Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 455 Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I came to the treasure mapping a bit late and so just lurked through till now...it's been really inspirational reading everyone's posts. DP and I both made maps (thought DP would tease me about making one but instead got really into it!), and I can already feel things happening. I love hearing about the changes in everyone's lives as the map-messages get out there into the universe!

wombat, if it's a good financial deal, can you make some sort of very official business arrangement with your uncle? If you have a guarantee that he'd treat you no different than any other vendor, I don't see the problem. I understand your hesitation though. I'm sure you'll make the right choice!

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#362 of 455 Old 04-22-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
but I do have a question...can't you and your uncle have a separate business relationship where it does NOT include your mom?
I don't know. She is very much involved in his store and the whole business is very "family oriented" (as in, the items are made for the most part by family members). I know from past experience that if I request the sort of standard business contract I get from other vendors who have sold my product the extended family starts in on how I don't trust them, how I feel better than them, etc. And after my one request for such paperwork (3 years ago) I was not asked again to provide product for the store. Her family is very, well, I don't know the word... they're quick to close the gates and slow to open them up again if they feel even the littlest disagreement. Very "family over everything" to outsiders but then they pick each other into bloody bits in private.

My final falling out with my mom was in January 08, and suddenly they are asking again? It just feels wrong. I haven't asked again about contracts since I don't know that I'm interested in pursuing this opportunity, you know? The money would be nice but it wouldn't be a huge amount, and while I do enjoy making my balms I intentionally left them off my map this year since this past year they just weren't making me happy. (For example, I was happy to donate balms for Mighty Mama's raffles but sad at losing my friend, and happy to sell on etsy but annoyed at how often technical glitches left me scrambling to get product to customers).

I know I'm drifting a bit away from TM here... thanks for helping me work through this confusion. Just writing it out is helping me clarify my intent and desires!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#363 of 455 Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM

Wombat - what about a "trial run"? This could help you not miss out on an opportunity, but not get you hooked into something long turn if your gut turns out to be right.

I am a believer in following my gut too. The problem that presents itself with this sort of situation is that your gut may be misguided by your past history.

Another words it could be ego and hurt talking (both real btw), but not necessarily your intuition. Its very hard to hear your true voice when there are heavy, background conversations going on, as I imagine is the case here with your family history.

Good luck!
#364 of 455 Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Goodcents.

I just created an email account with Gmail.

Will you go to Paul's sight and log on with it and see if it can be the TreasureMap Weight Loss Team user account.

here's the email account:

mmtreasuremap@gmail.com
did it. check your other MD's thread for more details.

sorry i was a little slow on the uptake here.
#365 of 455 Old 04-24-2008, 02:00 PM

I had a dream this afternoon (I was taking a nap with DS) about treasure mapping and just had to share with people who will appreciate it!

In my dream I was looking at what seemed to be last years map - it had a yellow background and lots of healthy pregnant women and I felt like my main theme was having a safe, healthy pregnancy, with a fast easy labour and a healthy baby.

When I woke up I thought about that image. I didn't do an actual map last year, but at my baby shower we had an intention circle - where I said what I wanted to happen during my pregnancy and everyone else held space and sent blessings to me and the baby.

I just checked and that shower was on the new moon in Aries last year - I thought wow - I made a treasure map without even knowing it!

btw - my labour was 4 hours long and not very painful at all. I was up and about the day after and my DS was a healthy happy baby.
#366 of 455 Old 04-28-2008, 04:03 AM

Thats wonderful Elsa, thank you for sharing your beautiful experience :
#367 of 455 Old 04-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Elsa, what a beautiful, inspiring story!!! Thanks for sharing that and way to go mama!
#368 of 455 Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Tracy, remind me why bumpy is GOOD at the beginning of the new "year"??? OMG, it has just NOT ENDED for me... it's one thing after another after another and I'm feeling like my map is a disaster because so much negative energy has been coming my way (well, it FEELS negative right now, I totally get that it may be positive in the long run and I just can't see it yet).

Words of wisdom? I'm ready to rip it to shreds :cry
#369 of 455 Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Can I see your map?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#370 of 455 Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 PM

AaRGH... somehow I missed your reply til just now, Tracy! I will take a pic tomorrow and send it to you.

Thanks

Lo
#371 of 455 Old 04-30-2008, 11:29 AM

Here you go, Tracy, it's the photo stream for my map. I took a pic of the whole thing and then pics of each area. I captioned them so you could tell what was what.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25083392@N00/?saved=1

The negativity started while I was making the map and has continued, almost daily... last night my dh brought up the subject of divorce!! (which I knew was coming, but I am dealing with SO MUCH CRAP right now, it was just the icing on the cake iykwim).

