2008 Treasure Map--The Prepping For..thread - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
There is no way I'm doing it tonight. It's not even new moon until almost 9 pm pacific. Not happening
yeah, midnight here on the east coast. I'll wait until tomorrow, too.

I just got word from my accountant about my taxes :Puke Stupid self-employment taxes. Stupid clients who wanted to hire me and pay me money making my income go up. Wonderful accountant who will make sure I'm on track from now on.
#392 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 04:53 PM

I'm really itching to do something... it's good we are going out tonight, will keep me busy till tomorrow.

Can't wait...

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#393 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Today didn't go quite to plan, no time for last minute decluttering or cleaning but we did have a lovely day with my sister and nephew. I'm planning to get up and do some Yoga and meditation in the morning take a leisurely breakfast and then head out to the shops for some mags. Hopefully DH will keep the kids occupied while I so my yoga and then he is taking them out after lunch do I can spend a good few hours on my treasure map :
#394 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm feeling very successful on the decluttering. Since we are showing our house to sell, it's mostly cleared out and staged! We did put most of our stuff in storage, but I made sure to thin it out drastically and keep only what we truly loved or needed, and everything is clean and organized in storage. I feel really lucky that this process coincided with this time of year and today is my birthday too.

We do have some stuff to clear out in the garage...how much time do I have?

We are going to go out for magazines tonight IF my son gets a good nap this afternoon. Then we can work on maps tomorrow.

I need to get some supplies together and then we're ready!!!!

Happy New Moon, mamas!!!
#395 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 06:24 PM

Yeah! I finished up my decluttering today and I cleaned the house! My house looks and smells so great. I've got a truck load of stuff going to goodwill. Really makes me want to watch even more so what I buy and bring in to the house. I feel so much lighter and ready for a new beginning. This has been a great experience for me and I'm looking forward to it every year. And we haven't even started on the TMing yet! I'm on the East coast so I'm going to get my supplies and start working on my TM tomorrow. I'm so excited. I've got so many things going through my head right now. I few things I know but I'm hoping most of it will come to me tomorrow. Planning to smudge the house tomorrow, sit down with some wine and candles and meditation music and map away.

-Rachel

#396 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG I kept telling myself it was Sunday night at almost midnight (East coaster here) and I am SOOOO glad I came back on here! Whew. BUUUUT, that means all that decluttering I was going to do tomorrow, BEFORE new starts, is off track.
Tracy, can I still declutter during the start of new or should I just bag it and be glad for the decluttering I have done during the year?
#397 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 PM

my energy is SO LOW today. i have a headache that started yesterday evening, and i never get headaches...ow. i don't want to do much of anything except lay around, and my TM energy is like....non-existant. i was really excited but i feel so awful and low energy that it's feeling like it's going to be a chore!
i hope i wake up renewed tomorrow.

i didn't get much of a chance to declutter because of my class (i can barely eat or sleep or take care of ds ) but i did manage to get rid of some stuff. my house still looks like a sty. i've got "hot spots" (flylady's term) everywhere. but i've taken care of some stuff that has been laying around-- i got a new printer/scanner/fax thingy and i actually did set it up today, all but the fax part. i tend to way procrastinate about stuff like that until i can get someone else to do it for me : but i actually *did it myself* for a change.

i did megatons of laundry today cause ds wet my bed last night, including the super heavy quilt that my mom made, and it's king sized, so we had to get up and go to a laundromat for the heavy-duty washer and dryer so i've been doing laundry *all. day. long*. argh.

i am watching a friend's kid also, cause she has this moving fiasco going on-- she just showed up to pick her up. it's going to be way past ds's bedtime by the time i actually get to put him to bed. i so want to clean more, but i need to sleep early or i'll die

wish me energy tomorrow morning!

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#398 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 PM

Very excited here, too. East coaster, as wel and waiting until tomorrow to get mags and supplies.

I'm curious about the de-cluttering after the new, too. We got a lot done this week, but still a bit to go.

Even that has made a difference, though. My DH (who is also mapping this year) has been out of work for almost 6 months. He has applied for tons of jobs and to 4 different law schools and hadn't heard anything back, on either front until this week. Now there are several job possibilities and he got an acceptance letter from a school today!

Can't wait until tomorrow!!!!

treehugger.gif
#399 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 PM

West coaster but I'm waiting until tomorrow as well since all of the stores here close at 9. I don't really feel like shopping during the last few minutes before closing. I'm feeling the crunch and am trying to get the last of the decluttering done. My goal is to get the upstairs half of my house done as they are the most neglected but places where I spend them most time. I just have the master bedroom left to do so it's going not too bad.

