LDS Mamas and Papa(s): JANUARY 2008 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
 
LionTigerBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sunday is my two year MDC anniversary!

Am I still a rabid newbie?

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

LionTigerBear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2008, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter
 
NewCrunchyDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Burrow
Posts: 2,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
Am I still a rabid newbie?
Rabid? Yes. Newbie? No.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

NewCrunchyDaddy is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linguistmama View Post
Tonight I wasn't feeling well when I put dd to sleep and she prayed that I could get help from a blessing! Usually her ideas during prayer aren't that complicated and it made me feel so good. Especially since several weeks ago DH gave me an amazing blessing and I was bawling through it. DD was very concerned that I had gotten hurt or something during the blessing. So we've been talking alot about how much blessings help mommy and sometimes I cry in relief. I'm glad my explanation had been getting through.
I love kids' prayers.
My little brother (age 6) spent half of december praying for snow on Christmas. In western Wa, that's not a common thing, so it was a big deal to him. Anyway, with all the flooding just south of them, my mom tried to explain to him that while he was praying for snow, there were other people praying for clear weather since they were stuck out of their homes. She wanted him to understand that sometimes we don't get what we want because it conflicts with what others might need....... well, after taht he started praying that it would snow "just around our house"
By the way, christmas afternoon they got snow flurries for about an hour. we made sure to point it out to him.

jenni

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm definitely a rabid newbie. I haven't even been here a year!

Hey, so how long does it take to get alittle tag thing under my name? Is that based on how long I've been here or how many posts I make? not that I have any idea what I'd put there, but I just wondered....

So, nursing has started hurting this last week or so. I mean, there were always odd days when I'd be sore because Sammy wasn't latching on very well (like when he was sick and couldnt' breathe very well). Or I'd be sore because I hadn't switched off sides in the night and he'd been on one side all night... but this week it just hurts on both sides all the time. I can scarcely stand for him to nurse. He has no interest in weaning, and I really don't want to wean him (I'd like to cut back on nightime so he can start moving to ds's room rather than squishing in our little bed--we only h ave a double!). I dont' feel unwell in any other way, so I don't think I have an infection or anything that would be causing the pain... Anyway, after three days of this, it occured to me yesterday that maybe I'm pg. I would LOVE to be pg (this is exactly the timing we'd hoped for) but since I haven't had any AF since Sam's birth, and hadn't started charting yet, well, I don't really have a way to tell yet if I actually am pg. But sore breasts was always one of my earleist signs--like, within a day or two of conception early. I guess I have to wait three weeks and see if I get nauseous...and if I do, I'll go take a test. :
Yeah, so, just wanted to tell somebody. (sorry NCD if that was a lot of TMI! )

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
 
LionTigerBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's exciting, Jenni.

Oh, and you can get a senior title after 1000 posts. Almost halfway there!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

LionTigerBear is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:26 PM
 
linguistmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Happy Valley
Posts: 1,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope your pregnant Jenni! And I hope Deirdre feels better soon so you cann all feel better Alisa.

I've found that my internet time in Moderation has been very helpful like LTB said. It's how I learned about lots of natural living things and I keep learning more. But there have been times when I've gotten too sucked in and just felt empty. So as long as I balance it with time with my real life friends it has been such a blessing.

How have you had your kids say their prayers? At night I say a prayer with dd, but it has been me trying to model for her and then she would usually repeat it. It feels kind of weird for me to be telling her what to say. I could say the prayer, I just would like to help her pray. Last night when she actually prayed for me it was so real and genuine which is what I want to teach her. She will be 3 in April.

:::
linguistmama is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
 
guestmama9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
So, nursing has started hurting this last week or so. I mean, there were always odd days when I'd be sore because Sammy wasn't latching on very well (like when he was sick and couldnt' breathe very well). Or I'd be sore because I hadn't switched off sides in the night and he'd been on one side all night... but this week it just hurts on both sides all the time. I can scarcely stand for him to nurse. )
This happens to me when we get thrush. Check your nipples for a slightly red coloration or rash and/or Sam's mouth for white fuzzies.
guestmama9911 is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
 
Leiahs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
<--- still hasn't bothered coming up with a Senior title!

