~*~ Pagan Families September Circle~*~ - Page 32 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#931 of 946 Old 09-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sigh. Ds is coughing a LOT this morning. Going to give him a bath this morning and see if the steam helps.
If not, I'll be calling the doc again.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#932 of 946 Old 09-30-2008, 09:45 AM

DOK-Will tea help? I know you said he doesn't like to take anything.

Dh is home sick- just a cold, but Erin has been sick, so they can both rest.

I know many pagan christians, well at least many who believe Jesus was a real guy and enjoy his stories. I used to consider myself a christo-pagan but not anymore. This leads me to...I wonder where I will be in another 10years. I have changed in the last ten years.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#933 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 AM

DOK - hugs and keep us informed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I know many pagan christians, well at least many who believe Jesus was a real guy and enjoy his stories.
I would love to meet more! I have been a very earth centered christian for 4 years now and *I* find it easy to blend the two. I don't think too many others find it easy to understand how I blend them...

~ Kim

mama to E (01-2007) and wife to C

#934 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 01:53 AM

*sigh* So BooBah's been ill with the "itsavirus" known around here as Green Barfing Disease or Green Barfing Nasties. Not a big deal, but we needed to make sure her kidneys were still all right-- she's fine. Bella started wheezing and coughing last night, so i brought her in as well, but the PA who saw her didn't really grok my concerns... and tonight, despite the administration of albuterol (not with a nebulizer but with a spacer-- she's *two*, and didn't get the 'breathe in, breath out' so she probably didn't get the freaking medicine : ) she's coughing and wheezing again. Not huge, eventually I'll get her in to see her regular doctor who will be terribly clever and write a script for the nebzabella albuterol.

Here's the awful bit: Bear's having diarrhea again. : This time it reeks of rotavirus... : In any case, he's got four more days to not deflate before he'll end up hospitalized for a third freaking time. : Is it unreasonable of me to think that this sort of thing is NOT NORMAL?! I mean sheesh! This is my *fourth child*, and this is faaaarrrrr from being my first experience with diarrhea, but I have never had a child hospitalized even for 24 hours of IV fluids in the past. My instinct is to blame the formula (for those of you who don't know, Bear is my first child to receive artificial milk of any kind for any reason), but he's already on the formula they give to kids if nothing else works (elemental, amino acid-based slurry). I mean seriously... WTF?! Anyway, I"m worried about him because he's acting sick-- he's crying (not entirely tearlessly...) and moving like he's in pain, refusing to eat... Meh. :

Bean is supposed to go to his grandparents' house on Thursday in anticipation of a trip to Colonial Williamsburg on Friday. I'm supposed to leave for Embers on Thursday or Friday. I really need to go, I haven't done anything for myself at all lately and it's wearing on me... but if Bear's looking extra icky, I'll have a hard time with it. :

*sigh* I'm such a downer today.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#935 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 02:29 AM

You're all wonderful!!! : I'm not sure how exactly or why but everything with my grandfather is fine! He had Diverticulitis, which are basically polyps on the colon that expand like balloons and burst. So that explains everything. They were able to go in and remove them and he's in great spirits. My mom saw him today and she got to see my brother as well since he drove up from NYC to see my GF. So, Grandfather is in really good spirits and should be home pretty soon. I think I'm going down to visit on Saturday. Thank you all SO much for any energy or healing that you sent. Even just knowing that you were all here in case the outcome wasn't so fortunate was a great comfort. I feel very, very blessed.

DoK - : to the little guy! What is up with the illnesses around here lately? Hope he's feeling like himself again very soon!!!

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#936 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Here's the awful bit: Bear's having diarrhea again. : This time it reeks of rotavirus... : In any case, he's got four more days to not deflate before he'll end up hospitalized for a third freaking time. : Is it unreasonable of me to think that this sort of thing is NOT NORMAL?!
NO, definitely not unreasonable! Poor little dude, dudette, and MOM! Sounds like absolute HELL week at your house hun. I had a whole 7months like that last year so I completely feel your pain and REALLY hope for some health to waft your way anytime now already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilamus View Post
You're all wonderful!!! : I'm not sure how exactly or why but everything with my grandfather is fine! He had Diverticulitis, which are basically polyps on the colon that expand like balloons and burst.
Glad it's nothing life threatening! It can be quite the miserable experience... I worked in nursing and saw a few bad cases, and got the most graphic description of it EVER from the attending doctor LMAO. I hope GF feels better soon

My dear hubby was all moany & groany this morning about 430am.. and at 6 when it was time to get up it was pretty obvious he wasn't goin to work. So being the wonderfully kind woman I am.. I let him sleep till 930 and upon him rolling out of bed I got my gear together and buggered off to run errands. How rare is the opportunity to go shopping and to the library all ALONE!?!?! It was heaven not to have to try to corral children at the library that's for sure hehehe.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#937 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I am Jewish by birth also. I am less Jewish than my friends back home, but more Jewish than anyone in my new state. I have only met 2 other Jewish people in 3 years. I have never encountered any Jewish Pagans..until now.
I am a walk-in pagan... I think that I have discussed this at length here before, so I won't ramble on about it... I have never met (irl) another walk-in but the few I have chatted with on the net have been more of the 'new age' spirituality where as I (although I read and acknowlege new age philosophies) am a pagan/green witch.

I think the big diff between pagans and new age is the science/quantum factor. I don't balance my chakras or meditate but hey, I'm all for it I would rather build a fairy house and light incense and candles on my alters.

Pagans embrace gods/goddesses and New Agers embrace energies and vibrations. Do you ladies think that is a reasonable comparison?

good witch
#938 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 AM

Good morning mamas...DOK and eilonwy, I hope your little ones get better soon. Leilamus, so glad to hear the good news about your grandfather.

