Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMama View Post
Here are my thoughts on what to do with the print:

...Of course, if you're in a clearing-out mode then you might want to get rid of the clutter/excess first and then go back to consider what to do with the print from your Dad.
Thank you. Great idea. I am planning to clear my clutter before making a decision about the print. It's a biiig print...and just not likely something I will frame and hang unless I have a home five times the size of my apartment at some point and find it fits in a helpers corner with a great need for adornment, kwim?

It also makes me sad. Yet I know that may change as my grief and healing process evolves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Guess who just registered for Feng Shui school?!?!?!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 01-20-2007, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
How exciting!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
I want to!! Where can I do that?!?!!?!?!?!?

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
Old 01-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Oooh, what's feng shui school?? Online? Very cool!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
I want to!! Where can I do that?!?!!?!?!?!?
It depends where you are. The woman from The Secret has an online course. I don't do well with those so this one is happening in NYC. The guy also teaches in Binghamton NY.

There are schools all over - just do a google search. Taryn Collins also has what looks like a wonderful intensive. I don't really want to fly to California though - even though I am *like totally sure* Tracy would welcome me with open arms.

Right? Right?
Old 01-20-2007, 03:45 PM

I thought interesting for those in the Southern Hemisphere (and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread)

Quote:
Before getting into feng shui more, I have a question: in the compass school, does living in the southern hemisphere cause north-south to be inverted, or not???

Quote:
Yes, living in the Southern Hemisphere do change things. I think in the south (south of the equator) you just turn the bagua (or paqua) around. has to do with magnetic north and such, but also the sun and seasons.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:
It depends where you are. The woman from The Secret has an online course. I don't do well with those so this one is happening in NYC. The guy also teaches in Binghamton NY.

There are schools all over - just do a google search. Taryn Collins also has what looks like a wonderful intensive. I don't really want to fly to California though - even though I am *like totally sure* Tracy would welcome me with open arms.

Right? Right?
Well- I'm good with online courses- but as for just googling- I'd be worried about getting some not so good feng shui school KWIM?

Old 01-20-2007, 03:57 PM

I know what you mean Ambrose, I had some reservations too. But the conclusion I cam to is it is what you make it. All, or most, schools offer their own "certification" - there is no standard as far as I can tell. If I attended Taryn's school, or the New England School of Feng Shu, or AmeriChi (the one I am going to) each one of them would have given me a certification from their particular school.

So - if you think about it, considering its a thousand-of-years-old-practice does a "board certification" really matter? To me, no.... because I think the certification thing is a construct of sorts. I think it is experience, coupled with learning, coupled with intuition and desire which make a good anything (doctors, accountants, feng shui consultants etc.).

That said, I think it is really important that you know the instructors have solid background and training. This particular school the teacher had studied with teachers whose names I recognize (Lillian Too for example). I also spoke with him to catch a personal vibe.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean Ambrose, I had some reservations too. But the conclusion I cam to is it is what you make it. All, or most, schools offer their own "certification" - there is no standard as far as I can tell. If I attended Taryn's school, or the New England School of Feng Shu, or AmeriChi (the one I am going to) each one of them would have given me a certification from their particular school.

So - if you think about it, considering its a thousand-of-years-old-practice does a "board certification" really matter? To me, no.... because I think the certification thing is a construct of sorts. I think it is experience, coupled with learning, coupled with intuition and desire which make a good anything (doctors, accountants, feng shui consultants etc.).

That said, I think it is really important that you know the instructors have solid background and training. This particular school the teacher had studied with teachers whose names I recognize (Lillian Too for example). I also spoke with him to catch a personal vibe.
Ah- good thinking- I haven't thought about it that way. .

On another note- DH and I are feng shui-ing today and tommarrow per his request and We were wondering what you all thought.

We have 2 beautiful pictures of a waterfall/ One is of a night setting and is deep blues and greens primarily. The other one is a daytime setting and is primarily regular greens with blue/teal going on. Since it is WATER I'm wondering where to put it. I don't want it to flush anything out or stagnate anything. But we really love these pictures and want to keep them as well as keep them together in the house.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:
WOO HOO! Go YOU!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:15 PM

[cross-posting in The Secret thread 'cause we LOA-ed this!]

Yay yay yay!!! We just found the PERFECT apartment!!!

:

It's so cute and little, one bedroom, but it's the perfect size for us-- we wanted to downsize so that it would be easier for me to keep an eye on my toddler and easier to clean while I have a toddler and a baby. The whole place had JUST been remodeled so it is a perfectly new, clean, remodeled kitchen and bath. The men who own the place just bought the place because it's where his mom was living and when it went up for sale he didn't want to take chances with who her landlord might be. They are really nice guys, very laidback, not your usual "landlord" types, and they live right next door. The walls are painted blues and yellows, which I love, but if we want to we can paint anything! The kitchen has cute tiling details. Most of the flooring is parkay-- one room is carpeted and the kitchen and bath are tiled. It somes with a brand new washer and dryer so we won't have to move our beat up old set! And, to top it all off, the rent is less than what we're paying now! (Talk about LOA . . . everything I wanted . . . )

So we noticed that it looks like part of one bagua is missing . . . I think the relationship bagua . . . but I know there are things we can do to fix that.

