Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went out to get some magazines and nothing jumped out at me...I just recently got rid of all of my old collaging stuff and really felt like that wasn't the medium I was suppose to be working in...

Then, I was looking at pictures of myself on the computer to try to get inspiration and it hit me! I should do a digital collage!

here it is!

I had so much fun finding images and placing them. I'm a graphic and web designer so usually when doing this kind of work it's for someone else and I have to "be in their head" and can't always do what I want. This was so liberating!

I'm going to have it printed on nice paper today and put it in my journal - where I will write my affirmations.

It's so nice to read about everyone else's journeys! Thank you Tracy for all the work you do!
#122 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 PM

I just wanted to tell everybody to not freak out if you don't have a ton of magazines... time... artistic talent...etc.

Two years ago, I read about the treasure map thread and then forgot about it until pretty much the deadline. I had a piece of cardboard from an Amazon box, a purple sharpie, and some foil stars. That's it. I wrote my things out...and then decorated it with stars. No pictures. No painting. Nothing fancy. Without fail, probably 95% of the things manifested within the next year... and some of them were really far out there.

So... to borrow from the old Nike campaign... JUST DO IT!!

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#123 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsa_elsa View Post
I went out to get some magazines and nothing jumped out at me...I just recently got rid of all of my old collaging stuff and really felt like that wasn't the medium I was suppose to be working in...

Then, I was looking at pictures of myself on the computer to try to get inspiration and it hit me! I should do a digital collage!

here it is!

I had so much fun finding images and placing them. I'm a graphic and web designer so usually when doing this kind of work it's for someone else and I have to "be in their head" and can't always do what I want. This was so liberating!

I'm going to have it printed on nice paper today and put it in my journal - where I will write my affirmations.

It's so nice to read about everyone else's journeys! Thank you Tracy for all the work you do!

This is sooo lovely! Thanks for sharing. I could look at it for a long long time.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#124 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:40 PM

That's really cool, Elsa. I did a digital one last year. This year I'm doing a mix of part physical collage/part digital collage. I'm scanning in the physical collages and putting my affirmations on then printing them out. Plus that way my kids won't pick the bits of collage off the pages on the kitchen wall.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#125 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post

One question: In the FS baguas where would home improvements go?
Family/Friends is what I would suggest. That section also covers your day-to-day cash, the utility bills etc... That is the spot where I am putting stuff about finding the right home for us

I've been working on mine a bit at a time. I was nearly done and ready to glue but it just didn't feel right....I realized I was so gung-ho to DO the map that I was just putting stuff in that fit the area, symbolized the right stuff in a general way, but hadn't taken the time to sit and think about what *I* was really wanting. So I've slowed down and put more thought into it and clarified some stuff for myself. So I need to go take a fresh look at the stuff I clipped and have ready and change some things around.

I have the most fabulous neon orange posterboard though
#126 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM

ohmygosh! so many posts! we did just go with the flow yesterday, and it was very interesting to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Just wanted to ask, do you put things on your map that are not about YOU, but rather about someone you care?
i had two affirmations on mine last year, one for dh and one for ds... i was careful to word them in general terms that wouldnt be me trying to make them something they didnt want... ex. for dh: "dh is fulfilled and fully himself." he is doing his own map this year, so i wont have that this time... which does make mine more me! funny that others are feeling that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwyn View Post
So I have a question. Why magazines? Why not just find cool pictures on the internet and print them off?
for me... since this year i didnt really know what i was looking for, mags were easier... it's hard to just "browse" the internet! but if you know what you're looking for, do it! i did last year, and mine was super powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmk View Post
Is anyone else not sleeping well in this new moon?
ohgoodness yes! i was up for hours last night. finally did a chakra cleansing and did fall back asleep. i am finding i am excitable, but also focused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
One question: In the FS baguas where would home improvements go?

