What happened to Wise Ways of Women? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2008, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Terri, I just love the name "Womb Whisperer"! I it!!!
I thought you would like that! I like it too. Maybe I should change my wwow username . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM

Hey, maybe if I post here enough I can FINALLY make senior member...6 years later....

So with a brief consult with Devon, I decided on the "acorn cap" version in this yarn.

I'm getting to the point where I think I can drop the oars with the sleep and food stuff. Which is SO liberating! It's amazing what kinds of things can happen when you just let go.

I just signed up for Terri's class! So exciting!

I'm back home, heating up Thai curry and Ethiopian leftovers for dinner. Gotta love leftovers on these nights.

Oh, I forgot! DH came in this morning and said he had the most wonderful dream that we were living in Portland and had our dream lives. He was doing a job he loved and we had this awesome house. Things were finally settled and we were home. Our whole family was so happy! When he was telling me about it he said, "You know, it wasn't at all about anything in the dream really. The best part was the FEELING I had when I was living there". It's funny, DH has done very little in term of LoA and spirituality and certainly hasn't listened to any "it's not about the _________, it's about the feeling" talks. To hear him say this was huge. I as beaming.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
Leah

We bit the bullet and paid 295 for an aquadoula. We picked it up, set it up, cleaned it, and returned it so I think getting all of that for 300 is a great price. It is big and roomy and has a heater.
Thanks Hillary, I am sort of leaning towards the rental too, with the thought that $300 might be worth not having to worry about doing any of the work for the tub. Definitely gotta have the tub though! I am thinking Noodle will be arriving into the water for sure.

Kate, I hope you are feeling more relaxed now that you have cancelled your visitors for the next couple days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposita View Post
Hey, maybe if I post here enough I can FINALLY make senior member...6 years later....

So with a brief consult with Devon, I decided on the "acorn cap" version in this yarn.
I was going to comment on how cute that cap was that you highlighted earlier! I have yet to start the little knitting project I had in mind, but I have finished 3 crocheted caps! I made a matching set for dd and I, figuring I better get that out of my system while she is still willing to wear the same thing as me
Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
Hey ladies...is this where the LOA thread went? I need some 'wise women' in my life.

That and all my Christian friends think I am "falling away" because I am following "Ask and you shall recive" mentality.

Jenny
Hi Jenny! Welcome to our law of attraction community and congrats on the new little one. Enjoy your babymoon!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremontmama View Post
What is everyone's opinion about renting a birth tub vs buying something similar?
I did the kiddie pool thing for my second. But, when I started having contractions a few weeks early and the tub wasn't ready...there was a moment or two of panic.

In the end I didn't use the tub because where the pain was made it impossible for me to get in the tub or be in any position other than standing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom View Post
yeah, I mean, it's biblical, so what's the big deal {having this problem myself} I mean it's basically expounding on ask & it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, right. So what's the big deal?
Yes, it truly is in alignment with many things...praying, being grateful, let go and let God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I thought you would like that! I like it too. Maybe I should change my wwow username . . .
NO! No more name changes. My brain hurts from our brief stay here...I can't take more changes there too. Who are you again?!?!?! lol

Quote:
DH came in this morning and said he had the most wonderful dream that we were living in Portland and had our dream lives. He was doing a job he loved and we had this awesome house. Things were finally settled and we were home. Our whole family was so happy!
I know how thrilled you are to have him getting in alignment with this...perhaps it is a sign that things are lining up exactly the way you have been manifesting!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
NO! No more name changes. My brain hurts from our brief stay here...I can't take more changes there too. Who are you again?!?!?! lol

! okay, okay! I know! I was surprised by Dandelion especially!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 PM

Dandelion's here? what's her username!?

fremontmama, I am cracking up at your signature line. you're still thinking about ttc??

andrea I love the hat patterns and that yarn is gorgeous!! and I was thinking the same thing earlier about the possibility of finally hitting 1000 posts here if wwow stays down another day or two. I love your dh's dream

Kate ahhhh i am basking in your babymoon energy. feels great
Old 01-10-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
Dandelion's here? what's her username!?

fremontmama, I am cracking up at your signature line. you're still thinking about ttc??
She's Mrs Titlemouse and Andy is mamabeca. Weird!

I am giggling at Leah's sig too... and Hillary's... so are we expecting someone NEXT fall now?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Okay....

Who didn't drop their oars!?!?!?!?!??!
Mine were so dropped that I didn't even think about them again until you brought them up!

Quote:
Leah, so great to hear from you!

Heather, that DOES sound like fun!

Terri, I just love the name "Womb Whisperer"! I it!!!

Thanks Mamas, for all the good vibes. *Trying* to take it easy, but with a (almost) 3 year old, it's ....challenging. Drinking my water, OJ, and Recharge.
Took some herbs.

I'm going to raise my vibe now by telling of my latest joys!

Putting Roan in the sling for the first time -- oooh, he LOVES it. Practically slept in it alllllll day.

