Official Treasure Map --2008 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I had a miscarriage on the night of the new moon. One of the things I want to put on my treasure map is a healthy, 9-month-long pregnancy with a healthy baby.

Number 1, I am struggling with my state of mind surrounding the miscarriage. It seems to be all I can think about and that was reflected in what I cut out of my magazines today. Should I wait?
Number 2, how do I word my affirmation that I will become pregnant again soon and that my baby will be born healthy?

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#242 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Burtsgirl- I almost used one of the same images you have! (girl from the back, jumping outside in the sun)

Question for wise manifesting mamas- So, I drew the "self/me" portion of my map using pencil. And I really like the sort of earthy feel the pencil has and the way it sort of fades into everything at the edges. However, the magazine images are all so bright and clear cut I almost feel like the "me" has faded into the background?

Would you suggest that I go over the image in ink to make it stand out more? I don't want to fade into the background of my own life so to speak, but I also don't want to lose the sense of earth/open/connected I get from the pencil. Ideas? Opinion?

Thanks!

(and so you don't have to scroll back a few pages, the map is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2399350522/ )
I'm not sure of how the universe will see it - I'm not an expert on that stuff - but I saw the tree as this very strong center supporting everything that you wanted, quietly and calmly benefiting from it, or allowing it all to flow outward from that center. That's exactly what I thought when I looked at it yesterday.

#243 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:16 PM

Mine is almost finished. I am working steadily on it, but of course I am struggling with having a good state of mind to work on it. I printed off some good stuff from the internet and I'm headed out today to get a couple more magazines. I can't wait to show you guys my finished map!
#244 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Mine is almost finished. I am working steadily on it, but of course I am struggling with having a good state of mind to work on it. I printed off some good stuff from the internet and I'm headed out today to get a couple more magazines. I can't wait to show you guys my finished map!

: :
#245 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:18 PM

Wonderful maps everyone!! I finished my map yesterday, I worked on it with my DD. It is a lot smaller and simpler than the map I made last year but I think I have more specific wishes for this year which is good because last year was one of the hardest years of my life so this year the main thing I want is to feel happy and at peace with my life and the direction it is heading.
#246 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:20 PM

Here is ds1s map, he just turned 6 and did this all by himself, he looked at mine to copy the colours and then did all the colour mixing. He is really into magic and treasure island adventures atm, he had a blast :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7334404@N02/2400522071/
#247 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
#248 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritMama View Post
Here is ds1s map, he just turned 6 and did this all by himself, he looked at mine to copy the colours and then did all the colour mixing. He is really into magic and treasure island adventures atm, he had a blast :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7334404@N02/2400522071/
very cute!
#249 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:39 PM

I finished mine today, I'll come back later with some pics. I love looking at all the maps, very inspiring.
#250 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:43 PM

I really love the maps by the kiddos... they have such great energy and joy and sense of fun!

Thanks for the ideas all... I think I might leave it the way it is and if things seem to be "fading" I'll add some darker ink or maybe a charcoal.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#251 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM

All righty. My internet mysteriously crapped out on me yesterday, but I spent all day working and finally got it finished. I love it.

http://www.annakiss.com/uploaded_ima...opy-740852.jpg

details:
Abundance
Fame/Reputation
Relationship
Family
Health
Creativity
Self-Knowledge & Travel
Work
Helpful People

For the affirmations, read the flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429751...7604461441465/

#252 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 PM

annakiss- very cool!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#253 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 05:09 PM

Well, I did mine... it is almost all affirmations, written in the grid formation, but then I traced my hand and continued writing inside of it... so I've got a ring (two?) and some palm-lines o affirmations. It doesn't look like anything else I've seen, but Ido feel like it's complete. I may copy it to a more 'solid' paper later today, but I think it's all right. I'm working on deserving my desires this year...

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#254 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 PM

So a big theme for this year's map was putting the financial puzzle pieces together for my business and today my accountant called said "You have to incorporate. Let's do it as of May 1." Then my financial planner sent me the paperwork to set up my IRA which I'd been wanted to do since last year.

The universe loves speed!
#255 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 06:32 PM

I can post finally... Here is mine
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25497445@N07/2401987866/

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#256 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 PM

that's really nice... the cards blend in really well!

#257 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM

I posted a long post yesterday and it got lost. Kind of cool though cause as I was typing it was almost cleansing for me and as I hit submit, I was like eh - does anyone really need to know that? But I submit it as I am a serial post and delete before submitting kind of gal. Woo. Anyway - I'm seeing mySelf "louder" this year and having a voice, something I've lost along the way. Anyway, the post disappeared. I thought it was ironic.

Anyway, I posted that I went on a retreat for the weekend before treasuremapping with a friend. We both made first maps last year and went to a spiritual retreat on the water (Mercy By The Sea for anyone in CT - fantastic!)

Decluttered for months, really cleansed some emotions. Finished my map mid afternoon yesterday and it flowed together so well - I LOVE IT! Feels so right and so what I wanted. I tried not to plan it before but open myself for the newness of what is to come. I rarely get complements on clothes/jewelry/self. Today a preschool mom, the librarian I see all the time, a woman in Whole Foods, and a nurse at work paid me the most beautiful physical complements. I am enrolled in the post-partum certificate I've put off for months (mostly $) as of tonight, and got random emails and placed a couple of phone calls about big projects I've dreamt about coordinating. Also, last night found out my workplace has a job in family development/ parenting skills that might fit my needs perfectly. Yes! The universe is speedy!

Thank you Tracy for introducing me to this wonderful world of self-exploration. Your posts were a catalyst and I thank you.

DreamsinDigital - I am so sorry for your loss. I've been there. Take care of yourself.