Work has been a big issue for me. I hate my job but am needing to stay here for various reasons. I am planning on leaving at the end of the year (dec) provided I'm not pregnant (one of the reasons I'm having to stay here now, we're TTC and I need the benefits.) So I wasn't totally sure what to put there. I had a few good ideas and I'm starting to get a few more. Clarity is such a good thing.

Another thing that was interesting was that some of my sections were over flowing (I knew what I wanted in that part of my life) and some sections were almost bare (because I was either confused about that part of my life or I was content with the way it was.) Just a very interesting observation!
i had some oveflow and bare areas last year too.... they kind of merged. i think home improvements could do either in the top left or middle left? for work... gosh. i dunno!
#127 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Time

Last year I used

Time is abundant, the supply is endless.

I like Annakiss's one above though
#128 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsami View Post
I just wanted to tell everybody to not freak out if you don't have a ton of magazines... time... artistic talent...etc.

Two years ago, I read about the treasure map thread and then forgot about it until pretty much the deadline. I had a piece of cardboard from an Amazon box, a purple sharpie, and some foil stars. That's it. I wrote my things out...and then decorated it with stars. No pictures. No painting. Nothing fancy. Without fail, probably 95% of the things manifested within the next year... and some of them were really far out there.

So... to borrow from the old Nike campaign... JUST DO IT!!

THAT IS SOO COOL! thanks for sharing that. it's basically what i told DH this am, since he really wants to do one, but has NO time right now. Yay!
#129 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 01:11 PM

I need some input. I'm having a difficult time with tming surrounding what I want for a house. Our family moved cross-country last autumn and have been searching for a house to buy. I've probably seen between 300 - 400 houses, plus all the mls listings I have read. We just found a house that we are planning to put an offer in on this week. The thing is, we are deciding to buy it because it is the best thing we have seen for what we want, but although it meets a lot of our criteria it is by no means a 'perfect' match, mostly due to location. I'm just really burnt out on looking and to find something that fits at least this well seems like a godsend.

But, like I said, it isn't really a wonderful match. So, do I map with images of what I really want in a house (for instance a stream on the property and a short commute to dh's work) or do I map images of the specific improvements we plan to make to this house should we get it (like a remodeled bathroom and clearing the trees from a large section to plant a garden)? A good example is also the kitchen, the remodel that we would do in this house, although fine, would not be my 'dream house' kitchen due to the space/layout constraints.

I feel like I have to make a choice between right now or the future. If I map for a different place am I not being grateful for what has been provided? If I map for this one am I not trusting the universe to provide my heart's true desire? The whole thing has me muddled and I've lost a passion for the map in general. Any input would be appreciated.
#130 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 01:13 PM

My treasure map only has a few things on it (much of what I wanted last year has come to fruition, and I am reallllly content now!!!)

Should I try to find more to put on it? Is it okay to just have a few things?

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

#131 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM

I am frustrated with myself and too much in my head. I feel like my map is all over the place and I was hoping to have it be more organized and streamlined this year and I'm so worried I will miss something, forget to include something.

Ideas for ways to recenter and get back on track? I was moving along pretty well yesterday in finding images and words and affirmations and then when I went to put it all together, I kind of hit a wall.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#132 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 02:13 PM

wow. I don't have words really for today lol But I just wanted to post something. For the last 5 weeks I have had the worst insomnia. I wasn't sleeping until 3am and then getting up a few hours later. I was cranky and very tired to the point of not functioning by 3pm but then by the time I would get in bed I would be wide awake. So I have been working on my affirmations. Saturday night I fell asleep just after midnight and was up before 8 am. I felt great all day Sunday and did not hit that 3pm lag. Again last night fell asleep just after midnight and woke around 7:15. I got up, got dressed and took my dog on a brisk 30 minute walk. Came home, showered, did laundry and helped make cereal for the kids. I have never felt so energized, so alive! It's like just having put my affirmations out there and not even on my TM yet has made a huge impact. Some exercise videos I have been wanting just practically fell in to my lap on freecycle.