I've also started decluttering my body. It's not an issue with extra weight, but too much yeast. DS and I are on a yeast cleanse. I'm a sugar junkie so this is a huge change and a great challenge for me.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#400 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 08:37 PM

:

afro.jpg
#401 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 PM

oh, i am sure you can do more decluttering, it's just that if you do manage it before new moon, it's much more powerful! i basically never stopped decluttering last year, and i'm sure there was a new boost of energy after each bout.

pamela-- vibes, momma! you will be infused with NEW energy tomorrow!

all my decluttering's been done for a while... planning a cleansing tonight after ds is in bed, and tomorrow is ds's bday... big family party that night, playing all day. (and me picking up something for my map somewhere along the way...)

anyone else secretly planning on checking to see how close to new moon tracy posts the new thread?

Vibes and Hugs and New Moon wishes to all!!!!!

:
#402 of 414 Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 PM

I am so darn antsy!
I know I'll still be awake at midnight so I am thinking I might end up at a 24 hr store in a few hours for supplies. What holds me back is that if I wait for morning I can go to the bookstore and have a much bigger better variety of magazines to choose from....ugh but I am not a morning person I can't decide! I want to do mine before my son comes home tomorrow afternoon. Urg.

I am impatient.
#403 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

One Hour to go.......

I am going out and having dinner with my family. I'm demanding a nice restaurant for New Moon.

When I come back I'll put up the thread.

I also need to buy a nice votive candle to begin the Moon.

I usually go for Guadalupe.

I will return. Have a beautiful Launch.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#404 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
OMG I kept telling myself it was Sunday night at almost midnight (East coaster here) and I am SOOOO glad I came back on here! Whew. BUUUUT, that means all that decluttering I was going to do tomorrow, BEFORE new starts, is off track.
Tracy, can I still declutter during the start of new or should I just bag it and be glad for the decluttering I have done during the year?

whoops ===wanted to get this in before I head out..

I'm in the same spot. I have a house with some clutter that I won't be able to clear out by new moon. I will probably tidy up and take care of some of it during new moon..but I won't dedicate my new moon to de-cluttering. I will just do it casually.

#405 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 12:36 AM

There will always be something to declutter at my home.... at least for now.. I am working on it u until the last minutes (which I guess is now!).
I am looking forward to tomorrow...my friends that I worked with last year are coming over to work on it again. I have had so many thoughts rush through my mind in the last few days about what I want my map to hold, but I have been trying to tell myself to be patient and let it all UNFOLD.
My home is feeling OPEN and I like that feeling.
Looking forward to the unfolding to happen in the next few days...

Have FUN everyone!
Kathleen

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
#406 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 01:25 AM

Tracy
I am new to Treasure Mapping and must admit feeling very hesitant after my experiences with The Secret (not terrible just disheartening).

One question can our pictures be printed from the internet? I really don't have the funds to buy any mags until at least the 15th and even then I'd have to tap in to the grocery budget, something I owuld prefer not to do.
#407 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 AM

Tribe, I remember reading earlier in the thread that pictures printed out are just fine, as long as you are finding them during the new moon
#408 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 02:36 AM

Hi Tracy, I've been following this thread avidly, and surprise! I have a question!

Last year I cut out the pictures for my TM but lost motivation and never displayed them, they have stayed in a baggie at the bottom of my sewing basket for a year. I just pulled them out (past midnight) and some of the images still appeal to me, not all of them by any means but some of the ones pertaining to my finances/home/career sections. I'm not planning on working on my TM until later today but if they still are appealing to me then can I reuse them?
#409 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma earthical View Post
Hi Tracy, I've been following this thread avidly, and surprise! I have a question!

Last year I cut out the pictures for my TM but lost motivation and never displayed them, they have stayed in a baggie at the bottom of my sewing basket for a year. I just pulled them out (past midnight) and some of the images still appeal to me, not all of them by any means but some of the ones pertaining to my finances/home/career sections. I'm not planning on working on my TM until later today but if they still are appealing to me then can I reuse them?
If they still appeal to you than go for it.

#410 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajessica View Post
Tribe, I remember reading earlier in the thread that pictures printed out are just fine, as long as you are finding them during the new moon

#411 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 AM

i'm using he feng-shui baugas for organization but i am confused by ceratin areas.

fame and reputation??? care to elaborate? (this isn't where i wish for a higher post count i'm sure )

also for the work area....i'm really happy with work and just kinsd of want everything to sta ythe same. do i still use that area?

oh and when is time up for the actual mapping?

i'm sure i'll come up w/ more as we go along....

tracy and s
#412 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyaellen View Post
i'm using he feng-shui baugas for organization but i am confused by ceratin areas.

fame and reputation??? care to elaborate? (this isn't where i wish for a higher post count i'm sure )

also for the work area....i'm really happy with work and just kinsd of want everything to sta ythe same. do i still use that area?

oh and when is time up for the actual mapping?

i'm sure i'll come up w/ more as we go along....

tracy and s

check the new Official thread..see if that helps answer your questions.

also check out Goodcents' post

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=377

#413 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Fame is how you are received or perceived in the outside world. Beyond your home and family.

#414 of 414 Old 04-06-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajessica View Post
excellent! that will make it so much easier. Ill have to sleep/dream on what I want on my map

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page