{November} Pagan Families Circle! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherearthdancer View Post
our family practices the idea that the time between samhain and yule is a rest period of sorts...a time without time...and we try to stay away from "magick" work such as spells and the like. Being mostly an eclectic and kitchen sort of witchy...I still work in my garden and do my kitcheny stuff! Does anyone else do this?

We also celebrate our "thanksgiving" in September for Mabon...so the American Traditional Thanksgiving we celebrate with our non-pagan family as a bonus. How do you and your family incorperate this "extra" holiday? Those of you from other Countries...do you have similar situations with any traditional sabbats if you honor them?
This almost exactly describes my "practice." It's a time of rest. Lot's of knitting/weaving meditation, garden planning, cooking/baking.

A sort of down time to recharge before the new year starts in December.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Just wanted to add, I have a couple candles lit specifically for my MDC circle friends.

Healing vibes to those of you who need it, whether sickness of the body, heart or soul.

I am currently trying to avoid my annual hibernating period. My Sundays will not have anything planned in them (they are mine and DS's to chillax and be), but I don't want to shut myself in, like I often do this time of year. I think my knitting circles will help with that. I am also looking into starting a writing group with a fellow Nano writer, although I am not doing NaWriNoMo this year, I am doing NaKniSweMo instead, an XL men's sweater by Nov. 30th, we'll see.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

#63 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 03:51 PM

total quickie as the girls melt down (yeah to the DSL madness);

w00t... it was voted the "best new word" or something like that recently. The only difference between woot w00t and WooT is, well, whether or not you've seen the word in context, or only heard it spoken. The two things in the middle are actually zeros. It's a word that grew out of the L33t speak (phoneticaly, "elite"... notice the "e" sound is replaced by a "3") of some online communities. Sort of a cross between code, jargon, and those wordlet riddles where the "look" of the word tells you what the phrase really is.

Ok, back to the meltdown... thank you for the moment of totally non-child related thought!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#64 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

I think knitting will be helpful to me- help me gournd, once I really get the hang of it. For some reason I cast on fine, start the first row fine and then get all stuck with the second. I have torn apart my scarf 3times since Friday. *oy*

I went through my books- I have a couple Wiccan books I could pass on. Let me get the titles after kids get up from nap.

I am actually feeling better than I thought. I have been slowly dusting and connecting throughout the day. I also set up a small space for the election. I am using a blue candle with a small red taper next to it to represent my intention. :

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#65 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 05:15 PM

Educate a noob please?
What's this "camp" stuff I'm reading about. Just being nosy, sounds like something people find interesting, and I want in too haha

Working at home, tattoo'd, metalhead momma - homeschooling Evan (1.22.'06) and Abigail (8.2.'08) fencing.gif , and happy partner to Kyle jammin.gif . 
#66 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM

ahhhhh, glad i asked, clay! ty, and yer welcome.

camp! two years ago someone decided we should do pagan summer camp. so, we did! this past summer, we did a "pagan home" camp... each week (for, what, SEVEN? weeks), we focused on a different area of the home. oh, ye gods, was it splendid. here: this is the list of the different weeks, so you could pick a room if you want to jump around.

brendon-- ah, grounding from creating!! good one! : i feel *very* grounded while i sew (part of why i refuse a machine, though people keep offering me one...). *love* the election altar. i added an affirmation to my pseudo TM.

(oh, btw, i had a fun TM idea, and thought i'd share it here, in case anyone likes the idea-- since i tend to make mine on the computer, i thought next time i'll make sort of tarot/oracle/affirmation cards with them... then i can draw one each day and put it out on my personal altar, and as they become out dated/come true/etc, i can burn them, or something, and make new ones! ok, burning photos probably would stink, right? mmm. anyhow..... )
#67 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Maybe she read it herself?

My kids love that book. You should borrow the Neil Gaiman Audio Collection from your library-- it's SO cool to hear him reading it! "The wolves are coming out of the walls! It's all over!"

Anyway... subbing.
We've never seen the book before and she's only 3, so while she's pretty darn smart, I'd be surprised if she'd found it somewhere and read it to herself.
#68 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM

Where do you all find time to be so crafty? Seriously if I turn my focus away from my children for a moment...we are talking major meltdowns!

& now the cat that adopted our family has started to demand attention from me @ all hours! We like to think of her as our familiar. Brodie named her sagwa after the cartoon. I was going to name her Niagra b/c she drools like she has a leak or something...lol!

Do you think Brodie decided to be born in November to keep us busy between samhain & yule? Ha ha! No real rest for the wicked eh?
#69 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 05:42 PM

Oh yeah...& w00t!!!
:smile
#70 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM

ahhh... sisters! Today was beau-ti-ful! I kept the door wide open today as I swept the kitchen floor with my broom... sweeping stale energies out into the sun!

