Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Ugh, I just can't get motivated. I just feel completely turned off and annoyed. I was all inspired and feeling awesome on Saturday, but Sunday when I went to the store to buy magazines they didn't have one thing that inspired me. And I've been stuck ever since.

This is really frustrating. I need to turn this around.
Ard - can you go out for a walk today by yourself. Not even a long one. But get your chi moving - physically move the yuck.

And then I would suggest taking a shower to literally CLEANSE away the feelings of negativity. Showers are amazing for that.

Lastly if you are feeling really wild incorporate some rose oil or water. Rub it over your heart and open your heart chakra. You could also use it over the root chakra area (connection) to get grounded.

Good luck mamacita - you so have this. And you are so fabulous. And so is your map-to-be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM

aweynsayl I am sorry if I further confused people by posting the compass directions and the 8 mansions baqua.

I think Ard is right - go with what feels right.

For what its worth I am not sure if certain things I pasted on my map are in the perfect "sector" of the bagua.

But I do trust that I put those things there for a reason - even for something as simple is that is where the said image or phrase looked the most beautiful.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:58 PM

It's funny how things change as you go, what I thought in my head at first is not at all what is coming out on my TM but it feels right. Had to share something I thought was funny. Checked my facebook today, my tarot on it was the Moon and this is what it said The Moon
The Moon represents those unknown forces and cycles that are out of your control. While aware of its presence, you are unable to comprehend the influence the Moon has on your life. While this is a time full of mystery and uncertainty, it is also a time of great imagination and creativity. You must be prepared to venture into the unknown and follow uncharted paths
. thought it was pretty coincidental timing.

also 2 questions, first off, would you put all relationship stuff as in friends and love on the same section or separate them a bit? Also WOuld you put money in the same section as work or separate them a bit? Right now I have them grouped money and work together, and friendship and love together but don't want to "muddy" it you know if they should be separated.

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:
Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
Ard - can you go out for a walk today by yourself. Not even a long one. But get your chi moving - physically move the yuck.

And then I would suggest taking a shower to literally CLEANSE away the feelings of negativity. Showers are amazing for that.

Lastly if you are feeling really wild incorporate some rose oil or water. Rub it over your heart and open your heart chakra. You could also use it over the root chakra area (connection) to get grounded.

Good luck mamacita - you so have this. And you are so fabulous. And so is your map-to-be.
Great timing because right after I posted that I logged out and took a shower and washed away the yuck. It's not totally gone yet, but I got motivated, hooked up our printer and figured I'd find pics online to print out and now I'm going to pick up some scrapbooking lettering ( I like to use that for writing out phrases) and other supplies.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2008, 09:19 PM

Well, I decided I'd try again to do a map this year. I didn't have much time for decluttering, but I cleared up a couple of boxes and an area that was really bugging me.

I really didn't want to get magazines and collage, though. I had a really hard time finding images last year. I figured I'd use google search for images and create a digital map this year. Unfortuantely, google images you have to know exactly what image you want to search for it, then you get thousands of hits and the perfect one is probably a few hundred pages in. I managed to get a few things that really work for me...& now I'm having trouble figuring out how to put them in one image..*sigh*

I was really excited about making my map when I went to sleep on the night of the 5th, too. I had some wonderful ideas for images and affirmations. Now I'm just feeling tired, frustrated & generally blah.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 PM

Ok now I am seriously freaking out. This kind of stuff NEVER happens to me. One of my affirmations was having a job (with a large yarn co) and money flowing easily but maybe my work opportunity was a bit vague and open.

Anyways I logged on to the computer this morning, signed in to yahoo and a message from one of our LLL's popped up for me. She had remembered that I used to sew slings as a business (something I closed over 2 yrs ago) and wanted to know if I would be interested in making slings and maybe MT's as well for her shop. I told her I would love to but at the moment I didn't have the funds the get all of the materials. She said she would provide all of the materials needed and just pay me on a per sling basis. So not only am I not out of money I don't have to try to sell them myself I get paid when she gets the product! I mean how totally random! Even funnier was she told me she had just been sitting at her computer wondering who she could get to replace the slingmaker she had when I logged in and she had an ah-ha! moment.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
I'm going to post my map pictures as a set, so you can click the pictures and then see both the notes on the pictures and the comments I put below them (the baguas I used).
That is SO cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I almost want to cut it out and hang it as a spiral that can move/spin in the air. Any reason why I shouldn't? I feel like the movement would help both draw my attention to it and, well, "keep things moving" so to speak.

