New Year Pagan Circle (January) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since I'll probably be off line for a week or two soon thanks to our house move...

Happy New Year all! May we all find happiness, luck, warmth, and joy in this turn of the wheel!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#2 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 03:13 AM

/lurk

I've been following more closely the last few months and thought I would start the new year off by saying hello.

Ok, back to my lurkdome.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#3 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 04:38 AM

Start playing freaky music.....

I am posting to you all from the past! It's still 2007 for me for another half hour or so lol.

Dd and I are watching the New Years specials and having some wine and brownies. Wishing you all the best in this new calendar year. You are all such a special group of friends for me. Thanks!

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#4 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 05:23 AM

I never have the nerve to post on these threads because it's always about a million pages long before I think about it. So I thought I'd try to get in on this one. Happy New Year!
#5 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM

New Year's greetings from the mountains!

Heavy snow falling now. Lots of it!

Watched a torchlight ski parade last night up on the nearby ski resort mountain, and then they had fireworks too.

The torchlight ski parade looked like a kind of ancient acknowledgement of the spirit of the land/mountains... it looked like a serpent- representing the ancient knowingness of the land- of light coming down the mountain. It was very beautiful. I know it was just a cool thing they do every year, but that's how I saw it.

Got my goals in order... and am thinking about and "picturing" them so that my actions can begin to move onward in the most supportive direction toward manifestations.

2008 is going to be a year of wonder, y'all!

I am really excited!

Blessed Be!!

J.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
#6 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Blessed New Years Mommas!

Feeling a bit under the weather today and our furnace is giving us trouble so :.

I hope everyone finds contentment and peace this new year!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#7 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Happy New Year mamas.
I am hoping to be able to keep up this year as well, tho I may not post much
Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#8 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 03:23 PM

Happy New Year Mamas!

I am trying to think more positive this year. I started out doing really well with it last year, it went downhill and I fell of the optimist wagon. So here's to me hoping back on it!

Hope everyone had a good time last night!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#9 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 05:16 PM

: Happy 2008 mama's

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#10 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 07:53 PM

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year's eve.

And Happy 2008

-Rachel

#11 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Happy new year! Wishing good things to all of you for 2008! I feel like this is going to be a really good year.

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#12 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 09:57 PM

Oohh look at what I got from my Dad!

So nice of him. I had one a few years ago so it's nice to have one again. I love the artwork, and there are some nice ideas and articles.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#13 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 10:01 PM

Happy New Year Pagan Mamas! ^_^

:
#14 of 524 Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 PM

First day of the year is almost over for me. We are deciding on whether we want to buy another van. Test drove one today and may do so again tomorrow.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that I'm TTC because it depresses me as it hasn't happened yet. So I need to stay busy.

My dog is still bandaged and wearing his cone collar. He goes back to the vet on the 7th.Gotta go. Ds wants me to read.
#15 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:38 AM

Hi, mamas! And welcome, wateraddict and lovesdaffodils!

Joyce, it's always so nice to see you. I loved your image of the torchlit sky parade. I grew up right next to a Catholic church, and though I knew that the singing of sunrise mass in the garden chapel on Easter was about Jesus, it always felt to me in those wee morning hours like a greeting of the sun.

I'm totally digging all these "great year" vibes! I have pretty good feeling about it, too, and also want to manifest my best wishes and hopes.

So I've been getting these little incense capsules at the market when I go down to visit my mom, and I love them, so I'm posting a link here. The woman who makes them is super nice, the incense doesn't bother my usually-sensitive nose, and the scent combinations are evocative and all different.

Happy New Year, Earth Mamas!!
#16 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:45 AM

Happy New Year to all of you! I look forward to sharing my 2008 with you, you are very special to me

This year I am getting rid of the TV in the livingroom again. Every now and then I relent and allow it upstairs, but I can't stand it. I'm also implementating a reward system for the computer, since all three of our girls now use it. For example, if they walk the dog they earn 15 mins of use. Daily they're allowed times to work on the french sites and smaller amounts of time for webkins so their pets don't die But they've been spending alot of time online lately, and less playing and being kids.

I'm going to buy them all good hiking shoes and we're going to take more advantage of the fact that we're surrounded by forests.

I'm helping each of them start their own grimoires. I'm buying them binders and helping them decorate the fronts of them.
We're starting homeschool this year, we're all REALLY looking forward to starting!
I've finally been writing again!

I have good feelings about this year!
#17 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
I'm helping each of them start their own grimoires. I'm buying them binders and helping them decorate the fronts of them.
We're starting homeschool this year, we're all REALLY looking forward to starting!
This is, like, the coolest thing ever. Rock on, Sage!
#18 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:54 AM

Thank you HoneyTree!
#19 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:

I have good feelings about this year!

What are grimoires?
#20 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 01:13 AM

Grimoires are big binders or books that we use to keep spells, herb info, lunar/solar info, ideas, memories, knowledge and anything else in! They're like personal journals, just bigger.

Its bad taste to ever look at someone elses' grimoire, unless they invite you to.

