Bus Monitor & Women In Media - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-23-2012, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've been following this campaign... http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?a=705717

And I'm glad she's getting so many funds. And then there's this one ~ http://www.indiegogo.com/fundwomeninmedia?a=705717  which has no funding at all yet.

Do you think maybe people fund things that are strictly emotional, or on the news?

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#2 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Perhaps. I'm glad it turned into such a positive thing for her. :)

#3 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Me too. I read how she didn't accept the boy's apologies and that made me a little sad, but I can understand why she's so hurt by what happened.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#4 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think she didn't feel the apologies were genuine, which was the impression I got from them too. I don't blame her for being skeptical - the kids I heard on that video were really heartless and horrific, and it'd be quite a 180 for them to start caring about her feelings.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#5 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I think she didn't feel the apologies were genuine, which was the impression I got from them too. I don't blame her for being skeptical - the kids I heard on that video were really heartless and horrific, and it'd be quite a 180 for them to start caring about her feelings.

It would be. But with all the media attention, which seems to be what kids these days DO understand, maybe they did mean it? Or at least, knew they ought to. I hope.

#6 of 6 Old 09-12-2012, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Just noticed this thread. Still an interesting story to me. I grew up in this district riding those same busses. I was called horrible names, had my hair pulled, was hit, spit on, made fun of for crying about it, and the administration couldn't have cared less. I finally refused to ride the bus and was driven to school and picked up every day. It's a problem that they've known about for years and are now just starting to address since this attention has been drawn to it. I feel bad for this woman but as many of my high school friends have mentioned - why did the district hire a retirement age woman to protect kids from being bulled on the bus?

Tags
News

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page