Should I just go with it?
I like that idea! Sorta like a Treasure Mobile Map

I got to work cutting last night.. have a ton of images & phrases. Seems to be quite a few 'things' on it this year but they're mostly practical things that I need (ok I don't NEED a dishwasher.. but man am I tired of living at the sink, ya know? ) I've been looking for an image that would represent girlfriends.. as all of mine seem to have either drifted away, or I decided they were not the people I wanted in my life after all...but I'm not having much luck finding one that speaks to me so far. I did, however, find a picture of a lady with gorgeous dreadlocks (which I've been dreaming of having for over a year now)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM

goodness, there is no way i'm going to get this done before the new moon ends. i will just probably have to keep working on it piecemeal. i have a test tomorrow morning that i haven't even *looked* at the material yet, and it's supposed to be one of the harder tests yikes!

i guess i'm going to go clean up the room i've been working in-- the babysitter stays there on tues/thurs nights. i don't know where i'm going to put the stuff while she's here. i really feel kinda private about my map till it's done, and she's really nosy. :

oh well...i got lots done, but lots to go. i'm feeling rather minimal about it, and more wordy than last year. i'm still vague on What I Want about some areas, but i'm just putting down what calls to me. i'm sure it'll turn out fine, though i'm not feeling as awesome about it as last year. i think that's mostly cause i'm in this class and i'm SO time constricted! but i'm sure it'll be fine anyway.

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-07-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
I really didn't want to get magazines and collage, though. I had a really hard time finding images last year. I figured I'd use google search for images and create a digital map this year. Unfortuantely, google images you have to know exactly what image you want to search for it, then you get thousands of hits and the perfect one is probably a few hundred pages in. I managed to get a few things that really work for me...& now I'm having trouble figuring out how to put them in one image..*sigh*
I find google images hard to deal with as well, cause there's so many images and some aren't related to your search at all. another good place to find images for digital collages is here. It's a free stock image site and has lotsa interesting stuff, indexed by many search words, so you can search for say...red heart flower and probably find something.

good luck!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 PM

lots of creative ideas! clay~i love the mobile idea!

i was feeling uninspired earlier... there was a lot of negative energy around this morning here:... but i did some cleansing, and then inspiration came in a most unlikely form and connected with some other thoughts that have been floating around half formed in my little head, and *lightbulb* i have my plan.

so, a lot of us are finding we're drawn off the usual path... is that because of the year 1 thing? or...?? either way, i'm enjoying it-- and sharing this with you all!

(ps~ cari, i'm on the look out for a girlfriends image too... if i find one, i'll let you know!)
Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 PM

First question, is health stuff supposed to go in the middle (yellow) or the left middle (green)?

I've just started. Here's what I have so far. I bolded the stuff I still need to work on.

1/Purple: an abundance check, a dollar sign with a diploma on it, and a bible verse talking about building up treasures in heaven

2/Red: the word happiness and the phrase "be empowered"; need: pictures? other words?

3/Pink: the phrase "marry me" because I'd like to get engaged, 2 hands holding a heart, and the words "love and respect"

4/Green: a Dad/daughter picture, need: a lot!

5/Yellow: all of my healthy body/eating stuff is here, plus a picture of me and 2 quotes about life

6/White: nothing, need: everything! I'm not creative (nor have the desire to be... except it would be nice to get this figured out) and I don't have kids (and I don't want any in the next year). What should I put here?

7/Blue: the phrases, "take charge", "make yourself a promise today", and "take time out for yourself". I'm not particularly devoted to any of those 3, but they seem to fit. Need: pictures?

