• 1 Post By Sandy81186
  • 1 Post By Viola
  • 1 Post By pumabearclan

#1 of 6 Old 05-17-2014, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1. In the 1920s, The government was allowed to tell you who you could, or could not marry, in the 1920s children had no rights and the abuse the children went through was pure awful... in the 1920s America was infact feeding the Nazi machine that was Adolf Hitler, Doctor Mengele, and Karl Brandt, the personal physician of Adolf Hitler, and the designer of the lethal injection execution method used since 1982...

2. In the 1920s, there were no laws protecting the public, thinking as people do today, if you went into a time machine back into the 1920s, you wouldn't eat the food and the drink that they had, because there was drugs in it, most notably coca cola... and everywhere you went it would be so full of smoke you could smoke a ham in there.. which is the reason people back in the 1920s did not live as long, were not as healthy, did not have as good of an education...

The Drugs, the Alcohol, the Tobacco, the Pollution, the Predatory practices of Businesses, and the utter garbage that people ate back then, was a disaster by todays standards.

3. The racism was terrible in the 1920s, and part of it may well have been the drugs that people were taking and calling it food and drink... these drugs are very mentally and physically debilitating, and the people were racists and bigots, possibly because the drugs caused them to be mentally disturbed.

4. There was a reason why people were mentally disturbed in the 1920s.. for one thing, there was no technology like there is today, and things were a lot harder back then as a result... its easy to say "just pick up a shovel and put coal in the furnace"..

yeah yeah yeah... yeah ok... how about YOU try it first pal.. LOL... ok....

And the child abuse that at the time they called it "discipline"... and the drugs in our fast food such as cocaine in coca cola.

I for one, am not nostalgic for that garbage, and the reason why it was that way in the past, is people didn't know.... the companies back then had an OVERWHELMING knowledge advantage over the consuming public..

The companies knew that tobacco was bad for you, they Knew that DDT was bad you, they knew that Alcohol was bad for you, they Knew that Asbestos was for you, the doctors and the legal system, and the politicians and the psychologists knew that the discipline that was used was abusive and they also knew that that the excruciating and grueling work that people were doing for a living was bad for you...... they knew that the pollution from industry was bad for you... they knew ALL of it.... the public knew NONE of it..

So why is there so much nostalgia ? why do people miss garbage ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, okay then!

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#3 of 6 Old 05-19-2014, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I think maybe people imagine that life was simpler back then, if not more pure. Haven't studies shown that society has become more stressful? I really hope people don't miss the bad things you mentioned.
#4 of 6 Old 05-28-2014, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The truth is, today is the simple times, because of technology, and overall, today is in fact less stressful... believe it or not.

Not only did the harsh conditions cause stress back then, but the resulting behavior made it even more stressful.

applejuice likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Sometimes I think people miss being ignorant, or they only see the fun parts of the earlier times. The people I know born in the 20's aren't necessarily too nostalgic. My father was born in the 1920's and he was not the type to look back. I mean he'd talk about some of the fun things in his childhood at times, but that was about it. My mom was also born in the 20's and lost her mom to meningitis when she was only 8 years old (and my dad lost his brother to meningitis around the same year). It was the Great Depression, so she had a hard life being passed around to relatives while her dad tried to find work.
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 6 Old 06-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Perhaps many people appreciated knowing what their roles and options in life were rather than having to make it for themselves. It is still difficult in many cases to be and do whatever you dream, the freedom of self-determination isn't quite what it is advertised to be. People perhaps miss longevity with one employer or the ease of dealing with others in proscribed roles. I think that life was easier in the past in that regard. Now people are really thrown back on their own skill & wits and expected to continue to adapt throughout their lives, which is stimulating and successful for many but not for all. Fewer excuses are made for those who cannot or will not keep current with social and technological changes, which is exhausting or threatening for them.

I am nostalgic for the 1960s and 1970s in the US when human rights was a strong motivator for young people. I think that young people can be very complacent now, but the issues are still critical: gender equality, government abuses of privacy & personal freedom, civil rights and discrimination, the welfare of children, exploitative international relations... I have felt that we are not making much progress on these issues in the US since the 1980s.
grisandole likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page