Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 455 Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems like everything I put on my map is moving or has already come to fruition. One area of my life I pretty much ignored when I made my map and now I'm wanting to add a few things to that bagua.

Can I add or do I have to wait until next year???
#422 of 455 Old 07-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomom View Post
Seems like everything I put on my map is moving or has already come to fruition. One area of my life I pretty much ignored when I made my map and now I'm wanting to add a few things to that bagua.

Can I add or do I have to wait until next year???
I added things to my map (and still do on occasion). At least two of the added things already happened.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#423 of 455 Old 07-27-2008, 04:02 PM

I was wondering if I should change mine, I had extremely long hair when I did the TM & had drawings of myself that way in 2 important areas, now it's short so every time I see it, it feels really off... my dd's hair is different, too... so the drawing of her seems weird, as well.
#424 of 455 Old 07-27-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
I was wondering if I should change mine, I had extremely long hair when I did the TM & had drawings of myself that way in 2 important areas, now it's short so every time I see it, it feels really off... my dd's hair is different, too... so the drawing of her seems weird, as well.
I'm not an expert on TM, and this is my first year of making one; but it feels very natural for me to interact with it, so I change/add things to it as the year progresses if it feels right.

#425 of 455 Old 08-21-2008, 10:10 PM

One more thing on TM came about... I wanted to go back to horseback riding for years now, guess what my beloved got for me for my bday?... You guessed it.

I'm in awe at how well TM is working.

#426 of 455 Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 PM

HI. I missed TM this year. On purpose mostly. My map from last year really hadn't came through on anything and I feel like some of the things on it are starting to manifest with my body and such. I just sort of felt like it was still working or something and couldn't feel the pulling to make another one. Now, I feel the pulling to make a new one.

Is there any specific time that would be best for me? I am an Aries if that makes a difference.

I just happened to attract a whole bunch of newer magazines all at once today, for free. September and October issues so I felt this was my sign to finally go forward with making a new one.
#427 of 455 Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
in terms of the treasure map, that really needs to be made on Aries new moon...of course that is 6 months from now. what I would recommend, is why don't you make a vision board now. which is just like a treasure map. And then next spring when it is time to make the Treasure Map you can include what you did now or start all over fresh.

Could be a whole new world then.

But if you do it now, y ou should do it on Libra New Moon which is September 29.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#428 of 455 Old 10-20-2008, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My treasure map experience has been going well, except that my map had some water damage in the "money' corner from a plant on a shelf above it. This was several weeks ago. I moved it to a dryer location and now am visualizing green ivy curling around that section of the map. Maybe visualizing it is enough, but I'll have to find a really nice green marker and draw that in sometime soon.

I've always done an annual Christmas letter or email to close friends and family (I know, I know, but I always get positive feedback on it.)

I'd keep doing it even if I never mailed it off, because writing it really is important for me in summing up our year as a family, areas of growth, challenges, etc. The last paragraph or two are all about setting the stage for the future, and writing those parts in particular feels very Treasure Mapish/Visionboard -like. Like a mission statement for the coming calendar year, y'know? Also, I keep all the letters and they become a kind of family history for my kids.

Anyway, I usually don't start working on our letter until late November, but I've started thinking about it earlier this year. I was wondering if starting on a new moon would make much difference, and if so, the one in October or November? Which would be better?

Last year, I did our letter in November, but there was a significant death in the family right after that, so it never got sent out. I'd like to get on track again this year...
#429 of 455 Old 10-20-2008, 09:59 PM

I think I've really been seeing some movement when it comes to my TM. My baby's dad and I are no longer together (for the best) and on my TM I put a picture of him and our daughter with the words "Love & Positivity", but he hasn't been around for 2 months now and shows absolutely NO interest in her or making things better...........so in that aspect the universe has taken it in the opposite direction of the TM............

Anyway, more on this later...........................:

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#430 of 455 Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
My treasure map experience has been going well, except that my map had some water damage in the "money' corner from a plant on a shelf above it. This was several weeks ago. I moved it to a dryer location and now am visualizing green ivy curling around that section of the map. Maybe visualizing it is enough, but I'll have to find a really nice green marker and draw that in sometime soon.

I've always done an annual Christmas letter or email to close friends and family (I know, I know, but I always get positive feedback on it.)

I'd keep doing it even if I never mailed it off, because writing it really is important for me in summing up our year as a family, areas of growth, challenges, etc. The last paragraph or two are all about setting the stage for the future, and writing those parts in particular feels very Treasure Mapish/Visionboard -like. Like a mission statement for the coming calendar year, y'know? Also, I keep all the letters and they become a kind of family history for my kids.

Anyway, I usually don't start working on our letter until late November, but I've started thinking about it earlier this year. I was wondering if starting on a new moon would make much difference, and if so, the one in October or November? Which would be better?

Last year, I did our letter in November, but there was a significant death in the family right after that, so it never got sent out. I'd like to get on track again this year...