8/Black: a picture of reaching for the stars (would that be more fitting in the blue section?), the word transition (because I'm transition from student to employed person), an alumni sticker from my school (because I'm graduating)

9/Gray: the words "home is where the heart is" to signify that I will travel and be happy anywhere, and the phrase "angels are watching over me".

I've gone through my magazines. Nothing else is sticking out for me. I think the problem is that I don't really know what I want in my life in those sections. *sigh* Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 PM

Finally subbing.

I'm just now starting mine, although i didn't think we all would make it this year. We've had a rough end of the last phase and gotten rid of a BIG emotional/financial yuck right before the Aries new moon, which was, coincidentally, connected to DP's map and mine from last year.

My 6yo dd is so excited she made her map this year by drawing pictures of everything she wants. And then, she went and drew our kitten's treasure map! Our kitty wants to go outside, a bigger cat bed, and more toys, including a ball with little toy mice inside.

Off to focus my mind and get mine on paper.

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 PM

I'm doing digital ( can not fford to buy magazines right now) and then I'll have it printed wednesday and i'll put it all together that afternoon. I found a few sites that felt really good because I really want to focus on making my house a home in all respects so I've found some pictures off Real Simple's website and here http://www.pathtofreedom.com/pathproject/ plus I plan to add some spiritual stuff because that has become very important to me. Anyone have sites that focus on earthy,friendly, simple design? Anything involving blues and greens but not to modern a design. I want it to symbolize warm and plenty. I'm very much focused on my home and my family right now.

:
Old 04-08-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

I almost want to cut it out and hang it as a spiral that can move/spin in the air. Any reason why I shouldn't? I feel like the movement would help both draw my attention to it and, well, "keep things moving" so to speak.
I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I've been looking for an image that would represent girlfriends.. as all of mine seem to have either drifted away, or I decided they were not the people I wanted in my life after all..
Eeep. I just Google Image "girlfriends" to see what I could find for you and : not so much what you had in mind, I think! Of course, you could go with an oldie but a goodie!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
Old 04-08-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I've been looking for an image that would represent girlfriends.. as all of mine seem to have either drifted away, or I decided they were not the people I wanted in my life after all...but I'm not having much luck finding one that speaks to me so far. I did, however, find a picture of a lady with gorgeous dreadlocks (which I've been dreaming of having for over a year now)
http://www.sandestin.com/Portals/2/P...%20Package.jpg
http://www.dailypainters.com/images/...ay_special.jpg
http://paper-and-ink.blogspot.com/20...rlfriends.html
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth...irlfriends.jpg
http://www.woleart.com/images/greeti...irlfriends.jpg
http://www.sandyrobinson.com/girlfriends.html
http://melodyross.typepad.com/my_web...irlfriends.jpg
http://www.thepajamaparty.info/image...irlfriends.gif

:
Old 04-08-2008, 01:41 AM

I did it. I ended up with something very basic--I don't think I actually want that much, to be honest. Romance is important--I have some beautiful romantic images and I also really want peace, so I have some tranquil images. Then I wrote some things out on colored note cards to remind myself of what I need to focus on every day.

I didn't do a map last year, but last January I started working with the power of postitive intention and it made a huge, huge difference in my life. Seriously, better relationships, better job, better health...so let's see what this treasure map does!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skim View Post
My 6yo dd is so excited she made her map this year by drawing pictures of everything she wants. And then, she went and drew our kitten's treasure map! Our kitty wants to go outside, a bigger cat bed, and more toys, including a ball with little toy mice inside.
That is so cute!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 AM

CariOfOz - I had the same desire and I have several images. Email me at chasmyn AT gmail DOT com and I'l email them all to you.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 AM

I think my MAP is finished!

Behold!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 AM

Quote:

That is adorable
Old 04-08-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:

That is adorable
Old 04-08-2008, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Awesome map!

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
Old 04-08-2008, 04:44 AM

Creating files now that I can take and have printed. I am so excited about this.

:
Old 04-08-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
CariOfOz - I had the same desire and I have several images. Email me at chasmyn AT gmail DOT com and I'l email them all to you.
Thanks Chasmyn.. I found one that fits me pretty well I think (a group of ladies walking away, drawn/not photo, wearing maxi dresses & funky hats )

Oh man some of those are just GREAT! I've got mine, but hopefully aweyn or one of the other friend wanting mama's will be able to use them
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
I think my MAP is finished!

