Thank a military member - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 11 Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know that the military isn't all the popular on here...but for some of us it's a way of life.

 

Take time this year to send a FREE card to a member of the US military. They appreciate it. These men and women have to be away from their families during the holidays.



If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com   you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!    It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?    Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know they are loved and thought about.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.    Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.  We can never say enough thank you's.

erinsmom1996 likes this.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 11 Old 12-27-2010, 03:54 PM
 
miss_sonja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing--just sent a card!


Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

miss_sonja is offline  
#3 of 11 Old 12-27-2010, 06:18 PM
 
vbactivist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

I know that the military isn't all the popular on here...but for some of us it's a way of life.

 

Take time this year to send a FREE card to a member of the US military. They appreciate it. These men and women have to be away from their families during the holidays.



If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com   you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!    It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?    Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know they are loved and thought about.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.    Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.  We can never say enough thank you's.

 

Do you have info on ways my kids could hand write cards and send them to a military member?  Do people even do that, or is everyone on email now?
 

vbactivist is offline  
#4 of 11 Old 12-28-2010, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post

 

Do you have info on ways my kids could hand write cards and send them to a military member?  Do people even do that, or is everyone on email now?
 



I will ask around (my dad is a pastor so he might have a connection somewhere)

 

In the meantime, have you tried some of the local churches in your area? I know they do gift boxes and stuff from time to time.


Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#5 of 11 Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM
 
vbactivist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post

 

Do you have info on ways my kids could hand write cards and send them to a military member?  Do people even do that, or is everyone on email now?
 



I will ask around (my dad is a pastor so he might have a connection somewhere)

 

In the meantime, have you tried some of the local churches in your area? I know they do gift boxes and stuff from time to time.


No - I haven't done ant research yet.   I just saw this post and it had already been on my ind because I was reading a book recently about world war 2 where they talked about writing letters.  I thought that would be a nice thing for myself and my kids to do.  But I didn't know if people even wrote letters anymore...

 

 

vbactivist is offline  
#6 of 11 Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 AM
 
TiredX2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: it appears to be a handbasket
Posts: 20,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

vbactivist---

 

I know that service members do love real letters.  Especially pictures from kids.  When one of my BIL was in Iraq, my son's 1st grade class all wrote him letters/sent him hand drawn pictures.  He loved them.  They sent extras for friends of his.  Apparently anything to brighten up their personal spaces was much appreciated.  You can always ask around and see if anyone you know knows a service person and send directly to them.

 

:)


 

 

TiredX2 is offline  
#7 of 11 Old 12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
 
vbactivist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

vbactivist---

 

I know that service members do love real letters.  Especially pictures from kids.  When one of my BIL was in Iraq, my son's 1st grade class all wrote him letters/sent him hand drawn pictures.  He loved them.  They sent extras for friends of his.  Apparently anything to brighten up their personal spaces was much appreciated.  You can always ask around and see if anyone you know knows a service person and send directly to them.

 

:)


Good idea - thanks :)

vbactivist is offline  
#8 of 11 Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,083
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

vbactivist---

 

I know that service members do love real letters.  Especially pictures from kids.  When one of my BIL was in Iraq, my son's 1st grade class all wrote him letters/sent him hand drawn pictures.  He loved them.  They sent extras for friends of his.  Apparently anything to brighten up their personal spaces was much appreciated.  You can always ask around and see if anyone you know knows a service person and send directly to them.

 

:)


 

After my brother enlisted he got a lot of letters from the local elementary school thanking him for his service. He said it was the best gift he ever got. He loved it.

 

I think in a world of email the common letter needs to come back to the forefront.

vbactivist likes this.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#9 of 11 Old 12-28-2010, 05:53 PM
 
mama1803's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com   you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!    It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?    Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know they are loved and thought about.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.    Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.  We can never say enough thank you's.



Just sent mine.  Thanks for posting the link!

mama1803 is offline  
#10 of 11 Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 AM
 
KatWrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Affton, MO
Posts: 10,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I did this a week or so ago.  I did it last year too.  Thank you for posting the link for others.smile.gif


Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

KatWrangler is offline  
#11 of 11 Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
 
Sarah W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dupont, WA
Posts: 1,088
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think this is awesome!  Soldiers love getting mail!

Sarah W is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off