TX parents refuse radiation on 12 YO dd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2005, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, i just posted in TAO about this, but i realized there's this forum.

the parents of a 12 YO cancer patient refused preventative radiation b/c the cancer is gone right now and they are open to alternative treatments. well, CPS took their kids from them and are trying to force radiation on the girl.
i think this violates the parents rights to make informed decisions about their child.

i have worked with a woman who was receiving natural cancer therapy and she and many others have had success.

i want to offer any support i can to this family...especially get them in touch with the gerson institute (home of the gerson cancer therapy) so they may have their support and also to bring to light the alternative cancer treatments that WORK.

if anyone has any ideas, info on this or knows of how to get in touch with these parents...michelle and edward wernecke of corpus christi, TX, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 02:25 PM

I dont know how you can contact them but you might try a google search, I think there would probably be something on there supportting them.

I feel so sad for them.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:22 PM

I agree that their DD should not have been taken for that reason and I feel terrible for her - she must be TERRIFIED being forced into treatment that she herself doesn't even want and that she knows is going to make her ill. I have horrible visions of her being tied down while they give her "treatment". Ugh, how awful.

I don't see this family in the phone book (I live near CC, TX). However, I did want to mention that their two sons were taken for reasons unrelated to medical care, prior to this incident. It could be that they are being picked on for being outside of the "mainstream". Anyway, just be aware if you do reach them that their boys had already been taken - just to avoid any awkwardness if you should happen to say the wrong thing, kwim?

User Tag List