~*~August Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wombat, that was an EXCELLENT post, thank you. :

batty, it's funny you should call your DD a gnome - I often think mine looks a little like one. If I just dressed her up in a pointy hat...

I was a solitary pagan since 1999 until I said, screw it, and started gently unloading on DH. I've only involved him slowly, basically by making a holiday meal and then explaining the meaning behind the day for me. He likes to eat, and he was respectful and interested. I didn't use any loaded terms. We've had conversations about God etc and he doesn't necessarily agree with me but doesn't per se disagree with me either. I don't think he considers himself pagan but he's not opposed to paganism either, and helped perform DS's Naming Ceremony this past Imbolc. So in a way I'm not completely solitary anymore but I don't belong to a coven or group either.

I've found it easier to stay motivated to celebrate the festivals with someone IRL to talk about them with. (And having a place of our own is a big help; when I lived with my parents it was nearly impossible to do anything.) But when I was completely solitary, hmm. I would have a journal I wrote an entry in every holiday. I would also try to go for a walk in the same place every holiday and take pictures. I'm still not big on rituals, so that hasn't changed. I do and did pray, sometimes with incense or with a candle lit.

And finally, I made a little booklet for each holiday, with various information from online and books. I made them around each holiday, and included almost everything I could on them: recipes, lore, history, symbolism, craft and activity ideas, etc. They turned out to be around 30 pages or so each, and even if I couldn't really "do" them all (like I wasn't going to roll a flaming wheel down a hillside on Midsummers), it was interesting to me.
#62 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 11:01 AM

I'm glad some of that made sense... I'd had a few mango margaritas with dinner (I'm sure the ancient celts would have approved) and just sort of rambled on my way to bed. I'm actually surprised I was making complete sentences!

But religious change and evolution is fascinating to me. I love exploring how religion serves the people and how people serve religion and how belief and religion mesh.

I made a really neat Lughnasadh prayer bead set yesterday (it can be a choker or a doubled bracelet... I'm mostly planning on wearing it as a bracelet though). I tried to take pictures last night but it didn't really come out. The clasp is a bronze leaf, and there are green shell beads (all different greens for the harvest/growing things), small bronze leaves, red seed beads (for the fire), and clear glass beads with gold foil in them (sparkly to celebrate fire and life and the bouncy joy of the festivals). I think it came out really well...

I'm planning on making a new prayer set for every holiday and then finding some way of wearing or working with the set until the next holy day. Sort of a seasonal meditation reminder. After my first big bout with depression I sort of latched onto the characters of the Crow Girls from the DeLint books... and I wove crow feathers into everything I had, wore crow feather jewelry, got a crow tattoo. And it helped to have that sort of physical reminder all around. I'm thinking that by having a physical prayer set I'll be reminded to focus on the seasonal meanings.

Ooops, my MIL just walked in and the girls/dog are going nuts!

Happy sunny day!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#63 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 11:40 AM

(totally coming back to read/post more later-- but:, i had half of this thread in my mind when i posted in the other one, so here's the stuff i wrote that really should go here! ha!)

so, i ended up with a little bit of a fun seasonal project for myself.... dh had been cleaning out one of the cupboards and we found one of THESE GUYS (clay, dont click on the link!) ... so i've been cleaning him up and re-enlivening him. he spent the night of the new moon in the garden, now he's awaiting some seasonal garb. hee hee.

i love the seasonal prayer bead idea! i kind of do that with my rings. on a smaller scale, i tend to wear certain ones at different times of my cycle, but there are a couple that seem to be more specifically spring or fall. my rings just are my absolute most wonderful things.... (i'm linking to the site, because they are wonderful and affordable, and she bases her rings on ancient designs...and she's a real sweetie. so cari, just dont look!)

off for a mdc play date at a bf-ing fair! huzzah! happy saturday, all!
#64 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMama View Post
Well, I know them as High Holidays vs Low Holidays... I don't know if it's a general pagan thing or Onyca specific though.
Can you tell me a little more about Onyca? I googled it (I : that "google" is a verb now ), but didn't come up with anything substantive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon Feimorgan View Post
That made perfect sense to me.

