Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#391 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Tracy, since you posted this, I have started a blog (along with my friends who started their own blogs) about eating and exercising, I have been getting up earlier and exercising everyday (I am at over 400 minutes so far this month!), I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist, various amounts off other parts of my body and have lost 5 pounds! I know I have been working hard at it, but it feels effortless and good to move and eat what will truly fuel my body in a healthy way.

One of the friends who started her own blog about fitness was the recipient of an entire summer wardrobe of mine from a few sizes back. The clothes were practically new, and I was a little teary getting rid of them, but I just trusted that it needed to be done, and I did it. Then we were both happy!

Just wanted to post a little update on what's been happening with the thing that I didn't put on my map this year.

Fek&Fuz,
I am so thrilled for you! And your friend! Sharing your thin clothes was a beautiful choice on your part and it will bring you more good. I wish I knew why it works but at least for me it did. I'm so excited for you. Question..what was that program you mentioned on your blog about counting calories--is it a website?

I know I have mentioend that once I went into maintencene part of my diet I gained seven pounds, so I too have been working on it. Also, I have had some hormonal issues and I went to a Nutropath and she wants me to eat small snacks all day versus meals, I'm an O negative blood, so rice cakes with almond butter (Little bits) help keep the blood sugar going. Anyway on my map this year I have an affirmation, "I easily maintain my thin, well toned body"... and I'm thinking the nutropath's advice might make this so.

But back to you, I am sooooo excited for you! How many pounds have you lost? And great news on the toning and measurements reductions!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#392 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
I feel like a lot of stuff was happening for me at the very beginning, but my attitude has been awful lately and I'm wondering what affect this is having on my TM experience.

My DH (who lost his job in October) was accepted to law school (in state, so we don't have to try to sell our house and move just yet) and found a summer job at a local hardware store to make ends meet this summer (school starts in August). I had some things on my TM about him working hard and feeling professionally fulfilled, well-compensated, etc. But I have been stressing out about him going back to school since it likely means I will have to work full-time next year, which I am feeling reluctant abut (though not sure why)

I have been teaching part-time at two local colleges and learned that one of them (the one I like better) might have a one-year full-time position (salary plus benefits) for me that could lead to a tenure-track position in Fall 09. I had included the college's logo on my TM. The problem is I need to finish my dissertation by then. My committee thinks I'm on track to defend by October, but I have NO motivation to finish and NO time to write (DD, 11 months, still prefers sleeping on one of us).

Basically, my plate feels too full right now - mamahood, teaching part-time, trying to prep for two summer classes, trying to find time to write my dissertation. I'm wondering if I didn't leave enough blank space on my map...it is literally covered corner to corner.

On top of all this, my self-esteem is taking a hit. I'm feeling ugly, frumpy, old, unintelligent, unmotivated, just not enough of a whole lot of things.

On the positive side, I have been having some pretty profound experiences during my yoga practice over the last few weeks, but I've been unable to carry that with me into the rest of my day and the rest of my life.

Am I doing something wrong? This is my first time TMing and I guess I was expecting more dramatic results (and this seemed to be what I was getting at first).

It sounds like you have got a lot on your plate and maybe your map. That is fine. But you may need to focus on only a couple things at a time.

Can you work on your dissertation this summer? Do you think you can do it in 3 months? If you started a little bit every day would it be done by the time your husband started school in the fall?

#393 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Fek&Fuz,
I am so thrilled for you! And your friend! Sharing your thin clothes was a beautiful choice on your part and it will bring you more good. I wish I knew why it works but at least for me it did. I'm so excited for you. Question..what was that program you mentioned on your blog about counting calories--is it a website?

I know I have mentioend that once I went into maintencene part of my diet I gained seven pounds, so I too have been working on it. Also, I have had some hormonal issues and I went to a Nutropath and she wants me to eat small snacks all day versus meals, I'm an O negative blood, so rice cakes with almond butter (Little bits) help keep the blood sugar going. Anyway on my map this year I have an affirmation, "I easily maintain my thin, well toned body"... and I'm thinking the nutropath's advice might make this so.

But back to you, I am sooooo excited for you! How many pounds have you lost? And great news on the toning and measurements reductions!
I use Sparkpeople.com . It's free and really easy to use with tons of motivational things on it.

