anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1068 Old 12-31-2007, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A couple of years ago we had one going to discuss the spiritual aspect of homeopathy and flowers and it was VERY active. Anyone interested in starting it back up? I just re-read Bach's Heal Thyself and was wishing that thread was still active...it brought up quite a bit about spirituality for me. Anyone?
#2 of 1068 Old 01-01-2008, 12:23 AM

Hmmm...this interests me.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#3 of 1068 Old 01-01-2008, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Excellent! Do you use them currently? Have you ever, or are you looking to learn more (which is perfectly fine too!)

I am certified in Bach Flowers and in school at the moment for classical homeopathy. I am in the process of getting certified in Living Flowers. I use both for my family and love the spiritual aspects as well as the energetic focus in both.

What is your interest?
#4 of 1068 Old 01-01-2008, 07:20 PM

I bought a Bach Remedy on a whim really to help my daughter with her sleeping. It worked really well and this topic has now become one of interest to me. I haven't found anyone nearby to discuss it with though...so...I'll keep an eye on this thread I think.
#5 of 1068 Old 01-02-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Very nice. Did you use the Bach combo or a single essence? My kids respond *SO* well to the essences! They are almost always my first line of defense. I love them too. Glad to see there is some interest.
#6 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Very interesting thread idea! I think Masaru Emoto's work and findings with water are definately worth adding to this conversation, is anyone familiar with him? Here is a link to one of his books Hidden Messages of Water. It is very fascinating. I will post more about it later if no one beats me to it, off to go clean up the house.

SJ
:
ian'smommaya likes this.
#7 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

We can definitely do that if there's interest. I have read his stuff as well as seen it mentioned in movies and lectures. It ties in pretty well.

Has anyone read any of Hanehmann's original writing? Or Edward Bach? Not necessary to have a discussion, but it would be cool for me to see how others interpreted them.
#8 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM

My only experience with flower remedies is the Rescue Remedy tincture that I always keep in my diaper bag; I've only had the occasion to use it twice, when ds was in one of those crying-so-hard-he-could-barely-breath fits. I was so keyed up myself, I barely noticed if or when it worked, but I trust and respect plant energy and healing, so it's what I use.

Homeopathy, though, I use a lot. I don't know to do much more than search the picture labels of those little Boiron displays, but we've used remedies for heat-induced headaches and teething pain with great success. I've talked to a lot of people who say that homeopathy either works on you or it doesn't; I don't know if that's true, but I count myself blessed that it does indeed work on me and my family!
#9 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

I believe that both work on everyone. The problem is that most people don't use either one correctly. IF you get the wrong remedy you will not get results. Some things are more straight forward than others and I'm glad you have had success. I have never met someone that has truly been able to make that claim in either modality. I mean if you give ANYBODY arnica after a physical trauma it works! That's an easy one. Others are more intricate and tricky to figure out.

I posted awhile ago about a friend that said she hasn't had success with rescue remedy. I submitted to her that she perhaps didn't NEED rescue remedy. In talking to her I found that indeed that would not have addressed her particular needs. I advised her as to what she should use instead. This has happened QUITE a bit. Another friend said the same thing...again we went through her issues and she didn't need a single flower that was in RR. I mixed her a blend and she maintains it changed her completely. I have seen them do amazing things. I just gave them to my sister to help with a breech baby. I have used them successfully with infants. I find there is no limit to their scope.

It's definitely fine to dabble...it's how we learn. I just think that we need to be careful (not you all here!) that we don't blame the therapies for poor outcomes-or lack of positive outcomes is more accurate. '"Tis a poor workman that blames his tools." I mean, if you took an aspirin because you were hungry is it likely to help? No. For that you need food. Both homeopathy and flowers need to be used appropriately to ensure success.
#10 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 05:29 PM

That is so good to know, because looking at the labels on the pre-made homeopathies or flower remedies, I often think, "So what is there to study this if it's all right here?" But I think I've got it now; thanks for the great explanation!

