Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, darn.. I made a long post and it didn't stick.

ARgh. Now I have to run out the door.

Listen, Eilonwy, you need to do a quick visualization. The thinking that if you ask for something good and you get nasty stuff as a result needs to be dissolved. That thinking is not helpful for your treasure map and it is totally not helpful for your life and your future in general. It needs to be replaced.
I'm not saying that you are wrong by the way.. I have been there where you have been.. but it took tons of therapy and self awareness workshops and all kinds of thinngs but I broke that pattern.

Here's somethign I am going to offer up.

Do the following visualization. Perhaps in the shower, perhaps in the bedroom. It does not matter where you do it and it should not take too long.. you can do it in a few minutes.

Visualize yourself going way off in the future when you are old and on your death bed. See yourself. And from that vantage point see the Old Eilonwy looking back in time to 2008 and she can see the 2008 Eilonwy. And the old Eilonwy talks to the 2008 Eilonwy and says, "This was the year that my life changed. It was the year that I really understood I deserved a lot more love and good things. When I got that message, it began a whole wonderful life of good affirming experiernces." "2008 was the seminal year of big great changes for me." "I am so grateful for 2008, I built my first really great Treasure map and brought in good things."

After you do that, then build your Treasure Map.

Let's break the habit of bad things happen when I want good. end it on Aries new moon.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#182 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Tracy! You're the Greatest!
I was one of the ones with wonky energy last year, but this year is so different...I feel great about my treasure map. I really appreciate all of the time you put into this for all of us.:
#183 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 12:48 PM

I did a Treasure Map last year, and though some things took longer than others.. every single. thing. on my map came to fruitation. A few things were not the EXACT that I was looking for, but in hindsight they were better than what I had in my mind. Many things were huge things like another baby, a new home, a new vehicle, etc..

Needless to say since some of those things are quite recent, life has been crazy! I don't want to pass this year up, so I'm going to be jumping on board here and mostly likely finishing with the "late" crowd. Since I was also late last year, I'm confident that it will fine. I've been spending the last few weeks thinking about what I want/need and what I'll include this year on my map. Now just to get the magazines and spend a night with the family cutting/pasting and dreaming.

Though I have considerably less needs this year, the whole family loved the positive energy the map provided us. We just can't wait to do it again. My daughter even made her own map and one of the things she wrote on hers was, "Spend more time with nature." Well well well..... guess who she moved in with full time last October? Yep! Her Mama! Me! (Nature! ) The Universe works in sneaky ways!

Soooo just wanted to give a shout out to all those who are doing a TM this year.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#184 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
And if you are still blocked..then go back and take a minute and reflect on deserve. "I deserve my desires and welcome them effortlessly."
I am writing that out and putting it above my desk so I can look at it all day before going home to do my treasure map. It is really helpful, I think that part of me was thinking I don't deserve to ask for these things, but I do.
#185 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 01:10 PM

I did it! I was so excited to do this but oddly had a very hard time finding inspiration and deciding what sort of things to put on it. I worked in fits and starts.
Tracy, I like your analogy of flexing our selfishness muscles, looking back that is what it felt like. Training sessions to build up to the big push last night.

Yesterday had some rougher moments but by evening time and putting DS to bed I was feeling great and things were going well. I sat down with my supplies, kept the clippings i had in the same categories but scrapped the layout I had tentatively set up, and went back to the magazines.

The whole thing just flowed at that point. I worked straight through a few hours and felt it for sure when I glued down the last piece. Then I sat and stared at it for about an hour! I'll put one more coat on it today to seal it up.

I'll try to get some pics up if I can figure out how. Mine is very busy-almost chaotic looking compared to some of these simpler ones you all are making. There is all sorts of stuff on there that I don't understand and can't figure out why I liked it so much or what it could possibly mean, but those things are there.

I am glad I made it a priority to do the map this year, it is my first one and I enjoyed it.