I've lost 5 pounds so far, about a pound a week. It is still weird to see the scale going down each week, but I also know that I'm having lots of non-scale victories.
#394 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
You know, Sisyphus, I keep looking at my TM with a bit of disdain these days because I'm so stressed out in general. At the same time, it's more of the same stuff from last year, plus honestly, I sorta asked for it. I'd just like it to be calmer 'round here. I figure I'll get there.

Just because others are having TMs speakin' to 'em right away, doesn't mean all of us will. It all falls into place, I'm sure.

I think the stress we are all feeling is extraordinary. And the daily assault of oil and food costs increasing...up only adds to our stresses-i'm sure. Sigh.

I know I am under a lot of pressure and I think my situation is probably easier than others but I am still stressed. The only thing I can do is take deep breaths and exercise and try to do as much as I can but at the same time give myself big ass breaks. The other day I vegged out on my bed and watched TOP Chef. I felt refreshed afterwards. wierd I know but it works for me.

#395 of 455 Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 PM

Thanks, Tracy

You described how I am feeling perfectly.. in fact, I told my bff the other day that I felt like I was out in the middle of the ocean, in a storm and got washed overboard... now I'm treading water, wondering when the sharks are going to come (oh and btw, I LOATHE swimming LOL) and trying to figure out which way to swim towards land, afraid to just start swimming because I'm afraid I'll be swimming further away.... so I tread and hope.

Your words helped me to feel like there is hope out there. Thank you for that I just have to ride the waves and let the good stuff come.
#396 of 455 Old 05-19-2008, 10:10 AM

How about THAT for a treasure map success...

When I was making my TM, I was happily employed 1.5 hrs (60 miles) away from my house. I had no intention of switching jobs. I loved my co-workers and my responsibilities. A week after TM was finished, I suddenly decided that "enough is enough", and "am I insane to be paying these gas prices???".

I asked for recommendations. Two weeks later I sent out packets with my resume to 5 different places. Last week I had a fabulous interview. Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#397 of 455 Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post

When I was making my TM, I was happily employed 1.5 hrs (60 miles) away from my house. I had no intention of switching jobs. I loved my co-workers and my responsibilities. A week after TM was finished, I suddenly decided that "enough is enough", and "am I insane to be paying these gas prices???".

I asked for recommendations. Two weeks later I sent out packets with my resume to 5 different places. Last week I had a fabulous interview. Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.
Excellent!
#398 of 455 Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Today I have a new job with higher pay only 20 minutes away from my house.
#399 of 455 Old 05-19-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:

That's FANTASTIC!!!!
#400 of 455 Old 05-19-2008, 01:28 PM

The one area of my TM that has had a lot of action is my health. It's amazing, because I had the word "vibrant" in bright orange and that's exactly how I feel! I didn't specifically address weight loss on my TM but I did put several affirmations about loving my healthy body and feeling alive and amazed and beautiful in my body and just the other day I weighed myself and I've lost 16 pounds! I'm down below my pre-pregnancy weight from DD, and I think DS3 as well. I am thinner and healthier than I have been in 3 years, I'm not anemic anymore and I feel alive and wonderful. The other areas that fell in with that was being a patient and happy mom and because I got my anemia under control I actually HAVE that energy I need to be present with my children and play with them and be patient and pleasant.

Also, I put a picture of the yoga pose warrior on my TM, not because I wanted to start doing yoga but because it looked so strong and healthy, and what do you know? I started doing yoga.

I'll have to post pics of my new look. I feel so amazing!
#401 of 455 Old 05-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
The one area of my TM that has had a lot of action is my health. It's amazing, because I had the word "vibrant" in bright orange and that's exactly how I feel! I didn't specifically address weight loss on my TM but I did put several affirmations about loving my healthy body and feeling alive and amazed and beautiful in my body and just the other day I weighed myself and I've lost 16 pounds! I'm down below my pre-pregnancy weight from DD, and I think DS3 as well. I am thinner and healthier than I have been in 3 years, I'm not anemic anymore and I feel alive and wonderful. The other areas that fell in with that was being a patient and happy mom and because I got my anemia under control I actually HAVE that energy I need to be present with my children and play with them and be patient and pleasant.

Also, I put a picture of the yoga pose warrior on my TM, not because I wanted to start doing yoga but because it looked so strong and healthy, and what do you know? I started doing yoga.

That is great! I put similar affirmations about my body on my TM, and I've lost 7 pounds and a whole bunch of inches and I have not once felt deprived or hungry.

