2008 Treasure Map--The Prepping For..thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 414 Old 03-16-2008, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Some people know how to ride waves like professional surfers. And some people just never get out of the white froth and get pounded back on shore. Be a surfer. Keep decluttering.
I love this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 414 Old 03-16-2008, 10:36 PM

I keep looking at my map and am so thankful for how it has played out. I'm also amazed at some pictures I put on to get at a feeling manifested so literally, and not exactly how I meant. I will be more specific this year.

Thank you Tracy! This really has been life-changing for me in how I view things.

Huge accomplishments today. I'm decluttering my decluttered space and today we all worked together and rearranged rooms and picked pieces of furniture to let go. I love the new space. It really felt like stirring up energy and breathing fresh life into it. Not a penny spent and it looks and feels so much more like "home."

I took vacation this week and will spend it at home focusing on painting and putting lots of color into our walls. And the whole family is on board which feels great.
#183 of 414 Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Subbing. :

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#184 of 414 Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 PM

can someone please explain to me, or provide me a link, so that I can learn what this treasure map thing is about?

Thank you!
#185 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
can someone please explain to me, or provide me a link, so that I can learn what this treasure map thing is about?

Thank you!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...light=treasure

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#186 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 10:57 AM

Is anyone planning to have a treasure mapping get together? Have you done it before?

I would love to have one this year, so what day would be best? The first day to do cutting and chatting together or the last day to glue together?

#187 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 03:01 PM

Subbing! I'm planning to do a treasure mapping get together at my UU church. Trying to pick the best day though.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#188 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 03:44 PM

We've been making dream boards for quite a while now. Tho we don't have any guidlines or timelines, they are very similiar to a Treasure Map. I sent the info to my hubby to see what he thinks.
#189 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 03:49 PM

subbing

"Hey, I've got nothin' to do today but smile." - S & G
#190 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post
Is anyone planning to have a treasure mapping get together? Have you done it before?

I would love to have one this year, so what day would be best? The first day to do cutting and chatting together or the last day to glue together?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
Subbing! I'm planning to do a treasure mapping get together at my UU church. Trying to pick the best day though.
Somebody asked that we lead a workshop of sorts for the TM at our UU and I've been thinking it over, WHEN was definitely a question for me, too.
#191 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Sunday 6th.

It is close to the beginning of the New Moon.

that's when I'm gathering with my two friends.

#192 of 414 Old 03-18-2008, 09:53 PM

Why is the treasure mapping at the time it's at? Couldn't it be done at any new moon?

#193 of 414 Old 03-19-2008, 03:40 AM

Subbin'
#194 of 414 Old 03-19-2008, 11:32 AM

I'm wondering if other Abraham-Hicks people are following this thread, and considering how this year's Treasure Map experience might be ... different. From that particular LOA perspective, we're ALWAYS asking the Universe for what we want, unavoidably, so putting together a treasure map is a little beside the point, I think.

Still, it's LOTS of fun to have a visual representation of whatever I'm asking for in the moment of the Aries New Moon, to be reminded of it time and again, and to check against that representation at the end of the year to see how much the Universe and I have manifested together! And I think the FUN may be key, at least in A-H concepts: having fun putting it together, thinking about the fun every time you look at it ... all good stuff.

This year, I'm inviting a handful of close friends to do treasure maps with me on Sunday the 6th, and I, along with another A-H person, will really focus the group on our easy, positive expectations for these things coming to pass, rather than our doubt or even our longing/wanting for them to happen. We'll focus on laughter and silliness and enjoyment. We'll make it a party, out of which a treasure map will probably come out, rather than a Science Project (one of my old friends used to say I could make a Science Project out of all sorts of things that were just supposed to be playful and fun).

Don't get me wrong: I still think Treasure Mapping is one of the highlights of my springtime and maybe even my whole year. I'm just going into it this year with a little different perspective, one that I think will make it even more successful and certainly lots and lots of fun!
#195 of 414 Old 03-19-2008, 01:24 PM

woo!

my decluttering is going great. i unloaded tons this weekend, including some things i was hanging onto for "guilt" reasons (gifts, belonged to my grandma, etc) which i wasn't enjoying. i feel so much better, even though i have a lot more work to do.
#196 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post
Why is the treasure mapping at the time it's at? Couldn't it be done at any new moon?