Originally I had planned to do a square cardboard map with the FS baguas but the more I feel, the more I am drawn to a circle, the whell of the seasons, the circle of life. And my craft is urging me to knit my wheel in orange yarn and felt it, then put my affirmations and pictures on it. So today I am going to make my wheel and tomorrow will finish up puttng it all together.

I have to admit I am loving this. When I tried to follow The Secret, no matter how much positive I visualized and thought things in my life just kept going further and further down hill. I gave up in fear of making an already bad situation even worse and felt frustrated with it all. This has reaffirmed that it does work. And perhaps I was visualizing and wording my thoughts in a way that brought about the negative instead of the positive.
#133 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Did the things you put last year manifest themselves? That's what I found for mine so my focus is different. For instance, I had a quote on mine about working hard for every dollar. And I did. So this year I'm going to have the money and work affirmations and images a little more flowy, so it's less of a struggle. And my friend affirmation came true (I have wonderful new friends) so my helpful people corner this year has some pictures of the Buddha since I want to continue my meditation practice.
Not really... Some did, and most didn't. I had a very hard time last year, and things just didn't speak to me the way they have in years past. It was just interesting that the focus was so direct this year, and that it was a different vein than last year. There are some things that I want to pull from last year's map for this one, but mostly my wants seem to have shifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Again, I think this might be numerological. 2008 equals a 1 year. And I think some of us are feeling it more than others.. we need to take care of Number One. It is not wrong or right. It just is. And by the way, those who are not as focused on Number1..it does not mean you are wrong or right. It just is. I think some of us are being drawn for our own inner reasons that we might not know. Remember it is all good.
This totally makes sense. It was just an interesting shift, so I wanted to ask. I had forgotten about it being a 1 year.

Any one else *not* do affirmations? They never really speak to me, and I tend to focus on images and single words.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#134 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
This is sooo lovely! Thanks for sharing. I could look at it for a long long time.
thanks! I just got it printed and I it!
#135 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 03:32 PM

Hello, all!

I must admit, I am getting no where with my TM, but I'm trying not to freak out about it. Anyone want to take a walk with me in the garden?

elsa_elsa~ I love your TM!!!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#136 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 03:47 PM

subbing, magazines in hand! Dd1's bday party went off without too much craziness, but then my dad was committed to the hospital... so yesterday was a no-go for mapping.

Today is sunny, the wind is blowing, and I'm feeling the vibe!

Question- I know TM is supposed to be looking towards what you want to have/manifest. Has anyone tried manifesting a "feeling"? My last map brought us to our very much desired new home but there are certain unchanging elements of this home I just...well... really don't like. I can't change them, but I'd like to become more accepting of them, or even happy about them. Has anyone tried this? Should I pass on that aspect?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#137 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia View Post
Hello, all!

I must admit, I am getting no where with my TM, but I'm trying not to freak out about it. Anyone want to take a walk with me in the garden?

