~*~August Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 31,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
monsoon season here too, about a week ago I was enjoying standing in the rain that's about it.

I've been in a purging mood lately too. I swear I'm going to tackle the bedroom closet as soon as I feel better. I did a bunch of decluttering ( basically just tossing out papers I don't need and putting books back on their shelves) yesterday in the family room and living room. I need to find a better way to organize our video games, gaming accessories and DVDs. We still have boxes of stuff in the hall closet and in the LR that I don't have a place for.
Arduinna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#122 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
 
Inanna_Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
how funny! dh and i went to NU-- that's where we met. from chi-town to seattle (i miss molbaks soooo much! that was such a great job. sigh. i mean, i got paid to spend all day with plants... ok, there were customers sometimes (ha! including melinda gates)... but mainly it was wonderful.)... then back home to arid-zona. lol. next? shall we go somewhere more mild with some water?

ok, jealous on two counts! although, i got to see jen at the bfing fair.. not quite the same kind of fair, though!
I've got my eye on Vancouver Island, B.C. or Portland, Maine. What think ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
Inanna_Mama: great altar and the bread looks great. how much rosemary did you put in?
Thanks! I put about 2 T of fresh rosemary in. It could probably do with a bit more, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
I've been in a purging mood lately too. I swear I'm going to tackle the bedroom closet as soon as I feel better. I did a bunch of decluttering ( basically just tossing out papers I don't need and putting books back on their shelves) yesterday in the family room and living room. I need to find a better way to organize our video games, gaming accessories and DVDs. We still have boxes of stuff in the hall closet and in the LR that I don't have a place for.
Would love to get in on the purging action...I'm always in the mood, but rarely have the energy/time to make it happen :

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Inanna_Mama is offline  
#123 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 06:43 PM
 
mamaofthree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it is a time thing! not enough hours in the day... or just so much to do that it feels that way. plus it is so hard to go thru stuff when you have a child who can not let ANYTHING go at all. nothing. it is nuts! i need dh to take the kidlets out so i can just go thru stuff and then be done with it. LOL

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

mamaofthree is offline  
#124 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just going through the beautiful tarot decks on aeclectic.net and found this lovely and had to share!

Nature's Healing Oracle - The Nature's Healing Oracle is a set of 30 cards designed to use the power of plants for physical and spiritual wellbeing. The cards are in four categories - Essential Elements; Herbs and Flowers; Grains, Legumes and Vegetables; and Fruits Great for the beginning kitchen witch.

So many lovely decks, how to choose just one!

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#125 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
 
wombatclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: running the red queen's race
Posts: 14,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks all! I totally didn't mean to whine... it's just you all are my circle and many of you know all the insane backstory with my mom. I just had to get that dialoge OUT of my head! The girls and I had fun in town though, and even though dd1 missed her nap the day is going well.

I wish we could get respite care, but that would require my mom to admit things wern't perfect. She lies to everyone about the reality of my dad's condition (before she left she told me he was the best he'd been in months, practically normal, doing great, etc)... including telling his therapist that he is doing great (she didn't tell the therapist about my dad's pill overdose or his hospital stays for violent paranoia... my brother did that weeks after the incident happened), telling the nurses at the ER that she had "no clue" my dad wasn't feeling wonderful, telling family that he is fine. And then she melts down because no one "understands her burden". Sigh. It's just hard digging into the whole mess to figure out the reality of the situation.

Though my brother called while we were out to say she informed him that I am dangerously delusional, and that she will be protecting my dad from me and doesn't want me to contact them in any way since she knows I've cut them out of my heart. On the one hand, I'm going to enjoy the "break" but on the other I just want to cry for her and how much she must be hurting. Not to mention my dad.

FoG- I hope the appointment went well. Hugs and healing to you, and fingers crossed that this appointment is the last one you'll need to face for a while.

And again, thanks all... I feel ok, just in need of a place to dump some of this frustration to make room for peace.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

wombatclay is offline  
#126 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
 
DaughterOfKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 12,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Clay and FoG:

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

DaughterOfKali is offline  
#127 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 07:58 PM
 
captivatedlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: in a place of interest
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wombatclay - I can't say anything else for that. Personal question/advice - have you set sturdy boundaries with your mom? I've had to do that with my mum. It's no fun... but it's made our relationship bearable.