Taking sweet pics of Finn holding Roan.

Roan being MOBILE without his placenta attached! It's been fun having something to celebrate again 6 days post-partum.

Using our home-grocery-delivery service. Oohhhh...I LOVE them!!! I don't know what I'd do without them!

Putting Roan in an orange-striped onsie that REALLY brings out his reddish hair.

Being able to commune with my peeps no matter what! I love you, Mamas!

MyLittleWonders, I was talking about you because I MISSED you! I was wondering where you'd been and now here you are!
Your vibe raisers raised my vibe. And having no idea of what Roan looks like (other than I am positive absolutely adorable!), I can totally picture him in an orange stripped onsie with his reddish hair.

And, you made my day! Somehow you WWoW women always have a way of doing that ... making my day. and and It is *SO* good to be back.

Quote:
Lots of healing vibes mama. Just relax! Did you know it takes a full 3 years for your body to return to "normal"!

Yes!
in fact I am totally holding out and waiting to post a few things!

Three years??? Does that time period grow exponentially if you don't take the required 3 years before having another (and another?). Oh do I have some vibrational work to do on my body.
Quote:
Leah

We bit the bullet and paid 295 for an aquadoula. We picked it up, set it up, cleaned it, and returned it so I think getting all of that for 300 is a great price. It is big and roomy and has a heater.
We also rented an Aquadoula and it was well worth the money. It was nice and big (actually almost too big and I'm 5' 9") and kept the water hot.
Quote:
Hey ladies...is this where the LOA thread went? I need some 'wise women' in my life.

That and all my Christian friends think I am "falling away" because I am following "Ask and you shall recive" mentality.

Jenny
Jenny and Welcome! This is definitely where wise women hang.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I did the kiddie pool thing for my second. But, when I started having contractions a few weeks early and the tub wasn't ready...there was a moment or two of panic.

In the end I didn't use the tub because where the pain was made it impossible for me to get in the tub or be in any position other than standing.

I feel the same way about all the names! I'm so confused! :

Okay, I think your post has confirmed it for me on the tub. We are saving up to rent one. I dont think I could process any stress about getting a tub set up, I wanna concentrate on blissful blooming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
Yeah, I oughtta change that. I hadn't really been paying any attention to it.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:30 PM

MLW, I was wondering what you had been up to as well! Good to see you!

And thanks for the aquadoula feedback too. It sounds like it will have plenty of room for another person to hop in if needed. Cool!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:32 PM

::::

Hello my dears!

I guess wild horses and a lovely young blonde woman couldn't keep us away!

:
Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I would like to share my appreciation for the lovely blonde on the front page of my site:

-she is really cute
-I appreciate that she is putting her energy into greeting me 857 times an hour
-I can just tell she shares in my desire to no longer have her stuck on that page
-she obviously is playing a role in this physical experience for all of us, or we wouldn't be staring at her face so often
-she has a great chin, which reminds me of my own
-her hair is naturally that colour and/or she has a wonderful colourist
-she is reminding me of how it feels to stand in the sunshine in a tank top - nice feeling in the middle of a Canadian January
-there's a sparkle in her eye that let's me know she's laughing with me

What a lovely woman! :
laughup : : : :

I think it is her natural color, because it's not all the same color. Mine used to be blonde and brown, 5 different shades at least... now it's the dark brown that used to only be in the back underneath, and threads of silver that I am just waiting to turn into streaks!

Quote:
I think the 'sending good vibes' smiley looks like she's spitting water at someone!!!

Quote:
One more thing about our lovely blonde:

She helped me reminisce about long ago, when I would wear something on my back other than a squirmy toddler.
I vaguely remember what that was like.

Quote:
I'm having some big insights into my views on health. It's been great to do some meditating where I can really get to the bottom of things.
I'd love to hear more about this...

Quote:
Okay....

Who didn't drop their oars!?!?!?!?!??!
Hey, I took off, went out and had a lovely afternoon. ds and I met our friend L. and we walked around downtown and I did some shopping and I now have 3 new tops fromthe Indian store at 20% off, a light green organic cotton zippered sweatshirt that is just what I want to wear with my dark green fleece vest on mild days like today... and it was half price! The full price was too much but the owner said she was about to mark all the stuff of that brand 1/2 off, and she'd give it to me at that price plus a fun cooperative game for ds and for me the most beautiful purple metal water bottle! And walking about with another adult made things so EASY!!! A couple times L took ds and went one way while I went another... that's how I got to actually shop! So I didn't even think about oars!

But I have to say, this whole dropping the oars thing is ruining one of my favorite expressions: up s*** creek without a paddle! See, cause now you're telling me that's a good thing?!? :

Leah, great to hear from you! Keep letting the well-being in!

Heather, so glad your vacation has been fun and inspirational!

Quote:
Putting Roan in an orange-striped onsie that REALLY brings out his reddish hair.
whoo-hoo! another redhead!

Quote:

Hi Jenny!