Something I've wondered about arnica, and about Rescue Remedy, too; is there a chance of "over" using it, or becoming too accustomed to its effects? I hesitate to use both because I'm scared of this happening, but I don't know if there's any truth to that worry.
#11 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

IF you were dealing with a higher potency that would be a concern...not that you'd become sensitized, but that you'd "stamp" the remedy onto your constitution. That is when dealing with potencies like 10M or CM, not 30c.

With flowers, nope. It's fine to use them as needed.
#12 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 PM

I am only just beginning on this journey, and currently reading anything I can get my hands on re: Bach, homeopathy, and many other so-called alternative healing techniques. I've dealt with a plethora of health problems this past year or so, and allopathic medicine just doesn't hold the answers for me. It's deeper than that, and it's going to take more than a few pills to address the problem.

As far as Bach goes, the only remedies I currently use are Rescue Remedy and Mimulus - I haven't gotten much further in my research quite honestly, and those are the two I thought would help me as I'm dealing currently with a lot of fear and anxiety (among other things, but fear and anxiety are among my top daily feelings).

I've only just started seeing a naturopath - I've only been once so far and will go back in another week or so (after a CT scan next week).

At any rate, this whole process is very spiritual for me and I'd love to be able to come here with questions or observations as I'm learning! And if you've got good book recommendations, lay them on me so I can see if my library has them.
#13 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm interested in learning more about this, too. I honestly can't say I've ever noticed a difference when using homeopathy or flower essences, in me or my son. And we've even been to a classical homeopath who came highly recommended and took an online course. I want to believe in it, so I keep trying.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#14 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 06:48 PM

So I'm back, I just wanted to mention Masaru Emoto's work with water. In his experiments he found that water reacts differently to different words, music, and images; he discovered this by subjecting water to different things then freezing the water and examining it under a microscope. He believes that water has its own consciousness that records everything. It is quite inspiring and amazing to read his books!

In one of his books he mentioned homeopathy and that is how it works, the water remembers or is imprinted with the remedy. Isn't that how the Bach remedies work as well? I am probably butchering Emoto's work but it was so profound to me and I wanted to mention it here in case someone here might be interested in learning more. After reading one of his books I finally felt like I understood and could have faith in homeopathics and the flower remedies.
#15 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 06:58 PM

Thank you MissSJ, I will check out Emoto next time I'm at the library! They have a couple of books available, any particular one you recommend? The Hidden Messages in Water; The True Power of Water...
#16 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 07:00 PM

I read The Hidden Messages in Water and I really enjoyed it. I am definately not an expert on his work so I can't recommend which book of his is the best to read. I first saw his work on the movie What the Bleep Do We Know and was interested so I just read the first book of his that I found.
#17 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Mama View Post
I'm interested in learning more about this, too. I honestly can't say I've ever noticed a difference when using homeopathy or flower essences, in me or my son. And we've even been to a classical homeopath who came highly recommended and took an online course. I want to believe in it, so I keep trying.
There are different schools of thought when it comes to homeopathy. I believe in classical homeopathy, but I always question whether or not the practitioner looks at miasms. For me that is huge. You could have the perfect remedy for you (from a constitutional perspective) but unless you have dealt with the miasms and removed the layers it won't touch you. This is especially true with people who have chronic issues that can be traced back through generations.

Are you saying the homeopath took and online course or you did?

The other thing about it is it depends on the practitioners ability to translate into the language of the materia medica, as well as their ability to distinguish the non-human traits. You experience is the most important thing in deciding what to prescribe...but it's deciphering the non-human aspects of your experience that is the most helpful.

It is all a matter of translation. It is a gift indeed.
#18 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSJ View Post
In one of his books he mentioned homeopathy and that is how it works, the water remembers or is imprinted with the remedy. Isn't that how the Bach remedies work as well? I am probably butchering Emoto's work but it was so profound to me and I wanted to mention it here in case someone here might be interested in learning more. After reading one of his books I finally felt like I understood and could have faith in homeopathics and the flower remedies.
It is vibrational. You can get remedies (like tissue salts) that still have traces of the original substance. Anything above a 24X really no longer contains anything and it is purely vibrational. Flower essences do work the same way.

