~*~August Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 27 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Ack! Is there a nursery or horticulture dept or plantation that could give you ideas? Big green vibes winging your way...

You could say that. Eilonwy has heard some of this before, but basically my dad was (prior to the brain damage) a genius level polymath.
Thanks for the bonsai vibes. I'm going to bring it to her, beg foregiveness and offer to buy her a new one of similar age/shape if it doesn't revive w/in a month. I wouldn't be so devastated if this woman wasn't a saint who's taken such thoughtful care of me since DS was born.

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity about your dad. Wow! Is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
very cool on the non-alk Kahlua recipe! only prob is...they call for a cup of vodka, and obviously i'd leave that out, but...what do i do to replace a whole cup of liquid? they don't account for that. being that it's a liquid recipe, i'm not all *that* concerned, but if it was a baking recipe, i'd wonder how it'd turn out, missing a whole cup of liquid. even so-- wouldn't it be sticky and thick w/o the vodka (or substitute)?
The recipe says the vodka's optional, so you might try making a half batch w/out any extra liquid. If it's too gooey for you, replace the amount of vodka w/water.

Quote:
where is everybody? i'm not getting email notification. i checked my user CP and it looks kosher. i think.
New month - September thread is up.

Quote:
Inanna-- yikes. i haven't a clue. i'd prob'ly go out and buy another one, if i were in your shoes. yikes! what is your ds's new type of tantrum?
Thanks for the hugs! DS is in the head-banging, biting, hitting tantrum phase now. There's still the ear-drum bursting screech along with it, but the harm he's doing to self and others is the most disturbing part.

Quote:
hurricanes...i lived on the Outer Banks of NC for 14 years. i never left, not for any hurricanes...but my house? not a leaf in the driveway. you BETCHA i believe in the power of magick and prayer!
What an incredible story! Very cool.

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
Kitty, you're not in C-U now are you? I'm heading there next month for a few weeks for a visit. Let's meet up!
Actually, I'm two hours straight south, but we go up to see family and go to the symphony there when we can. I'd love to drive up there and meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post

I have always been the one to "not fit in". The collector of antiques who would rather have great old stuff than buy new, the one who would rather inherit stuff or make it myself, than run out to the store. I never seemed to fit with the college kids cause I wasn't interested in hanging out and going out. Even as a teen, I remember admiring my grandmothers china hutch and table set that are quite old. Not many people were willing to discuss these type of things so I never made friends during those years, though I met DH. I have been teased that I was born in the wrong era and sometimes I have to agree but mostly I feel that what i have gained from the time spent with generations of family farmers has made me the person I am. Sure, I like my modern conveniences, not willing to give those things up, and maybe I am odd but for me, this feels right. Maybe I am mean't to follow in the footsteps of my ancestors and farm. I am definately feeling the pull lately...still me raising livestock? time to sit in quiet with this I guess, I keep putting it off and something about Clay's post brought this out.
I have always felt the exact same way. My dad calls us "old souls".

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Good morning everyone. How is everyone's weekend?
oye! Busy... I have the day off today and then go back tomorrow snd thurs... so i'm in the home stretch.

I am so but I need to get some laundry done, pick tomatoes and at least attempt to tidy up the house...

good witch
Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Good morning everyone! We're back from our camping trip and besides waking up to a wet, rainy Monday morning we had a blast. The weather was just beautiful till Monday morning. It was a nice break and get away for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
What part of the Berkshires? It's roughly 230 miles to Great Barrington MA (It's 350 miles to Boston, before kids the trip wasn't bad but now it takes most of a day )
Terri's family lives in North Adams/Clarksburg area near the mohawk trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Eunice didn't make it.. We just had a service for her. Thanks to all for your thoughts.
awe, that's heartbreaking. Sending love and peace to you and your little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalf97 View Post
Anyone else know of any hurricane protection spells?
I don't have anything to add but I hope you're safe and made it through ok. Looks like Hannah might be paying us a visit by this weekend. I'm not worried about the rain or flooding too much but we do sometimes get tornado's off these storms.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Yesterday was my grandmothers 80th birthday. It's so weird to think she's gotten that old. My Nannie was always so youthful looking and full of energy. She still is but it's not the same energy since my papa pasted in 97. It's just difficult to imagine her getting old. She and my sister, and nephew are coming over for dinner tonight. Should be fun!

-Rachel

Old 09-02-2008, 01:23 PM

Okay... I picked the tomatoes (nearly a full bushel basket!) and peppers, jalepanos, corn and the last of the squash.

I washed 2 loads of laundry and it's out hanging in the sun. My kitchen is tidy but really not clean. Honestly, I don't think I will have the time or energy to deep clean anything until after canning season. And applesauce season... does that count as part of canning season?

Anyway, I think I will watch a movie and work on the blanket I am trying to finish before dd#2's bday next week.

good witch
Old 09-02-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
wombat and aweynsayl-- i dunno what to say, then...i have no experience with true phobias.
i know i'm bumbing the old thread, but i'm fealing really awkward, so i just wanted to clarify.... i dont have a phobia... just dont like unfamiliar movement in cars. i shared rather a lot more, then deleted it, because i was feeling really crappy that day, and i usually dont share things like that, and i felt really uncomfortable after. so there ya go.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:46 PM

Just a reminder that the September Pagan thread is now up.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 09-02-2008, 10:16 PM

well DUH on me off i go to sub to the september thread!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

User Tag List