Tell Del Monte it MUST remove BPA NOW!! (internal memo reveals their deceit and manipulation) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As many of you may or may not know, lobbyists in DC are working feverishly to KEEP BPA in any product that they can, stating that it is not dangerous and even beneficial to health. We all know BPA is bad stuff and should be avoided whnever possible. I came across the internal document from a meeting at Del Monte. It made me sooooooo angry!!!!

http://www.ewg.org/files/BPA-Joint-T...ssociation.pdf

here are some excerpts

Quote:
Attendees suggested using fear tactics(eg: "Do you want to have access to babyfood anymore?") in addition to giving control back to consumers (you have a chojce between a more expensive product that is frozen or a fresh or foods packed in cans) as ways to dissuade people from using BPA free packaging
:

Quote:
The members are focusing on more legistaive battles and befriending people that are able to manipulate the legistative process

That is just a few quotes....ARGGGHHHH this makes me livid!!

Call this toll-free number to protest Del Monte: 1-800-543-3090.

Tell them this kind of fear mongering and manipulation is unacceptable and they must remove BPA now. I will be boycotting all Delmonte products from now on!!

If people call I would be interested in having you post what your experience was like when you did. I will be calling today and will post back how my call went.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to post back about my ca;ll to Del Monte.

I expressed my outrage, offered to read this women from the "consumer affairs dept" some quoatationd from the meeting minutes. Her reply was "No you don't have to I know all about it"

I told her I would be spreading the word. I would post this info on facebook, twiitwr, my space wherever, so that people can know how deceitful and unethical Del Monte is behaving and putting profits about the public's health.

She politely told me that she would record my comments and concerns and that was that. I realize that she is just a women who is doing her job and basically listens to complainst all day and has a canned response. The fact that she knew about why I was calling indicates others have called as well, so I URGE everyone who reads this to do the same. Only if there is public outcry will Del Monte remove BPA.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I called. They didn't care and refused to even take my name for someone higher up to call me back. Sigh.

User Tag List