~*~ Pagan Families September Circle~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 946 Old 08-31-2008, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo.. it's September already.. where HAS this year gone!?!?! Today is the first day of Spring for us down under, and it's overcast/dreary/rainy lol. Had a lovely downpour last night, which was of course brought on by the fact that there was laundry on my clothesline

Today is also my hubby's birthday! We had his parents out yesterday and had an enormous pavlova (although ours did NOT have yucky candy chews on it.. just piles of fruit ) and we hung out on the veranda having coffee & playing with the kids. I swear it went from being downright cold at night here.. to kicking all the covers off last night .. in just a week or so lol. It was shorts & tshirt weather here yesterday and we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#2 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 01:16 AM

I've never had a pavlova, but it looks delicious. :

I am so happy that the seasons are turning. I love cooler weather.

This week we're getting our yard finished up (and childproofed so that DS can finally go outside) and we got the last of our furniture delivered today. (We moved a few months ago and it's only now that we have furniture in our living room. )

All in all... yay for fall. :
#3 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Woohoo.. it's September already.. where HAS this year gone!?!?! Today is the first day of Spring for us down under, and it's overcast/dreary/rainy lol. Had a lovely downpour last night, which was of course brought on by the fact that there was laundry on my clothesline

Today is also my hubby's birthday! We had his parents out yesterday and had an enormous pavlova (although ours did NOT have yucky candy chews on it.. just piles of fruit ) and we hung out on the veranda having coffee & playing with the kids. I swear it went from being downright cold at night here.. to kicking all the covers off last night .. in just a week or so lol. It was shorts & tshirt weather here yesterday and we thoroughly enjoyed it!
same here right down to the washing on the line, it was nappies too, sigh. And that pav on wickipedia is an abomination. Chewy lollies indeed, and where is the passion fruit drizzle? Can you even call that a pav really?

I am not looking forward to summer, not fun, last year at christmas it was43 degrees Celsius, and humid, that was so not fun. we are gettib an aircon in our bedroom that should help, its ok with just us, but with a bub it will be hard especially as she clings to me so much. sorry nak.
#4 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
same here right down to the washing on the line, it was nappies too, sigh. And that pav on wickipedia is an abomination. Chewy lollies indeed, and where is the passion fruit drizzle? Can you even call that a pav really?
I KNOW!!!!! lol My net has been throttled (oops we let the boys watch too much avatar online!) so I couldn't look for a GOOD pic fo a pav! For the american mamas .. Pavlova is a meringue thingy that is soft & fluffy inside, but gets very crusty and yummy outside. You make real whipped cream (non of that non dairy crap!) and slather copious amounts on top.. then you top it with sliced strawberries, kiwi fruit and passionfruit pulp.syrup. The last two items are non negotiable It is devine beyond belief *sigh* and it is all gone ... hehehe.

Quote:
I am not looking forward to summer, not fun, last year at christmas it was43 degrees Celsius, and humid, that was so not fun. we are gettib an aircon in our bedroom that should help, its ok with just us, but with a bub it will be hard especially as she clings to me so much. sorry nak.
To quote Clay.. ye gods and little green apples! lol That is disgustingly hot.. wanna go invade my bil's in NZ with me for the summer? I look forward to summer RIGHT up till about Dec 1... which is allegedly day 1 of summer lol. At this point it's already so disgustingly humid & hot I'm threatening a move to tasmania or NZ. Funny.. I've always lived in hot humid places (ok alaska was the exception, but that was only 3yrs and I have NEVER gotten used to it to the point it doesn't bother me!

Glad you're getting an air con.. you'll find yourself all but living in that room! We have a window unit in our room (dh is a night shifter.. imagine trying to sleep all day in that heat?) and one in the family room. As much as I'm trying to reduce our 'footprint' so to speak... air conditioning in Queensland just isn't up for debate, I WILL HAVE IT lol. So I look for other ways

And in other news.. I have been bone weary exhausted of late and haven't been able to figure out WHY. Well.. I got a call from my docs office, back before I broke my toe (early june) I had gotten some blood work done regarding a suspicous lump on the back of my neck. Doc ordered ultrasound to reassure me but said it was optional.. I opted to not get it done unless anything showed in my bloodwork, I was supposed to get a call if that was the case. Well, apparently I was supposed to get notified, but wasn't.. that I needed to get a repeat thyroid 3mos from the date of that test. WHICH IS NOW!!! So I'm guessing my thyroid is low, which would definitely explain the tiredness Not impressed with that docs office at all. :

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#5 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 AM

Morning all. I hope everyone had a great weekend. For me, Fall is here. The trees are turning beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. It is one of my favorite times of the year. This is my 4th fall in New Hampshire, soon to be my 4th winter also.

