Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 455 Old 04-13-2008, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
I've added a couple of things to my map yesterday, and I was curious if others update it through the year?

Thanks.
I've wondered the same thing. There are specific things I want to add after staring at it so much already. But, it felt so final when I first finished it. First of all, one of my affirmations isn't stated plainly enough. I don't think my brain really hears it. Second, I want to add dollar signs into my career bagua because I want to start connecting my work with making money. I'm sure that sounds weird without an explanation. I do get paid for my job. But, that's not what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 455 Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
I've wondered the same thing. There are specific things I want to add after staring at it so much already. But, it felt so final when I first finished it. First of all, one of my affirmations isn't stated plainly enough. I don't think my brain really hears it. Second, I want to add dollar signs into my career bagua because I want to start connecting my work with making money. I'm sure that sounds weird without an explanation. I do get paid for my job. But, that's not what I mean.
whatever you meant - I understood it

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#303 of 455 Old 04-13-2008, 08:34 PM

There seems to be a lot of good energy here and I'm loving it.

:
#304 of 455 Old 04-13-2008, 10:22 PM

Is anyone else here experiencing a "bumpy start" to the new moon?

I am trying really hard to stay positive, feel the yucky stuff and stay in the moment. I really believe that the universe will provide wonderful experiences this year, but, wow... it has been a rough week.

I got fired for crap reasons from my job as youth director at my church (last tuesday - the end of the new moon!) and because of the crappy, hypocritical way they did it, I chose to leave the church altogether. These were not huge financial losses to me, but giant emotional ones. I am processing, feeling sad, but I can see where when one door closes, another opens.

But... wow... just a lot of ooky stuff all at once.

I was just wondering if anyone else had a funky week.
#305 of 455 Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
first of all -

I'm feeling this way too. My DS had his first cold this week which wasn't too bad, but meant long nights for me and DH. I was involved in planning a mother-daughter retreat this weekend which ended up being really disappointing - almost all of our participants cancelled at the last minute, it was raining the whole time and almost everybody was sick. bleh. We ended up having a very nice time with our small group, but we lost money and now I have to come up with $200 to pay for my part.

so yeah - I'm feeling the "bumpy start" as well. hopefully it will pass soon. it's great to hear about everyone else's positive experiences - I guess some of just have to wait a little longer.
#306 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 12:15 AM

re: adding to it once its "finished"

i 'm pretty much done but i lack 1 specific image so i'll definately be adding that. one of my affirmations was "i get all the sleep i need" and i want a picture of someone sleeping in a bed but it has to be kind of small to fit so i'm still looking. also i still have to add a photo of myself.....

but adding little bits over the year, no haven't done it and don't plan to. but this is only the second year i've done this

Quote:
i also printed out 4x6s of each bagua, to place in the coresponding bagua in the house.... not sure if that's dividing the energy of the map too much, but i figure i'll try it.
i like taht idea. it seems like it would amplify rather than divide. but i am a newb so take that w/ a grain of salt
#307 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 01:39 AM

HELP! We just moved and are still trying to unpack and get organized, but we'd love to do our treasure maps before the 20th! IS IT TOO LATE TO START ON THE 15TH?

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#308 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
Tracy, what did you end up doing for Time?

As of right now there is no Time Affirmation on my map. But My map still doesn't have a photo of me on it (printing issues). So, I'm going to add a photo and I'm going to probably add a couple of affirmations. I'm happy with all my images and the rest of my affirmations but I'm aware I need to add a couple more. I was waiting for First quarter moon (this weekend) to add.

Probably tomorrow I'll do it.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#309 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
HELP! We just moved and are still trying to unpack and get organized, but we'd love to do our treasure maps before the 20th! IS IT TOO LATE TO START ON THE 15TH?

There are always some people who find this thread late. And I'll say what I always say... If you can not do the Map on the actual New Moon... you can still make the map on the waxing moon. So, if you start it now on First Quarter moon you will still get the Aries energy. The New is ideal but this is second best.. And second best is always better than ...not doing a map. of course. So, yes, try to build the map during the waxing moon. Full Moon is 4/20. Try to do it between now and then.

#310 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsa_elsa View Post
first of all -

I'm feeling this way too. My DS had his first cold this week which wasn't too bad, but meant long nights for me and DH. I was involved in planning a mother-daughter retreat this weekend which ended up being really disappointing - almost all of our participants cancelled at the last minute, it was raining the whole time and almost everybody was sick. bleh. We ended up having a very nice time with our small group, but we lost money and now I have to come up with $200 to pay for my part.

so yeah - I'm feeling the "bumpy start" as well. hopefully it will pass soon. it's great to hear about everyone else's positive experiences - I guess some of just have to wait a little longer.

I would encourage you to plan your next mother-daughter retreat on perhaps a Taurus New Moon or Cancer New moon (June or July).

I could see where Aries would sort of push back on it. Too feminine for Aries!
lol. Gotta go for the soft and cushies moons.

#311 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I am trying really hard to stay positive, feel the yucky stuff and stay in the moment. I really believe that the universe will provide wonderful experiences this year, but, wow... it has been a rough week.

