Petition to bring waterbirth to North Central Florida Regional Medical Center - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!
I am looking for mamas or mamas-to-be in the North Central Florida area (or any part of Florida for that matter) that would be interested in signing a petition to get the North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville to offer women the option to bring a birth tub with them and use in labor. They are currently ignoring such requests and we are trying to make it be known that there is interest/demand from the community to have these sorts of options offered in the hospital setting. I started this quest in the hopes of having a water birth at the hospital - due in November 2009. I am now just hoping to pave the way for other mamas who may want this option in the future (as time is short for it working out for me). I am working with Barbara Harper of Waterbirth International and she has provided great advice and resources on this. Please take a moment and sign the petition, add a comment, and share with friends. Here is the link: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/bri...medical-center
Thank you!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You might find more support in your local tribal area.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

User Tag List