dude, let the map lead the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 414 Old 02-23-2008, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing!

I made a map last year for the first time and so much of it has come into fruition. Some of has not, but I think that's because the universe has handed me bigger and better things I didn't realize I wanted or needed this much when I was mapping last year. And hey, we still got time right?
#93 of 414 Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
so I've just done it with everyone else hoping it's an astrology thing moreso than a seasonal one
hi you! yep. astrology thing.
#94 of 414 Old 02-24-2008, 10:27 PM

ACK I'm being stalked Thanks for that

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#95 of 414 Old 02-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Subbing I didn't do a map last year but I definitely want to this year!

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#96 of 414 Old 02-25-2008, 02:01 PM

I have a question. This is my first time treasure mapping. How do you pick out which magazines to use? Do you pick magazines that appeal to your tastes? How many do you usually get? I plan to buy them the morning of the 5th and then put together my map that day. Thanks so much!
Wendi
#97 of 414 Old 02-25-2008, 03:11 PM

is it important to pick the magazines that day? I have a box of old magazines, does that mean I can't use them?

i did it last year but I forgot.

Whatever will be, already is...

#98 of 414 Old 02-25-2008, 04:03 PM

IIRC, Tracy has said in the past that if there's ANYway at all that you can use new magazines, do so... that if you absolutely HAVE to use old ones, it's OK, but not the best. I hope I paraphrased that correctly, I am sure Tracy will clarify when she sees the questions

I am planning to go away to the mountains for the ENTIRE NEW MOON in April. I'm renting a cabin with hiking trails right outside the door, no TV, no phone, no internet. I can hike as much or as little as I want, then spend as much time focussing on my map and the new year YAY!!

I was doing really well at decluttering and simplifying until the holidays and it all fell apart LOL. I will try to complete a couple of more projects before April, but if I don't get to it, I don't and I'm not going to stress out about it.

So much of my map has come to fruition this year... amazing. I think I'm going to try and have my youth group at church do treasure maps this year as well. I will have to get my trusty assistant to do that class as I'll be in the mountains!

I'm so excited this year! The first year's map was really a learning process. Last years map has been truly powerful... so I'm hoping I get some synergy going!
#99 of 414 Old 02-26-2008, 02:46 PM

I've marked April 5 on my calendar! I never got around to doing a treasure map last year, this year I won't let that happen again!
#100 of 414 Old 02-26-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyaellen View Post
dude, let the map lead the way
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
ACK I'm being stalked
heh-heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
I am planning to go away to the mountains for the ENTIRE NEW MOON in April. I'm renting a cabin with hiking trails right outside the door, no TV, no phone, no internet. I can hike as much or as little as I want, then spend as much time focussing on my map and the new year YAY!!
ohhh, sounds lovely!!!

the 6th is ds's 2nd birthday! the in laws will be in town. not really the energy i want around me at that time... :
#101 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sorry, guys that I kind of got lost IRL and didn't housekeep on this thread like I normally do...

but I know we can get questions like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogberry View Post
Tracy~ could you kindly post the details from the process, or even a link to last years thread? I'm trying to recall to share with a friend and am having a hard time remembering the complete grid layout. Certain spots, though (home and love!) I can't forget! I am looking so forward to this, and am busily preparing for it... thank you!!

and if you go here, I think you will find the answers:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=treasure

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#102 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlewomyn View Post
I have some decluttering/purging questions but I think we aren't supposed to talk too much about our map prior to the day, right?
Some stuff that is causing some clutter in my house is stuff that will be needed if something I am asking for in the new year comes to fruition. How do I deal with that clutter? I can't toss it because I am hoping to need it, perhaps organize it and move it to a new space in the house where it will be needed?

hmmm? this is kind of a tricky question.

I can tell you somethign from my personal experience. I had several Treasure Maps where I put affirmations and photos of bodies in great shape. And that was NOT something that came to fruition for several years. But then in 2006 I put it up on my map and I can't remember the exact wordings I used for my affirmation but I had somethign about my body. Well, 3 months later around the end of Cancer Lunar cycle, I purged my closet. And I got rid of ALL my thinner clothes. I mean there were tons. The clothes I would wear when I got thin again. These were clothes that I had such sweet memories. There was the outfit I wore the day after I got married. There was the dress I wore on my honeymoon. There was so many lovely clothes. I got rid of all of them because I thought to myself. "when I lose weight, I am starting fresh." I gave all the clothes to my housecleaner who took them to Mexico and central america.
within 45 days I began a diet. It took me nearly a year but I lost 47 pounds.
I am now in maintence on my diet. at my current weight I am 41 pounds less than the day I gave those clothes to my housecleaner.

so, for me, I kind of lean to getting rid of stuff and letting the universe provide...but of course every situation is different and I could see where there would be a case for keeping something. but weigh it out.

#103 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansmum View Post
I'm subbing - I read about it last year and forgot to get on board when the time came.

A question though...I'm in the Southern hemisphere, so going into autumn - how important is Spring in this, or is it the planet alignment which is the driver?

April will always be Aries. It might be the season of Fall in Southern Hemisphere but it is still Aries. So, go for it this April!

#104 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
I go slow. If there is anything that I definately know I want gone- it goes. If there is stuff that I need to go through or sort or I'm unsure of, I get to it as I have time so I don't overwhelm myself.

