Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2012, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/24/politics/sotu-transcript/index.html

For me, if one thing could change?:

Quote:

"Some of what's broken has to do with the way Congress does its business these days. A simple majority is no longer enough to get anything - even routine business - passed through the Senate. Neither party has been blameless in these tactics. Now both parties should put an end to it."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Overall, I liked it. I didn't agree with every single thing, but on the whole, I agreed with a lot of it. I don't like the banging the drums of war in Iran's direction.

I will need to ponder and sleep on it a bit and probably read the transcript in the morning.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I Love Obama. I think he is a great man, smart, well spoken, thoughtful. I think he is doing a great job and I really liked ther parts of the speech I saw.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:28 PM

I liked nearly the entire speech, but he lost me with a lot of the military talk and the sanctions and attitude towards Iran. And the Israel part disappointed me. I'd like to see a step back in that relationship, because I don't agree with how Israel handles things, but looking at how the US government handles things, I can't say I'm surprised, I guess... Other than that I loved everything he said. We're actually moving back out of the US this spring because of a lot of the things he mentioned. We've stuck it out for two years here and it's been HARD. I don't know whether what he is saying is just talk or if he really plans on improving it, but besides healthcare, education is a huge deal for me. I work for a school district here as a bus monitor and today one of the kids (a nine year old boy) was sad because he found out a programme he wanted to sign up for cost $150 a month. When I asked him what the programme entailed: physics, computers, science, math, etc. I don't understand how improving our children needs to cost extra (I know partially it's because schools are underfunded and they're trying to find ways to make money, but that shouldn't be an issue in the first place). It especially broke my heart because I know how bad off his family is: they just got out of the women's shelter and into housing - they don't have a father in their life because he was deported and it's just the Mother trying to take care of her four children now. And what really killed me was he was really excited to sign up for the programme beforehand and it was all he could talk about. A NINE YEAR OLD EXCITED TO LEARN PHYSICS? That needs to be fed and encouraged! Ahhh... greensad.gif

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 AM

It was the same old, same old. A lot of talk that will result in little to no action. In 3 1/2 years, he has accomplished very little and ruined a whole heck of a lot, and nothing in the SOTU did anything to convince me otherwise. His forcible eviction from the White House cannot come soon enough for me. 

Eva, Tired Single Mama of Hurricane Bella~3/06 and Boy Bug Silas~7/08 fencing.gif

delayedvax.gifintactlact.gifcd.gif

Old 01-26-2012, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Read it.  Same old same old.  Actually DH and I were discussing the Iran issue... There will be war by March in my opinion.  Just where will Russia and China lay their hands?

We're currently at war with 8 countries.  Oh... I mean we're currently using our weapons in 8 countries.  I think we're really educating the masses.  On top of that... Let's fight in the cyber world now too. 

Sorry I'm just sick of it all. 

And I'm veteran... I didn't just make up my opinions over tea one morning.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Read it.  Same old same old.  Actually DH and I were discussing the Iran issue... There will be war by March in my opinion.  Just where will Russia and China lay their hands?

We're currently at war with 8 countries.  Oh... I mean we're currently using our weapons in 8 countries.  I think we're really educating the masses.  On top of that... Let's fight in the cyber world now too. 

That's actually why I'm so eager to speed things up and move out of here quicker -- war with Iran I think is inevitable and I really don't want to be here when it happens. Iran is ready to talk now and I honestly don't think the US or the EU are eager to talk. Sanctions and eventually war, I think, is what they're more into. It's just depressing. The whole situation. I guess I'm glad I'm not moving back to UAE and going back to Russia instead, but I worry about my family and friends there in UAE, because if war happens, that country is most likely going to end up being a hot mess. As for Russia, I think the only way we'd fight for Iran would be if China and India decided to and still, I'm not sure Russia would want to waste money on it. We're just getting our country back on it's feet after over a 100 years of wars and troubles. Russia is more likely to voice disapproval like we have been. And no one cares what we say anyway, we're just dictating commies who don't know anything about peace or freedom and Putin is the evilest of us all... he's been busy fixing things like our hospitals and helping young families get housing and money for having children (I'm going to get $14,000 for this child I'm pregnant with now thanks to his evil KGBness) and improving our FREE education system that works from infancy. And making laws for women who chose to stay at home with their children to receive money, because that's an important job too! But then again, if he's willing to do all those communist things you can't trust him!!!! eyesroll.gif

OH GIRLS, I AM HORMONAL AND GRUMPY AS HAAAAAIL THIS MORNING LOL! 

Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

I am curious how China would react though -- I read the India is supporting Iran by paying with gold instead of the US dollar for oil. And I heard China was going to follow suit. But I wonder if their support would extend to physically helping... that I'm not quite sure of. 

Old 01-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

EVIL RUSSIA!!!  AND CHINA!!!  And everyone else who does not believe what we believe... wait what do we believe?  Well good luck going back to Russia and I certainly hope Russia doesn't get involved I also hope that China squeezes us if we try to do too much.  They own most of us anyway.  They have a vested interest in us and I think we owe all our first born to them. 

Old 02-15-2012, 02:50 AM

Iran is ready to talk now?  With whom?

Oh, wait.  With Bashar Assad.  They're havin' a nice little tea party there.

Tags
News
User Tag List