anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Page 36 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1051 of 1068 Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Morning:)

bluets, awesome vet visit.  I wish I had a holistic vet around here I would love it!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#1052 of 1068 Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM

Hi just started to read this thread - will take me ages to get thru it all!  I am a homeopath as well as a midwife and nurse; its great to hear people talking about homeopathy and essences.  We use them on people and animals;  Ali

#1053 of 1068 Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by feral007 View Post

Hi just started to read this thread - will take me ages to get thru it all!  I am a homeopath as well as a midwife and nurse; its great to hear people talking about homeopathy and essences.  We use them on people and animals;  Ali

Welcome!  I am thrilled that you are here to add more dimension to the topics at hand! 

#1054 of 1068 Old 04-30-2011, 07:17 AM

I haven't been very active on MDC lately, it's great to read everyone is doing well.

I will post later to tell you about great things happening in my life.

Right now I need advice. My dad is flying back home Friday(just a reminder - my mom died in February and my dad will now live alone, he stayed with us since mom's death). My mom always did everything for him and he is not ready to be alone. He hurt his leg two weeks ago and is now walking with crutches, I have a very strong feeling he unconsciously did it on purpose, he is not ready to take care of himself and wants others to do it for him. I fear that he will keep hurting himself or getting sick so others have to help him. Any ideas which flowers I can give him to help him with the transition? Walnuts and Star of Betlehem tested positive but I think other flowers are needed.

Joanna WAHM to DS 10/2007
You must be the change you wish to see - Ghandi
#1055 of 1068 Old 05-01-2011, 07:39 PM

I have decided to buy monga waratah for my dad, this is the info from the internet:

This Essence can help a person find their inner strength. It addresses the negative conditions of disempowerment; of being overly needy; of feeling not strong enough; of feeling unable to do things alone; of always needing the strength and support of others; feeling choked or stifled in situations or relationships and feeling not able or strong enough to leave. This Essence is very much addressing co-dependency as well as strengthening one’s will. Consequently, it can be thought of when working with addictions. This remedy helps one to reclaim their spirit.

Joanna WAHM to DS 10/2007
You must be the change you wish to see - Ghandi
#1056 of 1068 Old 05-13-2011, 01:32 AM

I really, really like my flower essence laced water! So much so that I could not fathom going camping two weekends in a row without it. LOL (It wasn't feasible to bring my dosage bottles with me on either trip.) I prepared a 12 ounce glass bottle of mostly water and added a lot more flower essence drops than usual for a STRONG mix in advance. Then, every time I refilled my stainless steel water bottle with whatever water was available, I would swirl / activate the concentrated FE water and visualize the flowers (photographic memory came in handy...I could call up the affirm-a-flower pictures in my mind) and then add a splash. Ah, comfort!

I would have gone without under these conditions in the past, so I consider this a victory!

I will say now that I am back home and returning to a 'normal' routine, I am greatly enjoying adding the usual number of drops from the dosage bottles again. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder! love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#1057 of 1068 Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

indeed it does and thanks for sharing!  isn't it lovely when they become like old friends?

#1058 of 1068 Old 05-18-2011, 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone

I want to talk about end of life support.  What is our role as healers? How to be gentle with yourself as a healer.  What energy medicine can be used.  Is it ethical to use FEs in an end of life situation without their knowledge?  Helping caretakers before and after passing.

First  the easy one.  My mom recently became a hospice nurse.  I wanted to suggest FEs for end of life but felt asking for permission would cause more turmoil for the dying woman.  So I didn't do anything.

Second, the hard one.  My brother's father is dying.  He has liver cancer, which has spread.  The toxins and high ammonia levels are causing dementia. My brother found him outside this morning trying to fend off alligators.  

I have some FE ideas that I will post when I get a chance.

I'm upset that I'm not closer and that I don't have the skills or supplies to really help him through.  I am sure my brother will accept help for himself.

I am also experiencing my own grief.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#1059 of 1068 Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 PM

a woman's cat was clearly dying but he still needed to do some work for her.  the vet gave the cat arsenicum album 10M to help him make the transition.  then she told the owner that the cat would not survive the week.  owner was clearly just barely holding it together, so i suggested a grief remedy for her.  vet's response was "oh, how brilliant you are!" and she went and got some remedy.  within seconds (really, not exaggerating here), the owner completely broke down sobbing and collapsed on the vet's shoulders.  (luckily, they're friends!)  but the vet kindly explained that the animal still had some work to do with the owner, something to pull out of her, that's why he was still hanging on.  so she instructed the owner to take the cat home and let him help her.

