~May 2008 Pagan Mamas~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 567 Old 05-03-2008, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh no, I forgot

Congratulations Honeytree!!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#62 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 12:37 AM

HoneyTree~ : Happy, happy news! Congrats to you and the hubby and the Big Brother! :

elcome, BattyMama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post
Hello Salvia, you gorgeous lady of leisure! I'm feeling so frisky it might be time for a little DDDDC.... :
Leisure? Who? What? Me? It is about time for a DDDDC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
See, I like really "rough" towels, so line dried towels are bliss (for me at least).

Salvia- I saw! Thank you sooooooo much. I know I need to be patient and that slowly things will unfold but I am so not the patient type. So why do I keep buying properties that need years of work, I ask myself? Glutton for punishment or something. I have to say a truck drove past yesterday with music blaring and for a moment I thought the ick folk from our old home had followed us! It made me appreciate again just how lovely our new space is, even with the slow pace.
Rough towels? That sounds kinky.

Gardens~It is work, but it is good work, isn't it? Buying properties...well, it's good to be the protectors of a bit of Earth for a bit. I love your May Ribbon hoop! We have lots of wine barrel hoops around here, so I may steal your idea....hmmmm And, I know you are braver than I am, because you were so brave in your old neighborhood. But, I'm soooo glad you and the family are in your new place!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#63 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 12:49 AM

I can't sleep. I'm exhausted but wired. Does that make any sense?
There's no way I'm going to be able to go to church (UU) on Sunday.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#64 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Clay it's so so pretty already!

So sorry Sage- feel better vibes your way friend.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#65 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Do you think that's morbid? (someone I know hinted that she thought it was a weird idea to have that around where my son could see it. I don't get her way of thinking.)
No.. I think it's wonderful.. of course that could be because I've sorta done the same thing for my momma I think it's a GOOD thing, your children should not miss out on knowing about their grandfather and having things that remind you of him will help you talk to them about him.

My 'altar' (actually our family altar/nature table for the kiddies) is a dining hutch with two shelves above it.. the top of the buffet is the main altar, but the first shelf up has momma's photos and a candle for her. I saw a Dancing Goddess doll that I so want to get to put there (even though it's tagged as a mourning mother for her child) because it just speaks to me, no cash for pretties at the moment though

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
hi everyone, i thought i would introduce myself, i have been following along with the other months threads, but just didn't get around to an intro. I am 21, and expecting my first baby this month, i live in western Australia. I am super eclectic at the moment, mainly kitchen witchery, but i am still finding my way. I have only recently come to grips with the fact of my beliefs, i still have a bit of that good old catholic guilt going on, but i am working through it at record pace.

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you lovely ladies, you seem to have a wealth of knowledge. I don't know many pagan IRL, and am working on getting to know some. But at the moment all of my energy is focused on the birth of my child so it is taking a bit of a back seat
Hey & welcome Mum to be : I'm also in oz, although over in Brisbane... lovely to have another upside down pagan with us! Hope you had a wonderful Samhain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
i'm half laughing half crying over all the line drying talk. i dry our clothes on the line here in summer... um. inside.
Hehe I could dry ours inside too. I'm actually going to get the owner to let me put up an undercover retractable line under the patio so I can never use my dryer except in urgent cases! We dry everything on the line.. I love crunchy towels.. very invigorating for the skin as for crunchy jeans, I just wad them up & give em a good rub together and then they're pretty ok

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#66 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 04:09 PM

Beltaine was spectacular. : The kids and I had a really wonderful time (BeanBean: "I didn't have a good time when we had to LEAVE!" ) and Mike had a slightly less-fun time, but still enjoyed it. BeanBean wants to live at Four Quarters Farm.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#67 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 07:41 PM

just popping in real quick - we just moved this weekend - great but tiring and i don't know where a thing is! i'll bbl w/ a "real" post after i've caught up on the thread. hope everyone is well!!!!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#68 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 09:51 PM

i can't keep up with you guys!! sheesh! :

i think it's a perfect idea, a shrine to your dad. i kind of did that when my dad died, too. and i still put his photo and my son's dad's photo on our samhain altar. and my cat who died when ds was 9 months old. and my grandmas.

sage, are you feeling better?

honeytree, congrats!

battymama, i love your name! welcome! do you like bats, or are you batty?

who else did i miss? yikes. this thread is way too prolific

i went to a small public Beltaine ritual last night. i got to dance the maypole, AND partake of a spiral dance! it was a lovely ritual. i'm glad i got to go.

whatever happened to Barbara? the one who was trying to get preggers, who had a dh in iraq, and a carpy landlord?