If you want an incredible and very easy read you should check out Bach's "Heal Thyself" in which he explains how disease occurs. IT's a tiny book...about 60 pages. More of a pamphlet really. It is incredibly profound and will clearly illustrate the phenomenon of disease.

The Spirit of Homeopathy (sankaran) is another BRILLIANT book that I highly recommend. I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

Allen's writing are also great and give a basic lesson in how the energetic experiences are imprinted in the genes. He has a book called "Chronic Miasms, Psora and Pseudo Psora" that is fascinating.
#19 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
There are different schools of thought when it comes to homeopathy. I believe in classical homeopathy, but I always question whether or not the practitioner looks at miasms. For me that is huge. You could have the perfect remedy for you (from a constitutional perspective) but unless you have dealt with the miasms and removed the layers it won't touch you. This is especially true with people who have chronic issues that can be traced back through generations.

Are you saying the homeopath took and online course or you did?

The other thing about it is it depends on the practitioners ability to translate into the language of the materia medica, as well as their ability to distinguish the non-human traits. You experience is the most important thing in deciding what to prescribe...but it's deciphering the non-human aspects of your experience that is the most helpful.

It is all a matter of translation. It is a gift indeed.
I'm not familiar with miasms, so maybe the practitioner isn't versed in them. I do know that the woman who recommended him swears that he's helped her asthma and saw warts fall off her body after treatment.

I took an online course -- Sheri Nakken's.

I'm not saying I don't believe it works. Once or twice, in treating my son myself (after searching through my many homeopathy books) it seemed as though it helped. But sometimes it's difficult to distinguish between that possibility and coincidence (something else contributing). I haven't seen anything dramatic enough to convince me completely.

And like the person you mentioned -- Rescue Remedy does nothing for me, or for my son, apparently. I keep reading about people here who swear by it, and I just haven't experienced it.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#20 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

#21 of 1068 Old 01-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
It is vibrational. You can get remedies (like tissue salts) that still have traces of the original substance. Anything above a 6X really no longer contains anything and it is purely vibrational. Flower essences do work the same way.

If you want an incredible and very easy read you should check out Bach's "Heal Thyself" in which he explains how disease occurs. IT's a tiny book...about 60 pages. More of a pamphlet really. It is incredibly profound and will clearly illustrate the phenomenon of disease.

The Spirit of Homeopathy (sankaran) is another BRILLIANT book that I highly recommend. I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

Allen's writing are also great and give a basic lesson in how the energetic experiences are imprinted in the genes. He has a book called "Chronic Miasms, Psora and Pseudo Psora" that is fascinating.
Vibrations - yes! Emoto talks about this, I believe he says the vibrations are what affects the water, that everything has a vibration.

Thanks for the book recommendations, I will definately try to find them. Stuff like this is so interesting to me!
#22 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

If the vibrational aspect of it is what fascinates you you should check out Napolean Hill's Think and Grow Rich and EVERYTHING by Abraham. The newest is The Astonishing Power of Emotions as written by Esther Hicks.

Those works are all about the vibrational aspect of life and how we align our thoughts in a conscious way in order to prosper-financially, spiritually and of course healthfully.
#23 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 01:20 AM

I'm subbing to this thread. We are doing homeopathy with my son and will start with my dd who has allergies and asthma. I have been back and forth in my feelings about the remedies. It has seemed pointless at times to pay a lot of money to answer questions that I wasn't sure I could truly answer only to be told not to do anything yet but to wait. I do think that I have seen results though and I am remaining open. I know that I sometimes cannot help but see issues through my traditional western mindset which is very much about "fix it now please" and less geared toward subtleties, but I am working on that. I believe in body/mind/spirit even if I sometimes need reminding that the disconnect is actually a figment of my imagination, not vice versa. If that makes sense.
#24 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
If the vibrational aspect of it is what fascinates you you should check out Napolean Hill's Think and Grow Rich and EVERYTHING by Abraham. The newest is The Astonishing Power of Emotions as written by Esther Hicks.