General rambling and complaints about insurance and homebirth ahead, just in case you need a warning!!

So I finally finished putting off the inevitable, and called my insurance company (Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield) to find out first-hand if they would cover a homebirth. This is after several people have shared with me that their homebirth with BCBS (here in MD) has been covered through the very midwife that I currently see. I was expecting a "no", since that's what the midwife's office got when they called, but it was still very frustrating to hear. I tried using all the tips people explained to me: "Does my insurance cover an "out-of-hospital" birth (instead of "homebirth")?" Answer, after a very long pause: No, only a hospital birth or a birthing center birth. "Well, can you tell me where in my policy it prohibits a homebirth?" Answer: "I can't tell you what your policy says, you'll have to talk to your group administrator (is that the HR rep at DH's work??). But the regulations are set by the state health commission." "Wait, if it's allowable by the state health commission, shouldn't it be covered?" "The group administrator decides what is and isn't covered." "Just out of curiousity, taking into account that a homebirth actually costs less than a birth involving the fees for a hospital stay, why would a homebirth not be covered?" "Well, I would imagine it is because, what if something goes wrong? What would they do, call 911 and go to the emergency room? The insurance company would want to avoid that situation. Some women do choose to have a homebirth, but the insurance won't cover it. yadda yadda..." "So, you actually don't have any idea exactly why it wouldn't be covered under the policy, you're just guessing at this point?" "Yes." .....

sigh I will have the money to pay for the birth, whether it's covered or not, thanks to the Health Savings Account provided by DH's employer in combination with the plan we're on. But I am concerned about coming up with money to continue to meet the deductible for other medical expenses like doctor apointments, if this doesn't get applied to our deductible. Not that I expect to have a lot of doctor-related expenses, if all is well with myself and the baby. Only planning on going to a few "well" check-ups for the baby, and then only going in for sick visits or the very rare well-check up. But the practical side of me takes into account the "what-ifs", if someone does get really sick or whatever. Then we wouldn't have the money on hand to pay for it, all because the stupid insurance company won't cover it?? Sigh.

I'll still have the midwife bill the insurance company, on the off chance that everyone is right, they do use a "global billing" code, and insurance just covers it without really knowing it's a homebirth. (I talked with the midwife's assistant last month, and she seemed to think that the births were billed differently, even though other patients of theirs have told me they found out it was billed globally....I'm so darned confused...)

But I've also heard of filing for an "extension" when services aren't covered. Making a case for the coverage and whatnot. Do any of you have experience with that? I'm almost feeling determined enough about this to go through with the hassle of dealing with the dratted insurance company. Something inside me is saying, "I don't like being told 'no' for no darned good reason!!" Especially when the little paperwork I have on hand does say that they will cover some types of home health care (although I think they mean more in relation to hospice type of home care) and other alternative services, like acupuncture. Uhh, hello, what about birth?!?!?

Ok, homebirth stuff over.

Tonight we're having our annual Primary pajama party. DD's so excited about it. But she's being really grumpy, today, too (even the other moms at playgroup today noticed it easily, she's usually so bubbly and happy about everything!!), and so I'm worried about her being up late. Bleh. Plus I have no pajamas that fit my belly (I doubt they want me there in a nursing gown??? ), so I guess I'll just have to wear normal clothes. How boring. And of course they're going to give the kids all sorts of snacks before it's time to go home, I'm sure. Last year it was gushers fruit snacks, donut holes, and OJ in boxes... I'm not one to refuse my kids snacks like that, but I'm not thrilled about all the extra sugar just before bed on an already grumpy day.

Jenni, keep us updated on the possible pregnancy, how exciting!