Nature-I put something on mine about connecting my son with nature. Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up being neighbors or something? lol.
#186 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM

So there is one more day to make the treasure maps correct?! I have a question...I am very torn with what I want this year. I feel like I know deep in my heart what I want the most but I don't know if it will happen. Should I put it anyway even if I am not sure that it has a chance of happening? There is one specific thing I want this year and I don't know if I should focus on mainly that. Is it ok to just have a few things on the treasure map or should it be broader and have more things on it?!
#187 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 PM

Well i did it! or most of it, i really didnt feel called to do any pictures at all, i was putting of doing it because i wanted the house to be perfect, but i realised i just needed to get something down. So i wrote a little book of affirmations, hopes and dreams, i will decorate it tomorrow abstractly. I kind of like it, and at least i have something, i really put a lot of effort into thinking about what i wanted to include though so i guess that is the most important thing. I hope it looks nice once it is done though, i am going to include some tarot card images though, as they are really speaking to me at the moment.
#188 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oops.

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

#189 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 03:46 PM

i've got the idea of my affirmations down:

home

"i am a fierce de-clutter-er"

(i totally stole that from somebody on here and i don't even remember who it was to give credit )

"my home is a peaceful quiet sanctuary for my soul "

"i own the home of my dreams "

family

"i am loving gentle nurturing supportive and open with kurt and the kids"

"we resolve conflict easily through peaceful open communication and compromise "

work

"I am continuing to exceed expectations"

"i enjoy my customers and co-workers"

world

"i am a helper"

"i find positivity in all my interactions"

spirit

"i attend sunday meetings at the kingdome hall"

"i read the bible every day"

"i am so proud of reading the bible all the way through this year"

........no time to cover everything right this minute but i'll edit this post later tonite
#190 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 04:07 PM

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7764770...7604446091763/
this is hannas she is 8 loves fairies and is always wanting them to talk to her.
and here is mine
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7764770...7604441503780/

this has been fun and therapeutic for me!
Blessings~
Heather

one love

#191 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Yea! I finished my map this morning. Got a bunch of great supplies last night, new gluestick, scrapbook lettering, they have a bunch of cool quotes and phrases for scrapbooking now so I picked up some great ones. I printed out some pics from the net and cut some photos from magazines.

Came out how I had envisioned it, and it feels great. My focus this year is to learn more about my ancestors and bring my religious research into action, expanding my spiritual life. I threw in a little health, prosperity and abundance too

Here is my treasure map, posted on my momspace
#192 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 04:16 PM

I'm done! Bounce bounce wiggle wiggle w00t!

I decided against the "spinning spiral" space mostly because many of the images I liked were just "too big" to create the sort of spinning image I had in mind.

I'll try to post a picture, but I took a few and none really came out well. Basically I drew myself as a tree with the images in the branches/supporting the trunk. The "tree me" is possibly pregnant, possibly just full of life (since my dh and I are still debating the rightness of our family size I sort of wanted to leave the door open for another babe while still bringing in the fullfillment of our family if this is the size we're meant to be).

I was having a lot of trouble finding images of girlfriends (no printer right now, so it had to be in a magazine) and I just couldn't find anything that seemed to speak to sexual healing/relationship/togetherness. So I did dig through a few older magazines... I didn't get them this moon, but they (5 years of Bust magazine) were a gift from a friend I really admire and were "new to me" so I'm happy with the energy they bring to the mix. Anyway, I realized that instead of focusing on images of "happy partners" I needed to focus on images of happy/sexually involved me. Ok, so maybe obvious to everyone else3, but it was a bit of a breakthrough for me! So I grabbed a few images of women who are so absolutely loving their bodies and just being themselves in a fun and outrageous way. I figure if I am loving myself then that will spill over into accepting love and giving love and generally just being in a better place all round.

Ok... let's see if I can find a picture where the flash hasn't washed out everything.

Random- the mags I used were Mothering (current and older issues), Bust (older issues), Spin Off, Cottage Living, Country Homes (british version), Vegetarian Times, and Body + Soul.

