I'm just disgusted. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I actually heard about Gay Days at some amusement parks, (the one referred to was in Massachusetts), on a college radio station, call letters: WRPI...(we only get that station if we are on the road about 20 miles away on a major highway...ain't it grand to be a hillbilly like me?).

That radio show is called "Homo-Radio", and we LOVE to listen because the radiohost has a great sense of humor (we have listened to WRPI for many years). The host was saying that these Gay Days are really wonderful social events, the park is alot of fun, and it's a great time for gay folks, families and friends to relax and get out.

Thanks for the OP!

Joyce in the mts.

CD Labor/Postpartum (MSTM), Doula trainer (BAI), Midwifery Student/Apprentice, CPS Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 PM

Joyce...gay people + roller coasters + sno-cones + corn dogs???? I AM SO THERE. It's only 20 minutes away from me....Who's in?

"you-had-me-at-corn-dogs"-ingly,
Allison
#33 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

This was about the six flags fiesta Texas park, I think.

#34 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 08:01 PM

MAN! I wish I was staying in TX longer!!
#35 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my~hearts~light
...When families attend Six Flags Over Texas on Saturday, September 18th, they will not be informed about "Gay Day at Six Flags," nor the thousands of homosexuals in attendance. It will be a total shock when they realize they are waiting in line for one hour at a time with flamboyant homosexuals embracing one another and kissing...
Watch the gay/lesbian families:

*go into sticker shock when paying for their tickets!
*desperatly to figure out where the nearest bathroom is while their 2 year old yells, "I'm gotta pee RIGHT NOW!"
*drop their jaws when they see the prices on the menus in the park!
*hold each others, and their children's, hands!
*get talked into waiting in hour-long line one more time for the log flume by their children who are jacked up on cotton candy!
*argue over whether $25 for a souvenier t-shirt is too much!
*spend 30 maddening minutes trying to find their minivan in a parking lot full of them!

#36 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

They really want it to look like it'll be nothing but twenty somethings wearing flashy thong swimsuits having sex all over the place. On the rides and all! God forbid families!
#37 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 08:37 PM

Hey, that's my 20th birthday!!!! What a way to celebrate!!! : :

Party over here, ooh, ooh!
Party over there, ooh, ooh!!
#38 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my~hearts~light
This was about the six flags fiesta Texas park, I think.
Dang! I thought it was the six flags in Arlington....I was even gearing up to overcome my natural agoraphobia....grumble...

whew-I-won't-have-to-be-in-a-crowd-after-all-ingly,
Allison
#39 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned

gez.. why not "the lynch mob in white sheets" day? or "pro-life or else" day?

who cares if its "gay day?" I'd probably go if there was a 6flags within an hour or two from us on "gay day" just to support them and to start teaching my child not to be prejudicial (except against CPS workers...).
#40 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamid
gez.. why not "the lynch mob in white sheets" day? or "pro-life or else" day?
Mamid...um...TEXAS in the summertime???? Those sheets get awfully hot. How short-sighted .

"dangit-when-my-sheet-gon'-be-ready-maw! They's-waitin'-at-the-park!!!"-ingly,
Allison
#41 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmamma
MAN! I wish I was staying in TX longer!!
There's a sentence you don't see every day.
#42 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama ganoush
There's a sentence you don't see every day.
alas, truer words were never spoken sweet ganoush...

imagining-i'm-back-in-Germany-ily,
Allison
#43 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Other than the heat, I love it here. I've lived here my whole life. And we're in the military.

BTW< I have an idea~ Who wants to help?

Submit your obnoxious email to forward to those people to protest "homophobic intolerant churchgoers day" (or something similar)

I'd like to see something about casting stones, don't ya think? :trollicon :
#44 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:21 PM

or you could be here in Miami, alli dear. anytime....
#45 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Banned

Actually, considering that the a-rabs wear sheets to keep themselves cool in A-rab-eeeya, I could see the "lynch mob in white sheets" wearing them just to keep cool.

"the better to targit ya'll, ya see.."
#46 of 172 Old 07-27-2004, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamid
Actually, considering that the a-rabs wear sheets to keep themselves cool in A-rab-eeeya, I could see the "lynch mob in white sheets" wearing them just to keep cool.

"the better to targit ya'll, ya see.."
Dang Mamid - my buddy list is gettin' loooonnnggg, but you're officially there...sigh...

Good point about them there A-rabs...(really if you could hear my accent, it would be wicked funny....)

Arabesque-ingly,
Allison
#47 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
When families attend Six Flags Over Texas on Saturday, September 18th, they will not be informed about "Gay Day at Six Flags," nor the thousands of homosexuals in attendance. It will be a total shock when they realize they are waiting in line for one hour at a time with flamboyant homosexuals embracing one another and kissing.
Hey, this makes me want to go! :LOL What better way to make a long wait enjoyable?

