do you know anyone IRL who supports Bush? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 178 Old 04-23-2004, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is not our job to take over countries. In six months they would have been able to document there were no weapons of mass destruction. Instead of waiting, we barged in to get those weapons of mass destruction that didn't exist. And the oil prices did not go down, which is what many people wanted from this invasion.

I listened to a local (awadr-winning) radio host who was over there interviewing people involved in reconstruction. The local people are saying that the Americans aren't listening and understanding the culture, but staying isolated and imposing a western mindset that isn't working. Those who feel called can over there and rebuild, but I don't support this war or going over there in any form.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 178 Old 04-23-2004, 02:49 AM

Quote:
... by ericaz
... sure, i know a bunch of people who are into bush and all of them are religious (christian/conservative jews).
i can understand how important it is for them to have someone represent us who is prolife (although how it's anyone's business what other people do with their bodies is beyond me) and proreligion ...
Am assuming you were particular about that "small C" conservative Jews. Most Conservative Jews I know (and I know many) are strongly anti-Bush.

Most Orthodox Jews I know (& I know lots of those, too) are also strongly anti-Bush, but there are more exceptions in that group.

And BTW, the "pro-life" agenda is not one you can associate with Jews or Judaism, be they Orthodox or not. There may be some who agree with it, but it's not quite in accord with Jewish law/belief.
#63 of 178 Old 04-23-2004, 03:55 AM

NOTE TO SELF:...........stop reading these kinds od threads........

#64 of 178 Old 04-23-2004, 11:53 AM

hi amy,
let me clarify

i meant politcally conservative jews.

as for being pro life - many religious people i know (both christians and jews) oppose abortion rights. didn't mean to make a sweeping generalization about ALL religious people - just most of the ones i know.

thanks to all the bush supporters who wrote to help me understand what positive attributes they see in the president and the job he's done thus far.
while most of what was said is the complete opposite of what i believe to be true - it's always interesting to see other points of view.
#65 of 178 Old 04-23-2004, 10:22 PM

Quote:
What does racism have to do with supporting Bush?
I was just stating that the ONLY people I know IRL - personally, as in, speak to them regularly - are racist. That's all. I'm not saying you cybermommies who support Bush are. I'm just talking about people that I know, personally. It scares me.
#66 of 178 Old 04-23-2004, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Yes, I have crunchy friends in my playgroup that support Bush. We just don't talk about politics much as there are widely differing views in the group.

My brother is a Bush supporter from what I can tell, and lots of my neighbors are as well.

My 78 year old mother who used to be a dyed in the wool Republican lost all her wool or something. She truly dislikes George W. Bush, believes he is immoral and will not vote for him. It is interesting how she has changed after so long.
#67 of 178 Old 04-24-2004, 09:01 PM
A&A

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Yep, my parents. Don't look at me--I didn't raise 'em!

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#68 of 178 Old 04-26-2004, 04:03 PM

Nursing Mother, I applaud you for writing your feelings in this forum so well, without fear of being in the minority! I usually just lurk, because I just get mad about this kind of stuff. Thank you!
#69 of 178 Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
4. support because they dislike both but think Bush is a better (though only slightly better) option

This is me and dh.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  11yo dd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 9yo ds and 7yo ds
and 2yo ds 

#70 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad7
Yep, me! And a TON of my friends and family. Proud to say it too!
DITTO!!
#71 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 03:12 PM

And yes, thanks NM- You always echo my thoughts on things... er rather I am echoing YOUR thoughts on issues...

You are awesome! I LOVE YA!
#72 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 03:21 PM

I know LOTTS of IRL Bush supporters..... All the people I know are conserv. As is my family... as far as I know anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom
Doesn't any Bush supporter here feel at least mildly uncomfortable with a president who appears in public almost never except to campaign? He's the president and he has given three prime time press conferences in three years? Why do you think that is? It doesn't make you question him at least a little?

You asked why I thought this is...... Ummm it tells me He is BUSY doing his JOB!!! And doesnt want to TALK all the crap while he sits on his Ar$e all the time..... It says he is not trying to brainwash/sweettalk/appeal to everyone why he is a good guy/good choice. He isnt trying to Please everyone.... thats one thing I DO like. I cant stand the guys like Kerry that just sit the fence & can't PICK A SIDE on an issue.... the flipp-flopping just to please everone is sickening..
#73 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
You asked why I thought this is...... Ummm it tells me He is BUSY doing his JOB!!!
Interesting... considering he has taken more vacation time than ANY president in history......

