"Cover"-ed Girls! - Page 37 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1081 of 1083 Old 02-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have long heavy hair as well and scarves and headbands rarely stay on well for me. The only way I've been able to keep them on is to clip them in place with the clippy barettes or by using bobby pins. And even then I usually have to reset the scarf at least once during the day. I have seen some special headbands on some of the headcovering sites that will help keep the scarf in place, but I've never tried them so I don't know how effective they are.

M : proud mama to B (16) : and G (8) and : x 2 :
#1082 of 1083 Old 05-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend a good longer snood style cap that works to wear under a hijab or by itself? I've been using the tube underscarves underneath an Amira style hijab, but I don't always have time to braid my hair and put the braid into a bun. I'd like a longer snood as my hair is nearly down to my waist and I don't want it to ball up / tangle inside the snood cap. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#1083 of 1083 Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know this is old but I'm new to MDC. As said before Tznius.com has snoods; depending on the thickness of your hair the Belgian might work as an under scarf. I like to wear snoods as outerwear, being a christian but of no particular denomination. Devorahs are my favorite & they come in a variety of sizes as well.

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page