Dress seller calls customer a joke, says "do not WASTE our time". - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

This is simply the rudest example of retail snobbery I've ever read about.  Sure, the store can reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.  It's just nasty to do so in such a hurtful way. 

http://consumerist.com/2011/10/australian-store-replies-to-complaint-by-being-like-suck-it-we-dont-care.html

There is always two sides to a story.  With these stories I usually look between the lines for hints of the customer's bad behavior.  This time I can't discern anything like that.  But the manager's letter praising the employee's stunningly rude behavior takes the issue to a whole other level that doesn't even require the customer's sad experience to condemn the retailer. 

What bothers me about this is that these people value their esthetic over basic human decency.  I'm not impressed that their espoused clientele is the likes of Kim Kardashian. Gag.  But that doesn't matter. They can sell whatever goofy stuff they want to, they just shouldn't treat their fellow humans like that.  It betrays such a shallow, empty soul. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The picture that accompanied the article showed a "closing sale - 90% off" sign on the side of the store. I wonder if they're going under, and just don't care, anymore?

Either way, the letter from the manager was appalling. And, yes - the fact that he consistently used "whom", where he should have used "who", in an apparent attempt to seem more sophisticated, did make it even worse, imo. (We won't even get into his comma fetish.)

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#3 of 8 Old 10-05-2011, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OK, I love how they kept misusing 'whom' as well. If they were as upscale as they claim, they would know that "Chris whom served you is a qualified stylist whom has a sixth sense for fashion" is WRONG WRONG WRONG. Chris is the actor in the both of the clauses, and it should be WHO both places.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#4 of 8 Old 10-06-2011, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

I thought so! I thought that whom sounded off. I should have trusted my first impression.

#5 of 8 Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 PM

OP: I love your punny title!

#6 of 8 Old 10-06-2011, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

OP: I love your punny title!

duh.gif  Doh!  I will go to my grave never remembering when to use those homophones.

#7 of 8 Old 10-06-2011, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

There has been some speculation that it may all be a publicity stunt. Nothing confirmed though.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#8 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

duh.gif  Doh!  I will go to my grave never remembering when to use those homophones.

AHHHH, you changed it.  It was totally funny what with the fashion angle!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page