I'm so excited!

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 01-20-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
We have 2 beautiful pictures of a waterfall/ One is of a night setting and is deep blues and greens primarily. The other one is a daytime setting and is primarily regular greens with blue/teal going on. Since it is WATER I'm wondering where to put it. I don't want it to flush anything out or stagnate anything. But we really love these pictures and want to keep them as well as keep them together in the house.
Oh, I think I might finally be able to add to an answer! (I've been reading Feng Shui for Prosperity, and it is really as great as everyone has said!)

A waterfall can be a symbol of abundance, so I think this could be a great addition to the wealth area of your home.

It could also be used to balance another area that is lacking some of the water element, or has an over-abundance of fire and/or a lack of wood. (Trying to find a link that talks about elemental combinations...)

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 01-20-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

way to go, everyone!

I am so in love with all of you because it sounds like everyone is following their guts and reading their books and doing their work....and I can sit my fat ass over here and lurk!!

hurray.....hurray.. I manifested it!!!

Old 01-20-2007, 09:30 PM

Okay, so several FS books have been recommended here-- but if I were to BUY just one or two to help me FS my new apartment, which would you recommend (for a relative beginner but I don't mind really "getting into it" either)-- so which one or two books are most comprehensive/understandable?

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM

https://www.mothering.com/discussion...=1#post7074027

This was just getting too dizzy for me. So I went through ALL 3 THREADS, got as much recurrent info as I could and started a new thread.

Old 01-21-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
way to go, everyone!

I am so in love with all of you because it sounds like everyone is following their guts and reading their books and doing their work....and I can sit my fat ass over here and lurk!!

hurray.....hurray.. I manifested it!!!
laughup

So...now you have some time to manifest more love for your @ss!

Old 01-30-2007, 01:45 PM

I need some help.

I've finally gotten around to finding a floor plan of our house and laying the grid over it. I'm stuck on something:

If I include my attached garage, it puts my front door in # 5. The garage kind of juts out on the left side of the house.

If I DON'T include the attached garage, but move the grid up so that the front door falls in #8 then my numbers 1,2, and 3 fall under our screened in area - and #1 literally falls in the pool.
#2 falls on the pool deck
#3 falls in the covered screened area so that'd be okay, but do I really want to *lose* #s 1 and 2?

Am I making sense?

So, what do I do? Should I totally eliminate the garage and pool area and just concentrate on the house itself?
Old 02-02-2007, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

annikate.. go over to the other thread. You'll get more action.

Old 04-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Come share your Wise Ways of Women!! An LoA forum has manifested!! http://www.wisewaysofwomen.com/forums/index.php

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:11 AM

When I was totally Fen Shui-ing my house... what a great time in my life. I was listening to World Talk Radio: Feng Shui Radio. It was fabulous. My house looked fabulous. I looked great. I felt great. I had a glow in the pictures from that time in my life.

Since then I've gone on to study the work of V. Ganapati Sthapati whose from a lineage of sculptors. I learned of his work through Michael Borden in Iowa. www.vastu-design.com I highly recommend his dvds.

After studying both Feng Shui and Vastu, I feel that Feng Shui spun out of the ancient science of sacred geometry (which some call Vastu). I've gone on to learn so much about Vastu, and it's a very deeply enriching science. It has gone straight to my core.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:45 AM

Oooo Michelle, do you care to expound on your Vastu experiences? I am very interested in Vedic astrology also. I haven't really gone into Vastu at all, but I am getting ready to swap rooms in my house so this could be great timing.

If you had to share 5 great things about Vastu what would they be?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:52 AM

: Waiting to hear more about Vastu . . .

I was so excited to see this thread bumped up again!

It would be great to hear some updates rom people! As for us, we are on our third apartment since I first started posting on this thread-- we just moved in a couple of months ago so I am still trying to get things fixed up. In other words it's not quite right yet. This one we plan to stay in for a while.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:21 PM

Vastu:

It's different than Feng Shui in that it's not so much of a rectification of a dwelling you have. It's best to start fresh.

It's a very deep science and the actually construction is only a part of it. Basically you are building something very precisely so that the frequency of the building is life supporting and life enhancing--for healthy finances, emotions, physical well-being, etc.

Since we tune to buildings because they are so much larger than we are, it's important to know that what we are tuning to is actually a healthy vibration. (People love trees. Trees are good to tune to.) That within us is resonating with Nature.

So, first, it's important to get an architect who'll pick dimensions good for your family. You'll need someone like a jyotish to give you your nakshatra or birthstar or frequency.

The land is important. The area needs to be life supporting for humans ideally--not a desert meant for scorpions. Common sense, but people do tend build anywhere and everywhere these days. The question is, "What kind of lifeforce or energy is coming from the Earth there?"