ETA: the owner didn't know that the cat had been given such a huge dose.  when the vet gave the week timeframe, she whispered to me that the week would be a generous time.  i inferred that it would be a muhc much shorter timeframe.

from what i've read, most of the polycrests are also useful for grief - nat mur, pulsatilla for starters.  though there are some obscure ones (ambra grisea, tuberculinum, carcinosum and others) that are also useful for grief.  the little set of copies i got from the vet also point out that children can also be affected by grief though they might not show it.  i reach for the constitutional first as an immediate support, then puzzle out any separate specific grief remedy later if it was still needed.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#1060 of 1068 Old 05-21-2011, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireWithin View Post

Hi Everyone

I want to talk about end of life support.  What is our role as healers? How to be gentle with yourself as a healer.  What energy medicine can be used.  Is it ethical to use FEs in an end of life situation without their knowledge?  Helping caretakers before and after passing.

This can be a tough one.  IF I was asked to be there, I assume they wanted me with my tools.  That has always been the case so far (though I attend the beginning stage of life far more often than the end stage.)  So in that sense I think it's ethical if they requested my presence as that is what I bring to the table.  As far as helping caretakers-I will generally tell them what I am doing as opposed to just not saying anything.

First  the easy one.  My mom recently became a hospice nurse.  I wanted to suggest FEs for end of life but felt asking for permission would cause more turmoil for the dying woman.  So I didn't do anything.

It's a hard road.  I would probably take some time to educate mom if she's interested on flowers specifically for this purpose rather than suggesting them in the moment.  Once she has a frame of reference you can suggest them in the moment with a bit of the reason why and she's more likely to understand and therefore utilize those tools.

Second, the hard one.  My brother's father is dying.  He has liver cancer, which has spread.  The toxins and high ammonia levels are causing dementia. My brother found him outside this morning trying to fend off alligators.  

I'm so sorry.  I understand he passed already and I'm holding everyone in a place of love and peace.

I have some FE ideas that I will post when I get a chance.

I'm upset that I'm not closer and that I don't have the skills or supplies to really help him through.  I am sure my brother will accept help for himself.

IF he will, I just generally travel with a small English kit.  I can do anything with that.  I may have other flowers that are better fits, but it's like the polycrests vs. the tiny remedies.  You'll have something that will help amongst the 38 english and the kit is the size of a smallish book.  You simply can't anticipate what anyone's response will be in any given situation so I feel more prepared if I have that whole range.

I am also experiencing my own grief.

I'm so sorry, mama.  I'm thinking of you.  Sturt desert pea, red suva frangipani, dog rose of the wild forces, tall yellow top, bottlebrush, sturt desert rose, boronia and illawarra flame tree are the ones I'd think about for bush flowers-but again.  it depends on how you're feeling.  And do expect those feelings to change as you move through different stages.

A-sorry I didn't see this earlier.  I didn't get notification again.

#1061 of 1068 Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM

Hi all!

Can anyone recommend an essence that would be useful for feelings of rejection (first stemming from parents).  I can't seem to find anything in the Bach line.

Thanks wise mamas!

Jessica wool.gif  DS 7  DD 4 homeschool.gif
#1062 of 1068 Old 10-24-2011, 02:19 PM

wow, i love this thread.  i was active int he beginning and now i pop maybe annually and sometimes post abt how i want to share my story with mamas who'll understand but.. it has never been the right time i guess. 

where to start?  i guess physically we are a family with "allergic symptoms"  food allergies digestive issues and all that goes along with it.  our family consists of me dh dd1 8y.o. and dd2 5.5. y.o. and ds almost 3.

we have been very blessed and had alot of healing with homeopathy for me and my girls.  Although my dd 1 always had mild symptoms of digestive distress, it was always int he range of what ppl ususlly see and her pedi never really knew what to say or do abt any of it.

when my  dd1 was 3 and dd2 9 months i was tandem nursing and dh had an over seas business trip coming up (we live in israel).  i tried not to stress him with grocery shoping and got by on tuna and vegetarian face b4 he was leaving, i was not well nourished and i am sure i had alot of stress going on and i got sicker and sicker untill i had a stiff neck and then very advanced breast infection.  my mil came to stay with us to take care of me and then she had to go back to work and my mom flew in from america.  eventually i was convinced to toake abx.  and my breast that was infectied still has scar tissue or something that can get inflamed by stress or hormonal changes.  it is no longer soft and mushy.

during that time i weaned dd1.  then she fell off the bed and got a huge bump on her head.  my mom and i freaked and took her to the emergency room.  they wanter her to stay there for observation and they wouldnt let me and dd2 stay with her so my mom stayed with her.  the next day she came home had skim milk for the first tim (instead of whole)  and had diarhea. that wouldn't go away. 

