Crunchy Christian Mommas 2008 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 469 Old 01-23-2008, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I'm so glad to have found this group! It feels perfect for me!
I'm Kristen crunchy christian wife to Tim and mama to 3(almost 4) wonderful kids! Chris(9), Kaitlyn(4), TJ(2) and new arrival coming in just a few weeks! We go to a Church of Christ and we love it! It's the church my dh grew up in and where is parents still go. There are many other families that are our age with kids the same age so that helps a lot! They are very family/child friendly. They have a great childrens ministry which I just love. I'm hoping to get to know you all better!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#62 of 469 Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 PM

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this group! It feels perfect for me!
I'm Kristen crunchy christian wife to Tim and mama to 3(almost 4) wonderful kids! Chris(9), Kaitlyn(4), TJ(2) and new arrival coming in just a few weeks! We go to a Church of Christ and we love it! It's the church my dh grew up in and where his parents and siblings still go. There are many other families that are our age with kids the same age so that helps a lot! They are very family/child friendly. They have a great childrens ministry which I just love. I'm hoping to get to know you all better very soon!

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#63 of 469 Old 01-24-2008, 12:58 AM

Welcome to all the newcomers!

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#64 of 469 Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hi all. i just found this group. i am new to MDC just yesterday and already finding it addictive. i am probably spreading myself too thinly in this forum, but oh well. we just moved to northern colorado last Christmas 2006 and found an awesome church to attend. we don't have many friends yet, but we have joined a small group and are hopeful.

one thing i just don't get is that i have managed to make two separate groups of friends. one group is mainly moms from the MOPS group that meets at our church. literally the only thing i have in common with them is that we go to the same church and have the same beliefs.

the other group would be my crunchy friends. i have everything *but* the God-aspect in common with them i.e. AP parenting, non vaxing, non circing, organic foods, baby wearing, home birthing, holistic living etc. so it's really hard to not have Christian friends who understand and support the way we have chosen to raise our family.

anyway, my husband and i joke that i hang out with my "pagan" friends more than my Christian friends because i relate to them more.
#65 of 469 Old 01-24-2008, 04:14 AM

So Jackie, after 11 yrs no close Christian friend? I'm still looking too.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#66 of 469 Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
So Jackie, after 11 yrs no close Christian friend? I'm still looking too.

Yea...isn't that weird?? My husband is friends with this guy from work, & we have gotten together with him & his wife quiet a few times. She even said she wanted to be best friends, so I feel bad how I feel about her. I'm not sure if they still go to church, but they were involved in a really weird church...the pastor (a woman) would not let anyone talk to her or touch her after church because she said she was "too anointed" or some other cult-like junk.

She will take her husband's check almost every week, & go shopping at walmart well into the night, with her autistic son. She will spend hundreds of dollars. She pops pills like there is no tomorrow, her trailer home is a disgusting mess...we won't go over there anymore. Last time, her sons' room had broken glass all over the floor, & she just told the kids to wear shoes.

They have fast food every night, & I feel so bad for her son. He seriously needs interventions & help, but she just ships him to a school that ties him to a chair if he has a meltdown.

There is more, but I honestly don't how to be a friend to this woman. She has so many issues, & blames it on everybody else. Sigh. I don't know how to approach her without sounding rude. She seriously needs help herself.

#67 of 469 Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 PM

Thanks to everyone who had information about the Methodists. We are still not sure what we're going to do but we have tried all their services now.

cherryblossom - Are you in Fort Collins, or Loveland, or what? Which church do you go to? I live in Laporte and my closest friends are from my (former?) church because I really wasn't yet "crunchy" when I moved here. But now that we are thinking about switching churches and all, and I really haven't made too many AP friends...I'm kind of feeling friendless too. What I really need to do is organize a small group of AP Christian women or something...or maybe such already exists and I just need to find it.

anyway...

