~huzzah! it's october! *pagan family circle*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
huzzah! i get to start my birthday month thread! :

happy october everyone!

there were some good conversational openers at the end of the sept thread, if anyone wants to start them afresh for october's clean and cooler (for some of us) energy....

i also, since possibly most of you will read this first post, am going to throw out again the idea that we name our little circle... so that i can stop saying to dh "today, on the pagan thread...." it sounds so... cold.

anyhow, happy october, happy birthday october birthdays, and huge hugs and healing vibes to all in need.

:
#2 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 01:28 PM

I love October, it's my favorite month. Dh and I will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary this month. :

I'm going to try to keep up this month. LOL
#3 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 01:45 PM

Yay for October!!! My birthday is now in 11 days!!!

So I went to my ND yesterday because I have been having nipple discharge (sorry if TMI) basically if I squeeze my left breast I can get a little fluid. Well, she did a breast exam and because I have really cystic breasts and there is a HUGE history of breast cancer on the maternal side of my family, she wants me to have a mammogram. I wasn't expecting that one, I mean I am only 24. I thought I had a while before that. We drew some blood and are checking my prolactin levels just to make sure its not hormonal before the mammogram.

Hubby comes home for a visit end of next week. I am really looking forward to that. He's out of contact for the next 24 hours, so I have to distract myself as much as I can. I know I have about 2 hours taken up with drooling over Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man.

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#4 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
huzzah! i get to start my birthday month thread! :

happy october everyone!

there were some good conversational openers at the end of the sept thread, if anyone wants to start them afresh for october's clean and cooler (for some of us) energy....

i also, since possibly most of you will read this first post, am going to throw out again the idea that we name our little circle... so that i can stop saying to dh "today, on the pagan thread...." it sounds so... cold. :
I usually refer to this as my 'sister circle'

October is my hands down favorite time of the year. I love pulling in, coming together and slowing down. The colors invigerate me; golds, reds, deep browns and even grey skies... I love everything about it.

I would love to discuss the differences between pagans and the new age community. I think of pagans as the olde way and new age, well, is new. Of course I know New Age is actually ancient teachings as well. But the 'new' is the ability to embrace it openly. Mecca areas like Sedona have given New Age a much needed hand in opening our society's eyes to alternative faiths and beliefs systems.

When I was very young, I thought f you weren't a christian, you a catholic or jewish ("like Anne Frank" I would say) I eventually learned of Atheist but with that passage of knowledge came judgement.

I feel so free now. I think of that terrified little girl (I was) and so wish I could go and hold her... to assure her that love is everywhere and all paths are good paths. Forcing fear and judgement on a small child is so cruel.

After my walk in; I was so bare; so raw. I only knew, beyond a shadow of doubt that my spirit was new and it was not about to listen to what my previous soul had so eagerly embraced before. It was well over a year of painful exposure before I felt a connection with the Earth, Moon, and Sun.

I distinctly remeber the first time I ever saw a picture of Green Man. I was at a local pagan shop just browsing through books and I gasped. I placed my hand on the page and tears came to my eyes. I really had no idea what I was looking at; I had no memory of seeing Green Man before. If my eyes had seen him when I was a christian (before my walk-in) my mind had no memory of it. Perhaps, I had seen the image somewhere but l didn't acknowledge him because he was 'sin'. I really don't remember.

I know that the color green, the smell of smoke and the sound of water is a spiritual experience for me...

~ Blessed Be ~

good witch
#5 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 02:04 PM

: Happy October! Yippee!!!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#6 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 02:43 PM

Another anniversary- Dh and will have been married 8yrs on the 7th. Our wedding, while very Lutheran, was beautiful. I adore my dh, he gives me such strength and allows me to just be me. :

It rained cats and dogs today- I say this becuase the kids and I headed out to pick up craft supplies, it was pouring when we left. We came home as the rain ended and in our yard were two cats and one dog. They don't belong to us...I think they are the neighbors, but it was rather odd, the rain stopped and there they were.