Please look at it and let me know if there's something there that is "causing" all of this to crash down on me all at once, or if this is simply the storm before the calm LOL... I can totally see that being the case. I've been "stuck" for a long time, so maybe I'm just getting UNstuck and it's painful.

Thank you!

Lo
#372 of 455 Old 04-30-2008, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Here you go, Tracy, it's the photo stream for my map. I took a pic of the whole thing and then pics of each area. I captioned them so you could tell what was what.

The negativity started while I was making the map and has continued, almost daily... last night my dh brought up the subject of divorce!! (which I knew was coming, but I am dealing with SO MUCH CRAP right now, it was just the icing on the cake iykwim).

Please look at it and let me know if there's something there that is "causing" all of this to crash down on me all at once, or if this is simply the storm before the calm LOL... I can totally see that being the case. I've been "stuck" for a long time, so maybe I'm just getting UNstuck and it's painful.

Thank you!

Lo
I'm not Tracy, but it sure seems so very much identical to my life 2+ years ago when everything that was going on (much like your life) caused me to say things that you are saying, ("dealing with so much crap" "negativity" etc) and I just wanted to extend some love to you, because thankfully, I have so much to extend now. My life has radically shifted in ways I NEVER imagined possible, even when imagining that I couldn't imagine the possibilities, KWIM? And it gets better every blinking moment.

And your story, like mine, sounds so much like a huge shift in the alignment necessary for you to soar to new spiritual planes. I'm tingling thinking about it right now.

And hoping so much that at this time you are able to harness some of that energy and ride it for a positive outlook, if even only for 17 seconds!

Oh, and don't rip it to shreds. Perhaps tuck it away where you can forget it for a few (months, years, weeks, I don't know) because I just feel certain that you will come back to it at "that time" and be AMAZED at how setting those intentions on that map allowed for the magnitude of change coming your way.
#373 of 455 Old 04-30-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Thank you!

Lo
I'm not Tracy either but I agree with the PP and I noticed two things stuck out to me when I saw your map.

When I looked at the "Spirituality" (I think that was it) section and saw the "Hollywood" sign I immediately thought, "Drama!" That definitely sounds like what you're dealing with right now. Then I saw that you are writing a book so you plan on having some degree of fame (given the Oprah photo as well) and that's probably why you placed it there.

When I saw your family section, where you wrote "we are a happy family" it really struck me (and please don't take offense, I'm just going by the photo) that everyone looks happy in the picture except your husband.: Maybe this also has something to do with what you're experiencing?

Either way, lots of hugs to you mama!
#374 of 455 Old 04-30-2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks

Yes, my dh is unhappy... very much so and refusing to do much about it up to now.

The hollywood sign is actually in my Home section as I'd love to move back to CA, but now I totally see how it could be construed as "drama" LOL... but to me, the Hollywood sign symbolizes home and comfort and like-minded folks. I really want to move back to CA, that's why I put that on there (along with the affirmation that I own my dream house in CA).

I think that you both are confirming my thought that this is just the upheaval needed to create space for better things. I've been through it before, but it doesn't make it any easier LOL.
#375 of 455 Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 PM

You know, Sisyphus, I keep looking at my TM with a bit of disdain these days because I'm so stressed out in general. At the same time, it's more of the same stuff from last year, plus honestly, I sorta asked for it. I'd just like it to be calmer 'round here. I figure I'll get there.

Just because others are having TMs speakin' to 'em right away, doesn't mean all of us will. It all falls into place, I'm sure.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#376 of 455 Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I think that you both are confirming my thought that this is just the upheaval needed to create space for better things. I've been through it before, but it doesn't make it any easier LOL.
been there as well. hugs and vibes from the "other" side, as it were.... hang in there!

my tm is putting me thru a bit of the wringer, as it were. making me think about and do things i didnt think i wanted to, but then, i look at the map, and i think... hey. i did kind of ask for this.......
#377 of 455 Old 05-01-2008, 07:22 PM

i kind of did my map in such a hurry, compared to last year-- well not a hurry, but...well, yes a hurry because i had a lot less time, plus i was in my class so couldn't put all my mental energy into doing the map.

so, i kind of feel a bit disconnected from it. i'm not as excited about it as i was last year, and i couldn't find "the perfect images" like i did last year, and this year's took way too long to actually finish cause of my class, so it felt like it dragged on and on and started feeling chore-y instead of fun. so i'm not as enamored of it as i was last year.

i did put in stuff that i really care about, but there are other squares where i kind of feel "eh" about. you know, more noncommittal. and there are a couple of blank spaces where i just didn't find any images that i liked so they look bare and less well thought out.

just musing.

i just feel kind of let down, and not as excited as last year's. i hope that the things i put on there decide to manifest anyway

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#378 of 455 Old 05-04-2008, 01:03 PM

MAKE IT STOP!!!!