Jesus himself got flack from religious people of his day for talking about connecting with the spirit of God more than following all the details of the law. So I think you are in very good company.

Quote:
I'm getting to the point where I think I can drop the oars with the sleep and food stuff. Which is SO liberating! It's amazing what kinds of things can happen when you just let go.

I just signed up for Terri's class! So exciting!

I'm back home, heating up Thai curry and Ethiopian leftovers for dinner. Gotta love leftovers on these nights.

Oh, I forgot! DH came in this morning and said he had the most wonderful dream that we were living in Portland and had our dream lives. He was doing a job he loved and we had this awesome house. Things were finally settled and we were home. Our whole family was so happy! When he was telling me about it he said, "You know, it wasn't at all about anything in the dream really. The best part was the FEELING I had when I was living there". It's funny, DH has done very little in term of LoA and spirituality and certainly hasn't listened to any "it's not about the _________, it's about the feeling" talks. To hear him say this was huge. I as beaming.
: :
Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 PM

I know the names are crazy!!!! Hey weren't we all jus doing a one year later post! Well, this is where we were 1 year ago!

It's almost trippy!

Devon how do you know all the mystery names?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
But I have to say, this whole dropping the oars thing is ruining one of my favorite expressions: up s*** creek without a paddle! See, cause now you're telling me that's a good thing?!?
:
Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 PM

oh, sepia, your really cracking me up.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
But I have to say, this whole dropping the oars thing is ruining one of my favorite expressions: up s*** creek without a paddle! See, cause now you're telling me that's a good thing?!?
Yes! Yes, it is a good thing! If you have not paddle while you're up s*** creek, then the current is going to carry you away from the s*** at some point, right?

I love how Abraham says they get excited when someone is diagnosed as terminal. (Sounds shocking, eh?) They say that's the point when the person finally gives up thinking they can fix whatever is wrong with them through action, and opens up to learning how they can truly get back to wellness.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 PM

Favorite smileys time!
: : laughup : : : :

take that! : and that! : and that!!! :

: : : : : and ds's all time favorite
and the ecstatic frozen : : :
and this is so darn cool! : Can I use it to summon AV? : : : : : : : :
Old 01-10-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Yes! Yes, it is a good thing! If you have not paddle while you're up s*** creek, then the current is going to carry you away from the s*** at some point, right?

I love how Abraham says they get excited when someone is diagnosed as terminal. (Sounds shocking, eh?) They say that's the point when the person finally gives up thinking they can fix whatever is wrong with them through action, and opens up to learning how they can truly get back to wellness.
So now you are telling me s*** doesn't float downstream?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 PM

I'm saying downstream has to open to a bigger place where you no longer notice the s*** floating around you.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 PM

Or maybe the sh** dissipates and becomes one with the beauty of the river.: (they don't have one hugging a river)
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 PM

dd is here!:::::: ::cop: :fireman:j ammin::::::hale::ha t:du st

(she specifically says this one is for celeste)
:::::fired evil::
:::tomat o:firedevi l
Old 01-10-2008, 10:21 PM

ds is here too.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:23 PM

Good one, Hillary.

Maybe we all just need to appreciate the s*** for what it is - a natural byproduct of being human, and something we are much better off with than without. Really, where would we be without the ability to s***?

Melanie
Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 PM

s*** - the original contrast.

Melanie
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
:

Quote:
I'm saying downstream has to open to a bigger place where you no longer notice the s*** floating around you.
laughup

Quote:
Or maybe the sh** dissipates and becomes one with the beauty of the river.: (they don't have one hugging a river)
it's an amazingly fast composting river, I suppose.

ds is asleep in bed, dh is on his way home with food, I'm hanging with all of you, interspersed with other fun things like re-listening to that Abe bit on God and reading Tracy's Capricorn New Moon article. I am not

mrs tittlemouse is a mousy from beatrix potter. We were having a phase (you should hear dh reading beatrix, he )

dd says:

Quote:

great t-shirt!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM

Having a rough day. I need you to send that vibe guy down here. I'm so stopped up and having one of those days.

Kate, I hope you're feeling better. I have done a similar thing (again) today by letting myself get talked into visiting DH's office even though I'm sick and it's hard to get around the city with a baby and a toddler. Next time I promise myself to listen to my intuition when I wake up and it says "stay home and take care of your family".

Congrats to Roan on losing his placenta!

Clark's black hair has all fallen out and is growing in RED! Crazy! I found a pic of DH's father (who died when he was a teen) and Clark looks just like him. I've always felt his presence here. I didn't used to believe in ghosts but I seriously think he is here protecting us. I woke from a dream about him once in tears it was so moving and ever since I've felt things and seen shawdows around here especially in ds1's room (and they have the same name).

What else...oh well I miss WWoW so much and I've gone through a box and a half of tissues today.

This has taught me a little about being addicted to the internet. I really enjoy having this computer and internet to connect to others around the world right here in my home when the isolation gets to me.

MCAL - There go my oars.......

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07

User Tag List