Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing
#32 of 36 Old 07-26-2009, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
:

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#33 of 36 Old 07-26-2009, 02:25 PM

Some of you might be interested in this:

http://www.redamendment.net

Not willing to debate it. I always tell people they must do their own research to come to the conclusions they feel are right for them. Of course I am not that worried about the mamas on here taking anything the wrong way. I have just run into a lot of issues IRL about voicing my well researched well supported political opinions. My BF is in the process and I will be too once I'm in the position to not accept any federal aid. I think it is the biggest way to not support the system. I actually really hope we can move beyond the use of a financial system at some point. Money is most of the reason the system as it is is perpetuated. Without money the medical industry, food industry, etc. would not have any reason to lie or poison us. I am trying right now to barter more and make more of my own things. I am bartering veggies from my garden for craft supplies and I as soon as I get my sewing machine fixed I will not buy any more clothes for myself or my children until I run out of fabric. Same goes for anything else i can sew. I have used cloth diapers and wipes all my kids lives and am i think going to take the leap into cloth napkins and tp. Paper tp is just gross to me. Sticks to my girlie bits and it hurts from rubbing. Cloth also cleans better. Anyone else do cloth tp? suggestions?

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#34 of 36 Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 PM

Subbing ... love all these great ideas!

Lisa treehugger.gif married to DH bikenew.gifsince Aug 07 & mom to DS1 blahblah.gif  born May 08 and DS2 babyboy.gif born Nov 10 homebirth.jpg
#35 of 36 Old 07-27-2009, 03:05 PM

I love this thread! Practical suggestions are what we all need to begin taking small steps away from a culture that is socially and ecologically destructive. Especially since my DD was born, I have really been preoccupied with the question of my participation in a system that victimizes so many. A while back I wrote this article on my blog about some of my struggles. Our family is still much more part of “the system” than we would like, but like many of the mamas here, we do some small things that set us apart:
-We dug up our front yard and planted a garden
-we raise chickens in the backyard
-I cook most of our meals from scratch
-We try to buy from local food sources whenever possible and patronize local family-owned businesses
-We buy most things used from thrift stores, especially DD's clothing and toys
-we use cloth diapers
-I hang the laundry in the sun rather than use a dryer
-We plan to homeschool when DD is older
-We read a lot of Wendell Berry and keep annoying people by constantly quoting him
#36 of 36 Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM

Your article is awesome! I totally agree with you. I hate that innocent people die in wars I don't believe in and people justify it by saying that's how we stay free. I don't remember who said it originally but I fully believe that, "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free".

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page