Pres. Candidate Supports Constitution, Against War, Fascism - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 126 Old 12-31-2007, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
im not voting for someone who is hmmm.. cant dicuss certain things...

i would vote for ron paul for a variety of reasons. i have a hard time believing that women would vote for him.

i think this year ill vote green or c.p.u.s.a

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 126 Old 01-02-2008, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ewwww. Ron Paul spam. :
#63 of 126 Old 01-04-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athansor View Post
I agree with merpk. The more I learn about him, the less I like him. I think if you are opposed to the war, and want to see more social freedoms, such as everyone having the right to marry, then you should consider Kucinich.
Of course, after today's debate, I think that I want to learn more about Gravel as well.
http://www.gravel2008.us/

He is winning the blind issues poll among military.... he wants to end the war, go green, and stop corruption
#64 of 126 Old 01-04-2008, 04:44 PM

I have met and spoke directly with Dennis Kucinich a few years ago. He was a spiritual man, spoke much to me about how much the east and west can be merged both in spiritual terms and material. He is a visionary with a big sweet heart, he meditates daily, and when he held my hands and looked me in the eye I felt a rush of some of the purest energy I have felt thus far. He is a good man. I trust him. A simple man with a big spirit in a cute little body.

As far as Ron Paul, I've heard and seen that a lot of the people on myspace are voting for him... secondly it seems that yes he stands for liberty but I don't see equality for all being the same in his message. Yes he wants to get the government out of people's lives, but this also means wiping out more of the current and limited welfare for those in poverty, housing, food vouchers, insurance...etc... What he wants to do is create a liberal life for the people who can liberally afford to live.

I think it is healthy for all of us to be talking about our views. That is a true democracy to be able to freely do so. There are other countries that would have had us all in jail or murdered by even posting on a site like this. We are so blessed to have this freedom of speech, and thank god that the big corporates do not own this site to try and limit us.

Peace. Let's keep this debate going. Ask more to join!!!
#65 of 126 Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 PM

Oh... how I would love this beautiful women to be first lady... please take a peek at Dennis Kucinich's wife if you truely want to know where his heart is.

http://www.dennis4president.com/meet-elizabeth/
#66 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 02:09 AM

I have been offline for a while and have finally gotten a chance to visit MDC again and unfortunately this thread has jumped out at me and, I fear, will take up all of the time that I right now to be here. I will admit right now that the reason it jumped out at me is beacuse I am a Dr. Ron Paul supporter.

I really do not like to debate politics. I would NEVER endeavor to tell someone else who to vote for or even think of attacking someone or name calling because of who they have chosen to vote for. It is saddening to me hat some others on this thread do not feel that way, but that has always been a bit of an issue here at MDC when people have differing beliefs. I digress.

The main reason I actually felt that I needed to post a reply here is because of an interview I just watched today with Dr. Paul. The issue of raism came up directly. Here is a link to the full interview:
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/01042008/watch2.html

And here is the specific quote that I feel needs mentioned...I will let it speak for itself with exception of me adding emphasis:
Quote:
BILL MOYERS: No. They don't-- no, they don't. But there's just-- there's some pieces I've been reading on it that accuse you of illiberal sentiments on race, Israel and other topics. They say that you've demeaned black perhaps by some of your references, the Civil War and to slavery. And that you are always attacking the Jewish lobby-- the Israeli lobby--

RON PAUL: Oh, I think that that's completely wrong. And, you know, libertarianism is the enemy of all racism, because racism is a collectivist idea is that you put people in categories. You say, "Well, Blacks belong here, Whites here, and women here." Well, we don't see people in form-- or gays. You don't have rights because you're gays, or women, or minorities. You have rights because you're an individual. So, we see people strictly as individuals. And we get these individuals in a natural way. So, it's exactly opposite of all collectivism. And it's absolutely anti-racism, because we don't see in those terms.
I feel I must also mention a few other thougts of mine. The truth is that whether he made those statements at that time or not, and whether or not he is in any way "racist" it would truly have nothing to do with his presidency as it has already had nothing to do with his being in Congress.

His strong desire to return to a Constitutional Federal government would give ALL of us back SO MANY liberties that we have lost over the years as our government has gotten bigger and bigger. Look at howoften in the news we hear of some new crazy regulation the government has imposed on us, or is trying to impose. We are right now as you read this losing more rights to eat what we want to eat because "big daddy government" says, "it may be bad for you". I mean, come on!!! pasteurizing almonds, pasteurizing greens, limiting access to various herbs and natural treatments???? Our federal government needs to GET OUT OF OUR LIVES!!! ...and our pocketbooks!!!