Where is MDC on my good/better/best list? Probably just at good. When I first joined, I was gleaning information right and left, but for the past several months at least, it's just been a place to feel chatty and maybe occasionally getting new information and ideas. Which is fine, I need adult contact, too, right? But I definitely feel better when it's *real* people I chat with, and the chatty time isn't taking away from interacting with the kids. Plus I feel more supported with the real-life interactions versus the online type. Like Alisa mentioned, though, I do love having computer time with a nursing baby. NAK'ing always came very easily to me, and it was always very nice to have something to think about while nursing, instead of just sitting down and "shutting off". Or flipping on the TV to fill the empty space. Maybe I'll try to read more instead of so much NAK'ing, this next time, but I've also always found it very difficult to put down a book at anything less than a chapter ending, and even worse in the middle of a good plot, I feel like I have to find a non-suspenseful point. But I could definitely use some more reading in my life. It definitely engages my interest and imagination better than the computer does. Plus there are so many "practical" books I could be reading, if I just set aside the time

Okay, enough "chatting" for me. Have to cut myself off somewhere

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Leiahs is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 06:54 PM
 
Leiahs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linguistmama View Post
How have you had your kids say their prayers? At night I say a prayer with dd, but it has been me trying to model for her and then she would usually repeat it. It feels kind of weird for me to be telling her what to say. I could say the prayer, I just would like to help her pray. Last night when she actually prayed for me it was so real and genuine which is what I want to teach her. She will be 3 in April.
When DD was in between 2 and 3, she *loved* to mimic prayers with me. Now that she's 4, she absolutely refuses to even try to say a prayer, even with the offer of help. I'm completely baffled. And it makes me sad, too. I love hearing little kids pray.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

Leiahs is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
 
NewCrunchyDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Burrow
Posts: 2,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
(sorry NCD if that was a lot of TMI! )
My father is an RN and I live with Alisa. There is no such thing as TMI in my life.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

NewCrunchyDaddy is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 PM
 
ashleyb87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Ashley from Utah and have grown up my whole life here and life-long-member. DH and I were married in the Salt Lake temple May 11, 2006. We met on an elevator Sept. 1, 2005 at our University. We're expecting our first baby in April. We lost our first baby at about 8 weeks in May. I am about to graduate w/my BA but DH has a LONG time left until he gets his BS and Masters... I'm hoping the baby will come close to the due date (keeping fingers crossed) because I plan to bf but have a few classes I HAVE to attend to take finals the week after my due date. Just wanted to pop in and say hi .

Ashley-wife of a grad student. Homeschooling, CDing, knitting mommy of Monkey 4/08 and Kangaroo 1/11 with 3 angels waiting in heaven
Hyena cart WAH mama!

ashleyb87 is offline  
Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 PM
 
klg47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
Am I still a rabid newbie?
I define 'rabid newbie' as someone who is stuck on the ideals, and has no compassion for people and their real-life situations. For example, when I was vegan, I insisted that veganism was the ONLY POSSIBLE WAY you could interpret the Word of Wisdom (along with all the other scriptures on food - Genesis, JST, D&C, etc.). Then when I learned about and switched over to traditional foods, I insisted that was the ONLY POSSIBLE WAY you could interpret it Now I realize that just as there are billions of people, there are billions of ways of doing things, and quite a few of them are just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
Anyway, after three days of this, it occured to me yesterday that maybe I'm pg. I would LOVE to be pg
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post
I'll still have the midwife bill the insurance company, on the off chance that everyone is right, they do use a "global billing" code, and insurance just covers it without really knowing it's a homebirth.
That's what I would do. That's what our midwife was supposed to do for our homebirth with our 2nd ds. She specifically instructed her billing service to bill it that way and not as a homebirth. They didn't bother to listen to her, and DMBA (BYU Student insurance) refused to pay up. So we used our handy-dandy PrePaid Legal (PPL) service and threatened legal action. The Utah PPL lawyer wrote the most pathetic letter ever (they must've had a personal bias against homebirth), so we made the Texas lawyer write one. They did, and DMBA paid up!

We had BCBS when our 3rd was born in August. I didn't even bother to have the midwife bill the insurance, because our yearly deductible was $1000, and her total fee was only $1050. Up until that point, we had not had any medical issues, so we hadn't spent a dime toward the deductible. I just knocked on wood that we wouldn't have any more problems the rest of the year. DH had a finger x-ray taken, so we did end up paying $100 toward the deductible by the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb87 View Post
I'm hoping the baby will come close to the due date (keeping fingers crossed) because I plan to bf but have a few classes I HAVE to attend to take finals the week after my due date. Just wanted to pop in and say hi .