Treasure Mapping is tied to the Aries New Moon. Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and is the sign of beginnings. I think a lot of people make vision boards all year long and I"m sure many make them in January..and perhaps they generate success. But when you build a Treasure Map board on Aries New Moon it has way more punch. It is really like surfer. See my earlier note on that...might as well ride the moon with the biggest wave!

#197 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster View Post
I'm wondering if other Abraham-Hicks people are following this thread, and considering how this year's Treasure Map experience might be ... different. From that particular LOA perspective, we're ALWAYS asking the Universe for what we want, unavoidably, so putting together a treasure map is a little beside the point, I think.

Still, it's LOTS of fun to have a visual representation of whatever I'm asking for in the moment of the Aries New Moon, to be reminded of it time and again, and to check against that representation at the end of the year to see how much the Universe and I have manifested together! And I think the FUN may be key, at least in A-H concepts: having fun putting it together, thinking about the fun every time you look at it ... all good stuff.

This year, I'm inviting a handful of close friends to do treasure maps with me on Sunday the 6th, and I, along with another A-H person, will really focus the group on our easy, positive expectations for these things coming to pass, rather than our doubt or even our longing/wanting for them to happen. We'll focus on laughter and silliness and enjoyment. We'll make it a party, out of which a treasure map will probably come out, rather than a Science Project (one of my old friends used to say I could make a Science Project out of all sorts of things that were just supposed to be playful and fun).

Don't get me wrong: I still think Treasure Mapping is one of the highlights of my springtime and maybe even my whole year. I'm just going into it this year with a little different perspective, one that I think will make it even more successful and certainly lots and lots of fun!
You know, Lucimomster I am a supporter of A-H, I have listened to many CD's. And I don't think Treasure Mapping is at all counter to A-H. I think for me that at the time of Treasure Mapping the window is broader and more open and more receptive. But still in synch. if that makes sense.

#198 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 03:58 AM

So I'm on board this year again.

Last year was my first year and, following Tracy's advice, I put on the board what "spoke" to me, regardless of whether I wanted it on there or understood why it was going on there.

I put up two pictures that very clearly indicated a baby. I found out later that I was a few days (unexpectedly, but happily) pregnant at the time I made the board.

So this year I'll be watching what goes on there veeeeery closely.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#199 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I don't think Treasure Mapping is at all counter to A-H. I think for me that at the time of Treasure Mapping the window is broader and more open and more receptive. But still in synch. if that makes sense.

No, I don't mean to say that it's *counter* to A-H at all, Tracy. I'm just really conscious right now of working on my attitude and emotions, and how that plays a major part in how and what is manifested for/by me. It's more of an enhancement to the Treasure Map process that I'm suggesting, rather than a replacement of it! Does that make sense to you?

Anyone else got any insights related to A-H?
#200 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 02:06 PM

Love the idea of getting together with friends to do this - could we all bring old magazines to share with everyone? They'd be new to everyone else, right? Or do we have to BUY new magazines? Also, is it ok to use catalogs too?
#201 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
Somebody asked that we lead a workshop of sorts for the TM at our UU and I've been thinking it over, WHEN was definitely a question for me, too.
I checked with out church room organizer and we were able to secure a nice big room on the 6th which has a play area for kids too so it's a go! I sent out an e-mail to a bunch of people that go to the church that I know just giving them a head's up and I've had a ton of positive feedback, everyone very excited about it so I really looking forward to it!

#202 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertana View Post
Love the idea of getting together with friends to do this - could we all bring old magazines to share with everyone? They'd be new to everyone else, right?
I don't know if it's the "proper" way to do it or not but that's what we are doing it - no way do I want to encourage people to go buy a bunch of new magazines when we could recycle instead.

#203 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I'm back. A little late, but here I am.

Tracy, you talked a little bit about how weird last year was - I was one of the ones who couldn't get finished in time, it was just off. The completion year thing is interesting! There was also something about planets you brought up last year, but I can't remember either.

