~huzzah! it's october! *pagan family circle*~ - Page 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#661 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Aww Bella, I am so glad you got to talk to your sweetie!

Blessed Samhain!

We spent the morning with Gillian's class. Gilli as a pirate, Bella as afairy, Erin as a peasent and Mom as a peasent. (always need a reason to wear garb)

I am learning to knit today! Bella and I are taking a class!

We had doughnuts and cider today, not homemade but yummy.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#662 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Can I get a woot-woot!
:huzzah! i've missed ya tons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I'm happy eating organic chocolate,
i got annie's organic fruit chewey things. a bit $$ but gluten free, organic, etc, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplespirit View Post
... i had an idea. (Uh-oh) Would any of you like to make these as a group.
lurve the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I am feeling I want to join you all....
welcome! you look really familiar to me... you didnt go the university of sussex, did you? (peeked on yer blog, too, and loved the story about your ds nursing! so cute!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
18C and you're complaining??? That's sheer bliss hun! It's in the upper 20s/low 30s C here right now and I'm just about over this heat... the first day of summer? is Dec 1 : LOL
it's been 10* over normal here. 10 am it was 80*. i think it's going to be too hot to wear costumes tonight (having the ac off to have the door open.... sigh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
...I was thinking I should have done more this year for Samhain, we haven't carved our pumpkins yet even. Tomorrow, right?
carved a couple yesterday, but still have my big one to do.... there's a possiblity it'll get set out uncarved! ack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
...Hmmm. I might have to do this if I get some time tonight. I'm feeling the same way about my treasure map. A lot of things have changed since that Aries new moon and my map just makes me depressed now.
oh, sweets. huge hugs. yeah, make a new one! it'll feel so good! i know the aries new moon is a great time for "new", etc... but this was more "me"... more centered... (i obsessed about the timing for such things for a bit, journaled about it even, lol, so if anyone's up for a conversation about timing of tm/"new" etc, it's in my head,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
I got a 3 am wake up call from DH. It was totally awesome, despite his voice sounding really far away because of the crappy phone. We got to talk for about 18 minutes and I guess the best part is that I got to go back to sleep afterwards and dream of him. :
yayayayayayayyy!!!

Quote:
I am learning to knit today!
fun! i need to do that.

i think i had something that i wanted to share, but i've no idea what, now.... lol.

(ETA: remembered! cari-- more on the west wing/obama connection, yesterday in nyt. )

:
#663 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM

Samhain Blessings my Sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
yep! think it must have been from camp last year or something? i'm sure it was someone here to led me to it.... anyhow-- i think this is the right one, though it looks newer....
i have been looking for it since you mentioned it. thanks for the link. i added it right away. i love having an actual pic of the moon right on my monitor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Blessed Samhain everyone!

May you and yours find peaceful passage, rest after labor, joy in your comings and in your goings. May your shelves be full of food, your homes full of friendship, and your hearths warmed by love. And as the veil thins and the tides turn may we all hear the words we need to hear spoken by the night wind and moonshadow. Even if those words are silence.
that is so beautiful. i love it! i will be thinking about what youwrote as i am standing outside in the wind and the rain at midnight loving the world!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#664 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 04:46 PM

I'm sick (dizzy and very weak).

Will have to stay home tonight. You have no idea how sad this makes me.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely time tonight. Post pics if you can.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#665 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 06:00 PM

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Samhain!

DaughterOfKali, how disappointing. I hope you feel better soon!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#666 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 07:23 PM

Happy Samhain!! :

I have been reading here and there but not staying totally caught up. Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a blessed evening.

We are going to be a gypsy family, and got our pumpkins carved last night. Fun, fun, fun!

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#667 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I am feeling I want to join you all....

Welcome!

good witch
#668 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 10:20 PM

Greetings Pagan Mamas!

This is my first little ones HallowsEve and I dressed up as a witch and she was done up as my little black cat. She is so cute with her little fox fur cat ears and tail on. Since she is just 6 months old, I get to eat all her candy. Thats ok though she like to chew on her little pumpkin and gourd better. The gourd it lumpy and feels good on her gums. Holidays are so much more fun with a little one around.