CariOfOz..I hope you feel better.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#6 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 10:29 AM

: Happy September, Mamas!

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#7 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 10:50 AM

Good morning! I'd like to join you this month. After about a 5 year spiritual dry spell, I'm coming back around to thinking of myself as Pagan again. I'm not really a good agnostic, I've found, I just sense stuff vaguely that I don't understand. And this makes the most sense for me. It's like coming home.

Any practicing druids here? I'm just trying to learn more for now.
#8 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 11:47 AM

I just got more sad news, my mums little dog has been poisoned she is devestated, this dog was her baby. The police have been called as there are 2 dead dogs now, it looks as if someone is baiting cats. Her other little dog has gone to live with my nana, and is heart broken she wont stop crying when there is no one there. my mum is going to move, she says she cant bear to live there anymore. I am so sad for her this dog was her shadow.
#9 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
battymama, that is horrible. What is wrong with people like that? Seriously!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#10 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I just got more sad news, my mums little dog has been poisoned she is devestated, this dog was her baby. The police have been called as there are 2 dead dogs now, it looks as if someone is baiting cats. Her other little dog has gone to live with my nana, and is heart broken she wont stop crying when there is no one there. my mum is going to move, she says she cant bear to live there anymore. I am so sad for her this dog was her shadow.
to you and your Mum. I'm so sorry to hear of your painful loss of another sweet fur companion.

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#11 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 01:11 PM

Battymama- That's horrible.

So, although I knew it was a new month, I kept looking at the August thread. I keep doing that every month. Duh.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#12 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 02:54 PM

Yay for Autumn!

Battymama- hugs to you and your mom (and the other pup).

Heyla timneh! Welcome!

Cari- to the apples, hugs for the thyroid.

Anyone know how Sage is doing? I think someone here lives near her maybe?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#13 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
How terrible I just don't understand how someone could do something so horrible!

#14 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Awful. I am so sorry for your mom.

It's September!!! I'll see if I can keep up with you chatty ladies this month.

Last week was absolute insanity. My BIL got married on Saturday, about an hour away from here. All the preparations last week took a toll on all of us. Dh ended up having a nasty cold for the rehearsal and wedding, which totally sucked as he was best man. Both my girls were in the wedding as well; junior bridesmaid and flower girl. It was all too much for my 3yo, so my stress level was just through the roof. I had to have my parents bring me some 5-HTP when they came up because I was having major anxiety. I also put together a photo montage for the bride and groom, which took approximately 15 hours to put together between last Monday and Thursday. The reception was fun, at least.

Anyway, I am so glad that is over and so happy for fall. It is my favorite season. Happy birthday to your dh, Cari! It's my other BIL's birthday today, too.

And redveg, fall in New Hampshire.....I am soooo jealous!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#15 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 PM

Jumping in to say finally say hi, after lurking a bit on other months.

We're super busy here, getting our house ready to sell. Living, breathing, eating and sleeping carpets, paint, ceiling fans, etc. for 3 weeks straight. It should all be done very, very soon though. :

I'm looking forward to Fall. It's my absolute favorite time of the year. :

Hey, is anyone here involved with Spiral Scouts? I just started a group, and would love to hear any experiences with the group.

Happy September.
#16 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 PM

Timneh- I remember your thread about druid paths. It's not exactly "druid", but I've enjoyed the book Kindling the Celtic Spirit by Mara Freeman. She is a Druid, and the intro (and a lot of poetry in the book) is by senior members of the OBOD. It's a nice book that goes through the entire year month by month with poems, songs, recipes, rituals, meditations and some quick info on the practices/traditions of the different celtic cultures during that time of year.