praying for you jackie and those who need prayers for health, patience, and growth!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#68 of 469 Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
cherryblossom - Are you in Fort Collins, or Loveland, or what? Which church do you go to? I live in Laporte and my closest friends are from my (former?) church because I really wasn't yet "crunchy" when I moved here. But now that we are thinking about switching churches and all, and I really haven't made too many AP friends...I'm kind of feeling friendless too. What I really need to do is organize a small group of AP Christian women or something...or maybe such already exists and I just need to find it.
hi, i am in west loveland. we go to Crossroads. crossroadscolorado.com
it would be great if i could find a group of crunchy christians! i am not the most outgoing or social so it is hard for me to meet people at church. i have been sort of involved with two different AP groups, but sadly i was the only church goer. i don't know where laporte is, are you close to loveland? some of my friends are part of the NCHA (i think that is right for the homeschool group), and apparently there is a christian homeschool group (i am planning on homeschooling), but i have yet to investigate since my son is only 2. i did start a yahoo group for the MOPS that meets at crossroads so maybe i should send out a smoke signal and see if anyone jumps out as being extra crunchy!
#69 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 12:41 AM

Laporte is just northwest of Fort Collins. So we are near Loveland...but not that near... Sometimes south Ft. Collins is a long enough drive for my little one to get antsy.

Hopefully we can all find some crunchy Christians nearby. I am not the most social person either...

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#70 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 AM

Welcome Jackie! I can imagine how frustrating that is. My friends are all Christians, but I only have one who thinks like I do, and tries practicing the Christian way, if that makes sense. My one girlfriend and I try to get together once a month for a Bible study at her house, and I love that. But I so wish I had more friends into that. I know that God will bring them into my life, and maybe this is about YOU bringing someone to God? Just by you witnessing to others, can make such a huge impact!! Good luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers!

Welcome to the other newbies!!!!:

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#71 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 12:36 PM

Hello all. I'm new here. I've been participating in MDC for a little while, but I just found you guys. Crunchy and christian - I was starting to think that was an oxymoron. Okay, I'm being really sarcastic. I have been really frustrated though. I don't have any christian friends that think the way I do about things. They ALL seem to have this bizarre fascination/admiration of George W. Bush as though he can do no wrong because he says he's a christian. I'm not meaning to slam him if there are GWB supporters here, just that I get frustrated that it's the "christian" thing to support him. I don't remember reading anywhere in the bible that I'm supposed to be republican. Okay, sorry, I'm digressing. Anyways, I don't know a single christian that doesn't spank and am really sick of the whole "spare the rod spoil the child" quote being thrown around as justification. And of course I get weird looks/comments for all of my AP practices. So anyways, it's at a point where we don't go to church. I don't think for one second that we'll find a church where we agree on things like this, but my church is such that they have all the "right" answers and anything outside of that is wrong, KWIM? I'm pretty well done with that church. We keep talking about church hunting but we haven't done it yet. We're in a small town so there aren't a whole lot of options.

But anyways, now that I've introduced myself by venting (oops), I'll add on some more happy details. My DH and I have a beautiful son who is 6 months old. He's absolutely wonderful. Right now I stay at home with him, but I'm job hunting. We really really need for me to have a job right now. I did have an interview last week, so I know you don't know me that well yet, but if you think to say a prayer that I get this job that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy & blessed View Post
subbing
I'm a SAHM to my dd (18 months) and we are hoping the Lord blesses us with another soon! We are also in the process of being licensed for foster care/adoption.
Happy to be here!
Hi. I just wanted to chime in here. Good for you with wanting to open up your home to kids in needs. I used to be a foster care caseworker and the foster care system is rough. My experience is in Illinois, but if you have any questions that you'd like answered by someone who's had a close-up view as opposed to warm, fuzzy, feel good literature, send me a pm. I am so not wanting to bash foster care or try to turn you away. As I said, I think it's great you want to open your home. That being said, I do think agencies sometimes gloss over things. I feel that every foster parent should go in with eyes wide open, KWIM? So if there's anything you'd like to know, pm me.

[QUOTE=dirtyhipegirl;10354999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Mommy*J View Post
Hi!