Those works are all about the vibrational aspect of life and how we align our thoughts in a conscious way in order to prosper-financially, spiritually and of course healthfully.
I haven't heard of Hill's book and I will see if my library has it. I have a couple of the books by Esther Hicks and I can totally see how this works. At first I was excited about it and tried to apply it in my life but in the past few months I have stopped. I'm glad you brought it up, time for me to look through some of my books!
#25 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

So to start a bit on the spiritual aspect, shall we discuss what we believe about disease? How you perceive it and how you deal with it within your family?

It's a tough subject as for most of us it is cloaked in fear. There's always the "what if's." What if I don't do what my doctor says? What if all I believe is wrong? What if I don't truly understand? It's also different when you aren't treating yourself. You know what your deeper truths are not when you are sick, but when one of your kid's are affected.

I have crossed this bridge several times. I know what I believe. However, I also know that I am VERY lucky to have excellent guidance. I have people I trust that have walked the path before me and shown me what is possible. I have one practitioner specifically who is very highly respected that has helped my hand at times. He has shown me how to navigate the rough waters.

So many use alternative "medicine" in disconnected and fragmented ways. I know very few who commit. It is a hard thing to do without support. If you are surrounded by health care practitioners who are threatening and coercing you it isn't easy to be strong in your beliefs when you are in the minority.

So where is everyone in their journey? Some of you have shared your experiences with homeopathy. I am impressed by those who haven't had complete success but still move forward. Why is that? Because you've seen other people succeed, or because homeopathy makes sense to you? Is your faith that strong? What do you believe you are in pursuit of?
#26 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSJ View Post
I haven't heard of Hill's book and I will see if my library has it. I have a couple of the books by Esther Hicks and I can totally see how this works. At first I was excited about it and tried to apply it in my life but in the past few months I have stopped. I'm glad you brought it up, time for me to look through some of my books!
Think and Grow Rich has a slow start (at least it did for me) but it is BEYOND brilliant. It's very much in line with Abraham's teachings. IT also gives examples of highly successful people that have used it that you would recognize. That to me is really cool. You get to see the principles in action. Dh loved it, and he's not a big fan of Esther Hick's. This way he integrates all the belief's into his life because Hill speaks to him on a deep level. It doesn't hurt that many people he respects are mentioned throughout the book. In fact, in Hicks' newest book they address the censoring of Think and Grow Rich. Apparently the word "vibration" was edited out because the publisher didn't think people were "ready" for that.
#27 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 12:03 PM

Truth be told, I don't know what I think or feel about diseases. My thoughts are circular and fragmented, and the product, I think, of knowing a tiny bit about a lot of things but not knowing a whole lot about any of them!

On the one hand, it's biology! Germs exist, and they use our bodies for their propagation. This is how the life cycle works.

On the other hand, the body is powerful and resilient, and people with especially powerful and resilient bodies don't get germs, or at least not as often as the rest of us.

So then I think, OK, if we all know that with good diet, low stress, positive thinking, and other "right living" kinds of circumstances, we can bring our bodies to this point, it is actually a choice that we do not. So therefore we are choosing to get sick.

And if we do get sick, we have a choice about how to think and feel about it. Do we give over to the sickness, feel and act sick? Do we ignore the sickness, refusing to become the sickness? Do we forge a battle in our minds, like the people who visualize their white blood cells killing their cancers? Do we seek the intervention of medicine, be it allopathic, homeopathic, herbal, etc.?

Thanks for posting this question! I needed to write all those thoughts down!
#28 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM

: really interesting thread!

Personally, I have been using Cherry Plum Bach flower essence now and then over the last year- it has been a wonderful help with anxiety!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#29 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
Truth be told, I don't know what I think or feel about diseases. My thoughts are circular and fragmented, and the product, I think, of knowing a tiny bit about a lot of things but not knowing a whole lot about any of them!

On the one hand, it's biology! Germs exist, and they use our bodies for their propagation. This is how the life cycle works.