And then the house is designed very carefully, with the front door in an exact place for the most ideal flow of energy. The windows and walls and doors are placed very exactly to keep the music of the house intact. You want everything to be harmonious and in tune with Nature and your divinity. The skilled person can do calculations to determine which direction(s) your house will face (front door).

There's an energy fence around the dwelling to keep the energy from dissapating.

This kind of building affects everyone and everything around it. It would be awesome if we could have them all over the planet. You can find this information at www.boloji.com where Michael Borden answers people's questions. His website is www.vastu-design.com or you can also learn more details from his dvd or from Dr. V. Ganapati Sthapati's book, BUILDING ARCHITECTURE OF STHAPATA VEDA, which explains so many details.

All of it makes such perfect sense. I've worked on a few structures with AUM S & T, and everything is built to the 1/16th of inch--dead on actually. It can be done. I've seen with my own eyes. It's all about precision and creating something with a it divine frequency.

From what I've heard and read, living in a structure like this leads to all kinds of great things in life. I really want to live in one (since 2001)! If you want to know anything else, I can probably look it up on Michael's website or in Dr. Sthapti's book. I've studied it for nearly two years. It's fascinating.

The stuff I've read in various coffee table books and on other websites is really different that the information I've gotten from Michael Borden and Dr. Sthapati.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:30 PM

While I know only a little bit about this divine science, I do know that what I have been told in the past is correct,. I just requested a Jupiter Yagya (ancient fire ritual ceremony) for dh, dd, dd, and myself with the David mentioned below. He was really kind and easy to work with. He arranged for 9 pundits to spend 7 or 8 hours doing the yagya for each of us. So, for a full day, 36 people were so kindly performing this for us. I'll let you know how this works out for us. And, even if you do not believe that planets have an influence over us, stop and observe your life and how everything from music to lighting in a store affects your being. Everything is a vibration. In physics and with tuning forks, you can see/hear/observe resonance.

Blaine: "On december 9 coming up, at 13:09 eastern time, jupiter will transit from sagittarius into capricorn. he has been in sagittarius since november 21 of 2007. sagittarius is his own sign so he has been comfortable and happy there.

Capricorn, however, is jupiter's debilitation sign. when a planet is debilitated it is considered weak, vulnerable, ineffective. Jupiter represents, among other things, intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, luck, affluence. he is said to be the teacher to the planets and to the gods. Some consider him to represent banks and banking. So logically we must assume that from december 9 of this year to december 19 of next year, the luck, wisdom and affluence of the world will be a bit debilitated.

he will be moving super fast for the first few months so it won't be all bad. from december 19 of this year to may 1 of next year he crosses the entire sign of capricorn and goes into aquarius on may 1. this is a bit of a miracle as it normally takes him one full year (12 months give or take a month or so) to cross a sign. from december 19 to may 1 he will be moving more than twice as fast as normal. in the next 6 months he will have touched 3 different signs. since he is moving so fast he will most likely not have a significant grip on the sign of capricorn and therefore the debilitating influence should be kept to a minimum.

On june 15 of next year, while in aquarius, he goes retrograde, that is, he appears to be moving backwards in the sky in relation to us. it is an optical illusion but it means that his speed slows to normal. he will be in aquarius until july 30 at which time he goes back into capricorn. he is still retrograde and remains in that condition until 0ctober 12 when he goes direct. still moving at normal speed he continues to be in capricorn until december 19 of 2009.

it's quite a dance and we don't see it very often. it won't be horrific. jupiter is considered by 100% of the pandits in india, to be the greatest benefic. he has the largest number of benefic transits in a person's chart producing positive results when he transits the 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th house from the moon or the rising sign. he produces somewhat positive results from the 1st, 4th and 10th and outright negative results only from the 3rd, 6th, 8th and 12th house transits. this means that even when he is debilitated he will still produce mostly good results for most of us and the most negative results he will produce from these positions will simply be less favourable results than normal. but in the negative transits his results will be more negative because of the debilitation.

also, when a debilitated planet is retrograde the debilitation is cancelled entirely and the planet is said to be more powerful than normal so from june 15 to october 12, almost 4 months, he is retrograde. this means the debilitation from july 30 to october 12 is cancelled.

all in all it won't be too bad. the banks and banking systems will be continuing to struggle. for some of us finances will be an issue. as will health and relationships.

i am recommending, though, that every person on the planet get a yagya for jupiter performed in their name even if jupiter is positive in transit in their chart. the more jupiter yagyas that can be performed the better it will be, not only for the person in who's name it is done but for the world as a whole.

the pandits recommend having a planetary yagya performed within 30 days of a new transit or cycle so anytime between today and december 9 will be the perfect time. as always, the pandits also say only do yagyas if you don't feel a pinch which means that if you cannot afford to have one done at this time then wait until you can. ideally, you would have a jupiter yagya done now, before december 9 and then again in july of next year, before july 30, when he goes into debilitation again.

to organize a jupiter yagya for yourself or anyone/everyone in your family contact david at 250-498-6044 or [email protected]

he has over 500 pandits working for him full time in india and can accommodate any number of requests very quickly.

any questions, just email me.

blaine" (Blaine Watson) [email protected]

User Tag List