I got fired for crap reasons from my job as youth director at my church (last tuesday - the end of the new moon!) and because of the crappy, hypocritical way they did it, I chose to leave the church altogether. These were not huge financial losses to me, but giant emotional ones. I am processing, feeling sad, but I can see where when one door closes, another opens.

I

I love your bumps!!!! Seriously you are going to have a great manifesting year. You must have some good ideas on your map because the universe is responding. Big doors opening! Get ready :

#312 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter

I posted this in the beginning. I wanted to share it again.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...0&postcount=34

#313 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I wanted to share something with you guys on Treasure Map New Moon. I actually experienced this on Friday but I didn't want to share it with you until New Moon.

On Friday night I watched an episode of "I CAN MAKE YOU THIN" with Paul McKenna. It is on TLC.

I actually had seen ads for the show and was kind of intriqued but never could find it since my tv watching is sporadic. Anyway, on the show I watched near the end of it, he showed everyone in the audience and at Home to break a craving. And on a lark I tried it.

And I have to tell you---- It worked. I used Tortilla Chips. One of my cravings that I welcomed ditching. The next day I was at lunch with my husband and they had chips there.. I had NONE. Not even a hint of a desire.

You guys... check out his show. Here's the link.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/make-you...-you-thin.html

Tivo it. It was episode 3 that got rid of the craving.
Any idea where one can watch it who doesn't have cable or TiVo? It sounds great.
#314 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:

I've had a bumpy start, too, but I'm trying to just go with it. I found out I owed a lot in taxes (which meant I made more money) but that lead to my accountant telling me that I had to incorporate, and my financial planner set up my IRA and so the "nest egg" picture on my map is already starting to be built.

Quote:
I posted this in the beginning. I wanted to share it again.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...0&postcount=34
Tracy, you posted so many times about your weight loss, and how it took getting rid of all your thin clothes to make it happen. I never wanted to believe you, because my thin clothes were so pretty - but on Friday (my birthday) I went through them all. I packed up the 6's to send to my little sister, I put the 8's in a bag to donate, and I have the 10's ready to give to a friend who will have a nice new spring wardrobe from Anne Taylor Loft. I actually cried while I was packing up the 6's and the 8's. But, I'm letting them go.

I had a lot about weight loss (or being thin) on my map last year. I think I am 5 pounds heavier. So this year I put nothing about my weight on there. I did put an affirmation about loving my fit and strong body and moving it often.

No real point to this post except that I finally decided to declutter all of my very pretty too small clothes.
#315 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Fek & Fuzz,

I am confident this is the year you will make the changes regarding your weight. As hard as it was to give the clothes away, wasnt' there a part of you who felt relief or at least lighter after you gave the clothes away? That lightness is what I believe leads to a lighter body. Like I said I gave away the thin clothes and the diet happened about two months later. Just see if you don't have some magical moments come into your life.. in my case I had a friend who brought up my weight (after I gave away the clothes) and said, "why don't you call our doctor?" We have the same general practitioner, at first I blew it off..but then I had to see him about something else and I remembered her words and I asked him, "Do you have any suggestions for weight loss?" And he told me to call a doctor's office that had a weight management team attached to them. I went to the office and that was when I began. Basically it is like Weight Watchers. Their food, weekly weigh ins. 1 hour lectures. Support. Write down everything that is eaten every day... and slowly. Probably 1 to 2 pounds a week. 9 months later I lost the 47 pounds (that I gained between 2003-2006).
It is has been almost a year and I'm still down 42 of those pounds. I have a lot of skills I learned from them that I put in practice. And now I call in once a week with a check in..again discuss how much I ate and exercised every day.

If you want to start somewhere. Get one of those Calorie counter books and write down what you eat every day. Just for a week. Take a look.

And watch who comes into your world. You may have someone say, "Do you want to be my walking buddy?" or "Hey do you want to join Weight Watchers with me?"

Be prepared --the new body is coming!

#316 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Any idea where one can watch it who doesn't have cable or TiVo? It sounds great.

go to TLC's website.

#317 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 PM

I just realized that my treasure map is in motion. I was sitting here reading things and getting bummed that I didn't have anything going on with mine. But I do!!

My hubby and I are exchanging knowledge with a friend of ours. We are helping him with his internet business and he is training us for 5K races this summer. I had a picture of a girl with an athletic body holding the word strong on it, and that ball is now in motion.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#318 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 01:02 PM

This is my first time doing a tm and I have been blown away by the experience.

It started off rather slow on Sunday and Monday as I started on my new mags and my affirmations - it was going ok, but nothing too special. But by Tuesday, I just started feeling so much energy and positivity (is that a word?). I resolved a big technical glitch by myself (yippee) and finished up late Tuesday night even though I had only planned on just gathering up all my images in the new moon and then assembling the tm over the next week. But I was just so driven to finish it right away. I felt I really got what Tracy was talking about.