Behold!
That map rawks! Can I come visit in your cob home this time next year??? :

I've done most of the gluing .. written a couple of affirmations, will be polishing it up tonight I think, after the hubby goes to work and all kidlets are in bed

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 04-08-2008, 06:07 AM

Love the maps Chasmyn & FoG :

Does anyone else do really wordy maps? I'm really drawn to affirmations and lots of other cut out words this year
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 AM

I am so tired but i have these ideas spinning through my head and I really want to sit down and start cutting and gluing. I don't think I can wait till wednesday to go to the library. This spiral thing is really appealing to me and I know exactly what picture to put at the center; one of hands holding a seedling which for me means new growth and new beginnings.

:
Old 04-08-2008, 07:25 AM

i'm afraid to think happy thoughts because ebery time i do, something nasty happens... but i need to do a map more than ever this year. any suggestions? i am totally at a loss...

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
Old 04-08-2008, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Ugh, I just can't get motivated. I just feel completely turned off and annoyed. I was all inspired and feeling awesome on Saturday, but Sunday when I went to the store to buy magazines they didn't have one thing that inspired me. And I've been stuck ever since.

This is really frustrating. I need to turn this around.
I am feeling the same way. I went out and bought magazines Sunday morning (I am in the eastern time zone) I was feeling inspired, and thought cool things were happening (I wanted one of those free real estate magazines because I wanted a real estate sign with the word SOLD over it, while I was driving and thinking that I really needed to find one, I looked to my left, and there was a bunch of the dispensers, right there. I didn't find the picture I wanted, but they inspried me to photoshop a picture of a house we are trying to sell, so it all worked out!!!)
Then I got home, and of the five magazines I bought, I found only four pictures. I didn't cut out any words though, and then I can't decide on the background colors, etc.
I think I am tripping myself up with trying to follow the baguas and I think I need to just do something more free form and go for it. Gotta do it tonight.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I made my first map in 1996 so this is my 12th map. As you can imagine I have had all kinds of different energies with each map. Some have been more productive than others. But a lot of it was probably my intent. But none of them were wrong. if that makes sense.

If any of you are struggling, please be gentle with yourself. this is suppose to be a fun project. One thing that may be going on, is the very nature of Aries. This is the Aries new moon, and Aries is proactive, gets things done, fiery....on-it-doggone-it. But and this is a big but... it is all about Self. It is focused on self.

A lot of the people on this board are focused on others. Focused on their children, their husbands, their friends, their families.. They are outward bound. And to get down and just stay focuse on Self, is a real muscle. And I think some of you are reacting to it. This is like asking a person who has not exercised a day this year to go out and run a marathon.

So my suggestion is to take this in steps. Just focus on one thing, right now that you know you would like during the next twelve months. Look for pictures of it in magazines or the internet. Or if you think you can draw it, then do that. After you have gotten that one together then you can move on to the next subject.

I am really putting the energy out there to you guys to do this. Don't blow off the map because your energy doesn't feel right. That's not good enough this Treasure Map year. You guys know I know shit about astrology and I'm begging you to not waste the energy between Saturn and Pluto. They are are forming something very close to a perfect trine. It won't be exact but it is as close as it is going to get on this new moon. The next time these two get close to each other in an earth sign is in 2020. Take this energy and get your visions together.

And if you are still blocked..then go back and take a minute and reflect on deserve. "I deserve my desires and welcome them effortlessly."

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ideally your maps will be finished during the New Phase of Aries Moon. Which ends tomorrow April 9 2:22am PDT.

But as I have seen in previous years, If you need a little more time than you can take it up through First quarter. Which gives you until April 16 4:23am PDT.

I'm not encouraging you to take more time, I'm just saying that if you don't think you can finish it, you can give yourself more time.

Remember Aries is a fast moving energy...that's part of the reason why finishing it on New is the best solution. But it is not the only one.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

User Tag List