Here we go... best I can do, it's hard to see the pencil drawn "tree me". Maybe I'll go over it in ink? http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2399350522/

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#193 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 04:20 PM

Might I make a suggestion? Feel free to ignore it, it's your map of course!

Using the word 'clutter' in your affirmation focuses on the clutter - so instead you might say something like, "My home is organized and clear," for example. then it is focused on what you DO want.
#194 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Yay, thanks for sharing those, Hannah! I LOVE seeing everyone's maps!
#195 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 04:23 PM

Great maps um hanna, isn't it amazing for our kids to be doing these :
#196 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 05:13 PM

Almost forgot DD1 (3yo this week!) wanted to "make a picture" too. Here's her very first TM.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2398600295/

It says "camping" twice because she wanted a normal camping and a really big camping... and she picked out images of Acadia and I know dh has been wanting to get there for a while. She was very specific about having a boat (and people in safe boating gear ). Oh, the background fountain is in Quebec, but she called it "disney dvd" so we'll see about that. Either way, I think I see road trips in our future!

She couldn't explain the apples (but she wanted three of them) or the duckies. So I don't know what to expect there. Last week she asked for a baby brother and a "really really big dog" so maybe she decided apples and ducks would do?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#197 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 05:13 PM

My map is done :

Only have camera phone so pics not the best but wanted to share

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7334404...7604446632361/

ds1 has made a map too, I will take pics of it tomorrow

Thank you to everyone here, especially Tracy : this is my second year TMing and it such an amazing and inspiring experience.

Wombatclay love your dds
#198 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 05:34 PM

I'm loving everyone's maps! It's so nice to see them - thanks for sharing everyone.

wombatclay - your dd's map is so cute!
#199 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
wombatclay - your dd's map is so cute!
Thanks! She had a blast (so did I). It was a sort of joint map...on Sunday she selected a Ladybug magazine and the Vegetarian Times (in part because she really liked those apples!), and picked out a piece of blue paper at the craft store.

Then I asked her what she wanted to do during the coming year... she'd give me a word or two, like "camping with trees and dada" and I'd flip through the magazines with her until we found a picture that she liked and that "matched" what she had told me. And sometimes as we flipped through she'd see a picture (the ducks and the fountain for example) and want that as well.

I cut things out and put glue on them, then she arranged them on the paper she selected. Then she asked me to add words... violin since we couldn't find a picture of one and she wants to learn to play violin like one of her friends, camping!, and CAMPING with lots of lines (the "big" camping ).

I asked her what else she wanted (picture or words) and she actually told me "That's enough" so that's where we stopped. I can't wait to see how her map manifests!

#200 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM

I'm done!! I love love love this year's map. I can't wait to see it every morning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22488190@N06/
#201 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Yay, thanks for sharing those, Hannah! I LOVE seeing everyone's maps!

I loved doing them and thanks for letting me share

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Great maps um hanna, isn't it amazing for our kids to be doing these :
Yes, Im grateful for being able to expose them to the great knowledge I have absorbed from great wise womyn
Blessings~
Heather

one love

#202 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM

I am enjoying everyone's maps so much!!! Mine is almost done. I thought I had finished it, but when I looked at the final product I realized it was missing a sense of fearlessness that I really want to embody. So I was going to find a way to write on the black background in different parts of the map, "Fearless!" Then I started worrying that I shouldn't use a word that has an implied negative. OTOH, words like "courageous" and "brave" aren't expressing what I mean. I get courageousness...acting with courage in spite of fear. What I want to express is the lack of fear. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? Any ideas about a word that will express this? TIA!
#203 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 08:45 PM

Boldness? Being bold?

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#204 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 PM

Thanks, Queen of Cups. After I posted I went to thesaurus.com and found "bodacious."

1.thorough; blatant; unmistakable.
2.remarkable; outstanding.
3.audacious; bold or brazen.

