Please visit my petition, your signature could help save millions of women Worldwide. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Alyssa and I have been on mothering since being pregnant with my first daughter 6 years ago. Today I am not posting about cloth diapering, natural infertility methods, or breastfeeding. I am here to ask for everyones help with something very close to my heart.

Our immune systems have a genetic component that differs among us. For instance, I am HLA DR52 positive. At 17, I had reconstructive surgery and saline implants were placed inside my chest to correct what occurred following a period of athleticism that affected the structure of my muscles and consequently my breasts.

A study discovered that 62% of women with breast implants who have Peripheral Neuropathy are HLA DR52 positive. Another study shows an association with HLA DR52 and a heart condition called Pulmonary Hypertension which is a progressive condition that can lead to heart failure.

Within several months after having implants, I developed a series of debilitating auto-immune symptoms. I gradually developed a severe form of Peripheral Neuropathy and was later diagnosed with severe Pulmonary Hypertension.

Since having the implants and surrounding scar tissue removed, I no longer have any of these conditions. This is evidence that silicone breast implants wether filled with silicone or saline trigger an auto-immune response in individuals with specific HLAs. HLA DR51, HLA DR52, HLA DR53, HLA B27, HLA DQ1, and HLA DQ2 have all been identified as common amongst symptomatic women.

It cost me $120 to discover I am HLA DR52 positive. This simple test could prevent what happened to me and what is happening to others still today.

Please consider signing my petition so that HLA testing is implemented prior to surgery to prevent those genetically predisposed to a reaction from losing their health and possibly their lives.

Who are these women? Cancer survivors, Moms, Neighbors, Sisters, Friends.. In Your Community. 

The following petition is asking that HLA testing be implemented, that current implant devices not spare quality for cost leading to high rupture and failure rates, and that women be informed and have access to natural less invasive options such as stem cell enhanced fat grafting which can naturally restore breasts.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and please consider signing and sharing this petition :0) 

http://www.change.org/petitions/breast-implants-and-women-s-health-a-silenced-epidemic

Your help is appreciated,

Alyssa

Tags
Activism

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page