I am getting very involoved in my UU RE program and have also agreed to host a Yule gathering at my house for the Women of Spirit group. While not specifically pagan, this group of women are so lovely, I am happy to host. Now, I have to plan it. From to food to crafts, readings etc...Ahhhh!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#7 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM

Happy October!
#8 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ha ha! joining you all early! i am so proud.
october is also one of my favorite months. i have severla others too. for me it sjust the smell in the air. its the leaves changing its everthing.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#9 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM

Happy October everyone!

And guess what happened while mdc was down? I GOT A SINK!!!!!!!!! Yes, yes, a real live working kitchen sink! I've been doing dishes in the shower for almost 9 months now and huzzah bounce bounce wiggle wiggle w00t I HAVE SINK!!!!!!!!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#10 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM

I was so not happy that mdc was down on the last day of my sale. :

Anyway, it's October, yet I've started thinking about winter.

#11 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:40 PM

I like October myself. I think we should call this circle Seasonal Sisters, as we're sharing a season of our lives (that being motherhood) and of course the seasons come up a lot. Just a random idea, though; I never gave the matter any thought before I read that post.

Quick update on my life: A lot of it sucks. I want to be happy. Bear's poop has devolved to the fantastic explosive yellow liquid he was having before (read: ubergross). He's running a low-grade fever now. Yay. Bella is wheezing like a bellows, but potty learning is going very well. She's so darling. BooBah is feeling better, if a bit groggy, and went to HeadStart this morning. BeanBean has actually been relatively human today, despite the fact that we have done almost no schoolwork today (had to go buy more sposies ). I want ice cream, beer, Starbucks, a massage, and something that would probably get me banned if I posted it here. : Sadly, I'm not going to get any of those things... and if Bear needs to be admitted, I won't be going to the Farm this weekend, where I could most assuredly obtain at least three of them with little/no effort. :

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts....Hm. BeanBean is an eager, facile learner. BooBah is feeling better, and doesn't have a UTI-- her kidneys aren't failing (hugely good thing!). Bella is doing well using the potty, in another month I may only have one child in diapers. Bear is beautiful and loveable and sweet. People care about me and want me to be happy and successful; Not everyone thinks that I am evil. And, while I've only got the one, I *do* have a season of Stargate SG-1 on DVD that I can watch whenever I feel like it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#12 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 PM

yay! it's October. I love this time of year. the weather is perfect. not too hot not too cold. i feel so invigorated. i have already gotten so much done around here. i dont really do spring cleaning. i do fall cleaning. it just seems like the right time to get rid of all the unwanted stuff. everybody will be crammed in this trailer all winter long... so i get rid of all the stuff that will cause problems. clutter, garbage, negativity, cobwebs, etc. about the 19th i am going to purify my house and sweep out all the negative energy. clear the air so to speak. that way when we are all clustered up in here, it will take longer to start getting grouchy.lol.

on another note.. i have been looking for a 2nd place to talk to pagans. does anyone have another site they go to that is just for pagan/witches etc?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#13 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Another anniversary- Dh and will have been married 8yrs on the 7th. Our wedding, while very Lutheran, was beautiful. I adore my dh, he gives me such strength and allows me to just be me. :
Happy anniversary. Do you have anything special planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Happy October everyone!

And guess what happened while mdc was down? I GOT A SINK!!!!!!!!! Yes, yes, a real live working kitchen sink! I've been doing dishes in the shower for almost 9 months now and huzzah bounce bounce wiggle wiggle w00t I HAVE SINK!!!!!!!!

Wow 9 months washing dishes in the shower..It must be amazing to have the sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
I like October myself.
Quick update on my life: A lot of it sucks. I want to be happy. Bear's poop has devolved to the fantastic explosive yellow liquid he was having before (read: ubergross). He's running a low-grade fever now. Yay. Bella is wheezing like a bellows, but potty learning is going very well. She's so darling. BooBah is feeling better, if a bit groggy, and went to HeadStart this morning. BeanBean has actually been relatively human today, despite the fact that we have done almost no schoolwork today (had to go buy more sposies ). I want ice cream, beer, Starbucks, a massage, and something that would probably get me banned if I posted it here. : Sadly, I'm not going to get any of those things... and if Bear needs to be admitted, I won't be going to the Farm this weekend, where I could most assuredly obtain at least three of them with little/no effort. :