elsa_elsa~ I love your TM!!!
I love it! That is its own treasure map.
#138 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Has anyone tried manifesting a "feeling"?
i sort of... inadvertantly... did this last year. we were *trying* to build a house at the time, but i think i knew it wasnt meant to be. i said "our new home is peaceful, clean, refreshing, and lush..." which was NOT true of the house we were in at the time. well, we didnt build that house, but i DO feel that way about the old house now.... but i'm not sure that was my intent.... kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFooFoo View Post
So, do I map with images of what I really want in a house (for instance a stream on the property and a short commute to dh's work) or do I map images of the specific improvements we plan to make to this house should we get it.....
i'm finding my concept of my ideal house is somewhat fluid. i think i can manifest a love for a house that i wouldnt think would be ideal (heck, i did just that last year)... but i also think that if you *really* feel like you're settling, and that's something you dont want to do... you could certainly give a go at manifesting your ideal house.... worst case, you buy the new one, fix it up, start to fall in love, and then bingo! your true Dream House lands in your lap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
My treasure map only has a few things on it (much of what I wanted last year has come to fruition, and I am reallllly content now!!!)
this is something i've been mulling over too. i had major projects for myself last year, and this year, i'm coasting, so to speak. i'm finding my tm is beginning to flow in the way of subtle things... but i'm also feeling it is going to take me til full moon to figure it all out... so i guess i'd say go with the flow and see if you dont wind up finding more!
#139 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningmama View Post
Ideas for ways to recenter and get back on track?
i'm a total broken record, but try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIBE View Post
...but the more I feel, the more I am drawn to a circle, the whell of the seasons, the circle of life. And my craft is urging me to knit my wheel in orange yarn and felt it, then put my affirmations and pictures on it.
i can not wait to see yours! that sounds amazing.
#140 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM

baguas? baguas? baguas?

i'm guessing the answer has to be "it cant matter toooo much..." but how does one decide which to use? the one i was using before has different break downs from what tracy posted, and different from the one goodcents posted in the prep thread.

here's tracy's:

Quote:
1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.
i had 7 and 9 switched... travel was in 9, not 7... also, do relationships with Friends go with 3 or 4?

i think the travel doesnt matter over much to me, i can see it going in which ever fits better, but i really want to get friends "right" this time...
#141 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 05:22 PM

I finished my map!!! But before I post the pics, I had to share a couple of stories.

So I had read here that the previous year's treasure map will sometimes not occur until right before the new Aries moon. And I thought, eh, yeah. Ok.

Well, I was proven wrong this weekend.

Last week, I was all mopey and depressed. One of the reasons why was because I realized I had no 'in real life' girlfriends or people to get together with. I'd had people I'd had dinner with, etc, but no real connections that became friendships. I do have to take the reason for that on myself as well. I just didn't have the follow-through to set up another get together out somewhere. If I had, maybe things would have been different. So that was going to go on this year's treasure map.

And then there was Saturday. Out of nowhere, L (who I hadn't seen or talked to in months) calls and says that a few people are going to her house to have takeout and drinks, did I want to go? I ended up going and having a nice time. I only knew L. The other two people I just met but really enjoyed. This was a big thing for my shy self. It was just interesting (and humorous) that the universe seemed to be saying "See? Meeting new people wasn't that bad. It was fun. You can do that. Now put it on your new map and do it again."

And THEN.... there was yesterday. More awesome weirdness. Out of the blue yesterday morning, almost right after I wrote about Saturday night (as something for me to remember for next year lol), my mom called and asked if I wanted to meet her at the mall halfway between our houses (we're a bit over an hour apart) so she can take me shopping for my birthday (not until May). Of course I said heck yeah! And jumped into the shower and was off.

Now, that doesn't sound too strange, right? Well in reality, it was. One: my mom always, always plans in advance for these things. We 'schedule' days. There is no jumping int he car and going. Two: dumb as it sounds, I've lived an hour from her for *6* years now, and this is the FIRST time we have thought to just meet halfway instead of either of us making the full trip to the other. (we were both going what is wrong with us??? lol) And three: The FIRST store I went to, and the FIRST things I picked up to try on, fit perfectly and looked great. I even got a great outfit (a casual suit with a cute casual blouse that I can dress up or dress down and split up) to wear to Boston this Saturday. That never happens.

So I hadn't even started this year's map yet when those things happened, but in a way, I guess I had, by finishing last year's.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#142 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 05:29 PM

I'm going to post my map pictures as a set, so you can click the pictures and then see both the notes on the pictures and the comments I put below them (the baguas I used). They are there for outsiders to get an idea of what the pictures mean to me. They are not necessarily what I think of when I look at them (ie some descriptions say what I want to change, which is not what I would focus on).