Good luck.

~ Kim

mama to E (01-2007) and wife to C

captivatedlife is offline  
#128 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM
 
tallulahma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
it is a time thing! not enough hours in the day... or just so much to do that it feels that way. plus it is so hard to go thru stuff when you have a child who can not let ANYTHING go at all. nothing. it is nuts! i need dh to take the kidlets out so i can just go thru stuff and then be done with it. LOL

h

we have been in purge mode for over a month. Unfortunately most of what needs to be purged is in our carport in boxes. Dh would keep it all without me out there with him talking him through it. But hanging out in a carport with a babe in a sling in 105 degree heat just doesnt sound fun.

so i manifest faeries taking it all away in the night. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
On the one hand, I'm going to enjoy the "break" but on the other I just want to cry for her and how much she must be hurting. Not to mention my dad.
I havent spoken to my own mother since march. Not even a phone call when my dd2 was born. I am so sorry you are struggling with your mom. It has been the most difficult situation of my life. The woman who should be protecting you from pain and loving you unconditionally.... instead inflicting the pain.

sending lots of love & strength your way. :

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
tallulahma is offline  
#129 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
 
Fiestabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had to share a funny from yesterday. Dh won a $50 gift card to Barnes & Noble at his 10th class reunion in June. We thought we would save it to buy holiday gifts. Well, dd1 has had this loose front tooth for ages. The adult tooth has completely come in, so she's had three front teeth. It's looked awful, and we've tried pulling it on several occasions and it just wouldn't budge, and she would cry and not want to try for another week, etc, etc. Yesterday I told her if she could get the tooth out we would go to the bookstore and spend the gift card. She had it out within an hour.

Anyway, we went, wandered in all our different sections, convened at the cash register, paid. We get out to the car and I look at the five items in the bag. Four of the five had "magic" or "magical" in the title, and the fifth was Lord of the Rings (the first one - dh picked it out to complete our collection). We had such a good laugh, especially considering we hadn't noticed until then. Dd1 picked two novels with magical themes, dd2 picked out Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus, and I got Llewellyn's 2009 Magical Almanac.

It felt like a confirmation as we move towards a pagan path.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Fiestabeth is offline  
#130 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Fiestabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
I was just going through the beautiful tarot decks on aeclectic.net and found this lovely and had to share!

Nature's Healing Oracle - The Nature's Healing Oracle is a set of 30 cards designed to use the power of plants for physical and spiritual wellbeing. The cards are in four categories - Essential Elements; Herbs and Flowers; Grains, Legumes and Vegetables; and Fruits Great for the beginning kitchen witch.

So many lovely decks, how to choose just one!
Ooooo, I am so putting that deck on my wish list!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Fiestabeth is offline  
#131 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
I've got my eye on Vancouver Island, B.C. or Portland, Maine. What think ye?
mmmm. i tend to lean more towards north carolina... maybe oregon. :


i am the goddess of purge. when we moved, we got rid of at least 80% of our posessions. feels sooo good! :
aweynsayl is offline  
#132 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
 
tallulahma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
I was just going through the beautiful tarot decks on aeclectic.net and found this lovely and had to share!

Nature's Healing Oracle - The Nature's Healing Oracle is a set of 30 cards designed to use the power of plants for physical and spiritual wellbeing. The cards are in four categories - Essential Elements; Herbs and Flowers; Grains, Legumes and Vegetables; and Fruits Great for the beginning kitchen witch.

So many lovely decks, how to choose just one!
how did i miss this?

that deck is lovely

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
tallulahma is offline  
#133 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
 
AlpineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I skimmed the thread and a big to all of you who need it!!

Well, I can officially say that this Lammas was the best I've ever had. I wrote earlier about not being able to connect with the day before, but this year it "clicked" more than usual. First off, the Ren Faire was really fun, and the energy there was really interesting... I'm really glad Inanna_Mama suggested it because I doubt I ever would have gone on my own, but it was really pretty fun!! And of course it was great to meet her and her cutey DS. :

Then when we got home, I made the bread and rice pudding from Willow Polson's Sabbat Entertaining book. It was a hit with my DS, and the blackberry honey sauce was perfect. http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=lammas008.jpg

And then, as I was saying a prayer in front of our altar, I noticed a really pretty rainbow outside right as I was finishing up. I thought it was very pretty and all, but right then DH came downstairs and to the other side of our living room and pointed out the rainbow THERE... turns out we had a full-on arc rainbow overhead! It was very cool; I've only seen a few in my life. Very bright and pretty.