The sunlight is an actual gold color as it filters through the maple leaves and into the window. My ds#2 just came in with a rock shaped heart he found as he walked home from school.

Beau-ti-ful; indeed!

good witch
#71 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 06:37 PM

It was so cold this morning, my front steps, walkway, and grass were completely iced over.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#72 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 06:48 PM

I didn't have crispy grass this morning, but I am sad all the oak trees are naked because of the high winds yesterday.

It's sort of grey out at the moment and feeling like nap weather. Going to cook something creamy for dinner I think.

My MIL was crackin' me up yesterday. She wanted a ride yesterday because it was "FREEZING" so I bundled up my son and out we went. It was 50 degrees outside, sunny and a slight breeze, DS was stripped down to his long sleeve tee faster than you could say beautiful and I regretted the choice of my corduroy and fleece hoodie. We just had to stop at a park on the way home.

#73 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Where do you all find time to be so crafty? Seriously if I turn my focus away from my children for a moment...we are talking major meltdowns!
I am the mom of one extremely self suficient boy. He'll bring me my knitting just so that I will sit in the same room with him. He could care less if I talk or even interact, as long as I am there. This is our usual Sunday afternoon activity.

#74 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 PM

Hello all! Just jumping in and subbing. Not much going on, didn't really get to my Samhain ritual. Ah well. I'm progressing slowly on this matter.

signature currently in transition
#75 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 PM

Namaste friends..

I got a call from my OB this morning. My son will be born on November 13th. We have the OR for 7:45 am so this willl be my first morning babe.

Born on the taurus full moon... lucky boy!
#76 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Hugs and hopes for a beautiful, blessed birth, a quick and easy recovery for you both, and a gloriously peaceful babymoon! I'll be thinking of you all...

(sigh... I know it's better that it's sooner, but if you'd waited a few days I could have shared my birthday with your munchkin! )

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#77 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Sage- I'll be thinking of you on the 13th!

#78 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 PM

I am procrastinating. I should be in my kitchen wrist deep in tortilla dough right now while the spinach is thawing. Spinach quesadillas for dinner tonight. I SO need some hearty comfort food. Today has been blissfully relaxing. Awesome for a Monday. :
#79 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 PM

Wow, four pages!

Bredon, you're girls are just adorable. I can't believe how fast Erin has grown! She was born right around the time I found this group.

Lion, I love this thread also because it keeps me in a witchy mindset.

Happy Anniversary to the two couples

Sage, giant and thoughts coming your way. We will certainly be thinking about you and hoping for all the best on the 13th.

Much healing : to those sick.

This weekend we took my nephew to a corn maze. That was a lot of fun. Sunday we did our annual fall foliage drive and that was even better. It was just a beautiful day. Tonight, I take down my halloween stuff and ready myself and home for the inward energy I'm really feeling right now.

-Rachel

#80 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 08:15 PM

can I see some of the alters I keep hearing about.....or can someone point me in the direction of a....i want to say explanation, but that is not the right word, so if anyone has a clue about what i am trying to say, that would be great
#81 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I think knitting will be helpful to me- help me gournd, once I really get the hang of it. For some reason I cast on fine, start the first row fine and then get all stuck with the second. I have torn apart my scarf 3times since Friday. *oy*
when i first learned how to crochet i had to take the blanket apart at least 8 times before i got it right. dont worry. i KNOW you will get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplespirit View Post
ahhh... sisters! Today was beau-ti-ful! I kept the door wide open today as I swept the kitchen floor with my broom... sweeping stale energies out into the sun!

The sunlight is an actual gold color as it filters through the maple leaves and into the window. My ds#2 just came in with a rock shaped heart he found as he walked home from school.

Beau-ti-ful; indeed!
that sounds just lovely. i get happy feelings just imagining it. i was stuck doing bills. i get disability so i spend every 3rd of the month doing bills. at least it is done for a whole month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
Namaste friends..

I got a call from my OB this morning. My son will be born on November 13th. We have the OR for 7:45 am so this willl be my first morning babe.

Born on the taurus full moon... lucky boy!
i love the number 13. congratulations on your babe. i hope everything goes great for you! and then you will show us pics right? i love baby pics.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPearls View Post
I am procrastinating. I should be in my kitchen wrist deep in tortilla dough right now while the spinach is thawing. Spinach quesadillas for dinner tonight. I SO need some hearty comfort food. Today has been blissfully relaxing. Awesome for a Monday. :
that sounds so yummy :. Can i come eat at your house? lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Lion, I love this thread also because it keeps me in a witchy mindset.
and it helps me to feel grounded. b/c it reminds me to feel spiritual. kwim? i also like to hug trees to feel grounded. then i imagine my roots sinking in next to theirs. it makes me feel all warm inside. my DD hugs trees too. I didnt teach her that she just started doing it.
Happy Anniversary to the two couples
yay anniversaries!
This weekend we took my nephew to a corn maze. That was a lot of fun. Sunday we did our annual fall foliage drive and that was even better. It was just a beautiful day. Tonight, I take down my halloween stuff and ready myself and home for the inward energy I'm really feeling right now.
i am going to take mine down too. i am thinking about doing it next weekend. my DSD1 already brought home a pine cone collection.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#82 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPearls View Post
Sounds yummy! I'm having mushroom and barley soup. Very cozy for this weather.

