9 Months of Pregnancy Tarot Spread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-06-2008, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just happened upon this spread over at Aeclectic Tarot, and WOW. I am just loving it. Here's the link to the OP's thread, but here, also, is the text.

I tried it on myself and got an incredibly interesting response. I'm already five months in, so I was able to look back at the cards I got for conception through month five and reflect on what I experienced (insight into the past readings are as much fun for me as possibilities of the future readings). I was able to see right away what I should focus on in preparing for my birth, and my hunch that I was having a girl was corroborated.

Hope you tarot mamas have as much fun with this as I did...

"So here goes. This spread primarily focuses on what the mother is thinking and feeling throughout the pregnancy, along with factual information about the baby itself.

Cards 2 thru 10 are laid out in a semi-circle, not a pyramid, but I couldn't really show that here.

Card 1: Conception
Cards 2-10: months 1-9 of pregnancy
Card 11: Labor/birth
Card 12: Will this be a multiple birth (i.e., twins)?
Card 13: What is the sex of the unborn child?
Card 14: Will the baby arrive on time?

A couple notes:
The gestational period roughly corresponds to nine solar months or ten lunar months. If you're a more lunar person, feel free to add a card for the 10th month.

I use my intuition to read one card yes/no either/or questions such as for cards 12-14. Please use any system that you are comfortable with. Clarification cards may be helpful here.

I envision this for the new mom-to-be (still in the first trimester), but I imagine it could be used at anypoint during the pregnancy."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page