Here's our altar, and a close-up of the corn dolly we made. (She dried up a little before I took the pic; she was a lot pertier before her skirt and hair dried!)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j.../lammas001.jpg
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=lammas002.jpg

The only downer of the day was me feeling safe enough to try to tell my mom about our celebration (in vague terms) and her going all cold and "What does this have to do with the New Testament?" on me? Sheesh, mom, I've only been on my path since I was 15, you'd think a decade of paganism is more than a passing phase.

Right now I'm finally STARTING to read the pagan camp threads; I've pretty much rushed through Week One today and made up a little binder. It was just the inspiration I needed to get going. I already had a home management binder (neglected) and a book of shadows type of deal (also neglected) but combining them makes so much sense. Yay!
AlpineMama is offline  
#134 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 08:59 PM
 
AlpineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inchijen View Post
how did i miss this?

that deck is lovely
I agree, that's very pretty!! My only gripe is that it only has 30 cards apparently; I would want at least double that.
AlpineMama is offline  
#135 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
While at work yesterday i made a list of 30 things i wanted to get done this week. LOL 30!!! things! who has a list that long? LOL

i guess i should go and try and do a few of those things. lol
that's not all that bad, MO3-- you said in a week. that's only 4 per day! you can do it! well, unless they're things like....well, purge the house ::

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is offline  
#136 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
it is a time thing! not enough hours in the day... or just so much to do that it feels that way. plus it is so hard to go thru stuff when you have a child who can not let ANYTHING go at all. nothing. it is nuts! i need dh to take the kidlets out so i can just go thru stuff and then be done with it. LOL

h
omgs, you too?!? how old? my 7.5yo wants to keep *everything*. i swear his ADHD comes in handy for purging stuff when he's not looking out of sight, out of mind, kwim? but then it'll be a year or two later, and he's going "where's my <fill in blank>?"...then i can honestly answer "i don't know" because i DON'T!

eek. he got in this purging mood a couple weeks ago, went through one small bin in his room, which took like four hours, literally-- and then purged maybe 8 small things. like fast food toys. we put them in a bin and then for DAYS he was bugging me to give them back. i kept saying "maybe later" and finally, finally he's let up about it. i'll keep them back for another half a year and then get rid of them

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is offline  
#137 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
mmmm. i tend to lean more towards north carolina... maybe oregon. :
oh, aweyn, come here to asheville! wouldn't that be so fun?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is offline  
#138 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
 
BurtsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
mmmm. i tend to lean more towards north carolina... maybe oregon. :
Oooo, pick NC you'll be much closer to me! :

AlpineMama, you rice pudding looks so yummy and you altar is just beautiful. I love the corn dolly!!

-Rachel

BurtsGirl is offline  
#139 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
 
redveg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Kitchen:)
Posts: 3,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
I was just going through the beautiful tarot decks on aeclectic.net and found this lovely and had to share!

Nature's Healing Oracle - The Nature's Healing Oracle is a set of 30 cards designed to use the power of plants for physical and spiritual wellbeing. The cards are in four categories - Essential Elements; Herbs and Flowers; Grains, Legumes and Vegetables; and Fruits Great for the beginning kitchen witch.

So many lovely decks, how to choose just one!
I can never choose just one, that's why I have 7. I do tend to use two of them more than the others. Holidays etc...

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

redveg is offline  
#140 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 PM
 
tallulahma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
mmmm. i tend to lean more towards north carolina... maybe oregon. :


i am the goddess of purge. when we moved, we got rid of at least 80% of our posessions. feels sooo good! :
i vote oregon.

i WILL one day have a farm in oregon.

but i tend to favor the west coast

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
tallulahma is offline  
#141 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
 
CariOfOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the Lounge
Posts: 4,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Oh gods and little green apples... I just need to vent for one tiny little moment. Just to get it out of my soul and off my chest.
: Geez sounds like mom has a screw loose there if you kwim. Does SHE see a therapist to help her cope with all this stuff with your dad?? Because it sounds like it's really becoming a strain on her if she is lashing out so

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
I'd like to start the day off with a requests for calm, peaceful, and enlightening thoughts today, if you don't mind sharing.