I thought of a question for this week if anyone wants to participate.

~How do you feel about witnessing to non-Christians?~

I like St Francis' idea..."Preach the gospel always, If necessary use words."

At times I know that my actions are much more powerful than my words, as in the case of my atheist father. Even talk of Jesus or anything to do with Christianity angers him. It's not easy though...

I read something recently about this idea. It said if we really believe that non believers are going to hell why aren't followers of Christ more proactive in sharing their faith... something to think about.
: I love that quote by St. Francis. I feel that too many christians are far too verbal and end up turning others off. My own personal feeling too is that christians tend to evangelize their political/social views before a relationship with Jesus and this can turn people off. Just my own observation in my non-crunchy neck of the woods. I have to admit that I'm not great with the whole witnessing thing. After years of high school youth group where the main point was to invite our friends to a fun even where they end up getting tricked into hearing a gospel message, I have a hard time with the whole witnessing thing. I look at Jesus and how it was about meeting others' needs and I think that's the way to go. I'm really hoping to get to a point where we are hospitable/generous to others. We don't really know anyone in our town outside of the church I mentioned above, so this is hard right now. But ideally that's how I'd like to be living my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
Hello everyone! I believe I posted in the old thread, but it's been a while since I have read here.

I have been a devout "born again" Christian for 12 years. I started out in a pretty scary, cult like church, from there I went to an assembly of God, then a couple of baptist churches (one I really miss, the pastor was well educated, & it was the first time I heard the word "canon" in terms of scripture. It was a stepping stone for me to know that true Christianity is not a brainless belief with a bunch of sheeple).

Now, we attend another Assembly of God church, but not very often. Hubby works Sundays, & there is no way I can handle my kids myself with check in, etc.

We did some major church shopping, & I'm still not 100% happy with the church we go to now. I have read a lot about various denominations, & wish I could find a good church that focuses on the essential beliefs. I'm very picky, for example, I will not attend a church who believes I am not baptised with the Holy Spirit just because I don't speak in tongues. That is a major pet-peeve of mine.

The church we attend does not push those issues, even though it's in the Assembly of God's statement of beliefs. I love their praise & worship. The teaching is good, but, I wish it was a bit more theological, a little more deep.

I would love to go to a church that is a community type church, non-denominational, & has excellent teaching. Having some crunchy people there would be wonderful, & I would BOLT if the parenting philosophy is the same as other conservative churches. :

I was raised in a semi-Catholic home. I loved going to church with my Grandma when I was a kid...it was so beautiful....all the pews, stained glass, candles, incense. I wish contemporary churches looked like like that...sorry, but these churches are cold & ugly!

Enough babbling for now. I could use some prayer though....DH's & my walk has stumbled to a major crawl. I don't open my Bible like I used to. We are under a lot of stress, my DH has very annoying, immature behavior.

I have been praying for a close Christian friend for a very long time. One Christmas eve about 11 years ago, I was envious that my sister was leaving to go to a church friends house to have some pie & coffee. I remember being sad that I haven't made any new friends since becoming saved. On the way home, a car pulled out in front of us & the license plate said "TrustNGod".

Well, I'm still trusting. I'm not expecting a friend to drop out of the sky, I have been involved, invited people over, etc. But nada. It's been really getting me sad. Sigh.

Sorry for the book.
I'm with you on the whole christian walk. I used to be great at reading my bible, but I was involved with many major conservatives for awhile and to be honest it kind of burned me out. I feel like I've had some real spiritual damage from some teachings/attitudes that I've encountered in some really conservative settings. I'm wanting to get back to a closer place with God.

I'm also sorry about your DH. I get very annoyed with mine. He has ADD and as such displays some very immature/annoying behavior at times. It can be rough. I've also been where you're at, trying to go out of my way to invite others over, etc...only to not hear back, or find that I'm the only one ever initiating anything. *sigh* As I said above we were involved with a really conservative church and now we don't go. I can't help feeling that people don't want to hang out with us because we're the "backslidden ones." Like we're being punished or something. Anyways, I won't go on and on, but I did want to let you know that you're not alone in these rough times.