Maiasaura WinterHeart

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#69 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 PM

Hmm, where did Barbara go?

Oh ladies, I so give up. I post on other threads and get no response. I'm staying here.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#70 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 10:35 PM

Thanks, mamas, for the enthusiasm and congrats! I started a pregnancy journal. I think it will help me to focus on each day, being grateful for the moment that is and not worrying/spending too much time thinking about the future. So far all I have is an ode to my blueberry-banana-flaxseed smoothie this morning, but it's a start!

Do any/many of y'all read or dabble in tarot? I know the topic pops up on this forum every now and again, but I picked it up after walking further along on my pagan path, so to me it all comes back to the universal energies, the god and goddess archetypes, and the power of intention. Anywho, I did a reading for myself about a week and half ago, when I first suspected I was pregnant. And oddly, both my "motherhood" cards turned up (the princess and queen of disks), but in unexpected places. So I feel like some element of uncertainty or surprise is going to be part of this for me.

Man, I have been gorging on mulberries for the past week! They are among my very favorite edible signs of spring!
#71 of 567 Old 05-04-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Oh ladies, I so give up. I post on other threads and get no response. I'm staying here.
I hear ya. I feel quite invisible in other threads.

#72 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 12:56 AM

I often consider myself a thread killer...

I'm feeling a bit better today, thank you for asking! Now that I'm tired and exhausted my sinuses are fully blocked again.. ugh.

The weather here today was gorgeous! Its supposed to be nice for the next week so I hope I feel better so that I can get the rest of my planting done. The girls and I are going to go out into the forests with some gloves and bags and pick up all the garbage that somehow made its way into the forest. People disgust me sometimes how can they just throw their garbage onto the ground?
Since these forests give us so much peace and joy, we're going to show our love and appreciation and give back some peace and joy :
#73 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post

battymama, i love your name! welcome! do you like bats, or are you batty?
A lot of both i think

Congratulations Honeytree! I dabble a bit in tarot my self- just taking those first few tentative steps. But i have gotten a couple of really interesting readings throughout pregnancy. I think they are written in my book of shadows, which i have lost

I really need it too, i have only just started to really use it through pregnancy, and it has all of the information i need on herbs for the birthing and postpartum, and everything else. Sigh, i have looked everywhere, even in crazy only a pregnant lady would put it there places. Its driving me nuts.
#74 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 10:31 AM

Book of shadows- I just started one, well i is a folder but I have begun to collect herb, stone and other stuff.

I look at Tarot decks but haven't bought one. I would like to investigate it further though.

Well, I am all alone today, so I am planning to finish my coffee and head into the garden. : I spent an hr getting my herb bed cleaned up and it still needs some work.

Sage- glad to hear you are feeling better!

#75 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 AM

I am having one of the peppiest Mondays I've had in a while. Despite being completely exhausted from a full weekend, I am still chirpy here in the office. .

Got to dance around the Maypole. Enjoy a wonderful guided meditation. And share a wonderful, thought provoking time with friends. Saturday was a blast.

I was able to handle a day at the folks' house with good humor and rubber skin yesterday.

HT - I haven't pulled out my deck in a while, I might have to admit years. Hm... but I think it's time to dust them off, if I can even find them. Maybe it's time to start new and go deck shopping.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#76 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 12:57 PM

Yesterday was lovely! I finally had both the time and good (not pouring down rain) weather to plant my garden!! Yay! It was so nice to get outside and play in the dirt in the sunshine
#77 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 01:54 PM

Honeytree!!!! I am soo happy for you! A baby! YIPPEE!!!

DoK: I think the thing for your dad is a wonderful idea... not "weird" at all.