Spirit Issues: If the spirits are bothering your DH you might want to suggest that he schedule appointments for them. Next time he feels them around have him tell the spirit to go away and come back later at X o'clock at such and such location. Then he can invite the spirits to come back during the day at a place and time where he will be more comfortable. It will be easier to handle that way as it won't be a suprise when they show up and it will be on his terms. Have him say something like "Attention all those spirits who wish to contact me, I will be available to speak with at X o'clock at such and such place. Please do not attempt to contact me out side of this time and location." Then you can be their with him for support and help him deal with the spirits. It may help if he is willing to let them contact him. If he wants no contact at all then good luck.

Grounding: My favorite way of grounding myself it to just stop for a few minutes, take a few breaths and visualize my feet growing in to roots and sinking down into the earth and spreading out far and wide. It gets me grounded in no time.

Have a great November all.

Livin' surf.gif Laughin' lol.gif Lovin' joy.gif - Just Me and Sammers, my homebirthin' little girl. 

#669 of 675 Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Blessed Samhain My Wonderful Pagan Sisters.

Did any of you watch Supernatural last night? I was so mad because some 600 year old witch was bringing forth Sam Hain (hane) to let him eat people and steal their souls basically.

I got a 3 am wake up call from DH.
Same to you hun! I'm sure your hunny calling just made the day for you : That episode sounds like a for sure. Obviously any 'consultants' on that job would have been on holiday? lol

Quote:
We spent the morning with Gillian's class. Gilli as a pirate, Bella as afairy, Erin as a peasent and Mom as a peasent. (always need a reason to wear garb)

I am learning to knit today! Bella and I are taking a class!
Never need a reason to wear garb.. just an excuse to do it without getting weird looks I'm the same, and if it wasn't hot as hades here yesterday I'd have thrown my hair into a bun and put on my very posh gown I made (made for a dear friends wedding, I was so proud of myself since my sewing is crap lol) Enjoy learning to knit! I'm still learning myself, but I find once you can get a few rows of basic knit stitch done without mistakes you've got it. I'm getting ready to try purl now

Quote:
it's been 10* over normal here. 10 am it was 80*. i think it's going to be too hot to wear costumes tonight (having the ac off to have the door open.... sigh).

(ETA: remembered! cari-- more on the west wing/obama connection, yesterday in nyt. )

:
It is going to be about 33C here today (92F) so I think you can safely say we'll have the air conditioner on Off to check out the linky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

Oh no I hope you feel better soon and I'm so sorry your ds isn't going to get to go out! What terrible timing

We went out to the Halloween street party and the boys had a great time. There were of course a zillion vendor stalls (and I have a few cards so I can peek at the websites for future retail therapy lol) and lots of yummy things to eat, tons of costumed ppl...and in the end, entirely TOO much noise for the boys. We stayed for about an hour or so then went home to Nanny's for fish & chips! Here's the linky to my photobucket album for pics!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#670 of 675 Old 11-01-2008, 08:21 AM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!! :

Only had a few trick-or-treaters, which was disappointing because now we have a TON of candy and nobody to eat it (I guess I'll bring it in to work), but I got to dress my pooch up as a pirate so that made up for it!

Our harvest feast was WONDERFUL (even if I did overcook the cornbread just a wee bit), my DH thoroughly enjoyed the chicken and the rest of it plus the bones is in the crockpot making stock for my mom.

I made a small plate for the ancestors (and anyone else that may have dropped by) and left it on the table for a while, then put it outside near our wild cherry tree. Then my husband and I burned out little fire in our new firepit and drank Guinness and wine til it was time for bed! And we slept great!!