Good luck with the finals Is there any way you can arrange to take the finals early? My first son was due November 15th. I took one block class (half a semester), so that was finished well before the due date. I used all my nesting energy to finish up all of the other classes before the baby was due. I only had to go to one class the rest of the semester. I think I did wait to take all of my finals though. But I had a whole month between my due date and finals. The baby was born at 41 weeks, so he was 3 weeks old at finals time. I don't recall there being any problems with nursing. But with your due date being so close to finals time, I would try to take them early. I don't know how much you've learned about natural pregnancy, but the average length of pregnancy for first-time moms is 41 weeks.
klg47 is online now  
Old 01-11-2008, 11:04 PM
 
marlygf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leiahs, I have United Health care and I think the thing you're talking about is an in-network exemption. I tried to get one of those but my ins. said I couldn't with my plan. I had my midwife bill my ins for the entire birth and they actually ended up paying some in-network. I paid $2000 and they have paid 1099.00. I still have to pay my midwives billing service, but we used the money to pay off our bed There are still 2 claims that haven't been processed yet, so I'm still crossing my fingers. I also started seeing a chiropractor who isn't in-network. I figured my deductible has almost been met so I sent all the chiropractic stuff to them and I'm hoping we'll get some of the back. I figure you might as well try. Nothing will be hurt by trying especially when you've heard some have been paid from them.

Welcome Ashley! I am also in Utah and I had my first baby at 42 weeks Good luck!
marlygf is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 01:03 AM
 
frogleymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hillsboro, OR... finally HOME!!!
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
So, nursing has started hurting this last week or so. I mean, there were always odd days when I'd be sore because Sammy wasn't latching on very well (like when he was sick and couldnt' breathe very well). Or I'd be sore because I hadn't switched off sides in the night and he'd been on one side all night... but this week it just hurts on both sides all the time. I can scarcely stand for him to nurse.
I had this same thing starting when DD#2 was about 8 months... turns out, my nipples get super sensitive when I'm ovulating... then they continue to hurt until I start menstruating... Interestingly, when I finally did get pregnant when DD#2 was 10 months, I didn't have any soreness at all until the very end of pregnancy.

So, even if you're not pg now... maybe this is your first fertility signal and you could get pg very soon.

Good luck!!

Emily
frogleymom is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 01:45 AM
 
klg47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since none of you wusses volunteered to do it for me, I finally bit the bullet and called Maggie. She is doing fine - her computer charger is just having problems. Robbie was able to find another job, but he had to take a pay cut. And they are still waiting for the last check from his previous employer to show up. Maggie has started babysitting some kids to pull in some extra cash, but she gets paid through the county, so it will be a while before she gets paid. So things are really tight for them, but they're OK
klg47 is online now  
Old 01-12-2008, 04:17 AM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
My father is an RN and I live with Alisa. There is no such thing as TMI in my life.
BOL I coulda guessed that.

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 AM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg47 View Post
Since none of you wusses volunteered to do it for me, I finally bit the bullet and called Maggie. She is doing fine - her computer charger is just having problems. Robbie was able to find another job, but he had to take a pay cut. And they are still waiting for the last check from his previous employer to show up. Maggie has started babysitting some kids to pull in some extra cash, but she gets paid through the county, so it will be a while before she gets paid. So things are really tight for them, but they're OK
i am so relieved tohear that! I know what it's like to be without a job...dh got laid off in april but we at least knew we had paychecks for the rest of his contract year (which was until august|) I would not have coped nearly so well if we'd been broke on the spot!

jenni

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 04:26 AM
 
Stacymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I would share my two funny parenting moments with you all today:

My younger dd is going to preschool and they were talking about their parents' jobs. After breakfast, I was talking with her and said "What is mommy's job?" I teach violin lessons every single day, so I thought she would say it right away, but she just gave me a blank look. So I said "What do I do every afternoon?" DD answered, "Laundry."

Then a few minutes later, I was trying to coax my older dd into getting ready a little bit faster. I told her we had a busy day and we needed to get going. She groaned and said "Oh man, a busy day means I have to spend the whole day sitting in the van!"

Gotta love those make you feel good about yourself parenting moments!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Stacymom is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 05:11 AM
 
guestmama9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
My father is an RN and I live with Alisa. There is no such thing as TMI in my life.
Vagina! Nursing bra! Cervical mucus! The first poo after a c-section!