I've been making an attempt to tie my seasonal celebrations to actual events in my environment as much as I possibly can. So I now celebrate Imbolc when the pussy willows first come out. There may or may not be lambs being born somewhere, i don't have lambs in my life, but pussy willows are the first concrete sign of the stirrings of life under the snow covered, frozen earth. Beltain is when it is warm enough to start planting things in my garden. Lunasa is berry picking time (I'm going out to the hill tomorrow) and Samhain is when the garden is finished for the year and the harvest is in.
That's really cool. You inspired me this morning...went out and cut all the heads off my drooping sunflowers and created an sun altar on my garden table for the birds and squirrels to enjoy. And, it delights me to look out and see a physical representation of the blessing and the passing of the sun season! I'll post a picture of it and the rosemary bread (which turned out to be more like damper than bread...must have killed the yeast ) later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I'm glad some of that made sense... I'd had a few mango margaritas with dinner (I'm sure the ancient celts would have approved) and just sort of rambled on my way to bed. I'm actually surprised I was making complete sentences!

But religious change and evolution is fascinating to me. I love exploring how religion serves the people and how people serve religion and how belief and religion mesh.

I made a really neat Lughnasadh prayer bead set yesterday (it can be a choker or a doubled bracelet... I'm mostly planning on wearing it as a bracelet though). I tried to take pictures last night but it didn't really come out. The clasp is a bronze leaf, and there are green shell beads (all different greens for the harvest/growing things), small bronze leaves, red seed beads (for the fire), and clear glass beads with gold foil in them (sparkly to celebrate fire and life and the bouncy joy of the festivals). I think it came out really well...

I'm planning on making a new prayer set for every holiday and then finding some way of wearing or working with the set until the next holy day. Sort of a seasonal meditation reminder. After my first big bout with depression I sort of latched onto the characters of the Crow Girls from the DeLint books... and I wove crow feathers into everything I had, wore crow feather jewelry, got a crow tattoo. And it helped to have that sort of physical reminder all around. I'm thinking that by having a physical prayer set I'll be reminded to focus on the seasonal meanings.

Ooops, my MIL just walked in and the girls/dog are going nuts!

Happy sunny day!
Thanks so much for your awesome post-margarita post!! Your prayer bead bracelet sounds awesome! Would LOVE to see a picture, even if it isn't great. Your idea of making them to correspond with the seasons/holy days is really cool. I have no skill at bead making, but I'd buy already crafted ones (...

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#65 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
OK, this is a total nutty question. Bear with me.

DH is convinced that the holidays are off by one. There's some truth to it imo, because even if you only go back a generation or two, my mom and grandmother are always talking about how it used to be warm in Mid-March, and now it doesn't get that way until about April or even May. And winter seems to be coming later and later too. DH is absolutely convinced that the holidays are based on the seasons of another era, and the earth is changing in ways. Heck, even a lot of the sabbat info books point out that Midsummer and Midwinter are really like the START of summer and winter, instead of the middle. But then I think of the significance of sunlight etc. He's wondered if we shouldn't shift our celebrations, and I'm not totally against the idea, but I'm still unsure.

Any thoughts on this?
There's a pretty cool explanation of how different countries calculate the seasons here http://halfpintpixie.wordpress.com/2...dh-its-autumn/. Thanks, Half Pint Pixie!

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#66 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
r. After my first big bout with depression I sort of latched onto the characters of the Crow Girls from the DeLint books... and I wove crow feathers into everything I had, wore crow feather jewelry, got a crow tattoo. And it helped to have that sort of physical reminder all around. I'm thinking that by having a physical prayer set I'll be reminded to focus on the seasonal meanings.
I love, love, love Delint! his books are sooooooo yummy! The crow girls are truly charming.(in every sense of the word)

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#67 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
There's a pretty cool explanation of how different countries calculate the seasons here http://halfpintpixie.wordpress.com/2...dh-its-autumn/. Thanks, Half Pint Pixie!
You're welcome my dear, it was wreaking my head when everyone in the US was starting summer as I was celebrating midsummer so I went sleuthing around to find out. It's odd here in Ireland though now, some schools are starting to teach the American seasons just to confuse everyone And the UK folk have different dates for summertime too!

The way I look at it, our Irish calendar makes the most sense to me (but I would say that!!). Yule being midwinter, a big festival to celebrate making it to the half-point of winter and it's the shortest day of the year, a major turning point, it's all up from there, although depressingly enough in Ireland, we get our bleakest days after the winter solstice in Jan & Feb! And the summer solstice is midsummer. All the seasons fit in nicely around the two of them. Well in Ireland anyway, I'm sure they're not anywhere near the same at the equator or in tropical regions!