He is running for a Federal office not a state one and therefore, if the constitution were being more closely followed - which it would definitely be were he in office, he would not be helping to pass any laws that would take away liberties from anyone no matter their race, creed, sexual orientation. As for gay rights, I have heard him specifically say that the federal government needs to stay out of our bedrooms.

I have not seen that any of the other candidates, Dem or Rep, truly have our freedom and liberties at the top of their priorities.

I could say so much more, but I do not believe that that would be the best thing to do.

Peace and best wishes to each of you as you consider who is the best candidate for you.

Tina
#67 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM

That is not anti-racism. That is a deliberate refusal to recognize that people *are* treated differently by the color of their skin in this country, and throughout the world.
#68 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 03:09 PM

ABC and Disney are turning out to be more Powerful then Democracy itself. The reason why both Dennis and Ron Paul are out of the current debates is because their faces do not total money. If you all want to come together on something we should come together on this. Please watch this video until the end, the end has the best parts. Peace... we need our democracy back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB3JgbsddrQ
#69 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-elaine View Post
As for gay rights, I have heard him specifically say that the federal government needs to stay out of our bedrooms.

Gay rights isn't about staying out of bedrooms. Most states have done away with laws that intrude on what gay/lesbian folk do in their bedrooms.

Gay rights is about hospital rooms and who makes decisions for gay patients ... about living rooms and the rights of inheritance in gay couples' apartments ... and about back rooms and board rooms where decisions are made to fire, intimidate or otherwise make life difficult for gay employees.

Just to think about a few rooms, anyway.
#70 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 05:04 PM

swoon
#71 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 05:11 PM

"I like the fact that Kucinich has seen a UFO. It's one more bit of evidence that he's a man who has the courage to explore the edges of what it is to be human. But his strong rise in polls and his tough positions on health care and other issues make him a targe for the same kind of media hit job attack that Howard Dean suffered.

I have to wonder, when Tim Russert asked Dennis Kucinich about his UFO sighting, he was aiming at pulling a Dean Scream media hit on him. After the Iowa Caucus, when Dean let out a whoop, and a videographer with a mike on Dean over amplified the sound, the three second clip was shown thousands of times to mock Dean-- at a time when he was in a position to win the election-- something none of the major networks or mainstream media wanted. Dean had threatened to re-regulate the de-regulated media, forcing them to dis-own radio and TV stations where they had a monopoly, or just too much control of the media in a given metro area.

Now, something frightening has happened with Kucinich-- frightening to the mainstream media. He's not only made it past their cut-off requirements-- the ones that cut Mike Gravel out of the debate circuit-- he's actuall pulling strong in polling-- fourth place in New Hampshire, first place in the 100,000+ vote DFA poll. He's pulled to the top of the second tier in a a number of polls and in California's latest straw poll, he came in second, after Edwards, ahead of Obama and Hillary.

Mocking, and laughing at candidates is a common strategy used by all the mainstream, lamestream media. That's how they knock down the candidates who have the character and independence to stand out. Expect to see them do it more and more as Kucinich and Ron Paul both stand out-- totally against the war, totally for the constitution.

There are huge differences between Kucinich and Paul, but they will both be facing more mocking than the other candidates."

Rob Call, Political writer
#72 of 126 Old 01-07-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merpk View Post
Gay rights isn't about staying out of bedrooms. Most states have done away with laws that intrude on what gay/lesbian folk do in their bedrooms.

Gay rights is about hospital rooms and who makes decisions for gay patients ... about living rooms and the rights of inheritance in gay couples' apartments ... and about back rooms and board rooms where decisions are made to fire, intimidate or otherwise make life difficult for gay employees.

Just to think about a few rooms, anyway.
It's also about the military, and Paul has already said that he *supports* Don't Ask Don't Tell.
#73 of 126 Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 PM

I know this probably won't matter to most of you, but I still felt that it should be mentioned...again. This is a new, official statement about the articles:

January 8, 2008 5:28 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – In response to an article published by The New Republic, Ron Paul issued the following statement:

“The quotations in The New Republic article are not mine and do not represent what I believe or have ever believed. I have never uttered such words and denounce such small-minded thoughts.