I don't remember seeing talk of putting a picture of yourself in the middle this year but seem to remember that from last year. I did put a happy and inspired me in the middle of mine and never did last year. Do I remember this right?
#258 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
Beautiful! can we get a close up of the ring?

Farmlife, yes, I put a photo of myself in the middle of my map.
#259 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Beautiful! can we get a close up of the ring?
You won't be able to see it with a scan... I just tried to magnify, and the resolution is just not good enough *shrug* But the lead of the pencil makes it shine on the original when the light is on in the room

#260 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 PM

I love my job (teaching 6th grade math). However, the day after I completed my TM on my way to work something clicked - I need a new job. I spend 1.5 hrs commuting every day, and it doesn't really bother me, except for the gas and general wear on the car.

I have wonderful co-workers, supportive principal, I thrive on working with kids, I can tell they love me; and trust me when I tell you, it goes both ways...

Now... I realized that I will not stay there forever with such commute, but I planned on staying there for one more year at the very least, and now all of a sudden I have this urge to look for something else (?)

And there was something else... As I'm walking into the school in the morning thinking about this new urgent desire to look for another position, one of the retiring teachers comes up to me and says if I ever need a letter of recommendation, he'd be delighted to provide one for me. Just like that. I never talked of quitting to anyone!

It's a perfect place for me in every sense, except for location and salary (this is one of the low income districts with very low pay scale). I am tempted to go into the principal's office tomorrow morning and let him know that I'd like to sign a contract for next year, but to make him aware that I might not be back, and to ask for a letter of recommendations (which I'm very certain he'll kindly provide for me). This feels like such a right thing to do, that I'm not sure I'm even asking for an advice here...

It's more of a "has this happened to you?" And "what came out of it?" Because I think I'm about to either do something great for my career or something really-really *gulp* stupid!

#261 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Finished mine today. I put it together on orange construction paper. I didn't use a lot of magazine pictures but went for more pictures I found online. I just didn't seem to find many magazines that seemed right. I also put pictures of myself, my dh and I, my children and our whole family on it.

The biggest dilema is where to put it so I can look at everyday. It is very personal so I don't really want it just hanging out. I am going to have to think on this.
#262 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 PM

Rhonwyn - I had trouble finding a spot for mine too. I have some things on mine that not everyone knows about in my life and I didn't want it out there for guests to see, so I put it on the back on my library door. So when I'm in there to meditate or read, I can look at it but it's hidden if someone just walks in.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#263 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Sorry if this has already been discussed in depth (I've tried to keep up with the thread - honest!), but Rhonwyn's post made me wonder where everyone's putting their maps? My map is hanging on the wall in front of my sewing machine - my big hobby is quilting, so I spend a lot of time in front of the sewing machine. DH and I did a Treasure Map for our business and we have it propped against the wall in our office. It turned out so nice that I think I'm going to get a frame for it, so it will match with the rest of our "business" decor in there.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#264 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed in depth (I've tried to keep up with the thread - honest!), but Rhonwyn's post made me wonder where everyone's putting their maps? My map is hanging on the wall in front of my sewing machine - my big hobby is quilting, so I spend a lot of time in front of the sewing machine. DH and I did a Treasure Map for our business and we have it propped against the wall in our office. It turned out so nice that I think I'm going to get a frame for it, so it will match with the rest of our "business" decor in there.

Mine is on the ceiling above my bed

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:
#265 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
I put mine inside of my brand new journal (it's a big sketch book size journal). I just finished last years journal and it was exciting to start a new one on the new moon with my new TM!
#266 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm really curious to hear from any mommas out there who have done TMs before and had really *intense* times making them... i'm curious if those "intense" maps turned out any differently from other less intense maps... ?

I did one last year, and every thing just flowed. It was easy, easy going, and i was really focused without being driven.

This year... wow. I am EXHAUSTED. i'm just drained. it was like pulling teeth, i kept changing my mind, i kept re-wording things, coming up with totally new things that just had to be on it that were not things i'd even thought about before this weekend.... granted, it was a wild weekend completely aside from TMing, but still. the flavor of this year's mapping experience is so drastically different from last year's. (my map last year had great results, btw...).

? anyone else?
#267 of 455 Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I put mine above my sewing machine too. We keep the door to that room closed so the kids don't get into things, but it will be front and center for me when I get bits and pieces of time to sew.

Question for the experts here: does the energy of a tm sometimes open up things that weren't specifically on the map since the energy is flowing? I got a call today from a school we want to send dd to but we can't afford. The principal offered me a job teaching Spanish one day a week in exchange for her tuition! The only part of my map that this could even fit in was the affirmation: "My cup is full in every way. I am grateful for the many blessings in my life." Well, two more might be related too: " I am surrounded by loving, supportive and positive people who enrich my life and enliven my spirit." and "I am brilliant and energetic. My imagination is boundless and my projects come together well" (this one I borrowed).

I'm just blown away from this. I met with the principal for about an hour touring the school and mentioned I had a degree in Spanish b/c it turned out I knew her Spanish teacher from college. That teacher is looking for a full time position and will be leaving and put in a good word for me. I have never taught before, but I had been wanting to brush up on my Spanish, it is something I feel bad about letting slip away. Crazy.

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#268 of 455 Old 04-10-2008, 12:13 AM

mine is near the wall by my computer in the office i spend most of my day; lol

one love

#269 of 455 Old 04-10-2008, 12:42 AM

I'm finished!

I didn't end up following the feng shui baguas but instead let it unfold naturally. I hung it on my bedroom wall next to where I sleep so I will see it every morning when I wake up.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...%20map/013.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...%20map/017.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...%20map/016.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...%20map/015.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...%20map/014.jpg
#270 of 455 Old 04-10-2008, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Beautiful, DiD!

Blessings on your map....and fruition!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page