I think that says it pretty well. Not as well as fearless, but that's okay.
#205 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 PM

I have finished the map (I'll post it later if I can).

I have no idea how I will get to many of the things on my map, but it feels so good just to look at things I have outlined for myself, I really begin to think impossible is possible somehow.

I'm picturing some of the images even as I'm driving, or cooking, etc. I've always known what I wanted, but the map helps you zoom in on various goals on different days. Anyone else knows what I'm talking about? This is my first year, and I'm hooked... it's been only a couple of days, but I still can't get over how good it feels just to have this map in front of me.

P.S. Where are you positioning your map?

P.P.S. I have a secret... I placed a picture of The Kiss by Klimt, and drew a ring on a ring-finger of the woman in the pictures. You can't really see it unless you know that it's there.... Let's see if it will work

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#206 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I'm done!! I love love love this year's map. I can't wait to see it every morning.

Love the pig!
Looks great overall.

#207 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
I have finished the map (I'll post it later if I can).

I have no idea how I will get to many of the things on my map, but it feels so good just to look at things I have outlined for myself, I really begin to think impossible is possible somehow.

I'm picturing some of the images even as I'm driving, or cooking, etc. I've always known what I wanted, but the map helps you zoom in on various goals on different days. Anyone else knows what I'm talking about? This is my first year, and I'm hooked... it's been only a couple of days, but I still can't get over how good it feels just to have this map in front of me.

P.S. Where are you positioning your map?

P.P.S. I have a secret... I placed a picture of The Kiss by Klimt, and drew a ring on a ring-finger of the woman in the pictures. You can't really see it unless you know that it's there.... Let's see if it will work
oh, what a lovely image (and nice going with the stealth ring.) I have a picture of a "romantic" sculpture on mine:

last year I had pictures of couples, but this year I didn't want photos of other people.
#208 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
oh, what a lovely image (and nice going with the stealth ring.) I have a picture of a "romantic" sculpture on mine:

last year I had pictures of couples, but this year I didn't want photos of other people.
I know what you are talking about! nothing with photos of other people looked right to me, except for one with The Gilmore Girls (for me and DSD ). I think it might be because we actually watched the show together. Other than that, I only liked drawings, sculptures, or paintings. I've always like "The Kiss", and I rememebered about it just in time for the treasure map.

#209 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Well almost done! This has been a very interesting process. I wrote previously that I felt the need to have separate maps not one big one and water coloured some backgrounds. But I felt blocked, I had a stack of magazines etc but not a single image or word spoke to me. I was feeling defeated for sure. Today I decided to get out of the house, met with a friend at the dollar store to buy some more glue etc and chat a bit. Then went to a scrapbook store and felt drawn to certain papers. I decided to listen to that voice to buy them even though I have a ton of scrapbook paper at home. WHen I got home I knew these papers were for my TM, so I gave the kids my water coloured papers and they made me some lovely pictures to hang up and the creative juices jsut started flowing. I have completely finished 4 parts, and cut the peices out for the rest. I have felt very very drawn to words more than images, though the images I have are great. I had a hard time with affirmations but when I read the ones people listed on here they spoke to me so I stole them *sheepish* Just taking a break to eat and I will be finished shortly after. The kids think they are pretty neat so they will likely do one when I am done with my magazines. This has been such a learning experience. ANd the fact that I had not one but 2 false starts and had to switch papers was different for me.

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:
#210 of 455 Old 04-08-2008, 09:45 PM

Oriole, I have felt drawn to attach my map(s) to my ceiling above my bed of all places. On a positive it will be the first thing I see when I wake up and before I go to sleep. Also my bed is a hub in the house so to speak, I have a family bed so it is a place where we reconnect etc so it could be why I feel energy for that space.

Hey question for you ladies out there, do you ever take you map with you when you travel? I have a trip I leave for on Thursday so I am curious with the energy of it being so very brand new I feel like I should take it with me

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page