Heyla MonkeyPrincess! Good luck with the home sale... we sold our old house in January and it was an adventure and a half. I've got a few "issues" with our new home but I was so relieved to be able to make a mess and not worry about it!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#17 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 PM

i'm back. it's been a long week and a half.. but i'm glad to have experienced it. i'll blog, either late tonight or tomorrow. there was insanity.

i need to get on top of looking for a new place. i don't think mike is going to do it.

i'll try to read back a bit later. just thought i'd say hi.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#18 of 946 Old 09-01-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh_mom View Post
Good morning! I'd like to join you this month. After about a 5 year spiritual dry spell, I'm coming back around to thinking of myself as Pagan again. I'm not really a good agnostic, I've found, I just sense stuff vaguely that I don't understand. And this makes the most sense for me. It's like coming home.

Quote:
I just got more sad news, my mums little dog has been poisoned she is devestated, this dog was her baby.
Wow unbelievable Hope she manages to keep the kitty's inside & safe until she can relocate.. what a pain all THAT will be, but still.. it would be worse to lose anymore furry family members

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
Hey, is anyone here involved with Spiral Scouts? I just started a group, and would love to hear any experiences with the group.
Not I.. I've thought about starting our own Hearth before.. but as there are no other groups here in Aus that I'm aware of, it wouldn't be much of a social outlet for us and we can do crafty/environmental/earthy kinda stuff at home without it. I love the idea of it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
i'm back. it's been a long week and a half.. but i'm glad to have experienced it. i'll blog, either late tonight or tomorrow. there was insanity.

i need to get on top of looking for a new place. i don't think mike is going to do it.
Can't wait to hear about it And never trust the male half to pick a place to live lol.. at least *I* don't! My husband completely places the looking & choosing to moi and was happy to take this place without ever seeing it.. but I made him anyway

I'm trying like hell to NOT drag around like an old sick person to spite whatever is goin on with my thyroid. Spent a couple of hours outside with the kids this morning, hung washing, made them fruit & yogurt for their self created 'picnic' on the patio (consisted of a tablecloth, wooden 'fractions' cake, a pooh bear for company.. and a flower pot that served as a bowl for who knows what pretend substance This of course, scored me cool mum points They are pretending to be firemen now, dragging the disconnected hose around putting out fires.. using make believe axes to hack doors down to save people It's days like this that make it worth surviving the days where they are just horrid.

Took a couple of lovely pics, going to try to add them to our flickr group :

#19 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 03:34 AM

Thanks everyone, my mum is really devestated. She is going on a planed holiday in a week to bali, so i hope that helps her to heal, i think the worst thing for her is just how empty the house feels. She says she keeps on going to feed them, or pat them, or call them to her lap, and there is no one there. I am in tears just writing this, my mum is such a lovely person, she did not deserve to have to carry her fitting dying dog to the vet. Zoe the other dog is in an even worse state, i honestly think she might die of a broken heart, Mish (my mums dog) was her best friend, she already has had a hard life and now this. at least my nana is pampering her, she went and bought chicken breast to cook for her, and didnt let my pop have any because it was too expensive.

Mum does have a cat, one who rocked up on our door step one day, i think she might be goin to my nan's too. The cats that are being baited are stray cats, but they are getting pets too. One little girl down the road found her pet fitting in their back yard it is not a nice way to die either. It is pretty serious as well, this is all down the road from a school and childcare centre, what if this had been a child? i cant even think how horrible that would be. The police are taking this seriously as well. My mum will be looking for a new house when she gets back, she will probally be moving a bit closer to us so that will be nice.

Welcome to all the new people!

On a good note Poppy is rolling front to back and almost has back to front, she just gets her arm stuck under her. She is so desperat to get going, we have to be careful about leaving her on the bed, because she pushes herself around with her feet and tries to eat our sheets. Silly little bug.

Also we are upgrading our herbal business and getting a shop! And by chance one of our new friends that we have been helping out recently is a shop fitter, we didnt even know until we were chatting about the shop. He really wants to help us out, so it just goes to show that the more you give the more you get, then the more you have to give back.

Oh and this is a decent pav:
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?i...icial%26sa%3DN

Also does anyone have the summer camp cut and pasted, i am having trouble getting time to do it all. And i find it hard to cut and paste while nursing. Especially as she is going through an angry octopus stage.
#20 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 03:45 AM

subbing.. just found this and remembered its september!

i want to respond but i am not so fit for unedited access to internet conversations as i have ingested much too much wine with good friends....

ooooh... yep.

off to bed i go..... yay september....