I just got home from spending the night in the hospital with my five year old (his bday is TODAY!) after he woke up yesterday vomiting profusely and couldn't keep ANYthing down Docs have no idea what made him so sick, but he's *fine* today (thank goodness!!!!)

WTH did I do on my map to put so much negativity out there? LOL..

I am exhausted. I am at the end of my proverbial rope. I feel like I am drinking out of a firehose and I can't hold onto it any more. I'm being buried.
#379 of 455 Old 05-04-2008, 01:45 PM

Hang in there Sisyphus!!!

I went through similar extreme negatives back in July/August. It was so horrible, and so much constant negative that I ended up tossing my hands in the air and losing so much faith in my own beliefs and spirituality. It took months for me to slowly work back in to it.

Once I made my confirmations during the new moon it felt as if something just clicked and switched. Almost like a spiritual reawakening. It was amazing! And that would have never happened without the initial negativity I had happening last year.

Now I have still had some negative moments, going through one right now. But I am more convinced than ever to stay strong, stay focused and never doubt my beliefs. Things will get better but it is so so so hard to see that when you have a dark cloud surrounding you.

(((((sisyphus)))))
#380 of 455 Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM

ohhh, go read tracy's taurus new moon article!

(great article tracy! thanks!!!)

#381 of 455 Old 05-05-2008, 02:23 PM

aweynsayl, can you post the link for that?
#382 of 455 Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xochimama View Post
aweynsayl, can you post the link for that?
it's the same site the TM article was on-- you have to have a log in. but here's the site: http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php#copy

#383 of 455 Old 05-05-2008, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

http://margaretwendt.com/columns.php#copy

I may give it its own thread.

#384 of 455 Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ohhh, go read tracy's taurus new moon article!

(great article tracy! thanks!!!)

Do you have a link?
#385 of 455 Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM

Tracy You asked to see pics of my map and I posted them, but I haven't seen you comment... and, um, I'm sort of wondering wtf is going on with me LOL... And honestly, I was wondering if you could PM me about doing an astrological profile on me and my family to figure out what is going on You can pm me if you are open to doing that Really!! (I'm desperate!!!! LOLOL)
#386 of 455 Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Fek & Fuzz,

I am confident this is the year you will make the changes regarding your weight. As hard as it was to give the clothes away, wasnt' there a part of you who felt relief or at least lighter after you gave the clothes away? That lightness is what I believe leads to a lighter body. Like I said I gave away the thin clothes and the diet happened about two months later. Just see if you don't have some magical moments come into your life.. in my case I had a friend who brought up my weight (after I gave away the clothes) and said, "why don't you call our doctor?" We have the same general practitioner, at first I blew it off..but then I had to see him about something else and I remembered her words and I asked him, "Do you have any suggestions for weight loss?" And he told me to call a doctor's office that had a weight management team attached to them. I went to the office and that was when I began. Basically it is like Weight Watchers. Their food, weekly weigh ins. 1 hour lectures. Support. Write down everything that is eaten every day... and slowly. Probably 1 to 2 pounds a week. 9 months later I lost the 47 pounds (that I gained between 2003-2006).
It is has been almost a year and I'm still down 42 of those pounds. I have a lot of skills I learned from them that I put in practice. And now I call in once a week with a check in..again discuss how much I ate and exercised every day.

If you want to start somewhere. Get one of those Calorie counter books and write down what you eat every day. Just for a week. Take a look.

And watch who comes into your world. You may have someone say, "Do you want to be my walking buddy?" or "Hey do you want to join Weight Watchers with me?"

Be prepared --the new body is coming!
Tracy, since you posted this, I have started a blog (along with my friends who started their own blogs) about eating and exercising, I have been getting up earlier and exercising everyday (I am at over 400 minutes so far this month!), I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, various amounts off other parts of my body and have lost 5 pounds! I know I have been working hard at it, but it feels effortless and good to move and eat what will truly fuel my body in a healthy way.

One of the friends who started her own blog about fitness was the recipient of an entire summer wardrobe of mine from a few sizes back. The clothes were practically new, and I was a little teary getting rid of them, but I just trusted that it needed to be done, and I did it. Then we were both happy!