“In fact, I have always agreed with Martin Luther King, Jr. that we should only be concerned with the content of a person's character, not the color of their skin. As I stated on the floor of the U.S. House on April 20, 1999: ‘I rise in great respect for the courage and high ideals of Rosa Parks who stood steadfastly for the rights of individuals against unjust laws and oppressive governmental policies.’

“This story is old news and has been rehashed for over a decade. It's once again being resurrected for obvious political reasons on the day of the New Hampshire primary.

“When I was out of Congress and practicing medicine full-time, a newsletter was published under my name that I did not edit. Several writers contributed to the product. For over a decade, I have publicly taken moral responsibility for not paying closer attention to what went out under my name.”

FWIW
#74 of 126 Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysella View Post
"...
There are huge differences between Kucinich and Paul, but they will both be facing more mocking than the other candidates."

Rob Call, Political writer
This is my family's future that's at stake. It's not funny. Whoever thinks snickering into the mic when someone's talking is smart politics must have an awful lot of money to be that confident they'll be okay after the dollar really crashes.
#75 of 126 Old 01-12-2008, 07:22 PM

Let's have an example, shall we?

RP's history shows that he is anti-choice. He votes anti-choice consistently. I shall repeat this in large letters. HE VOTES ANTI-CHOICE CONSISTENTLY.

If he were to believe in the the Libertarian ideals which his platform is based upon, wouldn't he simply withhold his vote on the issues which he himself believes should be left out of the governmental spectrum?

Maybe I'm wackadoo (my new favorite word, BTW ), but he doesn't seem to be living up to his label.

And according to my DH (who I just read this aloud to, to make sure it's coherent as DD didn't let us sleep much last night) - "arguing politics on a message board is never a good idea".
#76 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 05:02 AM

Wow this thread has had over 3500 views.

I read most of the pages, but not all of them. My post is going to be long and drawn out, sorry. Not posting to be argumentative

Hello, *raises hand* I support the Good Doctor. Been following him for at least the past 6 months.

I think Kucinich is a great guy, and I respect everyone's choice.

Dr. Paul votes to get the federal government out of our lives. He votes to leave the choice up to the states. Once Congress votes on something it becomes the law of the land in Washington. He votes no so that it doesn't get that far. When Washington passes laws, then all of the states have to abide. He doesn't want that.

Dr. Paul is not an isolationist or a racist. He is a non-interventionist - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...nterventionism

"Non-interventionism, the diplomatic policy whereby a nation seeks to avoid alliances with other nations in order to avoid being drawn into wars not related to direct territorial self-defense, has had a long history in the United States."

He wants to do away with programs that are expensive and already bankrupt and self destructing anyway - but he would not leave people out in the cold. He has transitional programs for all of his ideas. His ideas are not new, he has been saying the same thing for years and years. The people dependent on broken programs would stay on them, but the young people would be given tools to help them be independent. The country is bankrupt, the Federal Reserve keeps printing money with nothing to back it up, and the dollar is crashing - Ron Paul wants to go back to the gold standard. He actually got into politics because economics fascinated him - he is a surgeon.

He does not want the power to take a woman's choice of abortion away. He believes that it should be left up to the state governments to decide the abortion laws, and we the people elect our state officials.

The state governments have their own constitutions, and they should be able to help their poor without federal oversight... just the same with everything else like education. The Dept of Ed was created around the time I was born. It seems to have all gone downhill from there... now most of the kids in school are on ADHD drugs while there is a war on drugs outside the school walls. Makes no sense.

He doesn't want to run the world. He would just like states to be able to govern their people, because they are perfectly capable of doing that.

Those racist remarks in the newsletter were not written by him, the guy who wrote them was fired - and I feel that if him not reading a newsletter that went out was the worst thing he has done, God bless him. I've seen his track record of the great things he has done in Congress, and alleged racism is the worst that has come up in smear attempts.

He's been elected for ten terms into Congress. The Ron Paul Library is an excellent resource to read all of his positions - http://ronpaullibrary.org/

There are tons of people supporting him, and they understand his message. They aren't racists or isolationists; they are people from all over... even other countries support the man and really think he is America's hope. Freedom is popular.