On the other hand, the body is powerful and resilient, and people with especially powerful and resilient bodies don't get germs, or at least not as often as the rest of us.
Okay, here's your first problem as I see it. We ALL have germs. Lots of them. IT's not that some people get them and some don't. They exist on and around all of us. Some people are more susceptible to their damage, but that's a different thing all together. It is biology, but don't forget that Pasteur recanted on his deathbed..."The germ is nothing. The terrain is everything."

Bacteria have a function. That function is to destroy diseases cells. The reality is that they are BENEFICIAL to us. In a healthy person they go to work, kill off the dying cells and move on. You may experience some mild discomfort from the detox, but in the end you are healthier for it.

Some believe that it is a result of the body becoming stronger from having to fight. I don't think that's the case. I think the body becomes stronger from having the dangerous cells removed by the helpful bacteria. IT's a prettty big difference. I have read of many traditional cultures that actively and consciously ate putrefying meat in an effort to introduce the bacteria on it to help cleanse their systems. THe meat was rotten but they didn't experience more than a day or two of mild, functional discomfort. The bacteria cleared them out and they moved on, healthier and stronger.

Some people actively introduce parasites for the same reason. In the end after they have done their job they move on.

The problem nowadays is that people have so MUCH toxicity in their bodies. Mostly from refined foods that never actually get eliminated and just build up in the intestines. Some too from environmental toxins. Some from the introduction of foreign material directly into the bloodstream (vaccines.) When the bacteria go to work they have SO MUCH to do that it gets very uncomfortable. Then to add fuel to the fire people work really hard at suppressing or eliminating the workers and the toxicity remains.

The spirituality part comes in here too. The more toxic your life/thoughts are, the more you accumulate and fail to remove the toxins. Now, you are more "at risk" because when and if the bacteria are introduced they have a HUGE job to do and it is going to be pretty uncomfortable. In my eyes the best thing you can do is NOT panic. Don't take medications, herbs or supplements that work to prematurely end this cleansing process. Understand that it is beneficial for you. Embrace it. You will be rewarded.
#30 of 1068 Old 01-06-2008, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Another way to look at it that is far more spiritual: Edward Bach believes that disease occurs for a different reason. He believes that you get sick if and only if you are out of balance emotionally. The theory goes like this: the pp mentioned using cherry plum with success. In an unbalanced state (or in the negative cherry plum state) you have this anxiety. You are out of control and disconnected from the universe. You are unable to be in sync with yourself and that causes you discomfort. This is a warning. IT is your body's way of telling you that you are "open" to disease should the imbalance remain uncorrected.

By taking cherry plum you are in effect realigning with the universe and acknowledging your role it the divine plan. You are now able to function better, not only for yourself, but for those around you. You can now give back and fully participate in life. You have learned that lesson and sidestepped true disease.

If you hadn't it would have progressed. You would have failed to understand the signal that your body was trying to give (because the two causes of disease or misalignment with yourself, and misalignment with the divine or the universe) and it will progress. The only reason you get a full on disease-in his mind-was if you failed to learn the lessons. IF you, in essence, failed to be as whole as you could potentially be.

That fascinates me. That is why he formulated his essences. He experimented with hundreds and found that the 38 that exist now are able to address any (mental) malady that arises. He realized, that whole homeopathy address the whole in a deep way, they ONLY way necessary was the emotional. IF you could right the emotional imbalance then disease as we know it would never show it's face. Even if it did, if you could find the root cause (the initial imbalances) you could effectively rid yourself of it.

It then does come back to your mindset, but not the way we think of it. IT's not really about visualizing your body killing off bacteria, it's about looking deep in yourself and facing the deep dark truths that are our imbalances. Then, once you acknowledge them amplifying the beneficial aspects and eradicating the darkness. You don't, for instance fight the anxiety. That just gives it more power and is a negative approach. You focus on and support comfort and love, because in the face of extreme comfort and love no anxiety can exist. IT's like the power of positive thinking to the extreme.
yummus likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page