NCD has heard it all.
guestmama9911 is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 05:12 AM
 
guestmama9911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb87 View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Ashley from Utah and have grown up my whole life here and life-long-member. DH and I were married in the Salt Lake temple May 11, 2006. We met on an elevator Sept. 1, 2005 at our University. We're expecting our first baby in April. We lost our first baby at about 8 weeks in May. I am about to graduate w/my BA but DH has a LONG time left until he gets his BS and Masters... I'm hoping the baby will come close to the due date (keeping fingers crossed) because I plan to bf but have a few classes I HAVE to attend to take finals the week after my due date. Just wanted to pop in and say hi .
Welcome! And congratulations on your pregnancy.
guestmama9911 is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
 
NewCrunchyDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Burrow
Posts: 2,629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
BOL
BOL?

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

NewCrunchyDaddy is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 05:46 AM
 
klg47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, according to Wikipedia, BOL is the stock symbol for Bausch and Lomb on the New York Stock Exchange. So I think that Jenni is sending a hidden message to someone on this thread to tell them to buy shares. Srsly.
klg47 is online now  
Old 01-12-2008, 02:02 PM
 
RasJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 1,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You guys crack me up! <off to buy BOL>
I've had my hands seriously full lately. I miss this forum very much.
E is getting big enough to grab at everything in sight--while either grunting or happily yelling. I think he's going to be very active indeed. I'm in love.
I, too, am glad to hear that Maggie is okay given the circumstances. I really hope things look up for them soon.
Stacy-- that is so cute. I hope you have a very successful laundry career. From the looks of my laundry room--I think I'm failing miserably. Maybe I'll get fired??
Dh is coming home tomorrow night (YAY!) from Malaysia. I had really hoped to have the house a little more put together when he got home. The big thing will be to have decent food for him to eat though. He is celiac and has an interesting time getting food when he travels. He takes a suitcase of food and eats mostly rice--but 2 weeks of no real meals takes it's toll. He wants roasted sweet potatoes.
I'll try to keep up better here no that our schedule is returning to "normal."
RasJane is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 02:26 PM
 
quarteralien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 2,405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ashley! Welcome aboard!

Still here, still pregnant, still mystified. I think I had a huge growth spurt this week. I went from not showing at all to having a little bump. I wonder if I grew too fast and popped a blood vessel. I think I'm grasping at straws now.
quarteralien is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
 
ashleyb87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg47 View Post
Is there any way you can arrange to take the finals early? My first son was due November 15th. I took one block class (half a semester), so that was finished well before the due date. I used all my nesting energy to finish up all of the other classes before the baby was due. I only had to go to one class the rest of the semester. I think I did wait to take all of my finals though. But I had a whole month between my due date and finals. The baby was born at 41 weeks, so he was 3 weeks old at finals time. I don't recall there being any problems with nursing. But with your due date being so close to finals time, I would try to take them early. I don't know how much you've learned about natural pregnancy, but the average length of pregnancy for first-time moms is 41 weeks.
Nope and one of my professors said I absolutely HAVE to be at the final that is one week after my due date...Unfortunately I will have to have the doctor induce me by the Monday after my due date so I can be at that final on the Thursday-she said she won't allow me to take it early or late. One of my other finals is a take-home quiz so that will be ok and in my sign language class I may have to take it later on but my prof is due May 5th lol! None of my profs will let me take finals early though . I know most are born at 41 weeks I'm just hoping I'll be like my mom and go into labor on my due date...wouldn't that be nice everything else has been similar to her pregnancy so far...just hoping I'm not like my MIL back when her first was born they didn't believe in inducing so she went 2 months over her due date and had an almost 10 lb baby!