He supports midwives and out of hospital birth, and he recognizes that the c-section rate is out of control. He said his rate as an OB was about 15% which should be normal. Here is a video of him talking about it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjslpJam5W4

"Here’s what Ron Paul said at a political rally in Greenville, North Carolina when asked about licensing midwives: But if you can allow it with licensing, that’s slightly better, [than prohibition] the ideal is that people make up their own minds. I am not in favor of government prohibiting people from making private choices. I may have a medical opinion–well, you shouldn’t do this or you shouldn’t do that, but politically, people should make their own choices." http://birthingwithguinever.com/2008...ion-to-choose/

One thing that I want to know about him is how he feels about nursing in public, INSIDE a private establishment. Because he is very big on private property and individual rights. If/when I find that out, I will come back and let you know! However, we must prioritize issues that are most important to us - and things like the economy, the war, NAFTA, health freedom, CODEX, national ID cards, etc are pretty important too.

He supports homeschoolers and doesn't believe that there should be a national curriculum.

He doesn't think anyone should be forced to be vaccinated by the government.

If you'd like to learn more about him, you can check out the website that I made about him (looks better in IE than Firefox) - http://angelabailey.name/ron-paul.html

There are 101 reasons to vote for RP on my site.

This is the blog that I made dedicated to him too. http://iloveronpaul.blogspot.com/

I found this to be especially interesting.... historians/academics who are Constitutional scholars support Ron Paul - http://iloveronpaul.blogspot.com/200...-ron-paul.html

Politicians take the Constitution and rip it to pieces. He is a consistent man who swore to uphold the Constitution, and he still stands by his oath. I took a Constitution class in college and it really helped me see a lot of things that I didn't before.

The Republican and Democratic parties aren't even in the US Constitution. It's all organized crime anymore. So I will be Republican for couple of days to vote.

Also, please read these quotes by our Forefathers... http://iloveronpaul.blogspot.com/200...stitution.html

There is something very big happening w/Dr. Paul and grassroots, and it's energizing to people like me. We have a lot of zeal for him. He just finished 2nd in Nevada, and grassroots aren't giving up. Unfortunately, when he does become President, it will be another JFK/Bhutto situation IMO. Thankfully he is old enough and has lived a very good life should that happen.

A lot of people that I admire support him: Dr. Mercola, the Health Ranger from www.NewsTarget.com, and many more.

The blimp advertising was bought and paid for by Ron Paul supporters. Didn't have anything to do with the official campaign. The ad at the bottom of my website with the Founding Fathers was paid for by a wealthy person not affiliated with the campaign. People are donating millions of dollars to Ron Paul to try to prove that he has real support and get his name noticed.

Those new National ID cards and microchips have microscopic homing devices in them. The federal government will be able to locate anyone carrying their ID card. Yes, they could know when we are on the toilet! I'm not really happy about those cards... criminals will find ways to be criminals even with all of us losing our personal freedoms - they always do.

I will go now! Thanks for allowing me time to discuss. Our health freedoms are in trouble too. I could go on and on but I will stop there. These are the reasons why I love Ron Paul. I'm passionate
#77 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalpunkin View Post
Hello, *raises hand* I support the Good Doctor. Been following him for at least the past 6 months....
ME too!

BTW - you may want to jump over and post all of this in teh Ron Paul Policy thread if you get a chance. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=833299

#78 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Hello, *raises hand* I support the Good Doctor. Been following him for at least the past 6 months.
I always find it a teensy bit funny when folks call him "Good Doctor". Just because several of his supporters, at MDC anyway, tend to think that allopathic medicine is teh debil.

Quote:
Dr. Paul votes to get the federal government out of our lives. He votes to leave the choice up to the states. Once Congress votes on something it becomes the law of the land in Washington. He votes no so that it doesn't get that far. When Washington passes laws, then all of the states have to abide. He doesn't want that.
That's great in theory, but the net result is the same amount, or more intrusions on personal lives. Just at the state level. Only, without functioning safety net programs.

Quote:
Dr. Paul is not an isolationist or a racist. He is a non-interventionist - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...nterventionism

"Non-interventionism, the diplomatic policy whereby a nation seeks to avoid alliances with other nations in order to avoid being drawn into wars not related to direct territorial self-defense, has had a long history in the United States."
He is racist. He is isolationist. Unless you can come up with another explanation from his "no" vote on the Darfur divestment issue.

Quote:
He wants to do away with programs that are expensive and already bankrupt and self destructing anyway - but he would not leave people out in the cold. He has transitional programs for all of his ideas. His ideas are not new, he has been saying the same thing for years and years. The people dependent on broken programs would stay on them, but the young people would be given tools to help them be independent.
More info please. I have not heard anything about "transitional programs" so far.