I'm so glad you are feeling better and looking better!
#402 of 455 Old 05-20-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post

So happy for you, I thought you had a rough start, and I'm glad to see that things are looking up!

#403 of 455 Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 PM

By the way, if you thought my last TM accomplishment was good.. .try this one..

DP got a job offer last night! Yey for ending 9 months of stressful unemployment and job searches! :

#404 of 455 Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
By the way, if you thought my last TM accomplishment was good.. .try this one..

DP got a job offer last night! Yey for ending 9 months of stressful unemployment and job searches! :
#405 of 455 Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
That is great! I put similar affirmations about my body on my TM, and I've lost 7 pounds and a whole bunch of inches and I have not once felt deprived or hungry.

I'm so glad you are feeling better and looking better!
I don't know how TM does its magic, but it seems to be doing all kinds of wonderful things.

#406 of 455 Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
good for you! i so wish something would move for me on that front. i had it on last year's and on this year's too, and i can't seem to stop sugar-binging and i've gained weight *back*. i'm so freakin fat and i'm not feeling good about it otoh, i have started exercising again. but it hasn't done much cause that's when i gained the weight back

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#407 of 455 Old 06-07-2008, 04:32 AM

Pamela - it is really hard to have weight issues, I know. It's good that you are exercising again - keep it up. Don't kill yourself on cardio machines - try a personal trainer for one time so you can learn how to use the weight machines and do weights - it will help you tone and you will look thinner faster. Also make sure you are eating healthy foods in smaller quantities, more often. If you want something sweet eat a piece of fruit that will stick in your stomach for a while.

All advice I tell myself every day. We just got back from a vacation and I was stressed beforehand because I felt fat. But then I got there and while I wasn't the thinnest person on the beach I wasn't the fattest either. It was nice to just have a good time and not be stressed about it. Now that I'm back I wish my pants weren't so tight but a couple weeks at the gym will solve that.

I've been out of the TM loop. I did it last year within the guidelines and got pretty much everything I wanted on it - bunkbeds for the kids, wood puzzles, Dh to have a decent job, etc. I missed the dates for this year by a little bit but went ahead and did a new one. I want to visit Alaska so that is on there, also lots of garden stuff and house inspiration. While I like our little house I know we won't be here for forever.
#408 of 455 Old 06-07-2008, 11:53 PM

i got something

its been crazy drama but we are in our own place...its rental which was not exactly in lign with the affirmation but the general idea of getting out of my moms wa sthe main intention ........

i'm also hard at work on something else on my map....i had an image of four old wome running into the ocean, it represents family connections for me and i am woeking on a family board like mdc....

oh and kurt has decided the time may be right for an addition to the family
#409 of 455 Old 07-03-2008, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

It is the first day of Cancer New Moon and this is the time when we look at our Treasure Maps and assess the results. Have you had good movement? Is there an area that appears stuck? Take a little time now to reflect on your map. The next time we will assess our maps is in The Fall during Libra New moon. Let's see what can happen between now and then.

If you want to read more about Cancer New Moon, here is my article. I just put it up.

http://margaretwendt.com/articles.php?id=177#thearticle

#410 of 455 Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 AM

My map seems like a black pit to everything that go go wrong except one area :/ I don't even think about the map now, it sits atop the computer desk in the kids livingroom and I pass it everyday but dont pay it much attention. This is the same time as last year when everything money wise that could go wrong did go wrong. My spirits are up despite it all. I don't want to get that sinking despair feeling I had last year, not when I am finally out of the weather funk I was in for almost 2 months.

Off to read the article.
#411 of 455 Old 07-03-2008, 09:33 AM

So, Tracy, we are supposed to reassess our maps and see what's working and what's not.... and then what? LOL... I'm seriously not be snarky at all... maybe I just haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm unclear on what to do going forward. Do we focus on those areas?? Meditate on our positive vision?

Thanks
#412 of 455 Old 07-11-2008, 02:26 PM

I just looked at and mulled over my map. It was encouraging to see so much movement in certain areas, and I could see others where shifts are just starting to become visible. That made it easier to look at the parts where I haven't seen anything yet, or where things seem negative and stressful. I was able to remind myself that sometimes upheaval is necessary to make room for the good stuff that is coming.