lady.gifLittlepixie Nov'06 & jog.gif our little monkey Jan'11

#68 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 04:52 PM

i'd never heard that the midsummer/start of summer was an irish vs us thing... i've always held to mid-summer and mid-winter, i never thought about thinking differenly about it. i used to get really worked up about that one, lol. (easier to "get" living in AZ, than some other places, like seattle!, granted.) to me, solstice means middle and equinx means beginning.... though i tend to toss in extra mini seasons in between--summer into fall, fall into winter, winter into spring (or, late winter).... interesting to think of other possibiities.

mainly, i tend to focus on the everyday aspects, with a little nod to tradition on the "holidays"--- i call them "celebrations" instead. those are the days i feel connected to something deeper, something historic, so the conventional dates dont bug me (thus far!).

as for being solitary, for me, since it does tend to be more about the everyday, it naturally is solitary... more rooted in seasonal flowers and food than specific rituals or symbols.

interestingly here, i'm realizing there might be a bit of a disconnect between my intellecutal self and my spiritual self in that aspect, as intellectually, i do tend to be very interested in the subtext and context (groan, i know, sorry) of belief systems (though academically, my focus in that area was on the philosophical rather than religious side of things....) hmmm. food for thought.

rambling, and not mango induced... heat and sleepyness induced. nap time!
:
#69 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
dh had been cleaning out one of the cupboards and we found one of THESE GUYS (clay, dont click on the link!)
That is so not fair!

Quick! Don't think of a pink elephant!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#70 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 PM

did you click? did you? huh? huh?

mmmm. pink elephants... reminds me of 2 am dorm stairwell conversations about medieval philosophy.... "that than which nothing greater can be thought...." etc. gods, i love google.....
#71 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Hello all, I can't believe it's August already. I mostly just drop by and read, never getting in the conversation. I hope to change that this month..

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#72 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
[
so, i ended up with a little bit of a fun seasonal project for myself.... dh had been cleaning out one of the cupboards and we found one of THESE GUYS (clay, dont click on the link!) ... so i've been cleaning him up and re-enlivening him. he spent the night of the new moon in the garden, now he's awaiting some seasonal garb. hee hee.
Ok.. the rings were lovely.. but OMG I love those trolls!!!!!! :

Australia follows the meteorological dates, (1sept will begin spring, etc). Funny thing that, because we are so near the tropics that by October it will be truly summertime weather already.. and will continue to be so until March, unless the weather gods are kind! I find it amusing that they don't just chop the calendar in half and say SUMMER... NOT SUMMER.. and call it done

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#73 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi mamas! I've got to go and catch up on this thread! I can't believe it's only the 2nd and we're on the 4th page of chatting already!!! Hope you're all doing well, I'll be back to post more when I'm caught up!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#74 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
DH is convinced that the holidays are off by one. There's some truth to it imo, because even if you only go back a generation or two, my mom and grandmother are always talking about how it used to be warm in Mid-March, and now it doesn't get that way until about April or even May. And winter seems to be coming later and later too. DH is absolutely convinced that the holidays are based on the seasons of another era, and the earth is changing in ways. Heck, even a lot of the sabbat info books point out that Midsummer and Midwinter are really like the START of summer and winter, instead of the middle. But then I think of the significance of sunlight etc. He's wondered if we shouldn't shift our celebrations, and I'm not totally against the idea, but I'm still unsure.
well, it sure doesn't help that the stores all put out the valentine's things the day after christmas, does it? you'd think that eventually things would get back to the way they're supposed to.

i find it funny that on "regular" calendars, midsummer's day is marked as "first day of summer" and that the spring equinox is marked as "first day of spring"...when to me, it's SO obvious that beltaine is the first day of summer!

i don't think global warming is helping any, or that the government has set back daylight savings time to start earlier and end later!! it's not the freakin seasons that are changing. it's US. it's humans. at least in this country. we can't leave well enough alone! :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#75 of 788 Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 PM

I just got home from a conference (for work) and am so excited! Found out that we are going to be releasing a pagan book! woohoo! It's about different earth based traditions around the world. I can hardly contain myself!

After the conference, the Founder/CEO hosted a party at her home. Oh. My. Goddess. It was the absolute most beautiful home I've ever seen. Deep, rich colors. Gorgeous antiques. Funky artifacts. Playful design. All mixed in with a semi medieval flair. Completely incredible.
If I owned my own home, I'd start painting my walls tomorrow!
It was just so inspiring and lively. And, my goodness, the food was top notch. Granted, a lot of it was meat so I didn't eat it, but it all looked fabulous. I even got to have a couple of Bailey's.
Ds had the best time wandering through the massive home. Yes, you can (and we did) get lost in the house! There were so many nooks and crannies and secret hallways, etc. I didn't want to leave. Each room led to an even more gorgeous room.