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts....Hm. BeanBean is an eager, facile learner. BooBah is feeling better, and doesn't have a UTI-- her kidneys aren't failing (hugely good thing!). Bella is doing well using the potty, in another month I may only have one child in diapers. Bear is beautiful and loveable and sweet. People care about me and want me to be happy and successful; Not everyone thinks that I am evil. And, while I've only got the one, I *do* have a season of Stargate SG-1 on DVD that I can watch whenever I feel like it.
I hope your little ones get better soon.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#14 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:53 PM

I love October too!! These next 3 months are my favorite.

#15 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
on another note.. i have been looking for a 2nd place to talk to pagans. does anyone have another site they go to that is just for pagan/witches etc?
I wish I did. If you find one please let me know.

#16 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I wish I did. If you find one please let me know.
the only one i found so far is http://www.witchway.net/forum.html
called the inner sanctum. not sure what i think yet but it seems ok.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#17 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

Yep, but it's for local pagans.

There's also an online group for members of Pagan Federation International.

#18 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:04 PM

Happy October!!

I love October, even just the changing of the months is almost tangible. I can definitely feel the difference from yesterday, which was my mom's 50th birthday! :

Something I haven't shared: Last month my grandfather was diagnosed with bladder cancer. They believe it has been growing for years but he just recently went to get it checked out. Last week the doctors removed a soft ball sized tumor but they didn't get everything. Today he goes in to see the results of the biopsy. If it's as bad as they think, they will stop treatment. :

Okay now that I've gone all depressing, I just hope I can keep up with this thread better then I did last months.
#19 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:05 PM

Oh and I'm a lurker on The Cauldron. I like it.
#20 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 PM

I haven't been there in a while, but mysticwicks is a pagan site that has conversation on just about everything. Literally. It's a bit quirky, but fun.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#21 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:14 PM

Ooh I'll be watching for the other pagan forum idea.

Happy October all! Good god, I love this time of year. Well the fun usually starts with September, but it wasn't too chilly this September. Oh I can't wait to have cold toes!! : I love it!

Mr Toona and I are at opposite ends of the spiritual spectrum, so I find it hard to do what I need to do, spiritually speaking. (Well for that reason and having DD around). But I think this is the time of year for me to clean off the back porch and make my own little sacred space. : I did have a sort of mental wash the other night during the new moon when it rained... Do you all have any sort of spiritual community? I think I need to find that and to make myself go. I've flirted with the more : ish UU church, but I can't seem to get myself into a pattern with going.

signature currently in transition
#22 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPearls View Post
Happy October!!

I love October, even just the changing of the months is almost tangible. I can definitely feel the difference from yesterday, which was my mom's 50th birthday! :

Something I haven't shared: Last month my grandfather was diagnosed with bladder cancer. They believe it has been growing for years but he just recently went to get it checked out. Last week the doctors removed a soft ball sized tumor but they didn't get everything. Today he goes in to see the results of the biopsy. If it's as bad as they think, they will stop treatment. :

Okay now that I've gone all depressing, I just hope I can keep up with this thread better then I did last months.
I hope everything turns out positive for your grandfather..

#23 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Do you think candles with orange flames are a tacky window decoration for Halloween? I've been thinking of getting some cheap ones for my front windows.

#24 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:25 PM

No, I love the color orange.

#25 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 PM

When I think about window candles, all I can think about is the kids eating them.

Tammi, .

I spent a little bit of time at The Enigma League, but it's been a while. I found that there were too many forae for me to check and it made me crazy (and took up too much time) so I stopped. I'm down to two and the home page for all of my Yahoo!Groups.

#26 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM

Sam (maeveypoo's son) got his halo off! :

#27 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:55 PM

: Woohoo!! :

#28 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM

That's great news!!:

signature currently in transition
#29 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing details. Yay for Sam!

#30 of 675 Old 10-01-2008, 06:52 PM

Yay Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page