All three kids have appointments with a neurologist this afternoon.
I will think good thoughts for you hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
sending virtual RR to you both! and huge hugs... and some yoda chocolate.



ok, jealous on two counts! although, i got to see jen at the bfing fair.. not quite the same kind of fair, though!
Ok.. Yoda chocolate???

And It's not SO different... bf fair = lots of women breast feeding bubbies, and assorted info/paraphenalia. Medieval faire = lots of women with much cleavage (which probably feeds babies when living it's mundane identity as opposed to it's faire persona lol) .. so all around you have boobs! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
I am feeling this great urge to purge my house. It is all I can do to do other things. I want to just get rid of everything! we have too much stuff. ACK! Yet I can't seem to get ahold of the day and get stuff done.
While at work yesterday i made a list of 30 things i wanted to get done this week. LOL 30!!! things! who has a list that long? LOL
I hope you made at least a few of those 30 things *small* things lol. I've majorly purged over the last 18mos here too.. now I'm working on decrapping my bedroom (there's a whole thread of us over in decluttering hehe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Though my brother called while we were out to say she informed him that I am dangerously delusional, and that she will be protecting my dad from me and doesn't want me to contact them in any way since she knows I've cut them out of my heart. On the one hand, I'm going to enjoy the "break" but on the other I just want to cry for her and how much she must be hurting. Not to mention my dad.
We don't mind you 'offloading' some of the internal crap here hun. Your mom spreading crap that you are dangerously delusional?? way over the line.. I think for the short term she's definitely doing you a favour in that you'll get a break from her drama... but of course you'll worry about your dad, bit of a no win situation isn't it :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMama View Post
Here's our altar, and a close-up of the corn dolly we made. (She dried up a little before I took the pic; she was a lot pertier before her skirt and hair dried!)
Oh I love your wooden spoon corn dolly! That's the best
Quote:
The only downer of the day was me feeling safe enough to try to tell my mom about our celebration (in vague terms) and her going all cold and "What does this have to do with the New Testament?" on me? Sheesh, mom, I've only been on my path since I was 15, you'd think a decade of paganism is more than a passing phase.
LMAO Don't ya just love denial?

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
CariOfOz is offline  
#142 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 11:14 PM
 
Fiestabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inchijen View Post
i vote oregon.

i WILL one day have a farm in oregon.

but i tend to favor the west coast
Dh and I would LOVE to live in Oregon someday. I actually have a lot of family there (and in Idaho and Washington). We vacationed for two weeks in Oregon last summer. It was hard to go home!!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Fiestabeth is offline  
#143 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 PM
 
aweynsayl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
oh, aweyn, come here to asheville! wouldn't that be so fun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Oooo, pick NC you'll be much closer to me! :
i would just LOVE to live in asheville. it's totally on my list... NC is a fave because two of my absolute fave 3D friends live there (not to mention it seems to host a plethora of crunchy pagan delights!)... and one of my fave aunts. though the way things are looking here, we'll be here a while longer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchijen View Post
i vote oregon.....but i tend to favor the west coast
yeah, i'm a bit of a west coast gal myself. i do love oregon... though our last trip left a bit of a bad taste (admitedly, that might have been the massive salt overdose that is MIL's cooking...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Ok.. Yoda chocolate???

And It's not SO different... .. so all around you have boobs! lol
here's the chocolate clay and i and i think a few others were obsessing over a while back.... we call it yoda chocolate for obvious reasons, lol.

good point about boobages! one of the booths even had little boobie cookies! ds, much to my shock, did not want one....
aweynsayl is offline  
#144 of 788 Old 08-04-2008, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
CariOfOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: the Lounge
Posts: 4,604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL ok lovin the yoda choccie :

LMAO @ boobie cookies!!!!! Too hilarious.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
CariOfOz is offline  
#145 of 788 Old 08-05-2008, 12:12 AM
 
tallulahma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestabeth View Post
Dh and I would LOVE to live in Oregon someday. I actually have a lot of family there (and in Idaho and Washington). We vacationed for two weeks in Oregon last summer. It was hard to go home!!
we have family in oregon too!
they are forever begging us to move....sending us beautiful pictures of all that is near them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post



good point about boobages! one of the booths even had little boobie cookies! ds, much to my shock, did not want one....

dh took TWO!
he even told everyone at our bbq last night about them-
"we went to the breastfeeding fair, they had boob cookies. Chocolate and vanilla."