The family and I went out to a farm on Saturday to see a movie and check out where we get some of our stuff (they go to the farmer's market, the co-op and are part of the CSA). The movie was great (The real dirt on Farmer John) and the farm is stunning. 7 foot tall holihocks, and primroses everywhere. The stars were so bright the Rowan actually SAW THEM and yeled and pointed. It was amazing. We saw a flock/herd of deer jump the fences and get to the horse feed... very cool. The farmer is so amazing. The whole thing was great.

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#78 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
been there too, sweets. i think mdc goes in cycles for me. there are certainly times i hole myself up here.

on that note, actually, i should have just asked this here... i'm looking for some home cleaning cloths that will feel wonderful and make my cleaning more intentful. any ideas? (please dont say microfiber towels or washcloths from target.) i'm dreaming of lovely floral cloths that look like something a garden goddess would clean her alter with.... you know?

i have a lovely avalon oracle deck that ds adores. (he's a moon boy, so he loves they all have the crescent on them.) isnt pregnancy always a path filled with unexpected twists and delights? well, mine certainly was any way. i do hear there are some people who coast thru it. boggles *my* mind. totally captivated all of my resources for the full nine months, that's certain!

i'm basking in this taurus new moon thus far! anyone else? started last night, actually. had a lovely "date" night with dh's best friend's new girl friend whom i adore. we watched "becoming jane" and drank a wonderful red (chosen because of the lovely wine goddess on the label... when i showed her the bottle she remarked that she'd just seen that one the other day and been drawn to it!)... it's been three years since i've had a close gf in the same town!
#79 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
The family and I went out to a farm on Saturday to see a movie and check out where we get some of our stuff (they go to the farmer's market, the co-op and are part of the CSA). The movie was great (The real dirt on Farmer John) and the farm is stunning. 7 foot tall holihocks, and primroses everywhere.
where is the farm? sounds wonderful!
#80 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
on that note, actually, i should have just asked this here... i'm looking for some home cleaning cloths that will feel wonderful and make my cleaning more intentful. any ideas? (please dont say microfiber towels or washcloths from target.) i'm dreaming of lovely floral cloths that look like something a garden goddess would clean her alter with.... you know?

\
I knew someone who used to buy water soluble fabric, you should be able to get it from a craft of fabric shop, then she would stitch all over with a sewing machine, making sure that it overlapped over and over again. Then she would dissolve it, and would be left with a lacy cleaning cloth, she said they were perfect for scrubbing, dusting, any thing you could think of. You can also crochet or knit cleaning cloths. Of course you could just buy some pretty fabric, and either hem, over lock or cut it with pinking shears to stop fraying.

Can you tell i am a machinist
#81 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maeveypoo View Post
Yesterday was lovely! I finally had both the time and good (not pouring down rain) weather to plant my garden!! Yay! It was so nice to get outside and play in the dirt in the sunshine

It really was nice out yesterday here too. I put some flower seeds in random places, mowed (sorta- we need a new mower so bad!), and rearranged some blackberry vines so they are a bit out of the way. There were birds everywhere and I saw my first butterfly (coulda been a moth skipper thingy though) of the season! The butterfly is a symbol of the Goddess for me so that's always a really neat thing.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#82 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
i'm looking for some home cleaning cloths that will feel wonderful and make my cleaning more intentful. any ideas? (please dont say microfiber towels or washcloths from target.) i'm dreaming of lovely floral cloths that look like something a garden goddess would clean her alter with.... you know?
Try
www.etsy.com there are so many wonderful hand made goodies on etsy!! I recently bought some lovely large knitted flower washcloths from a seller there.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#83 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 02:55 PM

I knit my own cleaning cloths, but have thought about having a friend hem some flannel squares for me for hankies/wipey things.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#84 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 03:10 PM

Crocheted granny squares make brilliant cleaning cloths. And of course, you can work any sort of intent you like into something you're making. I used to do it all the time, they work up pretty quickly and the cotton, while a bit heavy when wet, is excellent for scrubbing. It's the kind of project even i (read: woman trapped under babies all the time) can manage (read: small and fast). You can make them fine and lacy, in just about any colorway you can imagine (even hand-dye them yourself later, if you like) and there are all kinds of patterns you could use (though of course, the basic granny square is probably fastest).