HTH

#105 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ok, here's a TM story for you... i'd love to hear anyone's thoughts.....

my TM is in a frame, hanging in our room. i was dusting it the other day, and one of the hooks came out of the wall. i shoved the hook back on the wall, and tried to put it back up, but then the hanger came out of the frame.

to me this was a clear-- i'm done, i need to not be hanging up anymore. maybe (just thinking of this now!) my TM wants me to clean up that old energy? I have very little else to purge, as we got rid of seriously about 80-90% of our posessions last year (not to mention a ton of emotional baggage )..... and most of my TM came true beyond my wildest expectations. i joked to dh "the only thing that might still happen would be if we took a trip to the mountains or to the beach...." he said we very well might, over his spring break (which is a couple weeks before the new TM happens).....

thoughts? should i hang it back up? or let it lead the way.....?????
I would probably Not hang it up. Just lean it against a wall somewhere on your desk or something. Not in a place of prominence but a place where you can see it. kind of like that place where you would put a photo of a friend from college.

#106 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
I have a question. This is my first time treasure mapping. How do you pick out which magazines to use? Do you pick magazines that appeal to your tastes? How many do you usually get? I plan to buy them the morning of the 5th and then put together my map that day. Thanks so much!
Wendi

You can get as many as you want. it could be 1, it could be 20. Whatever you feel compelled to get.

the only rule is DO NOT BUY THOSE MAGAZINES BEFORE APRIL'S NEW MOON. And when I say before.. I mean not even one minute before. The energy will be completely different after new moon begins.

And even if you are thinking, "oh, I am going to get Bon Appetite Magazine and I'm going to get Metropolitan Home." ...whatever you think now will not necessarily be what you do on New Moon. The energy of now.. is so now. It is not the Treasure Map energy. You may go up to the newstand that day and buy US and People... and totally shock yourself. Just the way it is.

#107 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
is it important to pick the magazines that day? I have a box of old magazines, does that mean I can't use them?

i did it last year but I forgot.
we go over this topic every year. I am of the opinion that New Magazines are best. But that is me. I don't like Old energy on my Treasure Map moon. But if money is really tight..then at the very least buy 1 or 2 new magazines and look at them first. If they don't ring your bells, then go through the old ones.

and by the way.. You do not even have to use magazines. You could download images from the internet. Just don't do them before Treasure Map New Moon.

#108 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 AM

Subbing. Thanks for the reminder to clean the house, too.

I'll post about it later - I did a Treasure Map last year and even though it's tucked away a little bit I'm thinking that there is quite a bit off there I did get.
#109 of 414 Old 02-29-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
You do not even have to use magazines. You could download images from the internet. Just don't do them before Treasure Map New Moon.
: last year i went that morning with ds to the local public gardens and took photos.... i did use some from the internet too (printed them all out at target)... mine was a super powerful map!

Quote:
the only rule is DO NOT BUY THOSE MAGAZINES BEFORE APRIL'S NEW MOON. And when I say before.. I mean not even one minute before.
speaking of.... what IS that exact minute? i was looking to see if i could find it online, but i couldnt.......

Quote:
I would probably Not hang it up. Just lean it against a wall somewhere on your desk or something. Not in a place of prominence but a place where you can see it. kind of like that place where you would put a photo of a friend from college.
thanks!
#110 of 414 Old 03-01-2008, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Subbing... new to the treasure map idea but very interested. I was last year too but forgot about it until the fall. The one thing that I planned on mapping and visualized DID come true. That was DH proposing and then shortly after we did get married.

OFF to declutter!

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#111 of 414 Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Getting so excited about the treasure mapping!!

Did some serious closet decluttering this weekend. Any thoughts on ebay versus Goodwill?
#112 of 414 Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 PM

subbing! i love this idea.

however,

i am in flux! we've sold our house and leave our rented one tomorrow. i will be house & pet sitting for the next 6 weeks while we try to figure out where we'll live. in the meantime, everything that's ours is in storage and cannot possibly be accessed at this time.

so the declutter thing? if i just declutter my suitcases, does it count?

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#113 of 414 Old 03-01-2008, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama View Post
subbing! i love this idea.

however,

i am in flux! we've sold our house and leave our rented one tomorrow. i will be house & pet sitting for the next 6 weeks while we try to figure out where we'll live. in the meantime, everything that's ours is in storage and cannot possibly be accessed at this time.

so the declutter thing? if i just declutter my suitcases, does it count?
of course.

#114 of 414 Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 PM

Hey Tracy...do you know the exact time on 4/5? Thanks
#115 of 414 Old 03-02-2008, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMG I forgot all about my board....Is this why I was wondering what major shift seemed to happen in the last 24-72 hours?
#116 of 414 Old 03-02-2008, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Subbing because I know nothing about Treasure Mapping and I'd like to try one.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#117 of 414 Old 03-02-2008, 10:16 PM

ya know? I think part of last year's map is coming to fruition right now actually 2 things that I had given up on are now in the works (well, I had not completely given up)

I am continuing to declutter and am going to be ready for this year's map.

question, what do you do with the old maps? I don't like to keep too many things around, I am a fierce de-clutterer.

Whatever will be, already is...

#118 of 414 Old 03-02-2008, 10:22 PM

Dusting off my existing TM and reading this thread in preparation for the next.

All but 2 things have manifested on my map this year. One I'm sure will happen before April, the other, I'm not sure I'm interested in anymore.

I am reading this thread though, and others re: TMaps b/c I'm writing an article about Treasure Mapping right now and am looking for inspiring, real-life stories.

I may be pm'ing you.
#119 of 414 Old 03-03-2008, 02:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
PLease correct me if I am wrong. I'm a newbie when it comes to anything astrology related. But I wanted to find out the exact time of the New Moon.

New Moon on 5 April 2008 at 8:56 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#120 of 414 Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 AM

So so very excited....so much movement on my treasure map - movement that didn't begin until the last few months. I am inspired!

Off to declutter..... : :

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies

User Tag List