2008 Treasure Map--The Prepping For..thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 414 Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Add me to the chorus of those thanking you, Tracy...this will be my third map and I feel like its going to be the best one yet...

a quick question though....maybe I've missed it... I see it starts on the 5th april, but how long do we get to put it all together????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 414 Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 AM

We just realized we're going to be on vacation in DisneyWorld the WHOLE treasure mapping time! How did we arrange that!? This will make it a bit harder for us to make our maps, but it's kind of exciting, too. What a great place to usher in the new year! I had hoped to print off internet images to use, but I think that's a no-go this year. I'm going to have to find out where I can buy magazines and scissors in DisneyWorld!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#123 of 414 Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 AM

Oh NOES!! Tracy!! HELP!!

I made arrangements to go up to the mountains for the new moon (april 5,6,7) but I mis-read the time when I made the reservations to say that it started at 11pm edt on FRIDAY not SATURDAY!

The cabin I'm going to has no internet, no phone, no TV, NADA. There is a small store there, but I'm not sure if they sell any magazines. Do I need to drive down the mountain to the store on Sunday morning to get the supplies or is it possible to do this fabulously with magazines/supplies purchased on Saturday?

I'd really like to do this as "right" as possible and if that means driving down the mountain, I'll drive down the mountain But if I don't HAVE to, then I won't
#124 of 414 Old 03-04-2008, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
thanks!

heh-heh.
Not you TOO! :nana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
within 45 days I began a diet. It took me nearly a year but I lost 47 pounds.
I am now in maintence on my diet. at my current weight I am 41 pounds less than the day I gave those clothes to my housecleaner.
Wow Tracy that's amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
April will always be Aries. It might be the season of Fall in Southern Hemisphere but it is still Aries. So, go for it this April!
Thanks for clearing that up Tracy! Looking forward to April 5!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#125 of 414 Old 03-04-2008, 06:41 PM

i have never heard of this before, just finished skimming the whole thread and reading the op of last year's thread, after reading about it on the decluttering board. i'm really excited about this idea, and while it will be hard to wait until the aries new moon to start, i have plenty of decluttering to do between now and then! (i've been working on it for a long time but there is sooooo much.)

my trouble is this. i'm travelling the day of the new moon. it hits that night, at something like 8:56 p.m., which will feel like 10pm to me because of the different time zone. my question is, do i need to start as soon as the new moon hits, or can i wait until morning? would getting supplies constitute "starting"?
#126 of 414 Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledutch View Post
i have never heard of this before, just finished skimming the whole thread and reading the op of last year's thread, after reading about it on the decluttering board. i'm really excited about this idea, and while it will be hard to wait until the aries new moon to start, i have plenty of decluttering to do between now and then! (i've been working on it for a long time but there is sooooo much.)

my trouble is this. i'm travelling the day of the new moon. it hits that night, at something like 8:56 p.m., which will feel like 10pm to me because of the different time zone. my question is, do i need to start as soon as the new moon hits, or can i wait until morning? would getting supplies constitute "starting"?
I actually know the answer to this one! Getting supplies counts, and you don't actually have to even do that right away. Just do your map sometime during that time frame...

And BTW everyone, when exactly is that timeframe this year? April 5 is the only thing I know. What time and until what date and time? Thanks!
#127 of 414 Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
PLease correct me if I am wrong. I'm a newbie when it comes to anything astrology related. But I wanted to find out the exact time of the New Moon.

New Moon on 5 April 2008 at 8:56 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php
when does it end? many many many of us ask this every year, and these threads get long, so it doesn't really hurt to have it posted sproadically throughout, I don't think. It will save at least someone from having to post the question, right?
#128 of 414 Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM

ooooh, crumbs!!! (i know the answer, but.... is it reallly realllly bad to go get stuff that *morning*? )

last year, i feel like tracy said we had something like a week, but based on the energy, she kept saying "ok, it's still ok, do it!"...... so i'm guessing the "end time" is somewhat fluid.......... last year i get the sense we "got" more time than usual.
#129 of 414 Old 03-06-2008, 06:24 AM

Subbing! Thanks Tracy!
#130 of 414 Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 AM

Last year we had like 3 days to complete the maps. I can't remember why - does anyone else?

The new moon waxes crescent on the 6th so that's not the reason. ... is it?