Begin the letter on Thanksgiving and the whole weekend. That is Sag new moon..great time for the type of letter you are writing.

#431 of 455 Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 AM

I am loving the idea of having a vision board next to my treasure map... I am thinking that I will hang a cork board next to my map and add things to it as I feel them!! That way, I can also move things around if I want to!
:::::::::: :::::::
#432 of 455 Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Begin the letter on Thanksgiving and the whole weekend. That is Sag new moon..great time for the type of letter you are writing.
Well, I'm Canadian, so already had Thanksgiving...but that just means I won't have distractions.

Thanks for the advice.

Sisyphus, I like the idea of a corkboard. Right now, my upper fridge door serves something like that purpose for me, but the alphabet magnets and school lunch forms are kinda cluttering up my vision
#433 of 455 Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 AM

Tracy I have had years when the TM has been wildly successful. And then other years nothing at all seems to happen.....why do you think this is?
#434 of 455 Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have an answer, goodcents. It is the same with me. Some years I have more balls out of the park but I still always get results, just more on some years than others.

#435 of 455 Old 11-24-2008, 03:45 PM

OMG I just have to say this year's TM has been absolutely incredible.

All these things on my map have come to fruition:
I had my absolute DREAM homebirth in September (this was the central image and focus), a family vacation in Mexico happening next month, and another BIGGIE--- I sold two large paintings to public collections which will be most of the down payment on a house for us. (the house has appeared for on my TMs for two years now)

AND we just got an email from our landlords that they want to sell us their house. (We've been talking about approaching them for a few months now... holy moly WOW)

I'm just...floored...at how much has come true. And so much of the spititual and emotional visions have come true, for me and for the whole family.

:::::
#436 of 455 Old 11-26-2008, 01:45 AM

I have to take a good look at my map and connect the dots! So far so good! I've hit giant rocky patches, but it was all necessary to get where I'm going A few not so positive things have happened, but I hope they will work themselves out shortly.

#437 of 455 Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 PM

I know this is way in advance, but I'll be talking to a lot of women in the family this weekend and I want to plan a TM party/ladies get-away for next Spring. Can you tell me the dates for TM 2009 so we can try to plan for it? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
#438 of 455 Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 PM

I think mine is working in mysterious ways.
#439 of 455 Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 AM

My map is stuck in one area...health...I have lost all the baby weight, but I don't feel like I'm nourishing my body. I don't take vitamins or eat right and I'm still nursing DD so........not good for me........

Job area is RIGHT ON, I wanted to move to Hawaii (which was on a whim and no longer interests me) so that fell thru- but I DID just get a new job that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. On TM I pasted "I LOVE MY CAREER" and I most definitely do.

As for being single, I knew I wasn't wanting the right man to come along just yet, so I pasted on my TM a picture of my ex (DD father) and had words "positivity" "love" "friendship" around him...our connection went down a nasty hill for awhile, but we are building it back up, from scratch, and it was going slow, but great. I would rather have wrecked it to reform it, and that is exactly what has happened. Our connection is opening back up for better communication and teamwork when it comes to parenting our LO.

On the money aspect- I am making decent money at this new job, and on the TM I pasted a GOLF (the car) and said "Enjoy the ride" and a few months ago I was in a car accident, totalling my Jeep- which gives way for the new car to come into my life. We are working on settling with the insurance company (the other party was at fault) and thankfully no one was hurt badly!

On the family section...I had photos of my mom, brother and father. My mother and I are doing better, we have our ups and downs, but for the most part I am learning more about her and respecting her for the things she has overcome and the sacrifices she has made for me and my younger brother. My brother and I are rocky at best. He has found his path (and I specifically put that on my TM "May he find his path into his fun and loving future"). My relationship with my father seemed to strengthen at first, but now, has completely fallen apart. I tried talking with him about a few things. He is sick...very sick...and I shouldn't have said some of things I said, I pointed fingers and I want to make amends, but he refuses to accept my calls or emails and has blocked me through online communication. That is a real bummer for me. I hope he is doing ok. On my TM next to a photo of my father and me I have "Healing", we will see where the flow takes us..........

I am growing into a more patient, attentive mother- which was the center focus of the TM :

#440 of 455 Old 12-19-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatedAttic View Post
I know this is way in advance, but I'll be talking to a lot of women in the family this weekend and I want to plan a TM party/ladies get-away for next Spring. Can you tell me the dates for TM 2009 so we can try to plan for it? Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
I don't have my astro calendar yet..but I did a quick search and it appears to be:

New Moon March 26 2009

#441 of 455 Old 12-19-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
My map is stuck in one area...health...I have lost all the baby weight, but I don't feel like I'm nourishing my body. I don't take vitamins or eat right and I'm still nursing DD so........not good for me........

Job area is RIGHT ON, I wanted to move to Hawaii (which was on a whim and no longer interests me) so that fell thru- but I DID just get a new job that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. On TM I pasted "I LOVE MY CAREER" and I most definitely do.