Quote:
The country is bankrupt, the Federal Reserve keeps printing money with nothing to back it up, and the dollar is crashing - Ron Paul wants to go back to the gold standard.
Another nice idea that doesn't work that well in real life. First, there isn't enough gold in the world. Second, well...read this link: http://www.calicocat.com/2004/06/lib...-standard.html

Then there's the fact that the Gold Standard played a big role in causing and furthering the great depression.
http://www.federalreserve.gov/boardd...22/default.htm

Quote:
He does not want the power to take a woman's choice of abortion away. He believes that it should be left up to the state governments to decide the abortion laws, and we the people elect our state officials.
He wants the power to take a woman's right to abortion away, and give the decision to the states. Regardless of whether it's him personally doing it, or the states doing it, end result is the same. Lots of women with no access to abortion. Lots of unwanted babies. And eliminating or reducing social programs at the same time. GREAT idea.

Quote:
The state governments have their own constitutions, and they should be able to help their poor without federal oversight... just the same with everything else like education. The Dept of Ed was created around the time I was born. It seems to have all gone downhill from there...
Except "helping the poor" works better when done on a national level, as the cost can be spread over the widest group of people.

Quote:
now most of the kids in school are on ADHD drugs
This is a very inaccurate generalization. Link to stats, or you made it up.

Quote:
Those racist remarks in the newsletter were not written by him, the guy who wrote them was fired - and I feel that if him not reading a newsletter that went out was the worst thing he has done, God bless him. I've seen his track record of the great things he has done in Congress, and alleged racism is the worst that has come up in smear attempts.
How about not reading several newspapers over a 10 year period? While making racist remarks himself? Including this month?

Quote:
He's been elected for ten terms into Congress. The Ron Paul Library is an excellent resource to read all of his positions - http://ronpaullibrary.org/

There are tons of people supporting him, and they understand his message. They aren't racists or isolationists; they are people from all over... even other countries support the man and really think he is America's hope. Freedom is popular.
This is an appeal to numbers fallacy. And for the record, freedom? I'm against it.

Quote:
He supports homeschoolers and doesn't believe that there should be a national curriculum.
Don't you mean "national education system"?

Quote:
He doesn't think anyone should be forced to be vaccinated by the government.
Nobody's forced to NOW. By the feds anyway. However there are plenty of states that require it. State's rights!

Quote:
If you'd like to learn more about him, you can check out the website that I made about him (looks better in IE than Firefox) - http://angelabailey.name/ron-paul.html

There are 101 reasons to vote for RP on my site.
Many of them are just silly.
33. He Is Not Married To Hillary.
Um, what? Are any of the candidates married to her? Nope.

Quote:
Politicians take the Constitution and rip it to pieces. He is a consistent man who swore to uphold the Constitution, and he still stands by his oath. I took a Constitution class in college and it really helped me see a lot of things that I didn't before.
Do you happen to know WHICH Constitution he supports? Like, current constitution, original constitution, post-2nd-amendment-but-pre-3rd-amendment constitution?

Quote:
There is something very big happening w/Dr. Paul and grassroots, and it's energizing to people like me. We have a lot of zeal for him. He just finished 2nd in Nevada, and grassroots aren't giving up.
Boy have I noticed that.

Quote:
A lot of people that I admire support him: Dr. Mercola, the Health Ranger from www.NewsTarget.com, and many more.
What is your point naming all the names throughout this post? Who cares who else supports him? I don't care if God himself is a Ron Paul supporter. I vote for a candidate based on his/her merits and based on the effects of his/her policies. So should everyone else.

Quote:
Those new National ID cards and microchips have microscopic homing devices in them. The federal government will be able to locate anyone carrying their ID card. Yes, they could know when we are on the toilet! I'm not really happy about those cards... criminals will find ways to be criminals even with all of us losing our personal freedoms - they always do.
LOLOLOLLERSKATESROFLMAOBBQROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!

Oh, you were serious?
#79 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 02:14 PM

I understand that you are cynical, but I don't think you have to be rude and insulting to people who are trying to have a good discussion.

Ok... you want evidenced based information, so I will try to help you. It's nice that you are seeking more information on this candidate and asking questions. That means you are noticing him and want to know more about him and his ideas, and that is great.

If you would like to talk to many more supporters, you can ask some questions on the Ron Paul Forums.