Or does the mapping period end when the moon turns first quarter?
#131 of 414 Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Found this post by Tracy last year re: Treasure Maps.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=148

You'll have to change the new moon info. obviously, but there are great FAQs there.

Thanks Tracy!
#132 of 414 Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplesugar View Post
I am going to do a treasure map this year. The new moon cycle is right around dd's second birthday!

I did one last year, but I have to say, none of it has really come to fruition. I wonder why? Did I set my goals too high? My map really focused on my desire to move. Sadly we are still here. I was so exited because after I did my map, dh randomly affirmed that, yes it was time to move. I had not even said anything to him. I thought, "wow, this treasure map stuff really works!"

Then it all fizzled out and like I said, we are still here in a town I hate, in a state I want to leave. We both want to leave. Any suggestions?
I have to say that about a week after I wrote this things once again began to look up for leaving state, and now it is going to happen for sure. In fact I will be flying out probably the day of the new moon! How cool is that?

I think maybe flying out that day is auspicious because the main gist of my last map was all about moving....yay!
#133 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
speaking of.... what IS that exact minute? i was looking to see if i could find it online, but i couldnt.......
Saturday April 5th 8:54pm PDT. (USA)

the new moon will last until Wednesday April 9 2:22am PDT.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#134 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The new moon will last until Wednesday April 9 2:22am. PDT.
You can begin working on your map anytime between between the 5th after 8:58pm (PDT) and the 9th 2:22am (PDT).

#135 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom View Post
Getting so excited about the treasure mapping!!

Did some serious closet decluttering this weekend. Any thoughts on ebay versus Goodwill?
no thoughts. Whatever works for you is fine.

#136 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post
ya know? I think part of last year's map is coming to fruition right now actually 2 things that I had given up on are now in the works (well, I had not completely given up)

I am continuing to declutter and am going to be ready for this year's map.

question, what do you do with the old maps? I don't like to keep too many things around, I am a fierce de-clutterer.

I don't have a hard fast rule about this one. My friends and I saved our old maps for many years. Then one year I just felt I needed to get rid of them but I didn't feel right throwing them out. So, what I did was cut out some pieces of the old maps and hang on to those sections. Of course back then there was no such thing as digital cameras and I suppose I could have taken some nice photos and hung on to them that way. HOnestly, it is what your heart dictates.

#137 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
I have a question. This is my first time treasure mapping. How do you pick out which magazines to use? Do you pick magazines that appeal to your tastes? How many do you usually get? I plan to buy them the morning of the 5th and then put together my map that day. Thanks so much!
Wendi

First of all, you get your magazines after new moon begins so that means you will have to do it after April 5 8:54pm.... which tells me if you like to go to magazine stands in the morning than you will need to do it on Sunday April 6th.

Do not get your magazines on the morning of the 5th. That is the last of balsamic moon and not new.

now when it comes to your magazine choices. It is whatever sings to you. And there is no hard fast rule about how many to get. Some of you will get a ton. Some of you will get one. And some of you will not get any, but instead will find images from other sources. (Internet). And of course many of you will simply draw and paint and do what calls you. I will try and find some links to last year's maps and put them here.

#138 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
PLease correct me if I am wrong. I'm a newbie when it comes to anything astrology related. But I wanted to find out the exact time of the New Moon.

New Moon on 5 April 2008 at 8:56 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php
yes.

And you guys may like to have this page in your files.

I have it as my home page.

http://www.zodiacarts.com/Calendar.shtml

#139 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplesugar View Post
I have to say that about a week after I wrote this things once again began to look up for leaving state, and now it is going to happen for sure. In fact I will be flying out probably the day of the new moon! How cool is that?

I think maybe flying out that day is auspicious because the main gist of my last map was all about moving....yay!
sounds good. And remember you have between the 5th 8:54pm (PDT) and the 9th (2:22am) to make your map.

#140 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyconmomma View Post
when does it end? many many many of us ask this every year, and these threads get long, so it doesn't really hurt to have it posted sproadically throughout, I don't think. It will save at least someone from having to post the question, right?
March 5 8:54pm until April 9 2:22am PDT.

I will go back to the OP and put in the times. When I put up this thread it was just a general heads up thread..but I can see that the tribe is beating the drum so let me go back and put in a bit more detail.