As for being single, I knew I wasn't wanting the right man to come along just yet, so I pasted on my TM a picture of my ex (DD father) and had words "positivity" "love" "friendship" around him...our connection went down a nasty hill for awhile, but we are building it back up, from scratch, and it was going slow, but great. I would rather have wrecked it to reform it, and that is exactly what has happened. Our connection is opening back up for better communication and teamwork when it comes to parenting our LO.

On the money aspect- I am making decent money at this new job, and on the TM I pasted a GOLF (the car) and said "Enjoy the ride" and a few months ago I was in a car accident, totalling my Jeep- which gives way for the new car to come into my life. We are working on settling with the insurance company (the other party was at fault) and thankfully no one was hurt badly!

On the family section...I had photos of my mom, brother and father. My mother and I are doing better, we have our ups and downs, but for the most part I am learning more about her and respecting her for the things she has overcome and the sacrifices she has made for me and my younger brother. My brother and I are rocky at best. He has found his path (and I specifically put that on my TM "May he find his path into his fun and loving future"). My relationship with my father seemed to strengthen at first, but now, has completely fallen apart. I tried talking with him about a few things. He is sick...very sick...and I shouldn't have said some of things I said, I pointed fingers and I want to make amends, but he refuses to accept my calls or emails and has blocked me through online communication. That is a real bummer for me. I hope he is doing ok. On my TM next to a photo of my father and me I have "Healing", we will see where the flow takes us..........

I am growing into a more patient, attentive mother- which was the center focus of the TM :
jazzbaby, you rock.

in terms of weight... you might add on Cap New Moon which is next week... these words...

"I am happy and grateful that I easily attract and maintain a lean healthy body."

see if that helps.
but like I said..you rock.

#442 of 455 Old 12-19-2008, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I think mine is working in mysterious ways.
mine too. especially this year.
there are subtle things kicking in..

#443 of 455 Old 12-19-2008, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

I want to remind everyone that a lot of people have a lot of action in their maps on the last quarter...which is after Cap New Moon until March.

So, if you are feeling a lack of movement..watch what happens in the winter.

One year some of my biggest moves occurred in Feb and March!

#444 of 455 Old 12-21-2008, 10:03 PM

Hey, Tracy Speaking of new moons and treasure maps...

Is there anything we can be doing in the last quarter of this map to prepare for next years' map?

And what is the date of the 2009 Aries new moon? I see a new moon starting March 26th (I think, I closed the window LOL) and one April 25. Which one is the aries new moon?

My map this year was, interesting, to say the least... I was very conflicted and sort of "off" when I made it... but a LOT of positive stuff has come from it. I am looking forward to seeing movement in the last quarter

Thanks!
#445 of 455 Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 PM

just googled it...it's april 5th. so which days do we have to make the map?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#446 of 455 Old 01-03-2009, 06:55 PM

My map is moving at an accelerated pace. Wow! So many things have come to fruition. And not in the easiest ways - like totalling my car but replacing it with what I wanted. And somehow coming out fairly unscathed physically - still healing. I strongly wanted a new safe car - didn't anticipate how this would come to pass.

But so many other things are literal translations of pictures on my map. I will be even more focused next year and am loving this year. I have been thinking about the map often and meditating on some concepts on it. The new year and my birthday next week have me feeling so free and grounded. Which is wonderful as I was coming off of a rocky go.

Just had to share someplace where other people won't look at me like I have 3 heads
#447 of 455 Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I am having a wonky map year. I think I was more unfocused than I realized last April. Looking forward to this year.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#448 of 455 Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I haven't posted here in a really long time, but I've had almost everything in my map fullfilled.

The oddest one I wanted to share. I put at picture of a river flowing over some rocks, without knowing whta it meant but knowing it should be there. This past summer my DH took me to a spot off of the trail he was building and wouldn't you know it, it looks identical to this picture. We spend a lot of time at this spot and have soo many happy memories from here. Probably the most relivant picture on my map. I didn't make the connection of the picture and place until almost a month ago.

There are a few more images left to come, but I am so happy with how everything has happened. My map has been a lifting experience and I am excited for next year.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#449 of 455 Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM

just had my biggest moves of the last year in february & march as well. my map had a meadow, lots of animals, a house, and lots of food. well, we just finished a move to the country, began our spring planting and got a dog almost just like one of the animals on my map. i'm really looking forward to making another treasure map and to the upcoming year.

is there a new thread yet?

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#450 of 455 Old 03-24-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama View Post
just had my biggest moves of the last year in february & march as well. my map had a meadow, lots of animals, a house, and lots of food. well, we just finished a move to the country, began our spring planting and got a dog almost just like one of the animals on my map. i'm really looking forward to making another treasure map and to the upcoming year.

is there a new thread yet?

yes --- it's almost mapping time!!!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1032692

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page