{November} Pagan Families Circle! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 840 Old 11-04-2008, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For us they go into the "seasonal altar pieces" box.

I don't like clutter or anything, so basically whatever doesn't fit into the box gets chucked. We don't have a lot of extras. Most of the altar pieces stay on the altar year round and usually we only add natural items that can go back outside when we're done with them. (Pine cones, flowers, leaves, etc.) Part of the fun is collecting them, so we don't store them.
#122 of 840 Old 11-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherearthdancer View Post

Do youn think starbucks would give me a free tea since I have given up coffee! (ducks to avoid thrown coffee mugs)
I considered asking them that.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#123 of 840 Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 PM

I know I'm not here alot, but if we're doing another card giving can I be in again? I really loved last years and I've already got most of my cards made! Thank you bedrest.
Someone gave me a beaded sun ornament last year and its one of my favorite ornaments! LOVE it!!! :

Today I am thankful that there are 9 days left until my son is born.

For all those in the US good luck with the voting today! I hope it works out for everyone!!!! Sadly this year Canada had its lowest numbers turn out to vote, less than 51% of our population voted. So easy for people to complain but so hard to get them out there and voting. Next voting season they should call on all the Canadian celebrities to make a commercial!
#124 of 840 Old 11-04-2008, 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=wombatclay;12533140]I must be on some interesting lists because I've gotten three robo-calls and one person call reminding me to vote! [QUOTE]

weird-- last night i got an email from the Obama campaign, telling me my voting place, in case i didn't know-- and it was in Hollywood, Florida! i'm like...um, i'm in North Carolina...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Oh, me, me, me!!!! I loved getting Yule cards last year! I'm so in for this year also!
i didn't do it last year because the thought overwhelmed me. and i'm not very crafty so probably was feeling inadequate that i'd only be sending store bought cards. but this year i think i want in, overwhelmed or no. ds and i are spending Yule at home by ourselves, i think, and it'd be nice to get some cards, especially if some could be addressed to him from other kids, or to the both of us with kid pics included?
so i just get a list of names and it's up to me to send, right? cool. in my computer class (blech) one of the things we learned was how to use templates in Word 07, so for a project i chose a Yule Family newsletter. i think i might expand on that idea and actually send one! so some of y'all might find out more about us that you bargained for

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapPearls View Post
and while I was hanging up glow in the dark planets in my boys room, my 4 year old threw Saturn and broke it! : Now I need to see if I can fix it or just say screw it and taken them all down.
i'd say either take them all down, or just hang them sans Saturn. he's four-- he won't really get that one is missing for another year or three. unless he gets it in his head that "i have planets, but i broke Saturn" like mine would have

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
Question: What does everyone do with seasonal altar pieces when they aren't being used?
i have big Rubbermaid totes for all my holiday stuff. looks organized, but it's really all just thrown in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage_SS View Post
For all those in the US good luck with the voting today! I hope it works out for everyone!!!! Sadly this year Canada had its lowest numbers turn out to vote, less than 51% of our population voted.
why did i not realize you are in Canada? and so far away, too. well, ALL of Canada is far from me, but...you're farther. i think.

i'm so excited for you that you only have 9 days left! you survived! yay! :
what's his name again? i think you shared, didn't you, already?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#125 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 12:26 AM

Yup, over here in BC.. southern BC. You yanks are only about 10 mins away from me!

His name is Lucien.
#126 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 AM
gun

Boy, you weren't kidding about 'camp' reading! Everyone that added to those threads did such an amazing job!

Peace- Heather
#127 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:49 AM

Praise The Goddess!

This is a historical day and I am so proud to be an American right now!

:~*Barbara*~ 25, DGF to an awesome man (25) and always a step-mom to A (8)
#128 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 06:16 AM

I am never going to keep up at this rate! lol....

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#129 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM

I cried with happiness when I turned on the news this morning.

:

#130 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 10:43 AM

I'm still in shock I think. And I've got a really high fever so everything feels a bit odd!

Ann- yup...some weeks its slow but in general this thread is a headlong rush. Fun though!

Sage- hugs you! Feel good!

Gun- The first camp was fun and ran for 5 weeks but each week only resulted in about 7 pages each. Then this year camp kind of... well... got a bit bigger! It's the most amazing resource though. I find myself linking to it a lot. Between frist camp, second camp, and the resource list you'll be reading for months and applying things for at least a year!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#131 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 AM

:::::

I am both extremely happy yet disappointed in the negative and some hateful comments I have been seeing all over Facebook this morning. Aaaaaaand that's as much as I'm going to say about that.

About the planets, he would notice. He's a space nut. I think a little bit of super glue will fix it well enough. I just need to have a free moment where a kid is not touching me. (Naking at the moment too).

The time change is still kicking our butts. My kids were up at 6am again today. I am tired.

That's all my brain will produce at the moment. Have a great day!
#132 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM

The time change is evil for the girls but it's funny... prior to having babes I was a total lark. I'd just "wake up happy" at 6ish and be good to go. Of course, I'd crash by midnight and going clubbing meant I was committed to "being awake". But right now with the time change I'm waking up at what the clock says is 7 but I'm super wide awake. I almost feel like normal for a minute or two!

Or maybe that's the fever talking?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#133 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 12:08 PM

Clay- What's up? How high is your fever?

#134 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM

Clay, I hope you are feeling better soon! Fevers are so scary sometimes.

OK, looks like I need a special box for my seasonal altar things.

Election - WOW. I'm utterly awed and overwhelmed and so proud right now. It's been a long time, if ever, I've felt so much pride in my country. Time for change.