Today is going to be a great day! My county is putting on a Green Faire and there's gonna be like 70 vendors! I think I'm gonna dress Panda back up in his pirate costume and head on over to the fair for the morning. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaVolpe View Post
Spirit Issues: If the spirits are bothering your DH you might want to suggest that he schedule appointments for them. Next time he feels them around have him tell the spirit to go away and come back later at X o'clock at such and such location. Then he can invite the spirits to come back during the day at a place and time where he will be more comfortable. It will be easier to handle that way as it won't be a suprise when they show up and it will be on his terms. Have him say something like "Attention all those spirits who wish to contact me, I will be available to speak with at X o'clock at such and such place. Please do not attempt to contact me out side of this time and location." Then you can be their with him for support and help him deal with the spirits. It may help if he is willing to let them contact him. If he wants no contact at all then good luck.
I don't think he wants no contact at all...he's just scared. I mean, this isn't like the shows on TV...this is real life. Many of the people who have experienced this before have friends to talk about it with, but we don't. I am my husband's only family in this country, and I've never seen nor heard a spirit in my whole entire life, so I'm trying to be the best support I can be, but it's hard when I really just don't understand what he's going through. And, I mean really, if the house is pitch-black and silent, and you're ready to go to sleep and someone says "Hello", it's pretty darn scary, ya know?

Thank you for the advice, though. This may work. I have a feeling he's just not ready to communicate back with them, but we'll see what he says. I'll have him pull a few cards today regarding this idea, and maybe then he'll feel a bit more confident (depending on what the cards say, of course!).

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#671 of 675 Old 11-01-2008, 10:59 AM

I spent the evening/night in the hospital last night. So much for Samhain.
I felt awful for not being able to go trick or treating with my son (he went with his father, instead)

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#672 of 675 Old 11-01-2008, 12:49 PM

Thank you all for the welcomes!
I hope we all had a wonderful Samhain!
I am looking forward to the November thread!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#673 of 675 Old 11-01-2008, 01:31 PM

Hey Mommas, here's our new thread

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#674 of 675 Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 PM

hey y'all-- i have to go back and catch up, but this is hilarious and i had to share!

http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...lloween_become

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#675 of 675 Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
We are going to reorganize tonight... which involves 3 floor to ceiling bookcases of movies and paperbacks. Oh boy. Actually Hubby is very excited. It will involve getting the TV and game systems plugged into the half the house that doesn't get it's breaker flipped on a regular basis.
oOOH, i'm so jealous! saw a bookshelf i wanted (or thought i did) at walmart for only $29, but it wasn't deep enough. it was perfect otherwise! sigh. i'll have to keep looking. i so want to take my books out of the boxes! it's been a year! can y'all believe it's been a year in our new home already?

Quote:
And it works great as the base for a stew or soft meal (like a casserole or gravy dish)
as a base? :
thanks for the recipe! i've cooked quite enough for a couple days, but soon i will try it and see how it comes out. i love oats! ds isn't crazy about them, though

Quote:
yep! think it must have been from camp last year or something? i'm sure it was someone here to led me to it.... anyhow-- i think this is the right one, though it looks newer....
oh, i can't wait to try it! thanks!

Quote:
I have a yummy stew in the crock pot- meat, veggies, turkish seasoning and a bit of rice and lentils. :
mmm, sounds great! what are turkish seasonings, though?

Quote:
I just bought Kit Kat's today and found out that they were recalled. BUT, I've been told that it's just the ones that are manufactured in China.
Apparently, most of the stuff in our stores are safe.
oh no, i ate kit kat today it was only a little tiny one, though, about half the size of a fun size. eek!

Quote:
I had a Goofy (disney) watch once that was numbered backwards and the whole thing ran counter clockwise. It took a while to get used to but had disasterous effects downstream... even now I have to stop and think "which way do the hands go?"
that's so funny... i lived on the Outer Banks for 14 years, and after i moved to Asheville it took me *years* before i realized i could go East for those of you who might not know (Cari?) the Outer Banks is a string of barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina. if you go East, you get wet

Quote:

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely time tonight. Post pics if you can.
aww, man. i'm glad your ds got to go anyway! how are you feeling today?

y'all can post back to me in the November thread

Blessed Samhain, all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page