Wow, this has turned into a really long post. Well, anyways, hello and glad to be here!
#72 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 12:59 PM

brandnewmommy,

I wish I could reach through this computer screen, give you a hug, & a "high five"!!

My hubby had ADHD as a kid, so maybe he has it now? Who knows. He truly is a loving guy, & really treats me like a Queen (sometimes). I just wish he had a brain like mine & loved to read, so he could see where I'm coming from with all the various issues I read up on. It's frustrating.

I am so with you on the burned out Christian thing. And the GWB worship thing. And the backsliding thing.

It's a good thing I proof-read my posts...I first put that "I wish I could give you a hog"...rotflol.

#73 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 PM

Thank you Sydnee.

#74 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you use cloth pads, but I thought that I'd let you know that there's a co-op going on in the trading post for some really great ones! I have a couple of them in my stash and they're my favorites. Here's the link to it http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=832529

If the link doesn't work it is on the second page of the MDC co-ops. The title is: "Joyful Living Naturals Mama Pads"
#75 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 02:18 PM

My link worked!! I'm not so good at computer-y stuff usually, but it worked! lol
#76 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie75 View Post
brandnewmommy,

I wish I could reach through this computer screen, give you a hug, & a "high five"!!

My hubby had ADHD as a kid, so maybe he has it now? Who knows. He truly is a loving guy, & really treats me like a Queen (sometimes). I just wish he had a brain like mine & loved to read, so he could see where I'm coming from with all the various issues I read up on. It's frustrating.

I am so with you on the burned out Christian thing. And the GWB worship thing. And the backsliding thing.

It's a good thing I proof-read my posts...I first put that "I wish I could give you a hog"...rotflol.
I wouldn't be suprised if your hubby still deals with ADHD. It manifests itself differently in adults. My guy is the same way - loves me - worships the ground I walk on - somedays. And then other days I feel like "Good Lord, he acts like he doesn't even like me, let alone love me." It's the ADHD lack of censoring things before they come out of the mouth. I'm the same way with the reading thing. It's hard when you're doing things such a nontraditional way (i.e. crunchy). DH pretty much goes along with stuff and I do explain it to him, but it's hard to feel truly supported when he doesn't truly know what he's supporting because he doesn't read up on it, KWIM?

What would I do with a hog??? I needed that laugh!
#77 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 PM

Hi Mamas!
Im in the Monterey area of CA. We are new to MDC and still trying to figure it all out. I saw this thread today and was so excited! Yay Christian moms! Why do I feel like we are so few and far between? Any one from my area PM me, I'd love to chit chat. (New to the area and have nearly no one to talk to! )
#78 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 08:36 PM

OK, So I posted my intro, then read thru the rest of the reply's. Just want to say We are all sounding in the same boat. Cant seem to find good friends to connect with. My prayer for this entire thread will be that God will bless us all with grace to see past the things in other women that we do not like, or that is not 100% just like us. Also that we (mostly me) can let the fire of God's love burn in us/me like it once was.
I find that whats holding me back most of the time is self confidence. For me my lack in confidence comes from past experiences that I havent sought forgiveness for and havent forgiven myself for.
Anywhoooo....long enough?
#79 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
OK, So I posted my intro, then read thru the rest of the reply's. Just want to say We are all sounding in the same boat. Cant seem to find good friends to connect with. My prayer for this entire thread will be that God will bless us all with grace to see past the things in other women that we do not like, or that is not 100% just like us. Also that we (mostly me) can let the fire of God's love burn in us/me like it once was.
I find that whats holding me back most of the time is self confidence. For me my lack in confidence comes from past experiences that I havent sought forgiveness for and havent forgiven myself for.
Anywhoooo....long enough?
That's a wonderful prayer. I have major self-confidence issues too that go way back. I wish God wouldn't of trusted me with so many stinking issues to deal with!! I don't want to grow...I have major growing pains as it is. Hehe.

brandnewmommy...I see it as a blesing reading your posts...your hubby sounds a lot like mine. I really have to keep it in mind that it quite possibly is ADHD. My guy is such a goofball, & so hyper. It makes so much sense what you are saying!

