~*~August Pagan Families Circle~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Being how it's already August here, I thought I'd get a jump on starting the new thread (mainly so I don't miss subbing to it and miss 3days of posts like I did recently lol)

For us down unda', it's Imbolc! Tomorrow we'll be making a big pot of potato & leek soup & bread rolls for dinner and a yummy custard for dessert. I'm feeling very run down so I don't think we'll do anything REALLY exciting unfortunately.

We went up to the shopping centre that happens to have the best fenced & shade cloth covered playground today, and I got a posh iced coffee and we sat out enjoying the beautiful weather for a long time. We did do a little something sabbat related... I've got the poops with yogurt being nearly 8bucks for the one we like (nice & thick with natural cultures and not tons of sugar) so we bought a yogurt maker! Maybe I'll set that up to go this afternoon so we can have our own homemade yogurt tomorrow I know we'll like it, as we used to have one but the kids broke it

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#2 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 04:14 AM

Oh man! I was coming here to start the thread! LOL Hopefully this month I will actually show up. It has been NUTS here this summer. Some good nuts and some not so good.

Here is to a great August! :

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#3 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 04:32 AM

i think this is the first time in 6 months i've read every post in a thread.

Ill enjoy it while it lasts.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#4 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

LMAO Jen

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#5 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 08:17 AM

Would it be ok if i sit in here with you all this month?

I feel that my spiritual draw is more pagan than anything else. Want to learn more!

Heather
#6 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 AM

Hello pagan mamas!

It's Lammas today here, so I'm working on a plan (nothing like waiting til the very last minute!). I think we'll have a veggie and tofu scramble for breakfast. That's a good start, no?

It's also Solar Eclipse Day! I think it's about over now. We didn't get to see much from NY, plus it was just a tad bit overcast here. But I watched through live streaming at the NASA site. I'll probably do a small lesson on solar eclipses with the kids and we'll watch some video later (they aren't up yet).

I'm doing this new thing (well, I used to do it all the time) where I getup early in the morning, do my morning ritual and housework before anyone is up. I really enjoy the quiet time to myself. Also, it's the dog days of summer here, so I try not to move much between the hours of 10am and 6pm----that means things like housework, laundry, filing, decluttering are best done first thing in the morning! I'm actually a morning person by nature, but I work evenings so I've lost my connection to the dawn a bit.

I'm working my pagan home binder and morning and evening rituals and learning about Getting Things Done/Zen to Done but I lost my focus on Pagan Camp. My plan is to read up on this weeks camp and do some divination work this weekend with my younger dd who is very interested in tarot and reading stones.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#7 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 08:30 AM

I'm finishing up my packing and then leaving for Body Tribal. I desperately need this, so I'm looking forward to it (even though ahving your period in the woods kind of sucks ).

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#8 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 AM

That looks like a lot of fun, eilonwy! Have a great time!!

#9 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4another View Post
Would it be ok if i sit in here with you all this month?

I feel that my spiritual draw is more pagan than anything else. Want to learn more!

Heather
: Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningmama View Post

I'm working my pagan home binder and morning and evening rituals and learning about Getting Things Done/Zen to Done but I lost my focus on Pagan Camp. My plan is to read up on this weeks camp and do some divination work this weekend with my younger dd who is very interested in tarot and reading stones.
It's a LOT to keep up with isn't it! I'm muddling along trying to keep up.. hoping I get some rest & perk up over the weekend

#10 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:03 AM

My mom will be coming for a visit on the 9th (she's in CA) and on the 10th she's taking ds and I on vacation. :

I've been looking forward to this for months!! We are only going to South County, RI but we'll be close to the ocean. (well, not walking close)

I'm looking forward to relaxing at the B&B. I'm counting on this vacation to recharge my batteries.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#11 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM

Have fun Rynna!

There is a discussion about Kindles on the tail end of last month's thread (what on earth happened to July?) I have been considering a Kindle or Reader. There are a couple other eReaders I am researching... iLiad & Cybook are equally intriguing. DP is the gadget junkie but I may have to go with him on one of these. My dad read books on his palm pilot all the time.

it would definitely help cut down on the physical space my library takes up. I'd probably just stick to fiction, since I am a margin scribbler when it comes to cookbooks, craft books and gardening & history tomes.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#12 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM

Good morning everyone. We're back from vacation and I have so much catching up to do. But I wanted to pop in and say hello and Happy Lammas!

-Rachel

#13 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Merry Lammas to all.

Four years ago, DH and I were married on Lammas Eve and carried the party over into Lammas Day. We're continuing the tradition and are heading down to the boat club where we got married this evening to spend the weekend camping with friends who shared our circle four years ago and friends we've made since then. We're going to have a bonfire, do some drumming, spin some poi, play midnight freeze tag...should be fun.
#14 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM

DoK have fun! I am just over the border.

We are trying to get to Charlestown this month... Fantastic Umbrella Factory & Frosty Drew Observatory.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

#15 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:35 AM

I thought the Umbrella Factory closed. My mom will be so excited if it's still open!

#16 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I thought the Umbrella Factory closed. My mom will be so excited if it's still open!
It was open in March, ummm maybe you should call first. I know they had been trying to sell it, may be someone bought it.