as you can see this trip of dh's/period of time was tramatic in many ways.

i started dd on elimination diets which i knew abt from dh who had been on a candida diet previously and had a year earlier gone back on it shortly after a period of work and extended family stress.

dd1 improved slowly but not enough and i started to look for a homeopath.  the first woman gave her nat sulph i beleive.  it was something sulf and it was related to pulsatilla.  But her health improved from her acute ailment but emotionally and physically she was greatly weakened and not the same and the woman wouldn't call me back i could only speak to her secretary and she was from a city 2 hrs away and only had office hrs in our town every 2-3 weeks and well... i found someone knew.  who helped dd a great deal gavee her calc c. and aconite and those both helped parts of the picture but then the homeopath decided she was a pulsatilla type and my dd is very strong willed and it just didn't seem true to me.  so them my dd got very sick and iafter alot of reading and thinking i decided to give her silica.  And it all got better.  FOr the next few years i would give her silica when ever she needed it.  i'd know b/c she'd start askingto have a day off from school and then get an eye "infection" or whatever you want to call it. 

My dd2 has more food restrictions than dd1 and had a speach delay and a few other alarming symptoms b4 going off gluten.  I would treat her halucination ear ache night waking episodes with beladona very well and occationally she would get a chamomilla ear ache in the day but i never knew what her constitutional remedy was.  Untill 2 summers ago she got impetigo.  I looked up the main remedies for impetigo and read materia medica for them and decided that sulphur best suited my dd and her specific case.  Well, she took it and the impetigo improved and her hyperactivity disappeared.  Gone.  I said i guess this is her remedy then.  What Divine Providence!  Just like with my dd1 when i found the best similum for her accute ailment, it turned out to treat her whole person.

But my dd2 is very delicate in someways and i didnt want to do what i had done with dd1 and go up from 30 to 200 etc as each potency stopped working and so.  About 6 months after i first gave her the sulphur.  I started my 2 dds on the LM secquesces for their remedies.  I have seen major changed in both of them they are both beautiful and resilient girls.  And  I know this is very different from what is normally done - not treating your own family.  BUt i never set out to treat them, just perscribe for an accute ailment.  But we have acheived so much more.  I had taken dd2 to a homeopath a few times too but his remedies never had any effect on her.  (dd1 is no longer taking her remedy but dd2 is still taking hers)

My story is similar i saw dd1's 1st homeopath she perscribed me sulphur which i get, i might be a sulphur but it didn't work so quick and i wasn't satisfied with it.  the homeopath who i took dd2 to also perscribed me silica.  I AM NOT a silica.  and it made me feel sick anyway.  so i decided to take phyto lacca.  i had always felt drawn to it and the stiff neck that preceded my mastitis was consistent with the remedy and sso i took it for a while and my breast got much better.  i'd say all better, but when lactation amenorhea ended my breast would enflame with every period.  After my son was born, I started to get mastitis and took phytolacca 200 right away.  I cant describe how good i felt.  I was so happy.  So i decided that it was time to stop messing around and go to a "real" homeopath.  i went to someone who had given birth with my midwife the same week as me.  she doesnt tell patients what she perscribes them, the irked me to no end (and i din;t know this till after the whole long interview with her.)  anyway, she gave me something maybe it was even a placebo.  it was only a few weeks after i had taken the phytolacca and i still was on such a high.  Anyway.  i followed her instructions untill the no telling thing just became to much for me too infantilizing and i went back to phytolacca.  took it for more than a year with great results and wonderful realizations about myself all the time going up the scale.  I went up to 10m.  then when i tried to get 50m the pharmacis gave me LM1  not exactly what i asked for.  i figured it out.  And eventually ordered CM from a further farmacy.  but my symptoms, back aches, ringing in the ears and breast inflamation stubbornly returned.  andi decided i am not doing this alone anymore.  The potency is just too high. 

I looked to flowers and had some wonderful results with cerato.  I recently started working with a woman who does some sort of intuitive healing.  I feel like if i had really applied and internalized the realizations that bubbled up when i took the phyto lacca, the symptoms wouldn't have come back but  i have things that i need to learn.  So now i am working really hard on knowing that i am valuable and good enough not b/c i am perfect or saving the world or b/c I have some really speacial quality but b/c i am me and trying not to let the external events and thoughts influence my sense of self worth and like wise trying not to have expectations of the world rather practive accepting everyone for where they are at.  When i am on top of it my life and my marriage are so much better.  I am much happier with myself but i still put my expectations on the outside world to an extent that it effects me negatively and this is dificult. 