#80 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 08:50 PM

[QUOTE=jackie75;10385385]: I wish God wouldn't of trusted me with so many stinking issues to deal with!! I don't want to grow...I have major growing pains as it is. Hehe.

Oh I hear Ya!! Its cheesy but one of my favorite sayings that I tell myself all the time is: If God brings you to it, He will see you through it"

Bless you.
#81 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 PM

ladies, i need prayer please. i was in the er all morning this morning with an astham flare-up. i've gotr a cracked rib, pulled a muscle in my back, and my throat is raw now (combo of all the coughing/hacking/vomiting from the coughing and the breathing treatments i am guessing.)

i had to have 3 breathing treatments and 2 steroid shots-

i can't sleep cuz i can't get comfy and i have a pounding headache (which not sleeping is not helping) i think the headache is also a side effect of the steroids- (decadron- i've never had this one before).

i don't mean to sound whiny, but i am just realy in bad shapoe right now. i can';t take anything to help with the pain because i told them i didn't want any because i have to be alert enough to take care of the kids (who are unfortunately really wound up because they had an excellent nap after we got home this morning.) add that they usually give skelaxin, and i didn't wnat it anyways cuz dd still nurses.

i do have calms forte, and i also have airborne, sodium ascorbate(vit c) and hyland's flu care, and the flu care is helping at least lessen some of the coughing and some of my achiness. other than that i'm tkaing tylenol and motrin around the clock. sitting up in my chair actually is better than laying down oddly enough.

dh won't get off til sunday at 8 am , so i am on my own to take care of the kiddos, so i could really use God's healing hand right about now. thanks ladies.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#82 of 469 Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post
ladies, i need prayer please. i was in the er all morning this morning with an astham flare-up. i've gotr a cracked rib, pulled a muscle in my back, and my throat is raw now (combo of all the coughing/hacking/vomiting from the coughing and the breathing treatments i am guessing.)

i can't sleep cuz i can't get comfy and i have a pounding headache (which not sleeping is not helping) i think the headache is also a side effect of the steroids- (decadron- i've never had this one before).

i don't mean to sound whiny, but i am just realy in bad shapoe right now. i can';t take anything to help with the pain because i told them i didn't want any because i have to be alert enough to take care of the kids (who are unfortunately really wound up because they had an excellent nap after we got home this morning.) add that they usually give skelaxin, and i didn't wnat it anyways cuz dd still nurses.

i do have calms forte, and i also have airborne, sodium ascorbate(vit c) and hyland's flu care, and the flu care is helping at least lessen some of the coughing and some of my achiness. other than that i'm tkaing tylenol and motrin around the clock. sitting up in my chair actually is better than laying down oddly enough.

dh won't get off til sunday at 8 am , so i am on my own to take care of the kiddos, so i could really use God's healing hand right about now. thanks ladies.

Oh no, that sounds so miserable. I'm so sorry.

You'll be in my prayers.

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#83 of 469 Old 01-26-2008, 03:48 AM

Oh dear! If you lived near by I would jump at the opportunity to help you out right now.
I'll be praying for you.
Blessings, Arielle
#84 of 469 Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewmommy View Post
They ALL seem to have this bizarre fascination/admiration of George W. Bush as though he can do no wrong because he says he's a christian. I'm not meaning to slam him if there are GWB supporters here, just that I get frustrated that it's the "christian" thing to support him.