It was a delightful way to celebrate Lammas.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#76 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 AM

DoK- What fun!

Aweynsayl- I pulled a sophistic trick since we're being so academical ... I had DH click on the link, therby remaining blameless!

Love the noses!

I'm uploading Lughnasadh pictures now... including some of my prayer beads. Maybe they'll turn out ok!

ETA- here we go... here's a shot of Ro but you can see the beads on my wrist http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2727204568/ and then this is a shot of the strand on the ottoman... it's fuzzy but you get the basic idea http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2726377609/

#77 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I'm uploading Lughnasadh pictures now... including some of my prayer beads. Maybe they'll turn out ok!

ETA- here we go... here's a shot of Ro but you can see the beads on my wrist http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2727204568/ and then this is a shot of the strand on the ottoman... it's fuzzy but you get the basic idea http://www.flickr.com/photos/wombatclay/2726377609/
oooooo...beautiful (both the bracelet and little Ro)!!

#78 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Clay, there's a picture in Brian Frouds "Good Faeries, Bad Faeries", the "Fairy if Pure Joy". The picture in your link "hot day, cold water, big grin" made me thing of it.

What a yummy little pixy!

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#79 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 01:03 AM

I spent most of the day berry picking. I'm probably weird but foraging wild food is a really spiritual thing for me. I feel a connection to all the generations of women who have gone out to the forest to gather food from the beginning of time. Plus there is something to be said about the bounty of nature growing right where the Earth Herself put it. That's got to be better for you right. And then the repetitive busy work puts me in a bit of a trance and I'm out in nature. Sigh, I just love it, every thing about it!

I saw an eagle, 2 woodpeckers, a fox and I found the scull of a moose.

Great day over all!

#80 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 02:06 AM

Hi. Joining in. I'll have to read the thread more thoroughly a little later.

I have a nasty cold, so I've been lying in bed all day reading. A friend had a Lammas celebration last night that was just wonderful. Everyone brought food from their gardens (I don't have one sadly, so had to make do with store bought fruit). After feasting we made a circle and talked about our dreams, and the things we are trying to manifest in our lives. It was really nice. I can't believe the summer is almost over! It's gone by so quickly.

I've been feeling drawn to Paganism for a long time. I've done a small amount of reading, but lately I'm feeling even more drawn, and ready to start really learning, studying, and practicing. I just put a lot of books on hold at the library. I thought I'd placed about 6-7 on hold, then stopped when I realized I'd put 12! Hee-hee. That should keep me busy for awhile.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#81 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
I'm probably weird but foraging wild food is a really spiritual thing for me.
I totally get this... I feel connected with the generations of women who did this on a daily basis, along with making fires, baking bread, hanging clothes in the sun... my ancient sisters lived a life of consciousness everyday.

Well, my friends; I need to get ready for day #2 at work I have tomorrow off so i will see you all then.

Blessed Be

good witch
#82 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I just got home from a conference (for work) and am so excited! Found out that we are going to be releasing a pagan book! woohoo! It's about different earth based traditions around the world. I can hardly contain myself!

After the conference, the Founder/CEO hosted a party at her home. Oh. My. Goddess. It was the absolute most beautiful home I've ever seen. Deep, rich colors. Gorgeous antiques. Funky artifacts. Playful design. All mixed in with a semi medieval flair. Completely incredible.
If I owned my own home, I'd start painting my walls tomorrow!
It was just so inspiring and lively. And, my goodness, the food was top notch. Granted, a lot of it was meat so I didn't eat it, but it all looked fabulous. I even got to have a couple of Bailey's.
Ds had the best time wandering through the massive home. Yes, you can (and we did) get lost in the house! There were so many nooks and crannies and secret hallways, etc. I didn't want to leave. Each room led to an even more gorgeous room.

It was a delightful way to celebrate Lammas.
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm wondering if it would infringe on the home owners privacy if I posted a couple of pics from her home? I mean, I'm not saying whose house it is or anything. I just want to show how stunning it is.

What do you think?

#83 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 10:52 AM

[quote=BurtsGirl;11837456
Bella Babe, I just love your intro! Welcome to the circle![/quote]
Thanks!