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#21 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 AM

Good morning/evening all. I am getting ready to put my kids on the bus this morning. This is there first time riding to school on the bus..I am more nervous than they are.

battymama..how exciting to be expanding your business. Is there a website we in the states can check out? I do a lot of mail ordering. I live in a VERY small town!!

#22 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 07:51 AM

We are in the process of setting up a website, so i will let you know when it is up, although i am not sure how it would work ordering herbs from overseas.
#23 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 08:24 AM

Today is the first day of Kindergarten! If anyone has any extra positive energy, please send some his way. I'm hoping he won't get sensory overload. I'm hoping he doesn't get confused or lost. I'm hoping he makes friends.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#24 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 AM

DOK- sending lots of happy fun relaxed school day vibes to your boy!

After a busy cleaning weekend, I am looking towards autumn to really arrive and slow us down!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#25 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 AM

Oh, Sprial Scouts. I've heard that the national organization is slow and difficult to work with, but that the program is cool and lots of fun. This, from older kids who've participated and other grownups at the Farm (they've got a circle... of course they do ).

I like the idea, though, of a decidedly pagan children's organization. I wonder if like, BSA has pagan baby patches. I know that there are patches/badges for children of particular religious affiliations to earn... I need not only to find a place to live, but to find a cub scout troop for Bean. He's been asking about joining them since he was about two, and saw the boys selling stuff at EvilMart; This year, he's finally old enough (you have to be in first grade). He'd probably love it, so I think it's worth looking into.

I'm freezing and tired. I'm going back to sleep before Bean's welcome assembly begins. (I love that I don't have to get up and washed and dressed to drive to these things. ) DOK-- I hope your first day of kindergarten goes as well as ours did.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#26 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 10:55 AM

After having some difficulties with spiral scouts we decided now was not the time to join. I love the concept, it just isn't right for us now. They are going through some major growth and feeling the effects.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#27 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 AM

I'm here!

Life story rambling.... I too have been having a bit of spiritual dry spell but I'm back now with a bit of a tweak. I considered myself Wiccan for a while (4ish years I believe) but it never felt just right. I gave up for a little while claiming agnostic but with pagan leanings. For a few months now, I've been feeling very blah like and since I started being more in tune with the spiritual side of life I've felt so much better. : I am Pagan with a bit of Druid leanings out to find the place where I feel most at home. (Should have done that years ago )

I'm SO excited that it's September! I love Autumn. Has anyone else decorated yet? We just moved to Texas and apparently it doesn't really do fall here so I'm not sure when to pull out all the harvest stuff. I want to do it this week but feel like it's jumping the gun. Eh, I just love my decorations.
#28 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM

I love Autumn too, the trees are starting to change here. If you want a date to go by to set out fall decor, Sept 22 is the fall equinox/Mabon. But it's not like you have to wait for a specific day to celebrate the seasons, ykwim?

Cari- Yesterday was my dh's birthday too
Battymama- I hope your mom finds a wonderful new place after a great vacation.
DoK- Fun first day vibes for your ds!
MonkeyPrincess- Good luck selling your home, we are trying to sell too, so house selling vibes for us please

And lots of : for everyone
#29 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 11:31 AM

Welcome CheapPearls

Spiral Scouts- we don't have one here but we do have a Roots & Shoots group. Although it's not specifically pagan it is very environmentally friendly/focused to when dd1 is older we may give that a try.

BSA- I think a lot depends on the local group leaders (in terms of how "alternative friendly" they are). I know Covenant of the Goddess has a badge that Scouts can earn, but I think the Boy Scout council doesn't count the badge as "official" so local leaders have final say on whether or not the badge will "count" towards a scout's total. (http://www.cog.org/projects/hartcres.html)

Can't wait to hear more about your week though! Someday we'll get out to the farm.

#30 of 946 Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh_mom View Post
Any practicing druids here? I'm just trying to learn more for now.
I am trying to learn more. Thinking about joining adf. OBOD is out of my price range!

I want to do spiral scouts but there are not any around here.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page