The Dangers of Febreze - Sustainable Baby Steps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LiLStar

#1 of 4 Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mamas, please read this Important Article to protect your family's health and safety >> Must Read >> The Dangers of Febreze - Sustainable Baby Steps...

http://www.sustainablebabysteps.com/febreze.html

Thank you for being fragrance-free! Wear organic or wear nothing!
http://bodyearthself.blogspot.com/
#2 of 4 Old 04-27-2014, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I recently began to suspect Febreeze as a baddie. I started a new job in which the bathrooms always reeked of this overpowering perfume smell and it made me ill to go in there. I did the research and emailed my boss and she listened ... the Febreeze is gone. We are now using something non-toxic and biodegradable from a local source.
#3 of 4 Old 04-27-2014, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Many public bathrooms make me instantly feel sick and gross and like I get an instant headache. Not just febreze, but any air freshener. It feels like my lungs are rejecting the air and as soon as I breathe it in, my instinct is to push as much air out of my lungs as possible and get out! I don't understand how there are people who buy/use thus stuff voluntarily and consider it good? I'd rather smell poop. We once bought grocery store cat litter ("unscented "was a huge lie) and I could smell it across the house and immediately insisted it goes outside. Ran out for some emergency feline pine (my cats prefer clay litter, so this was not ideal) to hold us over until we could get to a pet store for unscented clay litter. Whyccan't I buy clumping clay litter from the grocery store that doesn't reek of fragrance?
Viola likes this.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#4 of 4 Old 08-20-2014, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great post! I didn't know this, while I suspected febreze was not healthy, it's the only commercial air spray that doesn't give me headaches. Time ti find something else. Perhaps a spray bottle with water, alcohol & essential oils would work just as well, just shake it up. Are there any more natural products (Frontier) that anyone has tried?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page