I don't find humor in a good surgeon that practices good allopathic medicine to help people that truly benefit by it, and it is wonderful to have that choice available when someone wants it. Dr. Paul would like to protect people's rights to choose homeopathy which are at great risk right now. I am thankful for both options, and use them both. Allopathic medicine has it's problems, for sure, but it's nice that for now we have the choice to choose. I think it is very important to note certain people's name who support Dr. Paul, because it gets people to look into it. That was my point. Dr. Mercola is a very good reference for many MDC'ers and people that dislike Allopathy.

The Federal Reserve is not a site of reference that I would rely on for a couple of reasons. It's part of the organized crime in Washington, and it's a private banking institution. Our Forefathers warned us against private banks controlling America's money.

The FTC, FCC, FDA, and EPA have failed us miserably. Ever hear of the story about Libby, Montana? It really shocked me and proved to me further that we can't expect the federal government to keep us safe. It really is up to us. I think we could get a better handle on things if the feds didn't micromanage us.

Research the RFID and then laugh about homing devices in our ID cards - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFID

Some cellular telephones are already homing devices, and the FEDS can locate people through them. They can even activate the phones when they are powered down. Research E911 tracking.

ADHD and our children on medication - http://www.education-world.com/a_iss...sues148a.shtml

Highlights of Research on Increases in Drug Treatment for Childhood ADHD
The following are statistics detailed in the story.

*The number of preschool children being treated with medication for ADHD tripled between 1990 and 1995.

*The number of children ages 15 to 19 taking medication for ADHD has increased by 311 percent over 15 years.

*The use of medication to treat children between the ages of 5 and 14 also increased by approximately 170 percent.

*White, suburban elementary children are given medication to treat ADHD at more than twice the rate of African American students.

*Methylphenidate (commonly known as Ritalin) is manufactured at two and a half times the rate of a decade ago.

*The majority of children and adolescents who receive stimulants for ADHD do not fully meet the criteria for ADHD.

Someone asked me once what Dr. Paul would do to help autistic families. The CDC has already failed us miserably, so do we really want them to do more damage? Private nonprofit organizations have a better chance to help than the FEDS. Do we really want their help? They seem to constantly do more damage than anything.

If you look at what Grassroots has accomplished for Ron Paul this past year or so, think of what we could all accomplish without the help of the nanny state and corporatism.

Regarding Sudan, noninterventionism is not the answer you are looking for, so I have a feeling that unless someone agrees that he is an isolationist (which he isn't), you won't be satisfied. Someone that is an isolationist doesn't support free trade.

There are terrible, horrible things going on around the world, yes. We cannot save the world. There is no money to fund anything to do with Darfur, or any other country that has a civil war.

And I meant national curriculum, not national education system. Right now, the states build their curriculum based on the national subject groups. http://hnn.us/articles/22591.html

How many of us follow our state and local politics as closely as we follow the presidental election and federal programs?

I really have to go, but I am sure there are thousands of people on the Ron Paul Forums who will be happy to help answer further questions until I can get back. Have a nice day.
#80 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 04:35 PM

I didn't ask about spending money on Darfur. I asked about the Darfur Divestment act.

And you're not allowed to link to other forums here.

I'll get to the rest of it later. When the forum actually, you know, works.
#81 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM

Ok I edited my post to fix the link that you pointed out. My mistake.

It goes back to noninterventionism with Darfur. I don't know what else to tell you. You aren't getting the answer you want to hear. Here is his personal statement about what you are asking if you are interested - http://www.askthecandidates.org/candidate/reports/356
#82 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 05:35 PM

You said you were going to offer evidence. Most of your post talked a lot about how great homeopathy is or what is wrong with over-diagnosing ADHD, neither of which have ANYTHING to do with Ron Paul, the current administration, or even the president of the U.S. in general.

Here were your two specific statements about Paul...

Quote:
Dr. Paul would like to protect people's rights to choose homeopathy which are at great risk right now.
Who told you this? This is silly. The U.S. Government has almost no power over the supplements and home remedies industry with no plans in the works to increase that. Even when they have discussed it in the past, they have been a lot more worried about actual supplements (vitamins and such) than homeopathy.

Quote:
Someone asked me once what Dr. Paul would do to help autistic families.
Do tell. You started talking about the CDC but again, this operating division and its missteps in the past have nothing to do with Ron Paul's agenda.

Quote:
There are terrible, horrible things going on around the world, yes. We cannot save the world. There is no money to fund anything to do with Darfur, or any other country that has a civil war.