Quote:
here's an interesting question for you-- have any of you with nurslings noticed a link between your cycle and your lo's behavior? sometimes right after O, ds goes BONKERS and WILL NOT GO TO SLEEP (this was last night, and i just about melted). it doesnt happen everytime, there's no food/stimulant corolation, but it ONLY happens right after O. am i crazy? anyone else experience this or have any earthly idea why this would be???
The milk supply could definitley be it. But just wanted to add that my 7 yo dd gets weepy and irritable every month when I am getting ready for my cycle. Lovely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
one-oh-NINE??!?

where in the world *are* you? that's bloody awful!

yikes. 90's bad enough.
I am in DFW and it's around 105-107 without the heat index. ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I tend to celebrate solstices more. I was talking with dh and we agreed that aug is our midsummer since we tend to have most of our veggies ready and it's our preserve for fall/winter. So we celebrated the abundance of veggies and that the earth is good and provides what we need as long as we take care of her.
This is us here, too. August is SO midsummer here.

Quote:
how was that for a page filling ramble?

I'm going to bed... my brain is fried so if none of that made sense I'll apologize in advance!

I loved it!

And DOK- Why don't you ask the homeowner?

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#84 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I find it amusing that they don't just chop the calendar in half and say SUMMER... NOT SUMMER.. and call it done
that's totally what we should have here. we use to live in chicago, and there we had "winter-- and construction."

Quote:
Found out that we are going to be releasing a pagan book! woohoo! It's about different earth based traditions around the world.

.... Deep, rich colors. Gorgeous antiques. Funky artifacts. Playful design. All mixed in with a semi medieval flair.
to quote ds: "me want it!" (book-- well, probably home, too, lol!)

Quote:
Aweynsayl- I pulled a sophistic trick since we're being so academical ... I had DH click on the link, therby remaining blameless! Love the noses!
lol, i knew you'd find a way! those bracelets are stunning, lady!

Quote:
I spent most of the day berry picking. I'm probably weird but foraging wild food is a really spiritual thing for me.
not weird at all! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Babe View Post
The milk supply could definitley be it. But just wanted to add that my 7 yo dd gets weepy and irritable every month when I am getting ready for my cycle. Lovely...
ahhh, nice. glad i'm not alone!
#85 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm wondering if it would infringe on the home owners privacy if I posted a couple of pics from her home? I mean, I'm not saying whose house it is or anything. I just want to show how stunning it is decorated.

What do you think?
I don't know, but I do want to see it. It sounds amazing!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#86 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplespirit View Post
While we are on the topic of sabbats and holidays... I am a solitary; with no 'real life' pagan friends and my family is, well, is pretty agnostic at this point. My question: are any of you solitary kitchen witches/pagans and if so, what do you do for yourself to celebrate the passing seasons, hoildays, etc.?

At the moment, I try to emphasize my meditation time and my actual acknowledgement of the holiday (ie: yesterday as I put up brocolli from the garden, I gave thanks to mother for the blessings of Lughnasna) but as for rituals, special meals and decorations... I don't really shift from the ordinary.

Any suggestions?
You and I are in the same situation. For the most part I celebrate mostly on my own, enjoying the outdoors, meditating, I go on walks to see what speaks to me, then good food and drinks.

#87 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 04:13 PM

I forgot giving thanks, but I do that every morning and every evening.

#88 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
to quote ds: "me want it!" (book-- well, probably home, too, lol!)
It's not going to be available until next year. Not sure exactly when but I'll mention it on here somehow.

#89 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplespirit View Post
I totally get this... I feel connected with the generations of women who did this on a daily basis, along with making fires, baking bread, hanging clothes in the sun... my ancient sisters lived a life of consciousness everyday.
i feel the same way

Quote:
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I'm wondering if it would infringe on the home owners privacy if I posted a couple of pics from her home? I mean, I'm not saying whose house it is or anything. I just want to show how stunning it is.

What do you think?
I say post em!

I love dark rich colors. every wall in my house is colored... pomegranite, rust, plum, green, midnight blue....

i really love seeing pics of others houses.

Quote:
It's not going to be available until next year. Not sure exactly when but I'll mention it on here somehow.
:
looking forward

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#90 of 788 Old 08-03-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
I spent most of the day berry picking. I'm probably weird but foraging wild food is a really spiritual thing for me. I feel a connection to all the generations of women who have gone out to the forest to gather food from the beginning of time. Plus there is something to be said about the bounty of nature growing right where the Earth Herself put it.
can you come live with me? I love foraging, I love being in nature. I don't know enough about it, though. I'm always researching, reading books, talking to people, asking questions - there is something so incredible about standing, in a tree, picking something edible, that you can eat or preserve. I love our world, in all her glory, I think it's amazing that she provides for us!

~ Kim

mama to E (01-2007) and wife to C

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page