#17 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:45 AM

Welcome to the circle of crazy pagan peoples time4another! We've been pretty quiet the past month or so so this is a great time to join in... some months we talk non-stop and somehow there's another 2-3 pages every morning when I wake up!

eilonwy- Have fun! (woods and womanhood clash aside) I wish I lived close enough to a center to join in.... but I checked and 4Q is about 5 hours away. Poo! I enjoy the solitary kitchen witch lifestyle but wish it was a bit more optional, you know? Anyway... have a wonderful weekend and gloriously fun event!

And welcome back from your trip Burtsgirl. I hope it was relaxing and renewing. And have fun DoK... you and your little one are so deserving of a happy fun break. I hope you have a blast.

Ok, I'm positive I've missed someone, something, somewhen, but for everyone and everything :

And now I've got to go clean... or maybe prep the Lughnasadh bonfire... our storage unit contract expired yesterday so we pulled everything out and right now our itty bitty house is beyond full, and there are piles all over the yard under big blue tarps. And today is a holy day. AND my MIL and SIL will be arriving tonight or tomorrow morning. And my SIL has never seen our house (she's actually never met the girls either) so I'm a bit stressed. Oh, and Paco-dog just ate a box of crayons. Errrrr. I'm sure he'll be fine (though I should probably warn dh so the evening walk doesn't end with an "OMG he's pooping purple!") but now the living room throw rug looks like there was a massacre of crayola proportions. Which there was. So I guess we're doing the laundry too!

: Happy Lughnasadh all! May your fires burn bright, may your fields be full, and may your dreams be gentle as the seasons turn towards home. :

and that goes for Imbolc too!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#18 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

: Happy Lughnasadh all! May your fires burn bright, may your fields be full, and may your dreams be gentle as the seasons turn towards home. :

Right back at ya.

#19 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Ok, I havent posted on here in forever, but maybe I will be able to keep up this time

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#20 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 AM

Happy Lammas, everyone!! : i just love that jumpy smiley.

last night i took Smooth Move tea, for those of you who don't know what it is, see if you can guess from the name and i'm sure this is TMI, but i was up at 3am until something like quarter to four, with the most painful stomach cramps i've had in umpteen years. i was sweating, i was cold, my arms were numb, i thought i was going to die. everytime i tried to lay back down i had to get up again immediately. and i honestly don't think it was, um, that productive, considering the pain i was in. it's 10:30ish a.m. and i'm *just* starting to feel better. yikes, i'm tired. but we are going to the lake today (small beach there) so hopefully i will get to rest some.

happy holiday, happy holy day, happy vacation (i hate that word, though, has to do with word origins compared to "holiday" ) to all of you who are going away!

oh, cari, i'm sorry i didn't get back to you with that recipe. this fast has thrown me for a loop. i can hardly concentrate on anything. i am waiting for the enlightenment that lots of people seem to get with not eating
i bet, though, if you went to the Vegetarian Times site, they might have it in a search. it's their recipes that i use.

oh, welcome heather!

july CREPT by, for me. i am hoping, though, that these next two weeks creep by also. ds starts school on <gasp> the 13th!! of THIS month. with a mandatory orientation on the 11th, at 8-freakin-30 in the morning. and i start classes on the 18th. yowsa!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#21 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Happy Lughnasadh everyone! I've been lurking and not posting for the last few months since Evie came but I am finally in the posting mood again! We are celebrating with a trip to the beach, some time in the garden and, of course, FOOD!!!
We are at MIL's on vacation so it's a bit different this year but that's ok- I'll make due

Laura WAHM to Mar 03/01/05 and Evie 05/14/08, partner to Craig
#22 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM

Delurking here as well (sort-of did already on the Camp thread). Not sure how much I'll be able to contribute as I'm a wee little paganlette and my own little one makes posting challenging, but I'll do my best. Been following you lovely women for several months and really appreciate this circle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

For us down unda', it's Imbolc! Tomorrow we'll be making a big pot of potato & leek soup & bread rolls for dinner and a yummy custard for dessert. I'm feeling very run down so I don't think we'll do anything REALLY exciting unfortunately.

We went up to the shopping centre that happens to have the best fenced & shade cloth covered playground today, and I got a posh iced coffee
Blessed Imbolc, Cari! Sorry you're down, but if that was a real Australian-style iced coffee...with ice cream and everything, I'm sure it helped That is SO the way to do it! None of this milk over ice business.

Quote:
Hello pagan mamas!

It's Lammas today here, so I'm working on a plan (nothing like waiting til the very last minute!). I think we'll have a veggie and tofu scramble for breakfast. That's a good start, no?

It's also Solar Eclipse Day! I think it's about over now. We didn't get to see much from NY, plus it was just a tad bit overcast here. But I watched through live streaming at the NASA site. I'll probably do a small lesson on solar eclipses with the kids and we'll watch some video later (they aren't up yet).
Would you believe, DS has had me up long enough this morning to have seen the eclipse, but I was too busy being in a sleep deprived funk to notice? We were even out on a walk...all I had to do was look up, but no. So sad I missed it.