Those who can, should.
#83 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Ok I edited my post to fix the link that you pointed out. My mistake.

It goes back to noninterventionism with Darfur. I don't know what else to tell you. You aren't getting the answer you want to hear. Here is his personal statement about what you are asking if you are interested - http://www.askthecandidates.org/candidate/reports/356
His answer and yours show a basic misunderstanding of this act. I'd encourage you to read more about it and consider what harm there could possibly be in it.
#84 of 126 Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Periwinkle - I will try to be more clear. There have been too many conflicts of interest with the CDC and autism studies. They haven't found a link between vaccines and autism, and the studies are incomplete. Ron Paul, I believe, would leave it up to private people and organizations to fund autism research. There is no federal money to put towards autism research anyway. I don't know where people expect the government to get the money for autism from - there is no money to get.

This bill did not pass which was supposed to sever conflicts of interest ties between the CDC and big pharma - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-5887

Now this alternative one has been introduced -
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1973

There is a video on YouTube called "Global Warming or Global Governance?" Doesn't hurt to look at the other side, and I will watch it when I have the time - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43905833454241

You asked who told me that homeopathy is at stake. It's been shoved in my face by all the alternative resources I have come across.

Codex Alimentarius (CAC) & the World Trade Organization (WTO) - there is a codex movie on my web page that features Ron Paul. It is called We Become Silent, and you can watch it here - http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...02728465&hl=en

Some links:

http://www.nncb.org/codex/codex-homeopathy.html

http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php

http://www.newstarget.com/022137.html
Thursday, October 18, 2007 by: Mike Adams

That article is again here - http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...ticle_7785.cfm
FDA Seizes $71k in Herbal Tea Products as Campaign of Censorship Against Nutritional Supplements Continues

Many chriopractors support Ron Paul because of the assault on health freedoms too - http://blog.planetc1.com/2007/10/15/...port-ron-paul/

Regarding vaccinations - the states pass legislature regarding vaccination based on the schedule that the CDC recommends. People need to pay more attention to their particular state and work on their legislators. And I hope the day does not come when the federal government will force smallpox vaccines, or other vaccines on people.

If you have any more questions about what I've posted, I will try to answer, but I cannot spend much more time here.

BTW - here is a big list of people who endorse Ron Paul, and I'm not saying you should because they do, but maybe it will make you wonder more of why they do... you might come to find out that you agree with them.... or you might not. Doesn't hurt to share the information.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements

Again, I mention people's names because it makes sense. It is going to take a so-called revolution (movement) to save America, and that takes people coming together. And it's happening! This extends beyond Dr. Paul and the election and we're not going to take it anymore.

As for Darfur - You are clearly a passionate activist for Darfur and genocide, and I am for things as well. However, I am not expecting our federal government to police the world and stomp out all the boogymen while we lose our freedoms in exchange. There are too many conflicts of interest, and it's only getting worse.

The Act puts financial squeeze on Sudan from what I understand, and it's an act of war (without troops sent it.) He explains more here - http://www.govtrack.us/congress/reco...lementm45m0m0m

Please read the link above - notably, he said, "To the extent that divestment effected change in South Africa, it was brought about by private individuals working through the market to influence others." I think that Ron Paul encourages private individuals to bring about the change in Darfur just by that statement.

I had said that people in other countries support Ron Paul, and I was asked to prove it I think. There is an International forum on the RP Forums. Here is a video that might help explain what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM

We need more time to focus on our state legislature because it affects us more (at least it should.) I can't keep up with all the issues that the Feds involve us in that are bankrupting us.
#85 of 126 Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMama2007 View Post
Let's have an example, shall we?

RP's history shows that he is anti-choice. He votes anti-choice consistently. I shall repeat this in large letters. HE VOTES ANTI-CHOICE CONSISTENTLY.

Ron Paul is a constitulionalist and he votes against things that are not in he consistution. No where in the constitution is it stated that abortion is a right.

RP has consitantly said that if you want these things to be true laws of the land then change the consistution, but until it's a consistutional right then it's an illegal law.

It's a really basic and easy view point to be coming from, if it's not in the consistution then it's an illegal law. Case closed.
#86 of 126 Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvergirlie View Post
Ron Paul is a constitulionalist and he votes against things that are not in he consistution. No where in the constitution is it stated that abortion is a right.

RP has consitantly said that if you want these things to be true laws of the land then change the consistution, but until it's a consistutional right then it's an illegal law.