Just wanted to post a little update on what's been happening with the thing that I didn't put on my map this year.
#387 of 455 Old 05-10-2008, 02:59 PM

ooh i had one today and i didn't even realize it till it was over.

last minute i ended up putting something in my map about yardsales. i put it w/ my money/abandance/whatever stuff thinking i would make money off my clutter.........but i ended up taking my dd out yardsaling today, something i rarely do b/c when i'm off on a saturday i usually like to sleep in. anyway i think i might make this a regular mother/daughter activity.
#388 of 455 Old 05-10-2008, 06:30 PM

I feel like a lot of stuff was happening for me at the very beginning, but my attitude has been awful lately and I'm wondering what affect this is having on my TM experience.

My DH (who lost his job in October) was accepted to law school (in state, so we don't have to try to sell our house and move just yet) and found a summer job at a local hardware store to make ends meet this summer (school starts in August). I had some things on my TM about him working hard and feeling professionally fulfilled, well-compensated, etc. But I have been stressing out about him going back to school since it likely means I will have to work full-time next year, which I am feeling reluctant abut (though not sure why)

I have been teaching part-time at two local colleges and learned that one of them (the one I like better) might have a one-year full-time position (salary plus benefits) for me that could lead to a tenure-track position in Fall 09. I had included the college's logo on my TM. The problem is I need to finish my dissertation by then. My committee thinks I'm on track to defend by October, but I have NO motivation to finish and NO time to write (DD, 11 months, still prefers sleeping on one of us).

Basically, my plate feels too full right now - mamahood, teaching part-time, trying to prep for two summer classes, trying to find time to write my dissertation. I'm wondering if I didn't leave enough blank space on my map...it is literally covered corner to corner.

On top of all this, my self-esteem is taking a hit. I'm feeling ugly, frumpy, old, unintelligent, unmotivated, just not enough of a whole lot of things.

On the positive side, I have been having some pretty profound experiences during my yoga practice over the last few weeks, but I've been unable to carry that with me into the rest of my day and the rest of my life.

Am I doing something wrong? This is my first time TMing and I guess I was expecting more dramatic results (and this seemed to be what I was getting at first).

treehugger.gif
#389 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Tracy You asked to see pics of my map and I posted them, but I haven't seen you comment... and, um, I'm sort of wondering wtf is going on with me LOL... And honestly, I was wondering if you could PM me about doing an astrological profile on me and my family to figure out what is going on You can pm me if you are open to doing that Really!! (I'm desperate!!!! LOLOL)
Whoops. How did I miss this? Let me go find your post.

#390 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Sisyphus,

Well, now I see I missed a whole page of posts. I think when I put up the Taurus link I just assumed I was at the end of a page that I had already read. I was totally incorrect. Anyway,

Your Treasure Map is very lovely. You have got a lot of beautiful affirmations. I do think there is some transitions in your map. Meaning I think you know on either a conscious level or unconscious level that you are making transitions. It feels like you know you want more of something in your life but you don't have it yet. This is totally fine.

Imagine someone has lived on a desert island for a long time. And for some reason that person found out about Treasure Mapping. (Maybe someone printed it up from MDC and put it in a bottle) Anyway, the person was able to make a map, (perhaps a magazine floated to his island) and he put images of a lot of food and lots of fresh water, and lots of people and lots of affirmations, "I have lots of fresh water to drink."

And now that desert island is hit by a tsunami and our our little person is holding onto a little makeshift raft, bopping in the ocean, riding the waves, tired, wet, hungry, riding the waves for days. Scared, alone. He probably thinks, "Shit! This is exactly opposite of what I wanted, why is this happening to me?" He drifts for days and maybe our person sticks their hand in the water and grabs a fish now and then. and then one morning our person looks out from the raft and sees a feather, or a twig, our person hangs on to the raft because he knows something--where there is driftwood--there is land. And soon off in the horizon he sees something, a mountain. He gets excited and he waits as the waves and current naturally propel him towards the land. And when he gets close enough he hops off his raft and swims to shore. And where does he find himself? He is on a bustling island with thousands of people and abundant food and shelter and real community and they take him in and he now has the life that he wanted back when he made his map on the desert island. It is the life he saw for himself.

Sisyphus, let the wave crash on you. I know it can be scary and you can be unsure but the life you want is worth it. There is an island waiting for you. You just need to hold on to your little raft. I see a lot of things on your map that can give you something to hold on to and certainly your children are number one.

YOu have not done anything wrong with your map.

I might encourage you to put something about relationships. Go ahead and add it.
But in the partnership corner I might put

"All of my relationships are nourishing and supportive."

Oh, and I hope your DS is feeling better. My son had the vomit bug this week. He was about the 7th kid to get it at his grade.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page