Yeah, I expect to be informed about any homosexuals anywhere I may go!
#48 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 02:36 AM

but I will see what I can come up with in the next few days

alliwenk methinks I read another dear prudence in the making ,,,move on out of Highland Park lol I thought Arlington too but SA is six hours away..
#49 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I guess I'll be the first one on this thread to say I'm not really that disgusted. In fact, that is information that I would like to have, although I wouldn't call Six Flags to protest or forward that email. If I had a child old enough to notice men kissing men, and had several choices of days to go to Six Flags, I would choose to not go on "Gay Day." I wouldn't mind my child seeing a homosexual couple kissing once in awhile, but it would be unnatural to be exposed to so many at once.

-- Paula
#50 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 05:30 AM

#51 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Banned

I agree with Janellesmommy, but would like to add that I don't really care to see heteros kissing and carrying on either when children are around.
#52 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellesmommy
...I wouldn't mind my child seeing a homosexual couple kissing once in awhile, but it would be unnatural to be exposed to so many at once.

-- Paula
Why? Do you want to preserve the "shock value" and don't want them to get used to it?

I think most people (of whatever sexual persuasion) would NOT be indulging in full-out necking/deep sexy kissing at an amusement park. Any kissing seen there would be likely to be the tender loving kisses that are so commonly seen at train stations all up and down the east coast on any given workday...usually between heterosexual couples. I haven't heard anyone complain about that and not want their kid to ride the trains because they might "be exposed to so many at once".
#53 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind my child seeing a homosexual couple kissing once in awhile, but it would be unnatural to be exposed to so many at once.

-- Paula
unnatural? noone told me there were going to be gay robots at 6 flags. Now I'm there!!!!
#54 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't mind my child seeing a homosexual couple kissing once in awhile, but it would be unnatural to be exposed to so many at once.
Six Flags is very natural.

Are you monogamous? Because according to the Bible and looong history of humans on this earth, that is the most un natural state of being.
#55 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 10:51 AM

Ack...I'm with ganoush, I want me one of them there gay robots.

gay-bots-ily,
Allison
#56 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 10:57 AM

Why is it unloving? I didn't see anything like "OH, gay day is coming up, let's get our rifles and clubs and meet 'em there!"

If I don't want to be exposed to a park full of practicing homosexuals, or have my children exposed to it, what's the problem? I don't not love them as people, but just because I disagree with what they do, and don't want to be around it, I'm unloving?

I'm with janelle and sleeping queen on this one. And this is actually one reason we are very careful about where we go. If there was a "Swinging couples" day at a park, I'd want to know about it and avoid it too. I have every right to know about and avoid situations where I would be very uncomfortable.

And if Gay Day is such a great thing, why won't Six Flags be honest about it? That's not very "loving" of them IMO
#57 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sssshh. You have an unpopular opinion.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  11yo dd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 9yo ds and 7yo ds
and 2yo ds 

#58 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 11:23 AM

Because Six Flags isn't sponsoring it, that's why.
#59 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

It's the fact that people feel the need to forward this crap to everyone in their address book in hopes of preserving that park for families that they like and agree with. It's the fact that 4 people forwarded it to me, knowing I couldn't go if it was my hearts desire. WHat you're missing is that you DON"T hsve the right to be informed about this in order to avoid it! You don't have the right to run all the gays out of the supermarket or the department store either. What kind of example do you think this is setting for your children? We don't like what they do so we avoid them at all cost. That's a great witness! Attitudes like that make me undersdstand why they would want to avoid us. I don't like what alot of people do, it makes no difference, I don't have to do those things. Besides that, get a grip I don't think being gauy means you loose your manners and feel comfortable making out at an amusment park. You might not know it was "gay day" if you were there. It's not the same thing as transexuals in heels day at six flags. That's next month. BTW, If you are familiar with this neat book, called the bible, you'd read alot about tolerance and acceptance. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
I know that our churches have brought us to believe it's wrong to be gay, i've been raised in church. Thing is that as adults we have the ability to choose. To choose to hate, to avoid, to gossip is not the right choice. I won't pretend to understand why people are gay or if it's right or wrong. It makes NO difference what I think. In my mind, according to what I belive is true for everyone, I"m not the one who judges acts in life when life is over. Why should I judge them now? Why should you judge their wrongs and make a sinner out of yourself? (of course I know that not everyone feels that way and not everyone can relate.) The best person we can all be is the person who looks at everyone the same regardless of their choices and love them without judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom
Why is it unloving? I didn't see anything like "OH, gay day is coming up, let's get our rifles and clubs and meet 'em there!"

If I don't want to be exposed to a park full of practicing homosexuals, or have my children exposed to it, what's the problem? I don't not love them as people, but just because I disagree with what they do, and don't want to be around it, I'm unloving?

I'm with janelle and sleeping queen on this one. And this is actually one reason we are very careful about where we go. If there was a "Swinging couples" day at a park, I'd want to know about it and avoid it too. I have every right to know about and avoid situations where I would be very uncomfortable.

And if Gay Day is such a great thing, why won't Six Flags be honest about it? That's not very "loving" of them IMO
#60 of 172 Old 07-28-2004, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

ITA nuring mother. And for the record if I were to be there by chance on gay day I would complain to the managment if ANYONE was going overboard with affection. Save the sloppy kisses for home! I had to complain once at tony romas because there was a trashy couple making out right beside us. Their aniversary, both hammered. My kid was 2 at the time and I did not appreciate that. And it was a hed couple. Mutual respect.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page