Mothering Forum banner

Cornell doctor cuts young girl's "oversized" clitorises, and then uses a vibrator to check stimulation- WHAT?!? *disturbing*

8K views 43 replies 38 participants last post by  Peacemamalove 
#1 ·
#8 ·
You know as screwed up and sick this doctor is...He would NEVER be able to do such a thing if the parents didnt allow it......
Why is no social worker looking into why a parent would allow such a thing to happen to thier kids???
SICK! SICK! SICK!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerimommyof2 View Post
You know as screwed up and sick this doctor is...He would NEVER be able to do such a thing if the parents didnt allow it......
Why is no social worker looking into why a parent would allow such a thing to happen to thier kids???
SICK! SICK! SICK!

I'm sure he's spinning it as "Medically necessary" or something.

If you did this on a full grown woman it would be sexual assault. Why it is okay on CHILDREN????

#12 ·
Its called Female Genital Cutting or Female Genital Mutilation. Its done alot in Africa and in some muslim countries so that the girl doesn't enjoy sex and won't stray. The media is finally noticing that docs here will do it for the parents as well.

sigh....

#16 ·
Who's fault is it really though? It's the parents, because they let him. I find that much worse. Who would let something like this be done to their child ? Who would even APPROVE that it was ok to do? And what kind of medical associations even give approval for this sort of thing? Not just the genital cutting, but of the "stimulation" issue? I just don't understand it, I cannot comprehend the kinds of people that do these things and let them happen.

#17 ·
my daughter is five and a half and i could cheerfully take a hatchet to the skull of a doctor who did this to my child. not that it would ever happen because there is no way on earth i would ever consent to it, but still. what is broken in our society and world when the parenting instinct to PROTECT OUR CHILDREN doesn't kick in when a doctor suggests something this sick and insane?

#26 ·
Quote:
Poppas has indicated in this article and elsewhere that ideally he seeks to conduct annual exams with these girls..
Dr. Money, of Johns Hopkins (the pysch NOT dr who "approved" the David Reimer sex reassignment after his botched circ.) did the same kind of annual exams. BOTH Reimer and his identical twin died of suicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Money is deceased now, and the entire Hopkins gender reassignment program was pretty much shut down, as far as I can tell, becuase of fallout from the john/joan case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.