I hope everyone has a great day.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#939 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
DOK-Will tea help? I know you said he doesn't like to take anything.
I've tried to get him to drink tea but he just won't do it.
He's exhausted this morning. Sounds like he just woke up at 7:45am! (he's usually an early bird).
Don't think we'll be able to get to school on time.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#940 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 09:03 AM

Eilowny-Poor kids. Umm, how can someone who works with kids not get that little ones can't do spacers? *shakes head* Healing vibes to your house!

Erin is on the mend, I think. I am watching for a rash or anything but if she is better today we are doing something, even if it's just a ride in the car.

Well better get Gilli ready for school.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#941 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Eilowny-Poor kids. Umm, how can someone who works with kids not get that little ones can't do spacers? *shakes head* Healing vibes to your house!
Apparently she read some study that said that this particular spacer is just as effective as nebulizer treatments with small children. Nevermind that it's only freaking applicable with a kid who understands what to do with the spacer. Bella's never done it before, and she's *sick*; Now is not the time to try to teach her to blow up the ballon and then suck it back in again! :

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#942 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 PM

eilonwy- that sounds horrible! i hope all of your little ones are ok sending lots of healing vibes.

And to all the other sickies, there seems to be an awful lot, it is hard to keep track, especially in my current frame of mind. I am thinking of you all, keep safe.
#943 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 12:56 PM

yes, i know it's october (HUZZAH!!!) but i wanted to keep sept in sept, so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
.....It NEVER occurred to me that there was a direct connection!!! It is so cool that the writers worked on his campaign.. and I read the fictional chat between Pres Bartlett and Obama and it was : ....

I have to share.. You get the idea... well this morning he came up to me on the couch and said 'helloow mummy mornin' ....
i saw that article by sorkin. wasnt it the best!
ds was a late talker too. that's adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
You people who do all these extensive quotes are making the rest of us look bad.
(honestly, I'm impressed)
lol! i think it's some sort of enfp issue... i hate to be left out, lol.

Quote:
If anyone's got a bit of energy on their hands... BooBah is sick. ..... I have a headache and really feel generally unhappy today. I'm trying to get things done and think positively, but I feel so pathetic and drained. : Meh.
hugs you!!! you soo need a break! this is when we need (1) our pagan farm resort, and (2) transporters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Mercury retrograde is screwing with DH and I. We were doing so better at communication ....Doesn't help that I am all paranoid about the state of the economy right now.
oh, sweets. this retrograde is all about communication, so that makes sense. hugs! as for the other, if you're into it, that mayan calendar article i posted puts a really rosey spin on things.... i find abundance affirmations help as well, and making sure the abundance sector of your place has a good crystal and some purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
hence, "grub"-- a grub IS a baby bug
ha! love it.

Quote:
: sorry about that LOL. Y'all just chat TOO MUCH between the time I go to bed and when I get up so I figure one multiquote whammo instead of serial posting
ditto. and should mdc be down for a day, well.........

Quote:
... This leads me to...I wonder where I will be in another 10years. I have changed in the last ten years.
ha! i was just thinking about this last night...... :

Quote:
*sigh* So BooBah's been ill with the "itsavirus" known around here as Green Barfing Disease or Green Barfing Nasties. ....Bear's having diarrhea again. : This time it reeks of rotavirus...
seriously. gak! huge hugs and healing vibes!!!!

Quote:
You're all wonderful!!! : I'm not sure how exactly or why but everything with my grandfather is fine!
huzzah!!!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplespirit View Post
...I think the big diff between pagans and new age is the science/quantum factor. .... Pagans embrace gods/goddesses and New Agers embrace energies and vibrations. Do you ladies think that is a reasonable comparison?
not in my case, for certain, but i'd be up for a conversation about it! (did i mention i missed you??)
#944 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Hey all,
I've been crazy busy. So I haven't had much time to be online. My family has gone bonkers. You know, I am twenty years old (in jan.) and do you know what my step mom said to me? she said that she is a good mom because she has let go of some important issues with me. Like how often I should clean my room, and my school work? WTH? Aahhh....*pulling out my hair*.
Hope all is going well for everyone.
Happy OCTOBER! I LOVE OCTOBER...favorite month EVER!
#945 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 PM

wheeee! i got to start the october thread!
#946 of 946 Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 PM

right, October...i wonder if i can multi-quote this thread and have it post over there?

Quote:
: sorry about that LOL. Y'all just chat TOO MUCH between the time I go to bed and when I get up so I figure one multiquote whammo instead of serial posting
yes, that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captivatedlife View Post
I would love to meet more! I have been a very earth centered christian for 4 years now and *I* find it easy to blend the two. I don't think too many others find it easy to understand how I blend them...
i would like to hear more. on the October thread, of course!

Quote:
*sigh* So BooBah's been ill with the "itsavirus" ...

Here's the awful bit: Bear's having diarrhea again. : This time it reeks of rotavirus... : In any case, he's got four more days to not deflate before he'll end up hospitalized for a third freaking time.

*sigh* I'm such a downer today.
aww, poor mama! poor babies! you are having such a rough time! ~sending you some warm soup and tea and a back rub~ loosen those shoulders up, mama

Quote:
You're all wonderful!!! : I'm not sure how exactly or why but everything with my grandfather is fine! He had Diverticulitis, which are basically polyps on the colon that expand like balloons and burst.
YAY grandpa! but ew...diverticulitis. i know what that is. my drum teacher had it ages ago, and he was only 30 or so back then. i'm glad he's feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I've tried to get him to drink tea but he just won't do it.
dunno if it'll do any good (medicine wise) but have you tried freezing it into popsicles? popsicles are the cure-all around here...or they were, when ds was littler. even now, some!

see y'all on the other thread!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page