~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
tallulahma is offline  
#146 of 788 Old 08-05-2008, 12:29 AM
 
DaughterOfKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 12,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone's been so chatty lately! I probably won't be able to post much this week and then next week I'll be away on vacation (thank Goddess!)

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

DaughterOfKali is offline  
#147 of 788 Old 08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
 
Inanna_Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
mmmm. i tend to lean more towards north carolina... maybe oregon. :


i am the goddess of purge. when we moved, we got rid of at least 80% of our posessions. feels sooo good! :
Oregon coast - done! I'm there. :

We move often and each time I freecycle/craigslist/trash most of our belongings (much to DH's dismay). And yet, the moment we get to a new place, it all seems to find it's way back to us via the same avenues used to rid us of it in the first place :

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineMama View Post
I skimmed the thread and a big to all of you who need it!!

Well, I can officially say that this Lammas was the best I've ever had. I wrote earlier about not being able to connect with the day before, but this year it "clicked" more than usual. First off, the Ren Faire was really fun, and the energy there was really interesting... I'm really glad Inanna_Mama suggested it because I doubt I ever would have gone on my own, but it was really pretty fun!! And of course it was great to meet her and her cutey DS. :

Then when we got home, I made the bread and rice pudding from Willow Polson's Sabbat Entertaining book. It was a hit with my DS, and the blackberry honey sauce was perfect. http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=lammas008.jpg

And then, as I was saying a prayer in front of our altar, I noticed a really pretty rainbow outside right as I was finishing up. I thought it was very pretty and all, but right then DH came downstairs and to the other side of our living room and pointed out the rainbow THERE... turns out we had a full-on arc rainbow overhead! It was very cool; I've only seen a few in my life. Very bright and pretty.

Here's our altar, and a close-up of the corn dolly we made. (She dried up a little before I took the pic; she was a lot pertier before her skirt and hair dried!)

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j.../lammas001.jpg
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...=lammas002.jpg

The only downer of the day was me feeling safe enough to try to tell my mom about our celebration (in vague terms) and her going all cold and "What does this have to do with the New Testament?" on me? Sheesh, mom, I've only been on my path since I was 15, you'd think a decade of paganism is more than a passing phase.

Right now I'm finally STARTING to read the pagan camp threads; I've pretty much rushed through Week One today and made up a little binder. It was just the inspiration I needed to get going. I already had a home management binder (neglected) and a book of shadows type of deal (also neglected) but combining them makes so much sense. Yay!
So happy you had a great holy day! And the rice pudding w/blackberry sauce looks divine! Love the altar and corn doll, too.

I'm new at self-identifying as pagan, but I have a long (albeit distant now) history with Christianity. Although I am aware of the connections between it and paganism, historically, I haven't really studied it. However, intuitively, I sense so many connections between the two : (all dogma aside).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestabeth View Post
Dh and I would LOVE to live in Oregon someday. I actually have a lot of family there (and in Idaho and Washington). We vacationed for two weeks in Oregon last summer. It was hard to go home!!
If we both moved there, maybe Majikfaerie would join us, too

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Inanna_Mama is offline  
#148 of 788 Old 08-05-2008, 01:24 AM
 
Fiestabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
If we both moved there, maybe Majikfaerie would join us, too
Quit tempting me! She and I have already decided we're meeting in San Fran next year for our 30th b-days, I suppose we could meet on the Oregon coast instead. :

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Fiestabeth is offline  
#149 of 788 Old 08-05-2008, 01:37 AM
 
Inanna_Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestabeth View Post
Quit tempting me! She and I have already decided we're meeting in San Fran next year for our 30th b-days, I suppose we could meet on the Oregon coast instead. :


Love your siggy!

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

Inanna_Mama is offline  
#150 of 788 Old 08-05-2008, 01:51 AM
 
Fiestabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post


Love your siggy!
Thought you might.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Fiestabeth is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off