I am sure my map is way too big, cluttered and wordy for most people, but it just seems SO RIGHT for me and for where I am at right now. I LOVE IT! It feels so empowering!

I hope/expect to look back in 5 years or so and be horrified by how busy it is LOL but I know I have been laying the foundation for some big transformations in my life and that I’m on the cusp of many exciting changes.

I have since added a few things to the map, mostly b/c I was feeling that same energy that I initially had so I thought it made sense.

And I also have had some immediate manifestations. Developing friendships was an important theme for me and just since Tuesday I have reconnected with an old friend, gotten together 2x with a current friend that is always hard to hook up with, and made plans with a new friend. There were a couple of smaller things too. E.g. I had a vase of tulips in the abundance bagua and on Wednesday my dh brought me a bouquet of tulips for no reason.

I did want to ask if someone had any tips for sealing down the edges of the clippings. I am new to collaging and notice many of my edges are not fully glued down. I could just add drops of glue where needed but it seems like that would get awfully messy.

Thanks so much to Tracy and all the other posters who have inspired me!

Theresa
#319 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresal View Post
I am sure my map is way too big, cluttered and wordy for most people, but it just seems SO RIGHT for me and for where I am at right now. I LOVE IT! It feels so empowering!

I did want to ask if someone had any tips for sealing down the edges of the clippings. I am new to collaging and notice many of my edges are not fully glued down. I could just add drops of glue where needed but it seems like that would get awfully messy.

Theresa
Theresa, your map is exactly right.
It's all a process and you are in it!

How about mod podge for the edges? Cover the whole thing in that or something like it?
#320 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Mod Podge all the way. Keeps everything nice and flat.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#321 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 06:49 PM

I must have missed the part about having your own photo on the map. I didn't do that. Is that okay?
#322 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylAnn View Post
I must have missed the part about having your own photo on the map. I didn't do that. Is that okay?

I am adding my photo this week.

and sure, you don't have to have one. it is your call.

#323 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I am adding my photo this week.

and sure, you don't have to have one. it is your call.
I'm glad it isn't necessary, because I don't think I have any room for it.
#324 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I love your bumps!!!! Seriously you are going to have a great manifesting year. You must have some good ideas on your map because the universe is responding. Big doors opening! Get ready :
Oh Tracy, I can't tell you how much this meant to me to read this today THank you Really. I knew there was a reason I put your name on my "helpful people and angels" bagua!!!!

I just refuse to believe all this stuff that feels negative is NOT just the setting up for amazing things this year. It just HAS to be the storm before the calm LOL!

Thanks again for the boost! I needed it!

Lo
#325 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 PM

does mod podge work if you used foam board as a backing?

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#326 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Fek & Fuzz,

I am confident this is the year you will make the changes regarding your weight. As hard as it was to give the clothes away, wasnt' there a part of you who felt relief or at least lighter after you gave the clothes away? That lightness is what I believe leads to a lighter body. Like I said I gave away the thin clothes and the diet happened about two months later. Just see if you don't have some magical moments come into your life.. in my case I had a friend who brought up my weight (after I gave away the clothes) and said, "why don't you call our doctor?" We have the same general practitioner, at first I blew it off..but then I had to see him about something else and I remembered her words and I asked him, "Do you have any suggestions for weight loss?" And he told me to call a doctor's office that had a weight management team attached to them. I went to the office and that was when I began. Basically it is like Weight Watchers. Their food, weekly weigh ins. 1 hour lectures. Support. Write down everything that is eaten every day... and slowly. Probably 1 to 2 pounds a week. 9 months later I lost the 47 pounds (that I gained between 2003-2006).
It is has been almost a year and I'm still down 42 of those pounds. I have a lot of skills I learned from them that I put in practice. And now I call in once a week with a check in..again discuss how much I ate and exercised every day.

If you want to start somewhere. Get one of those Calorie counter books and write down what you eat every day. Just for a week. Take a look.

And watch who comes into your world. You may have someone say, "Do you want to be my walking buddy?" or "Hey do you want to join Weight Watchers with me?"

Be prepared --the new body is coming!
Thanks. I can feel it coming. I have my walking buddy (either a person or a book on my iPod) and I've made some changes to my diet and now there is all space in my closet for lovely flattering clothes that fit me and my new body!
#327 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
foam core? paper on both sides with foam in the middle?

If so, then yes.

Otherwise, I don't know.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#328 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
foam core? paper on both sides with foam in the middle?
yep, that's the stuff. thanks!

note to self: add mod podge to the grocery list for next week

there are still some places on my map that need filling in. they are not intentional blank spaces. not many, but i can't seem to find images that i want to fit in there. urgh.

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#329 of 455 Old 04-14-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Thanks. I can feel it coming. I have my walking buddy (either a person or a book on my iPod) and I've made some changes to my diet and now there is all space in my closet for lovely flattering clothes that fit me and my new body!

by the way. Happy Birthday.

You and Dave Letterman.

#330 of 455 Old 04-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post

note to self: add mod podge to the grocery list for next week
Me too! Thanks to those who posted this tip.

Theresa

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page