SIGG bottles found to contain BPA--Write to the CEO demanding a recall of these bottles - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am *fuming*...these (really expensive compared to other drinking vessels) bottles were marketed as being BPA free, and it turns out that prior to August 2008, SIGG was knowingly putting BPA into the bottles while marketing them as BPA free.

http://www.mysigg.com/bulletin/

We have 7 of the darn things because we were trying to live as toxin free as possible. I don't care if they said that it is non-leeching...they were specifically marketed as bpa free, not leeching free. They are claiming they won't recall/refund/replace the bottles, but I still emailed the CEO to let them know that if they don't replace our 7 bottles, we'll be boycotting the company, encouraging others to boycott, and taking further action on the basis of the fact their company was falsely advertising a bpa free product while knowingly using bpa. I'd encourage others to do the same...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 

User Tag List