The pictures start at the center, and then spiral outward. I like spirals, thus why I posted them online in that order. The spiral image also reminds me of the go gratitude spiral.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#143 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 05:37 PM

great TM, I have a similiar cut out of the word fearless for mine as well, funny how we both went for that.

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:
#144 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 05:49 PM

Shape- I'm realling being drawn towards a spiral this year...right now I see myself at the center with the spiral wrapped around me. Then each "turn" of the spiral moves "out"...first are the strictly personal things, then the family things, then the home things, then the social/interactive/networking things, then the world things.

I almost want to cut it out and hang it as a spiral that can move/spin in the air. Any reason why I shouldn't? I feel like the movement would help both draw my attention to it and, well, "keep things moving" so to speak.

My list of desires this year is both sparse and deep... few things, but each thing could be seen as very involved and many of them interconnect. Physical healing from a difficult birth, sexual healing in my relationship with dh, a successful pregnancy and/or fullfillment of our family, personal space to relax and recharge, time to focus on fiber arts, renovations to our home and garden, the ability to eat more organic/local foods, a renewed commitment to cloth diapering, finishing a book I've been working on for several years, building a homeschooling curriculum that speaks to pagan families, building a strong social network of like-minded women.

Anyway, so many of the things on my list interconnect... the first mental image I had was of a spider web but then the spiral shape started forming. Should I just go with it?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#145 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 PM

I've been thinking a lot about how I want to do my map and obstacles seem to keep creeping up to prevent me from going out to get supplies; since I couldn't get out this morning and the baby has needed to be in-arms all day I've been letting my mind wander and I am very attracted to doing one in an exploding lotus shape - the center circle with the petals moving out from it and baguas loosely overlaid on it. I've also been thinking alot of drawing it completely by hand - just pencil on paper, quick sketches and affirmations written in spirals. I haven't sketched or drawn in ages, the need to get my hands dirty doing this is very strong.

Sorry I'm not more coherent - this is my first year doing it and I'm really trying to open my heart and mind to the experience.
#146 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 06:22 PM

FoG, That's a great map!

hmm, I might have to sign up for flickr.
#147 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 06:36 PM

Full of Grace- yay spirals!

#148 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 06:40 PM

Ugh, I just can't get motivated. I just feel completely turned off and annoyed. I was all inspired and feeling awesome on Saturday, but Sunday when I went to the store to buy magazines they didn't have one thing that inspired me. And I've been stuck ever since.

This is really frustrating. I need to turn this around.
#149 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
baguas? baguas? baguas?

i'm guessing the answer has to be "it cant matter toooo much..." but how does one decide which to use? the one i was using before has different break downs from what tracy posted, and different from the one goodcents posted in the prep thread.

here's tracy's:

i had 7 and 9 switched... travel was in 9, not 7... also, do relationships with Friends go with 3 or 4?

i think the travel doesnt matter over much to me, i can see it going in which ever fits better, but i really want to get friends "right" this time...
I don't know. I have not used the baqua system on any of my treasure maps, it's just not something that speaks to me. I tend to think that as long as it's natural to you, that is what matters.
#150 of 455 Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nausicaamom View Post
I've been thinking a lot about how I want to do my map and obstacles seem to keep creeping up to prevent me from going out to get supplies; since I couldn't get out this morning and the baby has needed to be in-arms all day I've been letting my mind wander and I am very attracted to doing one in an exploding lotus shape - the center circle with the petals moving out from it and baguas loosely overlaid on it. I've also been thinking alot of drawing it completely by hand - just pencil on paper, quick sketches and affirmations written in spirals. I haven't sketched or drawn in ages, the need to get my hands dirty doing this is very strong.

Sorry I'm not more coherent - this is my first year doing it and I'm really trying to open my heart and mind to the experience.
I think you should honor your voice - and your hands - and do the work by hand. Literally drawing it and writing the words/affirmations that come to you. I am sure the map will be stunning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page