My dh had his story too but i feel i have shared enough for now.  Mirzam and Panserbjorne I have learned so much from both of you  thanks alot, and thanks for the opportunity to share my experiences.  Peace.

#1063 of 1068 Old 12-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Ah ha! So this thread is under spirituality instead of health and healing... I was reading it a while back and lost it :) Okay back to reading...

be good family...

#1064 of 1068 Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting to move this up on my profile... :)

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#1065 of 1068 Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 AM

lurk.gif

#1066 of 1068 Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 PM

Lets get the ball rolling on this thread again PLEASE!!!!!

I head to Alaska in July for a Flower Essence Practitioners Course and I am so excited!! It is beyond belief how wonderful essences have helped and catalyzed profound healing for myself and my children... and my dog!! 

So tell me what are you using now?

For awhile I was using a Black Tourmaline elixer almost daily. My son's go to is Sweetgrass. 

#1067 of 1068 Old 05-15-2013, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

Lets get the ball rolling on this thread again PLEASE!!!!!

I head to Alaska in July for a Flower Essence Practitioners Course and I am so excited!! It is beyond belief how wonderful essences have helped and catalyzed profound healing for myself and my children... and my dog!! 

So tell me what are you using now?

For awhile I was using a Black Tourmaline elixer almost daily. My son's go to is Sweetgrass. 

Oh yay!!  I just found this thread.  I had started another one in I'm Pregnant about Flower essences while pregnant but have only gotten a couple responses.

I've struggled a lot with depression and anxiety in the past and have tried everything from pharmaceuticals, talk therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, homeopathics, exercise and diet, and Flower Essences.  Last year I participated in a Bioenergetic Growth Group that was life changing.  A whole new approach of really trying to get at the reasons I have learned the behaviors and attitudes that are counter-productive for me.  At times it was painful, looking at yourself that honestly sometimes can be...but I feel like I am now at such a more self-aware and mature place than I used to be.

Anyhoo, since becoming pregnant I have seen some pretty amazing emotional and spiritual changes in myself.  To a large extent I feel way more balanced, self-care has come much more naturally and my anxiety and depression have largely subsided.  But recently, I was noticing myself getting really resentful with certain people and stewing in that negative energy.  This is something I have always kind of done, but it was more troubling now because I felt like I was passing all that negative energy onto my baby and I want to raise a compassionate child.  So I decided to turn back to Flower Essences, since they are safe during pregnancy.

The practitioner I saw had an interesting technique...  She basically let me look at all the Bach essences and choose five that called my attention.  Then we discussed each of them and tried to figure out if it was the right fit, switching some of them.  I had done a little research before, so for example I was pretty sure I needed Willow (something a naturopath had given me before) and maybe Star of Bethlehem, but didn't have much to go on beyond that.  It did seem like most of the ones I was picking out had strong themes related to centering and getting over my ego.  We finally settled on Willow, Gentian, Impatiens, Star of Bethlehem and Heather.  I just started taking them last night, so I will have to report back on the results.  But I have to say, I took the first dose in the midst of an argument with my partner and while it didn't automatically resolve everything, it did seem to take the edge off and calm me down a little - afterwards I had less of my fatalistic thinking ("Our relationship is in shambles!!") and more faith that we would and could get through this issue.

Excited, anxious and proud to be pregnant for the first time! My partner and I can't wait to meet the little boy sometime around Sept 20th.

#1068 of 1068 Old 05-16-2013, 08:20 PM

Awesome for the shift in the after thoughts. It was depression and anxiety that also led me to essences. I started with homeopathy and find the essences so much more gentler. One thing to keep in mind right now is the astrological forces at play. We are in a Uranus/Pluto square again. There will be a bunch more coming and it is hard not to go into a state of anger, intolerance, or waging war! I wonder what essences could assist in not being so sensitive to these cosmic pulls. Here is a great site for what the stars are doing and how they may be affecting us. http://www.aquariumage.com/vibration.html

Intuitively is how I'm rolling with the essences right now too. I like that the practitioner had you "vibe" to which ones you needed. Alaskan Essences have made a deck of cards for their 72 flower essence kit. It is amazing how right on the results can be. I was making blends for my kids and I but we seem to just use as we need now. The re-gathering of sitting in a circle and taking turns pulling a card or two and then taking the essence is pretty epic in its ability to chill us all out!! I'm very excited for their Gem Elixer deck to come out! 

And I can't believe I leave in a month for this amazing journey to Alaska for my practitioner training!!

Keep me updated on how your new blend is working for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page