Remember I will put up the official thread on Aries new moon. This is just the pre thread.

#141 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Last year we had like 3 days to complete the maps. I can't remember why - does anyone else?

The new moon waxes crescent on the 6th so that's not the reason. ... is it?

Or does the mapping period end when the moon turns first quarter?
all the phases of the moon last about 3 days.

the phases are the following:

New
Crescent
First Quarter
Gibbous
Full
Disseminating
Fourth Quarter
Balsamic

#142 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
We just realized we're going to be on vacation in DisneyWorld the WHOLE treasure mapping time! How did we arrange that!? This will make it a bit harder for us to make our maps, but it's kind of exciting, too. What a great place to usher in the new year! I had hoped to print off internet images to use, but I think that's a no-go this year. I'm going to have to find out where I can buy magazines and scissors in DisneyWorld!

Well, that will certainly be an interesting moon. I'm sure every Disneyhotel has magazines. And I bet the scissors you get have tinkerbell on them. kind of sweet when you think about it.

and remember if you can't finish the map, at the very, very least and this applies to anyone traveling and finding themselves in a tough spot. Do this... cut out the images during the new phase (see above for those dates). PUt those images in a ziplock bag and when you get home you can paste it to your board.

#143 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Oh NOES!! Tracy!! HELP!!

I made arrangements to go up to the mountains for the new moon (april 5,6,7) but I mis-read the time when I made the reservations to say that it started at 11pm edt on FRIDAY not SATURDAY!

The cabin I'm going to has no internet, no phone, no TV, NADA. There is a small store there, but I'm not sure if they sell any magazines. Do I need to drive down the mountain to the store on Sunday morning to get the supplies or is it possible to do this fabulously with magazines/supplies purchased on Saturday?

I'd really like to do this as "right" as possible and if that means driving down the mountain, I'll drive down the mountain But if I don't HAVE to, then I won't

God, I'm sorry...but drive down the mountain on sunday. or of course you can take photos from your vacation location and just write words that get the meaning. for example, "MY LIFE HAS AN INFININTE SOURCE OF ABUNDANCE" and perhaps take a photo of a stream.

or similiarily.

#144 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Wait until Sunday to start. To be perfectly honest a person could wait until tuesday to start...as long as they are done by April 9th 2:22am (PDT).

#145 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ooooh, crumbs!!! (i know the answer, but.... is it reallly realllly bad to go get stuff that *morning*? )

last year, i feel like tracy said we had something like a week, but based on the energy, she kept saying "ok, it's still ok, do it!"...... so i'm guessing the "end time" is somewhat fluid.......... last year i get the sense we "got" more time than usual.

Yes, last year was a strange one. I can't remember but someone here, probably Zannalyn (other astrologer) and I were commenting on how the hard fast rule of being done within the New just wasn't working for everyone. I had one girlfriend that had a dickens of a hard time. I am not sure why now.. I can't remember. I think and this is a stretch for me..but I think we thought it might have had to do with 2007 was a 9 year. I"m not a numerologist by the way.. but 9's are completion year and I think in some way it made it hard for people to finalize their dreams in a completion year. I do know that my one friend who had such a hard time finishing her map..HATES and I mean HATES when doors close. I am a person who sort of relishes them, because I know when one door closes and new door opens..but anyway, last year there were a lot of people having problems getting them done in time.

I gotta say, I don't think that will be a problem this year. 2008 is a 1 year. A beginning year. Sounds good to me.

#146 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Okay. I think I have answered all the questions. YOu guys really know how to run a gal ragged.

now here is what I encourage you guys to do.

Before we get to Aries New Moon next month...we have one more new moon to experience. Pisces new Moon. I encourage all of you to read about the moon.

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php#copy

remember everything lines up for a reason. WE have to have Pisces in order to get Aries. There is a rhythm to everything.

#147 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 02:10 PM

Subbing...
#148 of 414 Old 03-07-2008, 03:13 PM

:

Mama to three - DD : 1/03, DS 2/06, and DS 6/09.
#149 of 414 Old 03-08-2008, 04:06 PM

subbing. 2007 Treasure Map was VERY sucessful for me!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#150 of 414 Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 AM

Tracy, will you please link to the article on the margaret wendt site re: treasure mapping. I can't find it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page