It's a really basic and easy view point to be coming from, if it's not in the consistution then it's an illegal law. Case closed.
ConSTITution. Constitution.

There are no specific laws in the Constitution.

Case closed.

According to RP himself, and quoted by Wikipedia (good source, I know) he will "never vote for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution". He votes anti-choice. It is not expressly authorized by the Constitution, and yet he continues to vote on it...

And that's my point. If he doesn't believe that you should be voting on something because it's not in the Constitution...then don't vote on it!

Case closed.
#87 of 126 Old 01-26-2008, 03:50 PM

Tropicalpunkin while I appreciate the effort and energy you went towards providing links, it's the fundamental assertion that Ron Paul will help prescribing behavior or how drugs and vaccines are marketed etc. that I find just... flat-out baseless.

Complaining about the CDC is not a solution to the problem. Identifying how things work now is not a solution to the problem offered by the candidate.

This poor guy... everyone who supports him seems to think they can identify all the wrongs in this country and in their states and his presence on Pennsylvania Avenue will magically make them all go poof.

I bet if I went on some pro-Ron Paul website and typed out a long meandering post saying things like "And another thing... the trash men sometimes spill trash in my driveway and don't clean it up.... elect Ron Paul!!!" I'd get a thousand replies.

For example....

Quote:
Regarding vaccinations - the states pass legislature regarding vaccination based on the schedule that the CDC recommends. People need to pay more attention to their particular state and work on their legislators. And I hope the day does not come when the federal government will force smallpox vaccines, or other vaccines on people.
What. Are. You. Talking. About. ?????

What do you see as the problem here?

And what is Ron Paul's proposed solution. And no fair saying "everyone likes him and he's a good person and anti-big goverment" . I mean, actual proposed solution.
#88 of 126 Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 AM

Free market.
#89 of 126 Old 01-27-2008, 07:42 PM

I know it's been asked in the numerous Ron Paul threads in Politics, but can you provide an actual example of the free market solving any of these problems? For instance, what is the free market going to do with regards to Autism? With regard to issues like Ephedra and other dangerous supplements (especially as promoted for weight loss?)? False claims made by manufacturers?

Vegan, mom to : Joe and Josh ::
#90 of 126 Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 PM

How does all this pertain to the President and Ron Paul? The President can approve or disapprove (veto) legislation given to him or her. There are also a good number of people lined up to run for Congress that support Dr. Paul. Those people will represent our states, and grassroots is working to get them to Washington. It also pertains to Dr. Paul because he has introduced legislation to Congress over the years that is along the lines of what I've been talking about.

I am not fully understanding people's replies here, so I'm not sure how to answer. There are conflicts of interest directly relating big pharma and our politicians and government agencies.

The solution: Get them out of there. Get rid of the FDA.

The FDA approves the vaccines, the CDC recommends them, and state legislators enforce the actions.

The FDA said Ephedra was safe... actually, the FDA says many things are safe that really aren't. People die all the time from FDA approved drugs. What good is the FDA? They make our food safe? Oh really? All the GM foods, the high fructose corn syrup, the aspartame, the splenda, homogenized milk... safe? The FDA is the king of promoting false claims...

The guy down at my local health food store is about as brainy as my medical doctor when it comes to prescribing "medicine." I don't trust either one more than the other, they can both only make recommendations... I view the remedies at the health food store as safe or as dangerous as I do pharmaceuticals. The FDA doesn't guarantee squat. It's a monopoly, only difference is that the FDA is much more powerful than my health food store. Organized crime is what it is.

“The thing that bugs me is that people think the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is protecting them — it isn’t. What the FDA is doing and what the public thinks it’s doing are as different as night and day.”
Dr. Herbert L. Ley, former Commissioner of the FDA

Lots more FDA quotes here that should help answer questions about how no FDA and free market would help autism - if they don't help, don't know what to tell ya. http://www.*********/vaccine/fda2.html

The current government setup is not helping... they need to step aside, remove the restrictions, and let people who really care make a difference.

The Autism Epidemic
A true free market in health care would not have led to the deadly combinations of state mandates in vaccines, state-licensed providers who are protected and the denial by the guilty parties of any damage that they have inflicted. - Randall Schultz, January 30, 2002 [Strike-the-root.com]

BTW, speaking of autism - a new show airs soon on ABC. It's caused the AAP to attempt to censor ABC, in turn causing Generation Rescue to declare war today...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page