I feel that too many christians are far too verbal and end up turning others off. My own personal feeling too is that christians tend to evangelize their political/social views before a relationship with Jesus and this can turn people off.
amen, sista! on both points.

also, we often tend to witness before getting to know people and this can be a turn off as well. our church heavily emphasizes relationships and being ministerial. not just debating and prostylizing.

michele---i am praying for you.

great forum here!
#85 of 469 Old 01-26-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:

: I am sorry you are going through all that, praying for a speedy recovery
#86 of 469 Old 01-26-2008, 11:34 PM

thank you ladies.

i am praying for all on here, even though i'm not posting individual responses, and all the new mamas here as well.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#87 of 469 Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:

You poor thing. How awful. *hugs* I hope that you have a quick recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binxsmom View Post
amen, sista! on both points.

also, we often tend to witness before getting to know people and this can be a turn off as well. our church heavily emphasizes relationships and being ministerial. not just debating and prostylizing.

michele---i am praying for you.

great forum here!
I totally agree! I think I've been guilty of this when I was younger. It's pretty much the way that I was trained to be. And I use the word trained because I think it's appropriate. I feel like I was doing things the way I was because that was the "only right way", KWIM? As I've gotten older I've realized that there are so many points within the christian faith which people can disagree on and still be followers of Christ. However, that's not the way I was taught when I was younger. It was like there was one way to be christian with one set of "right" social/political beliefs.

Oh...here I am on my soapbox again.

Anyways, my hubby and I are trying a church tomorrow to see what we think. So hopefully we'll be able to tell if it would be a good fit or not.
#88 of 469 Old 01-28-2008, 12:44 AM

Any luck with the new church Crystal?
We recently have fallen in love with a church and the childrens ministry in incredible. Unfortunatly my oldest DD is very insecure (2 yr) and the ppl providing child care for my MOPS a couple weeks ago let her cry a long time with out paging me. Needless to say she hasnt gone back to Sunday School. Its so hard sitting through church with a chattering 2 year old that say repetitivly "mommy, please look at my face!" haha. Anyway, Hope everyone got to get out and hear a message today.

Arielle
#89 of 469 Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
Any luck with the new church Crystal?
We recently have fallen in love with a church and the childrens ministry in incredible. Unfortunatly my oldest DD is very insecure (2 yr) and the ppl providing child care for my MOPS a couple weeks ago let her cry a long time with out paging me. Needless to say she hasnt gone back to Sunday School. Its so hard sitting through church with a chattering 2 year old that say repetitivly "mommy, please look at my face!" haha. Anyway, Hope everyone got to get out and hear a message today.

Arielle
We both felt good about it after a first go. So we're going to try it again. DH and I don't want to rush into anything, so it may take awhile before we form a complete opinion. Right now they're without a pastor. So that could be a concern depending on who they get in there. So for now I think we're going to try to attend for a little bit and see what we think. The people were friendly, but not scary-let's-all-drink-special-koolaide-together-friendly, KWIM?

Lol about church with your 2 year old! It's too bad it didn't work out in the Sunday School. I would do the same thing though. I have yet to put DS in a nursery. The church that we went to a couple times since he's been born has a horrible nursery program. It's actually a really big church and what's happened is that they outgrew their nursery. They don't have enough space or staff to accomodate the children that they have. In my opinion, it's unsafe, but they don't seem to see a need to change it. Yet another gripe about our previous church. Oops.

I'd like to find somewhere that has a great kids program, but if their kids program sucks and we like everything else we may just deal with that. Especially since we don't plan on staying in this town once my DH is done with nursing school. So we'll probably be gone by the time DS would be the age for church activities.

Anyways, I'm rambling. Thanks for thinking of us!
#90 of 469 Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM

"mommy Please look at my face!"

Oohhh the things we teach them!

I don't have anyone else to share this with, but I'm super excited and scared and hopeful.....:

I just got accepted to bible college! I'm in the Ministry preparatory program, and I'm starting my first class Feb. 4th!

I have lots of work ahead of me, and I still don't know the extent of the Call God has placed on me, but I'm committed to it.

Pray for me, please, I don't know how I'm going to balance this and being a wife/momma. And I have ADD too, which just complicates things unbeleivably.

I'm glad you all are here!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page