Looking forward to this year - we are doing a big decluttering/cleaning/prettying-up push before April, which is our big birthday month around here (DH on the 3rd, anniversary on the 19th, DD on the 28th).

Whew.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#204 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
... considering how this year's Treasure Map experience might be ... different. ... so putting together a treasure map is a little beside the point, I think.
i dont consider myself an a-h person specifically, but i am way into manifesting my life in my terms... is there something specific a-h says about this year specifically? or do you just mean LOA is a continual project/way of life?

Quote:
I think for me that at the time of Treasure Mapping the window is broader and more open and more receptive.
i think for everyone it's probably different, but i know i've been really able to... hone/harness/refine/etc my own loa/manifesting skills--- not to mention honesty and self-awareness-- both thru tm and also reading tracy's wonderful monthly articles. for me, alligning myself with that astrological... flow... has really been a powerful tool!

Quote:
I'm just really conscious right now of working on my attitude and emotions, and how that plays a major part in how and what is manifested for/by me.
my tm last year was very much centered on self-healing. it was very much about emotions and attitude. thats a big part of why i also find eft/tapping to be so beneficial in the context of both loa & tm.

#205 of 414 Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKitty View Post
I don't know if it's the "proper" way to do it or not but that's what we are doing it - no way do I want to encourage people to go buy a bunch of new magazines when we could recycle instead.
would you be willing to encourage them to buy 1 magazine. If everyone bought 1 and brought their old others..you will at least have several new energies in the mix.

#206 of 414 Old 03-21-2008, 06:20 AM

I am so excited to be doing this, it makes so much sense to me. This will be my first year doing this, and i have a couple of questions. I wanted to do up a birthing board as a focal point for my baby's birth in may, do you think it would be possible to incorporate this into my treasure map? Maybe make up a separate board just relating to this? And my other question is what to do about art supplies, i mean things like paint, pastels, pencils etc, i think people know how expensive these can be, and i already have a lot of good quality supplies, and there is no way i could afford to purchase new ones. Is it possible to use these? could i preform a purification ritual before using them to cleanse them of negative energy?

Thank you.
#207 of 414 Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

I received a question ---

"I have a question for you. Photos from magazines have never felt like a real fit for me and this year I definitely don't feel it. I'm a word person and have considered writing a TM, but it seems like it is by essence a visual thing. What do you suggest?"

Well after 12 years I can promise you my maps and my friend's maps have taken all different types of styles and shapes. But certainly there are some years which are more about affirmations and words. I can tell you that one year my one friend had very, very, little photos. It was covered in sentances. Some she cut out of magazines and some she just typed up herself. I usually do both.

The point of the Treasure Map is to SEE something. Aries rules sight. So, if it is photos or words..or affirmations or both, the point is you will see it. So, yes, it is a visual thing..but it can be words that you see. Just make sure you put it up on a board.

#208 of 414 Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
I am so excited to be doing this, it makes so much sense to me. This will be my first year doing this, and i have a couple of questions. I wanted to do up a birthing board as a focal point for my baby's birth in may, do you think it would be possible to incorporate this into my treasure map? Maybe make up a separate board just relating to this? And my other question is what to do about art supplies, i mean things like paint, pastels, pencils etc, i think people know how expensive these can be, and i already have a lot of good quality supplies, and there is no way i could afford to purchase new ones. Is it possible to use these? could i preform a purification ritual before using them to cleanse them of negative energy?

Thank you.

You can use your old supplies. Maybe treat yourself to a new brush.

A few people have already mentioned that they will be doing seperate boards. Although I do not see why you can't put it on one board...after all, you have a whole year of stuff..and birth is in the beginning (May) right?

Maybe someone here can show a link to their board from previous years where they have addressed birth and the rest of their life on one board?

#209 of 414 Old 03-21-2008, 01:16 PM

I did photos and words. I did some words that I'd cut out, but the most meaningful ones were the affirmations that I'd written myself, after thought, and printed out in pretty font, for each bagua of my map. Some of them were completely untrue at the time, but I really wanted them to be true - and they are now.
#210 of 414 Old 03-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Thankyou Tracy, your answers are musch appreciated

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page