Quote:
It says he is not trying to brainwash/sweettalk/appeal to everyone why he is a good guy/good choice.
Uhmm.. should I post how many times he used "Sadam" and "9/11" in the same sentence in the months leading up to the war?
#74 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 06:30 PM

Hmmmmm. Seriously, You'de need time off to recoup/regroup/relax too if you had the weight on your shoulders he does! I think it's completely justified concidering what he's had to deal with...

Quote:
Uhmm.. should I post how many times he used "Sadam" and "9/11" in the same sentence in the months leading up to the war?
What does that have to do with anything?? That's what was going on at the time.... thats what the people were concerned with. Twas the most pressing of issues. kwim?
#75 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I cant stand the guys like Kerry that just sit the fence & can't PICK A SIDE on an issue.... the flipp-flopping just to please everone is sickening..
How folks can utter the above with a straight face is kinda spooky. Has a Stepford Folk vibe to it:

Bush opposed the McCain-Feingold bill in the 2000 GOP primary, tried to kill it in Congress, and then signed it when it passed:
http://www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowry022102.shtml

Bush is against a Homeland Security Department; then he's for it.

Bush is against a 9/11 commission; then he's for it.

Bush is against extending the time for the 9/11 commission; then he's for it.

Bush won't let Condi Rice testify under oath in front of the 9/11 commission on "principle", which evaporates when politcal heat turns up.

Bush wants to limit his and Cheney private testimony before the 9/11 commission to one hour; then he's OK with no time limit.

Bush is against initating an outside investigation of the Iraq/WMD intelligence disaster; then he's for it.

Bush is against nation building; then he's for it (see Iraq).

Bush is against deficits; then he's for them.

Bush is for free trade; then he's for tariffs on steel; then he's against them again.

Bush is against the U.S. taking a role in the Israeli Palestinian conflict; then he pushes for a "road map" and a Palestinian State; then he OK's Sharon's unilateral disengagement in Gaza and blesses keeping West Bank territory.

Bush is for states right to decide on gay marriage, then he is for changing the constitution:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...bush.marriage/

Bush first says he'll provide money for first responders (fire, police, emergency), then he doesn't: http://www.hillnews.com/news/032603/funds.aspx

Bush first says that 'help is on the way' to the military ... then he tries to cut benefits: http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...59-1989240.php

Bush - "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. Bush - "I don't know where he is. I have no idea and I really don't care.

Bush first says the U.S. won't negotiate with North Korea. Now he will.

Bush said he would demand a U.N. Security Council vote on whether to sanction military action against Iraq. Later Bush announced he would not call for a vote.

Bush said the "mission accomplished" banner was put up by the sailors. Bush later admits it was his advance team.

Bush was for fingerprinting and photographing Mexicans who enter the US. Bush after meeting with Pres. Fox, he's against it.

Bush says he's in favor of adding carbon dioxide as a regulated greenhouse gas. Then Bush said it would not be included.

Bush was against amnesty for illegal aliens. Now he's for it.

Bush was against Presidents doing an end run around Congress to pack the courts. Then he did it.

Bush said the war would cost $3 billion. Then he asked for 87 billion.

Bush - We need to go to war with Iraq because their WMDs pose a direct threat to the United States. Bush - We needed to go to war with Iraq to free the Iraqi people!

Bush - We have found WMDs: http://www.whitehouse.gov/g8/interview5.html
Bush - Er, never mind: http://www.americanprogress.org/site...RJ8OVF&b=28200

Bush implemented No Child Left Behind, then underfunded it and has now frosted Republican governors: http://www.usatoday.com/news/educati...ild-usat_x.htm
#76 of 178 Old 04-27-2004, 07:04 PM

everyone i know (locally, at least) IRL, with the exception being my SO, supports bush.

oh wait, my MIL doesn't (i thought she did).
#77 of 178 Old 04-28-2004, 12:03 PM

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything?? That's what was going on at the time.... thats what the people were concerned with. Twas the most pressing of issues. kwim?
You mentioned brainwashing in relation to Kerry. I mentioned how many times Bush said "sadam" and "9/11" in the same sentence leading up to the war. During that time in a Gallup poll over 80% of Americans polled believed that Sadam was responsible for or participated in 9/11... which was not true. 9/11 and Sadam were SEPERATELY pressing issues and did not belong in the same sentence, paragraph or speach. It was one of many deceitful tactics used to play on America's fears and emotions to gain support for a war waged under false pretenses.
#78 of 178 Old 04-28-2004, 10:55 PM

Not too many. I teach at a university and I have yet to meet a colleague who supports Dubya. I did see one of my students wearing an NRA belt, so I assume he's a supporter.