-Rachel

#135 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM

I hope you are feeling better Clay. Fevers suck.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#136 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 PM

Clay-I hope the fever goes down so you can feel better.

I haven't watched this much news in months. But then again, it's often bad news. I haven't felt this optimistic for our country for years.

Sage- 8 more days

Camp, I wasn't around for the first year, and I keep meaning to get to it. Perhaps before next year's.

It would be fun to have a Yule week late Nov/early Dec to share ideas and get a head start. We could share card ideas, food & recipes, decorations, rituals. Anyone??
#137 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
It would be fun to have a Yule week late Nov/early Dec to share ideas and get a head start. We could share card ideas, food & recipes, decorations, rituals. Anyone??
Oh I like that idea and willing to help.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#138 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'm paying for staying up so late- but it was so worth it. I am just all smiles (once the dizziniess and crap went away- darn allergies). : Yes We Can!!!

Clay- Coxsackie can last a while. I hope you recover quickly.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#139 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post

Clay- Coxsackie can last a while. I hope you recover quickly.
Ok, I'm embarrassed...I didn't see where she posted what she has.

#140 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I cried with happiness when I turned on the news this morning.

:
me too! DH woke me at 6am with his whooping and jumping!
Quote:
The time change is still kicking our butts. My kids were up at 6am again today. I am tired.
me too. my kids are crabby and whiny, sheesh. and then DSD1 put the 10?wk old kittens leg as he was jumping off the sofa and now he is limping. the vet said keep an eye on it etc. so i sent her to her room for a little time out while i called the vet. while she was in there she picked all the plaster off of the ceiling above her bed. i asked her why, I dont know. today is court so i am thinking she doesnt know what to do with herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
i like that idea. i love recipes. i am not that good of a cook etc but am getting better and i would LOVE some ideas to try!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#141 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

DOK- I don't think CLay actually said what it was but she mentioned that they were exposed to it.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#142 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I just need to have a free moment where a kid is not touching me. (Naking at the moment too).
Uh, yeahhhh... I know what ya mean!
#143 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanks all! Yeah, we were exposed to hand/foot/mouth coxsackie virus at dd1's Halloween party. It's viral, usually not "serious", and involves 5 days of fever and blisters/sores forming in the mouth (and sometimes hands/feet and as I now know from personal experience, nipples) lasting 3-5 days.

The girls running about 103+ without meds, I'm around 100+. With meds the girls are in the 100 plus change and I'm 100 even. So we're taking our meds, drinking throat coat and elderberry tea, slurping soup and pudding, and hoping the sores go away soon! (especially the one on my nipple because of course the girls want to nurse more... and can I say painful night nursing while feverish can lead to some seriously unpleasant dreams?)

Still, the temp is in the upper 50s, the election went the way I'd hoped, and there are worse things out there than coxsackie so I'm trying to stay on the positive side of the fence.

#144 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
I'm paying for staying up so late- but it was so worth it. I am just all smiles (once the dizziniess and crap went away- darn allergies). : Yes We Can!!!
:::::::::: ::::::
WOOHOO! :ball oons

::::jam min

yeah, that! i watched the electoral vote thingies online till i couldn't keep my eyes open anymore, and that was about 10:30pm-- half an hour after my usual lights out, and Obama was around 207 and McCain had about 98. i was freaking because McCain's was creeping up and Obama's was staying about the same, even though he was way ahead. i got up around midnight to pee, and i couldn't stand it; i had to come out and log on again to look. and man-- by that time it was all over, and i was *stunned*. on top of being that tired and it being the middle of the night.

so i went to sleep relieved, and with a smile, but still unbelieving. this morning i went in to tell ds, and we both whooped and hollered and high-fived, then i turned on the 'puter and the radio to confirm what i'd seen last night (to make sure it wasn't a really good dream, maybe? ).

amazing. simply amazing. i am still too stunned to fully believe and celebrate yet. i am still too used to living in what felt like a horrible martial law nightmare to believe this. i am wondering how poor Mr. Obama will dig us out from under this putrid mess that we've piled up over the last eight years.

wow.

OT: does anyone know the names and ages of the Obama children? ds is very interested that there are kids, close to his age, moving into the white house! :

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#145 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM

: Clay. Nipple blisters do not sounds fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyn View Post
OT: does anyone know the names and ages of the Obama children? ds is very interested that there are kids, close to his age, moving into the white house! :
Malia Ann is 10 and Natasha (Sasha) is 7.

Aaaaaand back to trying to get the kids to at least stay in bed for quiet time. I need their schedules to adjust! Gah!
#146 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 04:34 PM

And I just super glued my finger to a plastic Saturn. Fortunately it was just a tiny bit.
#147 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
And I just super glued my finger to a plastic Saturn. Fortunately it was just a tiny bit.
:

Now THAT is a senior title!

#148 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

*laughs* I think we have all done that!!!

#149 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM

Wombat, you are so positive! I need to stop being so worried & pessimistic! You have inspired me. Check you out, "there are worse things..."
#150 of 840 Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 PM
gun

Election- Woo-hoo! Yay Obama!, Yay America!! Michigan also passed medical marijuana!! Yay my state!

Clay - we had hand, foot, and mouth this summer. No fun but it should almost be over now! Feel tiptop soon!

Camp - finished with '07 and tackling '08! Whew!! My favorite list is HUGE now!

Winter/ yule rituals - yay! Sounds great. (I hope I have finished reading camp '08 before you start it though! )

Peace- Heather

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page