Really want to make rosemary bread today, but it's supposed to be over 100 degrees and my only oven is an indoor electric one. Not ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View Post
Merry Lammas to all.

Four years ago, DH and I were married on Lammas Eve and carried the party over into Lammas Day.
Happy Anniversary, Earth Mama

Quote:
: Happy Lughnasadh all! May your fires burn bright, may your fields be full, and may your dreams be gentle as the seasons turn towards home. :[/B]

and that goes for Imbolc too!
What a beautiful blessing, thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
Happy Lammas, everyone!! : i just love that jumpy smiley.

last night i took Smooth Move tea, for those of you who don't know what it is, see if you can guess from the name and i'm sure this is TMI, but i was up at 3am until something like quarter to four, with the most painful stomach cramps i've had in umpteen years. i was sweating, i was cold, my arms were numb, i thought i was going to die. everytime i tried to lay back down i had to get up again immediately. and i honestly don't think it was, um, that productive, considering the pain i was in. it's 10:30ish a.m. and i'm *just* starting to feel better. yikes, i'm tired. but we are going to the lake today (small beach there) so hopefully i will get to rest some.
Bleck! Hope you feel better soon!!

And, a blessed day to all!

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#23 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 12:44 PM

Hot temps, indoor oven.... ah hah!

They claim these things can be made from "household items" but personally they must be talking about a much better stocked house than mine. That said, maybe a homemade solar oven would do the bread baking trick?

This one is pretty basic http://www.allfreecrafts.com/nature/solar-cooker.shtml and they have recipes too....

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#24 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 12:49 PM

We had tofu and veggie scramble for breakfast. I was thinking about baking something today but it is just way too hot. So, we'll order pizza tonight----hey, it's dough! Oh, maybe we'll get some garlic knots and zepolis!

eta: we'll finally be painting the paper mache bowls we made during kitchen week! Then we can finish our late-summer altar.

#25 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Hot temps, indoor oven.... ah hah!

They claim these things can be made from "household items" but personally they must be talking about a much better stocked house than mine. That said, maybe a homemade solar oven would do the bread baking trick?

This one is pretty basic http://www.allfreecrafts.com/nature/solar-cooker.shtml and they have recipes too....
Brilliant! Thank you...if I can clear my head between now and noon, I might just try it

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#26 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchijen View Post
i think this is the first time in 6 months i've read every post in a thread.
Ill enjoy it while it lasts.
So true. Me too.
Quote:
I'm working my pagan home binder and morning and evening rituals and learning about Getting Things Done/Zen to Done but I lost my focus on Pagan Camp.
I think I'm going to be adding camp to my dailies. I definitely need to set up a reminder to start C&Ping all this fabulous stuff so I can print it out later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I'm finishing up my packing and then leaving for Body Tribal.
That's looks so very cool. Have a great time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
It's a LOT to keep up with isn't it! I'm muddling along trying to keep up.. hoping I get some rest & perk up over the weekend
Me too! I've had a sinus infection this week and dealing with offline stressy stuff, so I've been behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
There is a discussion about Kindles on the tail end of last month's thread (what on earth happened to July?) I have been considering a Kindle or Reader. There are a couple other eReaders I am researching... iLiad & Cybook are equally intriguing. DP is the gadget junkie but I may have to go with him on one of these. My dad read books on his palm pilot all the time.
I so want one of these. I've told T I want one for Yule. Not sure I can hold out that long though. This geek girl has gadget lust.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#27 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Good morning all! Having an interesting and intense morning.

Guess what I found in my garden this morning?! PICKLING CUCUMBERS! My garden has been sucky this year, but this morning cucumbers! I am so happy. I have a few peppers too, so I think I iwll make pickles today! :

Rosemary bread sounds good. Maybe I will make some... or maybe I will just get some at Trader Joes. LOL It is suppose to be well over 105 here today. Just HOT HOT HOT!

ok off to wrangle my wild boys.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#28 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
eilonwy- Have fun! (woods and womanhood clash aside) I wish I lived close enough to a center to join in.... but I checked and 4Q is about 5 hours away. Poo! I enjoy the solitary kitchen witch lifestyle but wish it was a bit more optional, you know? Anyway... have a wonderful weekend and gloriously fun event!
Check the rideshare database; Lots of people travel that far. Farther, even. Stones Rising should be incredibly cool.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#29 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 02:05 PM

OK, I'm subing again this month. Maybe I'll be able to keep up this time!

Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you.)0(
#30 of 788 Old 08-01-2008, 02:28 PM

woohoo, posting on my new laptop!

We made bread (nice round loaf , cracked open, whole wheat goodness), fresh marinara (basil, tomatoes and local onion,peppers). Can't wait for dinner. :

We will hold our ceremony this evening as dh said he wants to particpate. (which he usually doesn't)

Happy Lammas!
When I told the girls what today was...Bella said, "the day of bread...I like celebrating bread." *smiles* girl after my own stomach.

Mercyn- Stomach cramps- I have IBS...I understand the pain. feel better!

Mamaofthree- pickling cukes- do you have a recipe? I have found many, many recipes but it would be great to have a tried and true one.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page