Forum Jump: 

#451 of 469 Old 11-29-2008, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by corysmilk View Post
hi
My name is Elizabeth. Single mom to Briana and Cory. 10 months clean of drugs, thanks to The Lord. I am currently without a home, just staying at my aunts house with the children. it's hard because she does not belive and makes it difficult for me to pray and teach the children about Jesus. I could really use your prayers now, For us to find an affordable home in Sechelt, BC. I have a job waiting there for me, I just can't find a place to live there. We need prayers that we find a positive church to attend. Prayers that I stay clean because I am finding it hard. ( it's hard to admit) We need furnature, beds pretty much everything:. Our house burned down 2 years ago and we have not had our OWN place since. I am ready now!!
Thank-you
God bless you
Hi Elizabeth!! Congratulation on 10 months! That is awesome! I will be praying for you. I'm sure it's very difficult not wanting something to make you feel better in your circumstances. I completely understand. I will be praying that you stay strong, God will provide what you need & you you peace & joy. Cling to Jesus...stay in His word & talk to him as much as you can. You can do it!!

#452 of 469 Old 11-30-2008, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
could you guys pray for my DH right now? he is miserable, and seems determined to make us that way too.
I am praying now. I understand when the dh has a miserable state and then proceeds to make everyone else miserable as well. I will pray fo you and your family.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#453 of 469 Old 11-30-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
Hi Elizabeth!! Congratulation on 10 months! That is awesome! I will be praying for you. I'm sure it's very difficult not wanting something to make you feel better in your circumstances. I completely understand. I will be praying that you stay strong, God will provide what you need & you you peace & joy. Cling to Jesus...stay in His word & talk to him as much as you can. You can do it!!

I will second that congrates on bieng 10 months clean. I hope that you find a home.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#454 of 469 Old 11-30-2008, 06:16 PM

Have any of you fasted while nursing?

There is so much going on right now, in my family, and my church, that I just feel the need to focus, and tune out the world. It'd be hard to do, with 2 LO's but I feel the need to fast and pray. ANy suggestions?

Elizabeth- Congratulations on staying clean! I hope God provides you a place of your own soon.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#455 of 469 Old 12-01-2008, 11:13 AM

Congratulations on staying clean!!! I will be praying for you to keep it up.

Heidirk - have you considered the "Daniel" fast? This is what I do when I'm pregnant and feel the need to fast and pray. Basically, you cut out meat and dairy. You can do the one where he was young and requested only vegetables and water and then was still stronger than everyone else, or the one where he was older and actually fasted. I think he said that no strong wine or rich meats would touch his lips.
#456 of 469 Old 12-01-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
I hope you have your answers soon. I know how it is to be in limbo, even if I POS my mind does not accept it (and a couple of times it was right not to accept it).

So, I guess I am hoping you get AF or a BFP! Whichever you really want.
thanks af showed up on the 26th and is already gone <scratching head> i could get used to these shorter visits from af! :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn C. View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to the thread so I hope its OK for me to jump right in with a question. I have a copy of the Purpose Driven Life that was given to me by a perfect stranger years ago that I still have not read. I was wondering if anyone else has not read the book (am I the last one?) and would be interested in keeping each other accountable.

I'm missing a fellowship community right now so I am looking forward to "getting to know" all of you.
to the group, sorry i don't know anythign about that book/program, but it is nice to "meet" you I am mama bear bear to 2 cubs, they're ds (almost 9) and dd (will be 6 in feb). i'm a former lactation professional, and currently a sahm. my "mr incredible" hubby is an emt for our county and a private ambulance service, plus is a volunteer firefighter. we're both pretty active in our home church. i run the food pantry, sing on praise team, sing in the choir, teach the 6th-8th grade girls missionettes class, and help run the children's choir. dh runs the van ministry, teaches the younger group of boys for royal rangers and helps on the audio team.
Quote:
could you guys pray for my DH right now? he is miserable, and seems determined to make us that way too.
Quote:
Have any of you fasted while nursing?