Quote:
Do any/many of y'all read or dabble in tarot? I know the topic pops up on this forum every now and again, but I picked it up after walking further along on my pagan path, so to me it all comes back to the universal energies, the god and goddess archetypes, and the power of intention. Anywho, I did a reading for myself about a week and half ago, when I first suspected I was pregnant. And oddly, both my "motherhood" cards turned up (the princess and queen of disks), but in unexpected places. So I feel like some element of uncertainty or surprise is going to be part of this for me.
I love tarot. Been a while, though. I had a new deck that I bought just before Bella was born... it then promptly disappeared and turned up again after her birth. Quite an experience, that was. In any case, I haven't seen that deck (though I have seen pieces of it) in some time. :/ I'd kind of like to get a new one-- it's on my list. Tarot was actually part of my earliest experiences with fun pagan things. Although my preferred method of scrying is with a mirror, I have remarkable success with tarot and always have. As long as I'm comfortable with the deck, I do very well with it. I've actually got a set of blank cards with which I intend to create my very own tarot deck, but I haven't gotten around to it yet-- mostly because I'm not quite sure how I intend to make them (draw directly on them, glue pictures, use the printer, etc). It's the kind of project that I'd actually really like someone else to do for me, but with my input 100% of the way. So I could say, "I have this photograph which perfectly epitomizes the Ten of Cups; I found this image which I'd like to play a role in the Ten of Swords, and I think that the Ten of Pentacles needs to be hand-drawn," and then look at first drafts and accept or dismiss them, as required. I don't ask too much, huh? I think I could to it myself, but I think that it's one of those things that someone else could do *better*, and I'm all in favor of better.
a garden goddess would clean her alter with.... you know?

Quote:
i'm basking in this taurus new moon thus far! anyone else? started last night, actually.
I'm lovin' it myself. I know that things can't stay as perfect as they are, and that part of it is just that it's so completely opposite of where I've been, but I'm resolved to enjoy it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#85 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Heather- That sounds like a great time!

A little update on me: I emailed my minister about my dad passing and she asked if I'd like to get together to chat about it. I'm going to take her up on her offer. I know I'm going to bawl my eyes out and I feel a little embarrassed about that but this is the kind of thing that ministers are there for, right?

#86 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM

DOK-- yep. absolutely, momma. that's what they're there for. hugs!

i *love* etsy! but it makes me dizzy. those sound lovely, though! i might have to go look. i always wind up finding something totally unrelated and wonderful. so dangerous! i wish i could knit or something. i can sew a bit by hand, but that's my limit right now. alas.

eilonwy~ i'm making my own goddess intention cards... i'll do it in photoshop and send them to the photo place to be printed, then slip them in little hand made baggies. (ps--go read tracy's new moon article!! also good for while trapped under babes. )
#87 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 05:52 PM

http://www.agualindafarm.net/
There is a link to the farm we went to.

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#88 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 PM

Today my boys figured out how to burn leaves using a magnifying glass. They were having a great time and then my little one came and told me what older brother did. He burned a beetle.

I made him write on paper how he thinks the beetle felt about being burned. Hopefully, he won't do it again after that.
#89 of 567 Old 05-05-2008, 10:10 PM

Kleine-Bella went through a phase where she wanted to squish bugs. It really surprised me since she is gently by nature and now this spring, she is so excited and gentle with them. Sure, I talked to Bella and she seemed to get it, but it sure must have felt powerful, so she kept doing it. I felt awful, but now she tells Gillian why she has to be gentle.

Thanks for the support ladies. I am out of sorts, MIl is visiting and has developed walking pneumonia, plus my period was miserable, and my day in the garden was spent in the dr's office. Oh well, MIL is so sick, she needed to be seen.

#90 of 567 Old 05-06-2008, 09:32 AM

Hi everyone. Just popping in to day I'm reading but don't have much to offer right now. Hope everyone is warming up, up north, and keeping cool down south!

-Rachel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page