New Year Pagan Circle (January) - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-30-2008, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I had my ultrasound today and it went really well. Looks like I have one follie around 21-22 which means it's about read to pop. They want me to trigger tonight at 8:30pm. We'll be inseming at home tomorrow evening right after work and our IUI is scheduled for Imbolc morning! : That's got to be a good sign, right?

Thinking I should do a Brigid alter now, any suggestions for what might go on it?

-Rachel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Probably quite wise not to share your new interests with your friends at this point.. I've learned over time that not all friendships need to incorporate all interests
It is sad, but as it is said "To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Keep Silent". Sometimes ya gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, and know when to show your hand. That is the reality - if we want to work at a Christian or conservative institution, we can't be all "here I am" about our religious beliefs or we will have to deal with ramifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
I agree with all sides so far.. how very libran of me eh?

Funny, I'm looking at both the reality of the situation and the possibilities of the situation (Capricorn/Aquarius cusp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Thinking I should do a Brigid alter now, any suggestions for what might go on it?
Good luck!

With Imbolc being a rebirth of the sun kind of holiday, I would say that's a VERY good sign.

Despite the rebirth thing on Brigid's Day, I don't recall Brigid being a really mother-type goddess... Maybe focus on the home/hearth-fire aspect? Throw in some stuff for Demeter (she's got something going on around this time of year, I'm sure)...
Here it is: (February 2) FEBRUALIA - Festivities honoring Demeter who sought her daughter Persephone in Hades with candles. (Candlemass).

HTH!!

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
With Imbolc being a rebirth of the sun kind of holiday, I would say that's a VERY good sign.

Despite the rebirth thing on Brigid's Day, I don't recall Brigid being a really mother-type goddess... Maybe focus on the home/hearth-fire aspect? Throw in some stuff for Demeter (she's got something going on around this time of year, I'm sure)...
Here it is: (February 2) FEBRUALIA - Festivities honoring Demeter who sought her daughter Persephone in Hades with candles. (Candlemass).

HTH!!
Awesome, thanks Wolf!

-Rachel

Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 PM

Good luck Rachel!!! I'll send some positive baby vibes your way! : : :
Old 01-30-2008, 11:01 PM

Allright, I'm trying to learn more about being Welsh, but I can't find the answer to my question online.
Is Welsh Celtic??? I don't know.
And why do some pagans still call it Candlemas? As far as I know the church created that name for it to disrupt the flow of knowledge that was being handed down from family to family.

I'm TRYING to find a gemstone or crystal that I can turn into a necklace for each person in my family.
I'm libran, my hubby is pisces, two of my daughters are gemini and my youngest is scorpio. It needs to create protection and awareness. That can be its only use if its strong enough.
I have a great book called Healing Gemstones and Crystals but I can't find ONE that we all have in common. 4 out of 5 of us might share one... and vice versa. Some common ones are jade, carnelian, hematite and aquamarine. Does anyone know anything about this? Help!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:43 AM

my understanding is that Welsh is NOT celtic, from a wiccan perspective, in that Welsh witches have their own unique religion seperate from the Celts (Irish)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 01-31-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm sorry that I don't remember who asked my role as a Spiral Scouts leader, but here is my answer

I help with planning out our trips, crafts, games, etc.
I take my turn at bringing snack
I help with opening and closing circle.

I can't think of anything more at the moment but those are basically it

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

Old 01-31-2008, 05:33 PM

Burtsgirl, good luck! Yes, I think Bridgit is a great day for conception. It's my ds's birthday.

It's funny how close to being cycle buddies we are. My O window started 2 days ago. It can be difficult when my DH is not exactly in the mood and is stressed about work which can inhibit certain things. Ah, well. We'll see.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
Allright, I'm trying to learn more about being Welsh, but I can't find the answer to my question online.
Is Welsh Celtic??? I don't know.
And why do some pagans still call it Candlemas? As far as I know the church created that name for it to disrupt the flow of knowledge that was being handed down from family to family.

I'm TRYING to find a gemstone or crystal that I can turn into a necklace for each person in my family.
I'm libran, my hubby is pisces, two of my daughters are gemini and my youngest is scorpio. It needs to create protection and awareness. That can be its only use if its strong enough.
I have a great book called Healing Gemstones and Crystals but I can't find ONE that we all have in common. 4 out of 5 of us might share one... and vice versa. Some common ones are jade, carnelian, hematite and aquamarine. Does anyone know anything about this? Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
my understanding is that Welsh is NOT celtic, from a wiccan perspective, in that Welsh witches have their own unique religion seperate from the Celts (Irish)

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Welsh, I believe, is Wicca; Scottish is Witta; Norse is Asatru...

As for the gemstones, you may want to go with one that works with both water (scorpio & pisces) and air (libra & gemini). Or pick one that works with the intention you are going for (understanding, cooperation, love, safe haven, etc.).

HTH

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 PM

well I googled religious history of wales and I found that they are/were Druids. I know very little of Druids, so I have a new research project!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
CariofOz - thank you for the clarification. I now understand your stand point much better and I do agree with your points about the pageant in and of itself.
I hope I didnt offend you with my response before
No you didn't offend.. it was more me being frustrated because every time I reply to something a bit controversial I get misinterpreted LOL... Guess I should take a few more minutes before I post to put my head together next time

*I know I clicked to multiquote this msg when I posted last, but it appears mdc didn't want me to and it didn't select, sorry!*

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 02-01-2008, 01:01 AM

Welcome Annette! Congrats on your new bundle!!! Hope that you're both doing well so soon into your new life together. This is an awesome group of ladies. They always make me sooo happy! I hope you like it here and make yourself at home!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
Old 02-01-2008, 11:12 AM

I am so excited. I am going to the EcoVillage in Ithaca NY. Wooohoo! We are meeting my MIL and then my two oldest are spending a few days with Grandma. :

Burtsgirl- I am thinking of you!!!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 02-01-2008, 01:40 PM

: I started a new thread for February! Hope to see you all there!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif

User Tag List