Quote:
Bush has turned my dad into a latent raving liberal!!!! Yeahhhh!!!!
He did the same to my husband! Also, my ILs, life long Reps, think he's the biggest idiot ever!

We are now a family of tree-hugging, peace-loving Catholics in perfect agreement that Bush is evil.

Ilaria mamma to Owen, Caroline & Patrick .... loving life as expats in Asia intactlact.gifnovaxnocirc.gifuc.jpgnamaste.gif
#79 of 178 Old 04-28-2004, 11:09 PM

WRONG ANSWER! - Who do you think supported AQ?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom
You mentioned brainwashing in relation to Kerry. I mentioned how many times Bush said "sadam" and "9/11" in the same sentence leading up to the war. During that time in a Gallup poll over 80% of Americans polled believed that Sadam was responsible for or participated in 9/11... which was not true. 9/11 and Sadam were SEPERATELY pressing issues and did not belong in the same sentence, paragraph or speach. It was one of many deceitful tactics used to play on America's fears and emotions to gain support for a war waged under false pretenses.
#80 of 178 Old 04-28-2004, 11:12 PM

And for what its worth... I DIDNT mention ANYTHING about brainwashing...
#81 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 12:52 AM

Quote:
WRONG ANSWER! - Who do you think supported AQ?!?!?
Wow, someone certainly appears to have glugged the Kool-Aid:
Bush: No Iraq link to 9/11 found
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...ushiraq18.html

"President Bush, having repeatedly linked Saddam Hussein to the terrorist organization behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, said yesterday there is no evidence that the deposed Iraqi leader had a hand in those attacks, in contrast to the belief of most Americans."

Powell admits no smoking- gun proof
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?from=storyrhs

"Despite his assertions to the United Nations last year, the US Secretary of State, Colin Powell, says he had no conclusive proof of a link between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda."

But, hey, it is understandable though...
http://www.moveon.org/misleader/3lies-ad.pdf
#82 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 12:03 PM

Quote:
And for what its worth... I DIDNT mention ANYTHING about brainwashing...
Yeah ya did:

Quote:
You asked why I thought this is...... Ummm it tells me He is BUSY doing his JOB!!! And doesnt want to TALK all the crap while he sits on his Ar$e all the time..... It says he is not trying to brainwash/sweettalk/appeal to everyone why he is a good guy/good choice. He isnt trying to Please everyone.... thats one thing I DO like. I cant stand the guys like Kerry that just sit the fence & can't PICK A SIDE on an issue.... the flipp-flopping just to please everone is sickening..
#83 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 02:18 PM

RowansDad,

Excellent posts! Thanks for saving me the breath or should I say keyboard punching....
#84 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 09:01 PM

I don't know anyone personally, but I am surrounded by pro-Bush and pro-Repbulican bumper stickers.

Would love to move to northern CA!!!!
#85 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 09:08 PM

Wildcrafter, we must be neighbors. So many closed-minded redneck people around here as well.

One reason I get along swimmingly with my ILS is that they can't stand Bush, either. They put the lie to the idea that everyone gets more conservative as they get older.
#86 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verity
Wildcrafter, we must be neighbors. So many closed-minded redneck people around here as well.

OKAY, So what.. Having a Bush bumper sticker makes someone a "Close-minded redneck!!??

Can't you add your answer and oppinion without belitteling others? Sure does give liberals a bad name....
#87 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom
Yeah. Me. Dh. My folks. Both entire churches that we regularly attend....

That's not to say that we all agree with everything that he's doing/done. But we just feel he's a lesser evil than Kerry.
Yeah, all that. Big fat ditto.
#88 of 178 Old 04-29-2004, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Both entire churches that we regularly attend
Both ENTIRE churches? Did you guys conduct a poll?

Ilaria mamma to Owen, Caroline & Patrick .... loving life as expats in Asia intactlact.gifnovaxnocirc.gifuc.jpgnamaste.gif
#89 of 178 Old 04-30-2004, 12:51 AM

Entire churches thinking the same? That's scary. You'd think people would still be individuals and have their own opinions!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#90 of 178 Old 04-30-2004, 12:52 AM

Yes. My FIL. UGH...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page