Ashley-wife of a grad student. Homeschooling, CDing, knitting mommy of Monkey 4/08 and Kangaroo 1/11 with 3 angels waiting in heaven
Hyena cart WAH mama!

ashleyb87 is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 02:38 PM
 
ashleyb87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: OR
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacymom View Post
I thought I would share my two funny parenting moments with you all today:

My younger dd is going to preschool and they were talking about their parents' jobs. After breakfast, I was talking with her and said "What is mommy's job?" I teach violin lessons every single day, so I thought she would say it right away, but she just gave me a blank look. So I said "What do I do every afternoon?" DD answered, "Laundry."
LOL! I teach violin too! I don't have any students right now but hoping to get some after I finish school and figure out my baby's schedule

Ashley-wife of a grad student. Homeschooling, CDing, knitting mommy of Monkey 4/08 and Kangaroo 1/11 with 3 angels waiting in heaven
Hyena cart WAH mama!

ashleyb87 is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
 
RasJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 1,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb87 View Post
Nope and one of my professors said I absolutely HAVE to be at the final that is one week after my due date...Unfortunately I will have to have the doctor induce me by the Monday after my due date so I can be at that final on the Thursday-she said she won't allow me to take it early or late. One of my other finals is a take-home quiz so that will be ok and in my sign language class I may have to take it later on but my prof is due May 5th lol! None of my profs will let me take finals early though . I know most are born at 41 weeks I'm just hoping I'll be like my mom and go into labor on my due date...wouldn't that be nice everything else has been similar to her pregnancy so far...just hoping I'm not like my MIL back when her first was born they didn't believe in inducing so she went 2 months over her due date and had an almost 10 lb baby!
That is so illegal it's scary. Contact your student legal office. Or just tell your prof you have their #. I hope it all works out without a big fuss.
RasJane is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 03:03 PM
 
RasJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 1,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
ashley! Welcome aboard!

Still here, still pregnant, still mystified. I think I had a huge growth spurt this week. I went from not showing at all to having a little bump. I wonder if I grew too fast and popped a blood vessel. I think I'm grasping at straws now.
Grasp away! I think it sounds plausible. SIL had a slight tear in her placenta from LO getting big and learning to kick hard in just the right spot. Lotsa bleeding from that one!
RasJane is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 03:28 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiahs View Post
When DD was in between 2 and 3, she *loved* to mimic prayers with me. Now that she's 4, she absolutely refuses to even try to say a prayer, even with the offer of help. I'm completely baffled. And it makes me sad, too. I love hearing little kids pray.
Will went through this... what we did was to tell him that Heavenly Father wanted tohear a prayer from HIS room each night, so was he going tos ay one or did he need me/dad to say one for him. There was a year or so there that I think one of us prayed for him more than he did...but he was there with arms folded etc, so we were still establishing the habit.
Of course we also had conversations about how he loves to talk to his (earthly) daddy, and daddy loves to hear from him, and Heavenly Father wants to hear from him too... so overtime he aquired the desire to pray himself, but meanwhile we helped maintain the habit without any fighting or forcing. (I've got a stubborn streak a mile wide, and as a kid somehow I got into a battle with my dad about saying my prayers, and of course I utterly refused...and I STILL struggle with the habit of prayer...I don't want any of my kids to have to fight like that!)


Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaterry View Post
This happens to me when we get thrush. Check your nipples for a slightly red coloration or rash and/or Sam's mouth for white fuzzies.
No fuzzies. Just some teeth. (No teeth marks either) The only redness I have is where he latched on off the nipple last night and gave me a boob hickie...


Quote:
Originally Posted by frogleymom View Post
I had this same thing starting when DD#2 was about 8 months... turns out, my nipples get super sensitive when I'm ovulating... then they continue to hurt until I start menstruating... Interestingly, when I finally did get pregnant when DD#2 was 10 months, I didn't have any soreness at all until the very end of pregnancy.

So, even if you're not pg now... maybe this is your first fertility signal and you could get pg very soon.
I'd be ok with that... my one hope is to not have a baby due the same month as one of my kids already has a birthday (I know several ofyou have that situation) But see, Dave got me this mother's ring, so now I care what birthstones my kids have--and I dont' really want repeats I'd also kinda prefer some of the prettier stones, but that's not as big an issue...we were hoping to get a fall baby though, because it's not just a tax deduction, here in AK it's also an oil dividend...

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 03:30 PM
 
brightonwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kotzebue, AK
Posts: 2,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
BOL?
Bust Out Laughing

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)
 

brightonwoman is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off