It was a good time to remind myself of the things I aim for this year, and I felt like spending that time with it re energized it a lot. Since the day I did that I've started seeing lots more movement and progress all over the place. Some has been more pleasant to handle than other parts, but I am able to see that even the more difficult things ARE progress and helping me toward my desires.
#413 of 455 Old 07-11-2008, 07:48 PM

I think my map is just going to hit the bonfire and free me of all it's energy. At this point I'd rather think negative, maybe that will turn my energy around. But just like this time last year the more positive I am , the more I look at the good and try to turn the sour into sweet it just gets worse. If being positive makes it worse then surely being negative would have the opposite effect. Either way whatever I am doing now is not working.
#414 of 455 Old 07-12-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBE View Post
I think my map is just going to hit the bonfire and free me of all it's energy. At this point I'd rather think negative, maybe that will turn my energy around. But just like this time last year the more positive I am , the more I look at the good and try to turn the sour into sweet it just gets worse. If being positive makes it worse then surely being negative would have the opposite effect. Either way whatever I am doing now is not working.
That is so weird. I was just thinking this morning that I wanted to burn my treasure map.
#415 of 455 Old 07-12-2008, 04:40 PM

Well, there's been a little bit of positive movement on my map. I put an image of a healthy, sticky girl. I'm now 7 weeks pregnant. The only other times I've gotten this far was with my sons. I had an open door with 'explore the possibilities' about a particular relationship. At the time, the person & I weren't talking and now we are again. I realized the other night that I didn't really specify what I wanted from the relationship on my map, though, so it's not what I had in mind atm.

Nothing else seems to be moving atm, though. I had a lot of stuff about improved finances, getting a house & car, getting out of debt. Really, that was the most important area to me and nothing is happening. It was on my map last year, too. I'm not sure if there's something I should be doing to get it moving. There also isn't any movement in getting fit or healthy, even though I started trying to follow Paul McKenna. I lost 4 pounds the first week, then nothing.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#416 of 455 Old 07-13-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
That is so weird. I was just thinking this morning that I wanted to burn my treasure map.
Oh yeah? Want to tell your story? Mine has now been named "The series of unfortunate events"
#417 of 455 Old 07-13-2008, 12:42 PM

Oh Tribe, I'm sorry, but you made me laugh out loud with that one...

I'm sorry your map feels so stuck. Can you post pics of it? Maybe you could tweak it to make it work better? I know my first year, I used some totally negative affirmations and WOW was that a bad idea LOLOL!!!!

My map isn't really going gangbusters - yet - but I have found my way back to the gym and am loving exercising regularly again and it looks like my dh and I may actually be able to save our marriage (which, unfortunately for me means giving up the most loving relationship of my life.... but I have to trust that the universe knows what it's doing).

I can't complain, though, at the beginning of the year... WOW it was BAD.... I was about to toss my map in the trash. I'm glad I didn't, though.

Hugs to you. ANd post pics so we can trouble shoot
#418 of 455 Old 07-13-2008, 02:21 PM

I have to find the humor in it all, otherwise I might go mad.

I'll try and get some pics up soon, the mister is home so not much time for anything ut helping him get ready for an underway/deployment
#419 of 455 Old 07-13-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBE View Post
Oh yeah? Want to tell your story? Mine has now been named "The series of unfortunate events"
I think my problem is that I named this year "The Year of Intentional Growth and Sublime Joy" and there's a lot of growth going on and it is just sucking big time.

I should have named it "The Year of Blissful Sameness and Sublime Joy."

But, I know that once the dirt comes up there will be some beautiful results from all this growth. :: There really will be, I will look back and say "what a valuable time in my life that was and what a better person I am because of it." Even if I right now I feel like this :::Puke
#420 of 455 Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
It is the first day of Cancer New Moon and this is the time when we look at our Treasure Maps and assess the results. Have you had good movement? Is there an area that appears stuck? Take a little time now to reflect on your map. The next time we will assess our maps is in The Fall during Libra New moon. Let's see what can happen between now and then.

If you want to read more about Cancer New Moon, here is my article. I just put it up.

http://margaretwendt.com/articles.php?id=177#thearticle
Interesting. I put pictures pregnant ladies on my treasure map (along with the word "boy", which would be nice, but we aren't that picky). My baby was conceived July 4th (so still within the Cancer New Moon???)

I also put a picture of our old house with the word SOLD on it. We are in the process of short saleing it and our renter is hoping to put an offer in. Unfortunately the offer is much less than what we owe, but I can't really expect miracles in this current real estate market.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page