There is so much going on right now, in my family, and my church, that I just feel the need to focus, and tune out the world. It'd be hard to do, with 2 LO's but I feel the need to fast and pray. ANy suggestions?

i'd maybe say complete fasting if the nursling is small is not the best of ideas, but you could definately cut specific things out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicate_sunshine View Post
Heidirk - have you considered the "Daniel" fast? This is what I do when I'm pregnant and feel the need to fast and pray. Basically, you cut out meat and dairy. You can do the one where he was young and requested only vegetables and water and then was still stronger than everyone else
i like this suggestion

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#457 of 469 Old 12-01-2008, 03:54 PM

I think a modified fast is OK while nursing or pregnant, but not a complete fast. Unless you are complete fasting for one meal at a time. Like lunch on Friday. Or even lunch every day this week. Then you could make up the calories you needed for the baby the other meals. If you wanted to do whole day fasts, I think a juice fast would be ok, so long as you make sure you have the necessary calories per day. Or you could even just fast something important to you. Like if you HAD to have your coffee or tea, you could fast that. Or if you HAD to have desserts, you could fast that. You could even fast non-food items, like if you HAD to read the paper or watch TV you could even fast that.

There are many ways to fast. Just remember, it is not about just doing without. It is doing without then replacing it with prayer and God's word. So every time you skip your "thing" whatever it is, you should spend that time praying and reading God's word.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#458 of 469 Old 12-01-2008, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
or you could just pick an item that you really like and fast it....for instance my hubby drinks pepsi everyday.....and prefers it to all beverages.....well when wanting to fast he just stopped drinking it for as long as he felt he should fast..........

Coreysmilk-
Congrats on staying clean!!!!!!!! I pray you get your new home quickly!

God is good and faithful!
#459 of 469 Old 12-01-2008, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Fasting is about sacrifice...I think the Pepsi fast is a good example. Pick something that you would really want during the day....& you are used to. Abstain from that....you are sacrificing it for the Lord....to let Him know you really mean business....

I pray it goes well for you. Personally, I have no idea what to fast. My appetite is NIL lately, & I usually only eat once, & drink water. Not good, I know. I'm praying God will get me out of this darn depression & move mountains in my life!!

#460 of 469 Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 PM

I like the fast one meal idea. That would allow me to pick which meal I could actually replace with prayer, according to whether or not the boys are napping. I think I'll try this.

Thanks guys!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#461 of 469 Old 12-13-2008, 02:12 AM

could ya'll keep my hub in prayer for his migraines, his brother for salavation, and our sil for healing/peace? hub's brother's wife is a diabetic with uncontrolled sugars, despite being on a pump and being careful with foods, her thyroid numbers have doubled and her cholesterol has tripled. he left kidney is shutting down and her body is basically attacking itself now. she also has (i can't remember) either a brain tumor or an aneurysm. she knows she won't be around too muxh longer, and is at peace. she is worried about her hub though (my bil) re: his salvation and how he will do if/when she passes.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#462 of 469 Old 12-13-2008, 02:13 AM

also, for my mom. she has officialy lost her home, and is packing to move into an apartment. please pray that He will help provide her and my yojngest (12 yrs old) sister with adequate/safe shelter

#463 of 469 Old 12-14-2008, 01:34 AM

Wow, that's a lot for your family to be going through.

You know, I fasted reading fiction one week, I read my Bible soooo much more! Okay, right now I'm not at all. And it shows. I am so grumpy all the time. I feel like I'm a terrible, nasty, mean mom. I'm pregnant, to boot.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#464 of 469 Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM

:ugh another visit last night to the er for his migraines. they were mia for several months, and now they're back with a vengeance. the enemy is working overtime on our (immediate and extended) family right now.

thanks for your prayers ladies.

#465 of 469 Old 12-17-2008, 04:21 AM

Praying for you and family mom2tig99Nroo03,
I hope you can figure out what is causing the migraines. Here are a few ideas, as I used to suffer from them.

If he has taken antibiotics he may have a yeast overgrowth, which can cause migraines.

Does he consume diet sodas, artificial sweetners, or foods with msg?

Is he on any prescription medication?
#466 of 469 Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 AM

no abx since his last round of pneumonia well over a yr ago. no diet sodas or fake sweeteners.

yes to the msg though. it is in LOTS of stuff. we've unfortunately had to rely on food from the food pantry, and we just can't be too picky about food right now.

#467 of 469 Old 12-18-2008, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I just wanted to encourage people to believe God for more than enough.....
whatever it may be...money, food, clothes ect.

I say that because with more than enough, we can help others.

Also if you are struggling to have enough for yourselves, I really encourage you to get in the Word about God's will and blessing for us, so you will know God's will for us and know how to get it working for you.

God does not want us to have to struggle to take care of our families. He wants us to have more than enough so we can help others.

*hugs*
#468 of 469 Old 12-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Agreeing with you BlessedOne, This is what the Lord led me to share with someone else today. Let's have faith that He will provide even in these hard times. Let Him not say to us "O ye of little faith".

Mat 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
#469 of 469 Old 01-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Here's the new thread for 2009, in case any one else is like me, heheh!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1020342

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page