#83 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 08:57 PM

Welcome to all our new visitors! Hope you find it comfy here & decide to hang around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon Feimorgan View Post

It's a translation from Homer:

Come Vesta, to live in this beautiful house.
Come with your warm feelings of friendship.
Bring your intelligence, your energy and your passion
to join with your good work.
Burn always in my soul.
You are welcome here
I remember you.

Homer.
I love that Ty for sharing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
hey mammas!

i feel so refreshed today. i am excited about tomorrow.
also i found a nice ritual/spell i want to do in an Ellen Dugan Book. I really like what i have read of her.
I have several of her books, I her :
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa72 View Post
Have read the camp stuff, I loved it. Thank you for sending me over there I realised I have been making altars (I seem to have been creating one in the living room, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom and they are now coming together) I love the binder idea and am getting round to that.
Hehehe... I'm the same way, altars seem to sprout out of most flat surfaces that are out of reach of little fingers

Quote:
LOL, I do a little knitting or cross stitching on the veranda while the kids play in the backyard (lets hear it for solid fencing and padlocked gates! I have 3 boys that would go walkabout otherwise Other than that, it's something I do while they are in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
My MIL was crackin' me up yesterday. She wanted a ride yesterday because it was "FREEZING" so I bundled up my son and out we went. It was 50 degrees outside,
50F is totally beautiful weather!!! You can run around with the kids & not be drenched in sweat after lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
: I will light a candle for you and send vibes for a peaceful & safe birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snangel View Post
can I see some of the alters I keep hearing about.....or can someone point me in the direction of a....i want to say explanation, but that is not the right word, so if anyone has a clue about what i am trying to say, that would be great
Why certainly

Kitchen altar
Last years Halloween altar
Winter solstice altar close up
Winter solstice again, full view
There are a few of mine that I happen to have piccies of

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#84 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
50F is totally beautiful weather!!! You can run around with the kids & not be drenched in sweat after lol

I know, that is what I mean, she was bundled up in her ankle length coat, mittens and scarf complaining it was freezing. :

We hadn't put on the radio yet, so I had no idea, just going by her whining after a cigarette on the porch. It was a glorious day yesterday. Wish I'd gone out sooner.

#85 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 09:15 PM

LOL my SIL is the same way.. we live in the tropics for goodness sake.. cold? Never really happens where she lives (she lives closer to the bay while I live inland about 45mins where it gets 'cool' )

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#86 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 09:20 PM

CoO... your alters are all wonderful! your Halloween alter was my favorite

I am going to attempt to link a pic here of the personal alter I have in my bedroom. It has pictures of my kids, my dad, symbols of peace and a tiny little broom which I see as a symbol of my faith.

I also took a bird's eye view to show some detail... the little candle stand is for tealights and/or incense...

edit: I can't get it to link! Wtf is wrong? Arrrg.... I am so techno-stupid!

Okay... so i linked you guys up to my blog and I posted pictures of my alter there... but why doesn't my flickr link work?

good witch
#87 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Cari- How cold does it get by you?

Can I admit to everyone how I hate dh being in grad school. I hate that he is gone all day, studying at night and just not available. I can take care of the kids all day but by night I need him to take over and he is just not here. I get so grumpy after a few days of him being busy. I know this is important to him but why now? The girls are still young, he has time to get his masters. Of course, I feel guilty that I'm not being as supportive as I should be but darn it, I need him to be here more.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#88 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Some of my past altars.

Mabon
Spring Equinox
Kitchen Altar Built in Camp this year
Winter Solstice

Now who do I thank for the new DDDDC? I don't know but thank you very much.

-Rachel

#89 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 PM

Mmmmmm... altars! Has someone pointed you to "pimp my altar" yet? Plenty of ideas there!

I don't have gobs of photos right now, but my Autumn altar is online, as is my bedroom altar. And then there's my kitchen altar that I made during camp view one and view two... you can't really see it in the photos by my "icon" is GIR from Invader Zim since that's my normal "kitchen chaos energy"!

And I make prayer bead strands for each holy day as a sort of portable altar/spiritual reminder. So far I have Lughnasadh, Equinox, and Samhain.

#90 of 840 Old 11-03-2008, 10:06 PM

Wow those are really great! It seems as though I have many of these throughout my house, and I didn't even know it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page