In mine I have a section for lunar/solar events, astrological info, history of pagansim, lore and myth, herbs - both magickal and medical uses, a dream journal and personal journal.
#21 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 01:55 AM

I really need to start something like that, Sage_SS. So far all my information is on the computer, and that just doesn't seem quite as magical to me.
#22 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa View Post
Oohh look at what I got from my Dad!

So nice of him. I had one a few years ago so it's nice to have one again. I love the artwork, and there are some nice ideas and articles.
Man I haven't had one of those in YEARS! They are SO hard to find down here in Aussieland : What a neato present

Quote:
Happy New Year to all of you! I look forward to sharing my 2008 with you, you are very special to me

This year I am getting rid of the TV in the livingroom again.

Happy new year to you too! My kids are a bit over tv'd at the moment too (of course this week it's done nothing BUT rain so we can live with that!) But I think in a few weeks when we get our hs stuff in (I'm taking advantage of Oak meadow's 10% off sale WOOT) we'll have a lot of neat new stuff to take up our attention. This is our first year homeschooling too and we're excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdaffodils View Post
I really need to start something like that, Sage_SS. So far all my information is on the computer, and that just doesn't seem quite as magical to me.
LOL what the 'hard drive partition of shadows' doesn't sound magical enough???? laughuplaughup:nana::nana:

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#23 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
LOL what the 'hard drive partition of shadows' doesn't sound magical enough???? laughuplaughup:nana::nana:
Well when you put it like that... :
#24 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 AM

Happy New Year ladies I know this year is going to be fantastic. I just have to remember to remind myself that I create my own joy and happiness and that I won't be so sad forever.
#25 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 10:45 AM

UnschoolnMa, the calendar looks awesome.

Welcome to the newcomers

Sage, I love the idea of make your own grimoires. I made mine with a three ring notebook and some velvet fabric.

I have a spiritual blog online but I print it out every few weeks to put into my book. My handwriting is so horrible I couldn't read it if I wanted too and typing it up is faster and more convenient for me.

Kleine, I hope that pup is feeling better. I'm with you on the keeping busy and being disappointed in TTC. I'm just taking it one day at a time, that's about all you can do.

-Rachel

#26 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 AM

Happy New Year, mamas!

We're back from holiday travels, which were lovely. But I caught a bug on the road and there is nothing more miserable (in my sheltered existance) than being 7 months pregnant with a bad cold I'm going to take Mrs. M's lead and try for optimism this year, though, so that's enough whining!

I missed you all; glad to be back! I hope your holidays were magical and that 2008 is starting out right for you all!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#27 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 AM

*laughs* I have horrible handwriting as well. I love blogging becuase it doesn't involve my handwriting. Now that I am journaling though, I am trying to write neater.

Unschoolma- cool calendar.

I made a set of mandalas for our front window. I tried taking a pic but it didn't come out but I made them to reflect the different chakras.

We are all sick... It seems to have hit most of our family.

If you ladies could help me out, my brother is going through a rough period and it has been along time since he has been really happy. If you could send him some energy that he finds his career and happiness this year, i would really appreciate it.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#28 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Snow! Gobs and gobs of snow!

Of course, the pretty factor doesn't really make up for the added aggravation but... it IS pretty! I was trying to shovel the walk with Ro in the ergo and I angered my knee. I busted up both knees pretty badly in college and every so often it flares up again (my kneecaps sort of wiggle out of the groove and rub the bone, then things swell up and the joint wont bend). So here I am laughing in the snow, surrounded by half packed boxes, a 2.5yo who is a bit too fond of her blisteringly loud tin penny whistle, a babe who screams banshee murder if she isn't in the ergo, and now I can't walk!

I have officially entered the state of zen insanity I think since I'm not nearly as upset as I "should" be!

Love the grimoire binder idea. I stopped keeping a "formal" BoS several years ago but I do have folders with seasonal ideas.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#29 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 12:12 PM

I forgot to tell you all....my dad got me a necklace for Christmas. It's a chakra pendant. Now I have to say that I'm not much into chakra and don't understand it fully, however, I think it is so sweet that my dad bought me a "pagan" necklace from a pagan website.

For a few years now my parents have been wondering about my beliefs which I refuse to really get into. I've just hinted about my pagan views. Throughout this past year my dad has been telling me things about Wicca that he has learned, and I just tell him that I already knew that and I'm glad he knows now as well. Anyway, I realize he has slowly been checking things out concerning paganism for me. My mom is another issue. But my dad has shown by giving me this necklace that he accepts my different views. Yea, Dad! I won't bother to tell him that I am not Wiccan.
#30 of 524 Old 01-02-2008, 05:18 PM

Happy New Year, everyone!

We received a lovely Zen-style flower calendar for Christmas and dh and I, in our sometimes freaky synchronicity, decided to dedicate it to our gardening endeavors. All of our planting dates, seed startings, goals, etc., are being marked off in the calendar ahead of time so that we have a visual reminder of what we want to do this year and when it needs to get done if it's going to happen.

I really am a kitchen witch at heart. I feel most grounded when I'm up to my wrists in dirt. Happy, happy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page